News Epic Games Store

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
so much for Paradox being the good guys ...

Get ready to be swarmed with so many goddamn paid DLCs just like most of Paradox's games.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when devs continue to support their games with paid DLC, but I would've at least see some free DLC for once.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
And another game to the list of games I'll never buy, shame since I own most of Paradox games.

Reactions: lashman

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Did you know that paradox has their own store and launcher where they would get 100% of the revenue?

How come the game won't even be sold there? 🤔🤔🤔

Could it be that it's not about the revenue split
I think GamersGate has been independent for years now, unless they opened a new store.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I think GamersGate has been independent for years now, unless they opened a new store.
Talking about these:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Talking about these:
lol, first time I hear about this store. Seems like they're really confident in it.

Deleted member 113

Another day, and still no signs of that Shenmue 3 refund. :mad:

I really don't understand why some people asked for a refund on the same day I did, and received their refund 11 days ago, and so far, I got nothing.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
"but anti epic people are just a loud minority on some forums"

Take a look at Paradox Interactives announcement on their FB page:

Check the comments.
Oh yeah ive mentioned it before but people on Facebook HATE EGS. Fanatical does polls about EGS all the time and the comments are hilarious.

Reactions: Samson and m_dorian

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
Considering I'm never touching a game before 1.0 ever again, this means nothing to me. EGS can have as much EA exclusivity as it wants.
Yes, that reflects my sentiment about PDX games too.

I 've bought Stellaris at launch, the middle edition about € 40 or something and after that i had to face DLCpocalypse and constant gameplay changes.
I liked, and still like, the game and i had bought one needless DLC as i though i was rewarding them but i soon found out i was not.
I was encouraging them to continue this crap.
I also found out i was buying an ealry access game carefully camouflaged as a finished one.

And, as long as there are mindless whales out there, PDX will continue to be assholes, i 'm afraid.
And what about that last argument the useful idiots have by claiming about "free patches and soooo much value on DLC".
Well... it depends.
Free patches are not that free because most of them utilize some features found only on the DLCs they are "banded" with.
And while some of the paid DLCs offer some nice things that is not always happening (see how many times they broke Stellaris gameplay) and they definitely aren't worth a even a fragment of their starting price.

Yes, i am at war with PDX, my lone private one. I am missing their games -or get them at ridiculously low price mostly from keysellers and they are missing my money and my good will.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I was probably not going to buy the game anyway, never bought Surviving mars.
But Emperator finally opened my eyes anyway. Never buy a pdx game on launch anymore.

Reactions: ISee

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I didn't really survive Mars. I got bored after about 3 hours on launch day because I found myself with nothing to do.

So it's all yours, Tim, enjoy.

Reactions: lashman

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
I've already seen a few people on era say they'll buy RDR 2 on epic because their library is now pretty large from the free games.

Granted since this is from era they're likely lying just to rile people up but no doubt that is Epic's goal with the free games. They want people to be lured in then feel trapped from the "oh god I have too many games on here to abandon it" feeling.
Who doesn't have a lot of games on at least 2 client this days, honestly? I have almost 200 games on gog, never played anything even tho I would like to participate on it, and God knows how many on the Twitch thing (I don't even know how to download them tbh)
I don't know, freebies this days are becoming less and less appealing because someone give away something on a daily basis

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
as a reminder - they went public a while ago .... so their only responsibility right now is to make more and more money for their shareholders
That explains. Oh well, they won't see my money, that for sure.

It seems more and more devs and publishers don't give a shit about consumers anymore, but rather rely on capitalistic decisions to get more money: 2K, EA, Ubisoft, Activision, WB, Deep Silver etc etc.

The mainstream audience doesn't seem to care, but I'm getting tired of giving these companies my money. Which is sad, because many talented people are working on these games...

Gengis Khan

Goodfella
Jan 26, 2019
Italy
mgmboxeisland.com
I got Surviving Mars with a Humble Bundle and admittedly it utterly failed to keep me hooked, so I won't lose sleep over this.
Which reminds me a realization I had a couple of days ago: most of the original lot of EGS launch exclusives are now close the expiration of these 12 months they agreed on, and when I think about it, it really helps to put things in perspective.

You know what? Bar this happening to something that I was STRONGLY anticipating (say Cyberpunk 2077 or Bannerlords) I realized that I mostly don't give a shit.
No, really. The wait for these games (Hades, Satisfactory, Ashen, etc) to come back on other stores definitely didn't pain me much, if at all.

Hell, at this point I'm still not sure I give enough of a shit to try them once they land on Steam either, frankly.
IGN are the good guys today in this increasingly obvious simulation world we're living in.

Wow, imagine that. It took almost ONE FULL YEAR for ONE major gaming site to report the shocking reveal of what most of us have been repeating for a year straight, beig often dismissed as some sort of lunatics and "toxic entitled gamers who can't click one extra icon".

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Wow, imagine that. It took almost ONE FULL YEAR for ONE major gaming site to report the shocking reveal of what most of us have been repeating for a year straight, beig often dismissed as some sort of lunatics and "toxic entitled gamers who can't click one extra icon".
Maybe the major gaming sites also had one year exclusivity and now the deal is ending :ROFLMAO:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Even signing exclusivity away from their own store.

But 88/12, right?
I understand that you were being sarcastic, but....
Discord has a 90/10 split and nobody is using it, nobody is promoting it and media isn't talking about it because epic needs to be the hero.
This was never about the split, but about epic bribes.
looks like someone struck a nerve ;)

Is there a chance this could escalate and IGN could react? Please!

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Haha wow he's so cranky and petty!

Alright Mr thinking about the Devs, lower the egs store cut to 0%, stop with the moneyhats and let actual struggling Indies in. Then I'll believe the rants.