News Epic Games Store

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

As much as I like dunking on Tim Epic, at least he had an idea of what he wanted to do (based on wrong assumptions, but still), this man on the other hand ....
And he'll lose that war just like Tim.
To Tim's credit, until EGS, he was actually quite good at delivering, being a great programmer and running Epic. Elon has more money, but none of the programming ability or business sense.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Is he really going to side with Musk and DeSantis...

I am so over the whole twisted idea that somehow platforms are infringing on folks rights by deplatforming hate speech and misinformation...

Sure Apple is extremely prudish towards sexual content, but then I would turn that spotlight right back onto politicians who attack sexual content and create laws to restrict it...

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Welp he's went off the deep end.
The libertarian ethos he espouses leads to this eventually. It was only a matter of time.
It's when he starts going after 'social ills' (minorities/lgbtq2+) as the cause of these problems, it shouldn't be surprising. It's the final stage before he start goose stepping in jackboots.

• This!
Reactions: lashman

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
My completely wild speculation is a Payday clone. Again, not based on anything other than a guess and the type of multiplayer games Epic targets and the crime lingo...

Real question is if it is a delayed game that was signed prior to early 2021. 505 signing an exclusive deal now would be dumb, but also not completely out of character for them.

• Sad

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
because of everything they've been doing since the very beginning
Still far from the worst publisher.

There are publishers that are literally keeping money that are suppose to go to the devs themself, publishers that publishes games that leaves devs in the shadows about everything, publishers who don't give a fuck about sexual harassment etc.

505 have done some dumb shit like regional pricing, Epic deals, Humble Bundle weirdness, but absolutely not the worst publisher out there.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
because of everything they've been doing since the very beginning
When they start actively fucking over their dev partners, and maliciously doing the same to their fans, we might have something to talk about - but in a world where EA and Activision, let alone all the other smaller pubs we've read about over the last decade, still exist, 505 are just kinda annoying.
It does make me side-eye Remedy hitching their cart to 505 so completely though.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
There's a reason people keep posting Steam links to games in the Reddit EGS giveaway threads.
Completely unrelated but It's funny cause' lately I have seen a new pattern on r/pcgaming community. There's always a group of VERY SPECIFIC accounts that always post only EGS links, only that, they do not interact on anything else, one stopped posting some months ago and a new one just popped up doing the exact same thing lol

I won't share names cause' last thing I want to do is point and shame but either astroturfing or.... astroturfing, tbh.

Also, lately I have seen an increase of those accounts on Twitter, I guess "Free speech" was meant for bots and false narrative all along :lampblob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Completely unrelated but It's funny cause' lately I have seen a new pattern on r/pcgaming community. There's always a group of VERY SPECIFIC accounts that always post only EGS links, only that, they do not interact on anything else, one stopped posting some months ago and a new one just popped up doing the exact same thing lol

I won't share names cause' last thing I want to do is point and shame but either astroturfing or.... astroturfing, tbh.

Also, lately I have seen an increase of those accounts on Twitter, I guess "Free speech" was meant for bots and false narrative all along :lampblob:
I know exactly what you mean and they are always getting downvoted hard, curious why they still do it considering noone wants EGS links in PC related threads.

Reactions: lashman and Mor

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I remember the Anno guy defending the EGS exclusivity on Twitter back in the day – I guess he didnt have any other choice while he was still at Ubisoft, heh?
In any case, as I said, its good Ubisoft is coming back to Steam. Think of them what you will, I just like people having options and said often that everything should release on Steam (and everywhere, every platform!)

~

Weird to see 505 do another exclusive, I thought they had learned the lesson by now...maybe an old contract? Or just a particularly disgustingly huge sack of cash?

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

It's not a recent thing. For the last 2 years, I've seen these accounts and they usually delete their account after a few months. Then another new account starts posting.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I remember the Anno guy defending the EGS exclusivity on Twitter back in the day – I guess he didnt have any other choice while he was still at Ubisoft, heh?
In any case, as I said, its good Ubisoft is coming back to Steam. Think of them what you will, I just like people having options and said often that everything should release on Steam (and everywhere, every platform!)

~

Weird to see 505 do another exclusive, I thought they had learned the lesson by now...maybe an old contract? Or just a particularly disgustingly huge sack of cash?
Could also be an old contract. Like GoatSim 3 was announced this year, but was signed in 2019 iirc.

Reactions: LEANIJA

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
As expected, Geoff is the only one who gives them any space lol
And to be clear, "Expect tons of big announcements including new games, new trailers, and a few surprises." is most likely about the show in general, not EGS, but they wrote the tweet like it's about EGS.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
And to be clear, "Expect tons of big announcements including new games, new trailers, and a few surprises." is most likely about the show in general, not EGS, but they wrote the tweet like it's about EGS.
To be honest, I expect Alan Wke 2 to be there and probably some other Epic publishing games. Perhaps one or two mid size timed exclusives but nothing else.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
To be honest, I expect Alan Wke 2 to be there and probably some other Epic publishing games. Perhaps one or two mid size timed exclusives but nothing else.
I will honestly be dissapointed if AW2 and Playdeads next game isn't there.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I know one poster you're talking about, but I think they're more of a fanboy than anything else. I haven't noticed any blatant astroturfing accounts on Reddit.

As expected, Geoff is the only one who gives them any space lol
Tweets with threatening auras. :fearful-face:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
After reading geoff's reddit posts I totally think this is the one correct.

Fewer new games, more updates overall
so, a few mid size exclusives and as main surprise the X-mas giveaway they do all the time lol

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I bet this will be part of the EGS reel, no way in hell it isn't. So yeah, this is the kind of stuff I'm expecting mostly.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
What the heck is a Web2 gamer?
Web 2.0 is the "evolutionary stage" the internet is currently considered to be in (Web 1.0 is essentially the state the internet was in the 90s). Web 3.0 is a hypothetical concept by cryptonerds where they think crypto is the next major evolution of the internet and that in the future crypto will be a integral and inseparable part of how everyone uses the internet.

Or something like that cryptonerds are dumb as shit and Web3 is a stupid buzzword to delude themselves into thinking everyone is gonna have cryptowallets as their main form of payment and they're super cool and smart for being the first ones to have them.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Web 2.0 is the "evolutionary stage" the internet is currently considered to be in (Web 1.0 is essentially the state the internet was in the 90s). Web 3.0 is a hypothetical concept by cryptonerds where they think crypto is the next major evolution of the internet and that in the future crypto will be a integral and inseparable part of how everyone uses the internet.

Or something like that cryptonerds are dumb as shit and Web3 is a stupid buzzword to delude themselves into thinking everyone is gonna have cryptowallets as their main form of payment and they're super cool and smart for being the first ones to have them.
I know that web2.0 is some evolutionary stage for web standards back in early 2000s. But it is for web standards, it has nothing to do with gaming. Web3.0 is just a bullshit buzzword that crypto-world thought was good word to use for their crypto bullshit. Don't drag web2.0 down to the bullshit >.<

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I know that web2.0 is some evolutionary stage for web standards back in early 2000s. But it is for web standards, it has nothing to do with gaming. Web3.0 is just a bullshit buzzword that crypto-world thought was good word to use for their crypto bullshit. Don't drag web2.0 down to the bullshit >.<
Web 3.0 was coined initially for web standards. But devs are using it as a buzzword for crypto games as well even though it makes no sense whatsoever.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Web 0.0 gamers play games on local hardware, like downloading from Steam. They are the most primitive gamers.
Web 1.0 gamers play games on standalone websites, like Wordle. They are the peasants of gaming.
Web 2.0 gamers play games hosted on platforms, so Newgrounds, Facebook Gaming, etc. Basically the merchant class.
Web 3.0 gamers find a sponsor to buy them access into a Metaverse NFT game, so they can grind for thousands of hours while their sponsor pockets 50%+ of the money they make working playing. They are noble lords, to be sure.
Web 4.0 gamers are, of course, the most advanced form of gamer. I'm not yet powerful enough to know what for sure what they play, but I suspect it's mostly Fortnite. Maybe some Roblox. Kings.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018

Another web3 sca-, game is coming to EGS.

Other than Rockay City, I'm expecting an Alan Wake 2 gameplay trailer and maybe a premier trailer for GenDesign's game.
AW2? yes.
GenDesing? Likely not.
DEADLAB? probably.

Also, expect Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 to be EGS exclusive (Saber) as it will likelt be at the event, so part of the reel.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
AW2? yes.
GenDesing? Likely not.
DEADLAB? probably.

Also, expect Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 to be EGS exclusive (Saber) as it will likelt be at the event, so part of the reel.
That would be the first exclusive that outright annoys me. However a year isn’t really a long time and it’s not as if there aren’t tons of other good games being released all the time.

Space Marine that is, the NFT game can die a slow painful death on EGS as far as I am concerned.