|OT| Genshin Impact - Breath of the Elements

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Btw, this site is a very nice way to keep track of your wishes and pity.
Only going to miss some data from the beginning of the game for those of us who started out, since Mihoyo only keeps the history for 6 months, but there's going to an import if we kept track manually.

It looks pretty safe. There's no login or anything involved, it just uses a temporary key to access the wish history page.

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
Ended up deciding to roll on Zhongli's banner.
Got Keqing C1 on pity 77, the very worst constellation in the entire game. :ripblob:

I dumped what I had left, even went to Spiral Abyss to get gems to get 20 more rolls.
Noelle C6 came to save me at pity 20, and Zhongli the very next roll.
Thanks you geo gods :blobhug:
Congrats on geo god!

I went and bought more wishes using tokens in paimon shop and used my saved primos to summon till 50/50 pity. Got my geo god as well. Thanks to Ascheroth for convincing me that it was needed I guess lol. I need to clean out the mora in the event shop now for sure since I'm poor af right now.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
You're so far along with your pot. I have like a handful of furniture I can put down and my mansion is nearly empty. Are you speeding things up with the potions a lot?
I use them all and always buy the 5 daily ones. There's no real point to saving them.

Edit: to be more precise, especially at the beginning you want to use them asap, because placing furniture increases energy and energy increases your housing currency/hour income at certain threshold. The first time you craft a blueprint will also increase your Trust Rank, which unlocks more features.
More money/hour = more blueprints you can buy = more Trust Exp = more features.

It's really easy to get to 6k energy in 2 days, and 8 only takes a few days more.
Technically it's already possible to be at 10k if you game the system (only building the purple Pine Screens and just putting dozens of them in every room), but screw that, I want my teapot to be somewhat presentable.

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
You can’t really place much outside, huh? I’ve hit the cap and it’s still pretty barren.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
You can’t really place much outside, huh? I’ve hit the cap and it’s still pretty barren.
Depends on what you place. Every item has a certain load value. I guess it's sort of size/complexity related. Animals for example have a high load, probably because they're animated and walk around and stuff.

What sucks is that you're kind of incentivized to be "efficient", and nice stuff like animals, trees or even the cool boulders that allow you to build fancy housing complexes/villages are extremely inefficient in terms of load/value.
I hope this gets better once we unlock the 2nd and 3rd outdoor area or Mihoyo tweaks some numbers, but it's a bit of a downer for sure.

Reactions: beep boop

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
I use them all and always buy the 5 daily ones. There's no real point to saving them.

Edit: to be more precise, especially at the beginning you want to use them asap, because placing furniture increases energy and energy increases your housing currency/hour income at certain threshold. The first time you craft a blueprint will also increase your Trust Rank, which unlocks more features.
More money/hour = more blueprints you can buy = more Trust Exp = more features.

It's really easy to get to 6k energy in 2 days, and 8 only takes a few days more.
Technically it's already possible to be at 10k if you game the system (only building the purple Pine Screens and just putting dozens of them in every room), but screw that, I want my teapot to be somewhat presentable.
I see. I guess I've been lazy with it, treating it like an expedition or something that's just set and forget. I'll dive into it more later today.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018

:steam_pigblanket:

2nd domain is super easy, but first one required creative teambuilding + food buffs + some of the new Fruit Buffs :sweaty-blob:
The vishap hatchlings are so annoying to fight with them just being invincible while burrowing into the ground...

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Wow, nicely done! I’ve only tried the second one on easy, but it definitely seems more manageable than the previous.

• Comfy
Reactions: Ascheroth

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
First encounter was infuriating with the little lizards hiding half the time, the second is quite easy even in expert with a lot of extra HP on mobs. Venti shines a lot though.

Also, this event is pretty solid, especially the little dungeon today. I'd like some larger content like that in coop.

Reactions: Ascheroth

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
How the fuck do I kill the 2 snipers at the end of the event domain without melting or being sniped with 2 shields(Diona and Noelle)?

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Ideally, use Tartaglia to snipe them down quickly.
Otherwise, use Barbara to break their shields and then use whatever at range to stay safe.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
How the fuck do I kill the 2 snipers at the end of the event domain without melting or being sniped with 2 shields(Diona and Noelle)?
This 2nd stage of the event really wants you to have a ranged DPS.
But there are probably still a bunch of different strategies.
What are your characters?

With Venti you can probably disable the pyro gunners before they even have their shield up.
Tortellini should work great here as well.
Ganyu obviously too.
With a shield-bot Zhongli you could even operate outside of the safe-zone for a good amount of time and use your melee DPS. Maybe a high investment Noelle could achieve the same to a lesser extent?
Ningguang's Jade Shield should be helpful to keep the archers at bay while dealing with the enemies in the circle.
A catalyst user + Xingqiu could probably also disable the pyro shields from within the safe zone.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The combination of Bennett’s healing field, dmg reduction on Xingqui's swords (+ its damage to their shields) and Zhongli shields made the damage field pretty manageable for an all-melee team. I cast Zhong ult to keep the guys in the middle in place and rush one of the archers at a time. Then back to the middle, deal with some of the jobbers in there, shield up again and repeat. Got my 4000 points and I'm satisfied with that. :dmcblob:

By the way, how rare is Dream Solvent? I'm thinking of using it to swap to the proper item for my DPS' talents. But maybe I should hold on to it, idk.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Dream Solvent is supposed to be fairly rare, but not as much as prototypes.
I got three last week. Only one this time.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Doesn’t seem as bad as the billets, yeah. I apparently had two and got another one today. Seems reasonable.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Oh no I reached Friendship 10 with Ningguang yesterday - I have no more DPS chars built that aren't Friendship 10 yet to carry my rag-tag friendship farming commission teams :grimacing-face:

My Friendship 10 chars are: Ganyu, Venti, Barbara, Diluc, Razor, Fischl, Qiqi, Ningguang, Xingqiu and Xiangling.
I have Beidou sorta halfway built, but more as sub-DPS, so it's not as smooth sailing with her if she's the main DPS in a team with no synergy.
I could build Yanfei and give her Ning's weapon and Diluc's artifacts, or Rosaria with Xiangling's weapon and Razor's artifact.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I have 40 Crimson Witch artifacts and not a single one is a feather. I'm starting to get the feeling that the drop rate for it is lower than all the other parts of the set. If not, how...?!

I know I said I wouldn't go back to artifact hell -- possibly the worst and most demoralizing grind in any game I've ever played -- but I keep it to one or two a day. I just want a damn feather already, any substats will do. It's getting a little ridiculous :weary-face:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I have 40 Crimson Witch artifacts and not a single one is a feather. I'm starting to get the feeling that the drop rate for it is lower than all the other parts of the set. If not, how...?!

I know I said I wouldn't go back to artifact hell -- possibly the worst and most demoralizing grind in any game I've ever played -- but I keep it to one or two a day. I just want a damn feather already, any substats will do. It's getting a little ridiculous :weary-face:
It doesn't help that pyro and electro domain are the worst domains to farm of them all, since they are the only ones where one of the two possible sets are virtually garbage. Yeah, there are hyper-specialized conditional builds that can make use of a Lavawalker for example, but 99% of those who farm that domain are probably farming for a Witch set. All other domains have 2 useful sets, maybe Viredescent/Maiden is the closest that comes to it by virtue of a healer set not really being that useful in endgame, but it still serves at least a purpose.

You could pump in a couple of Fragile Resins to get it (hopefully) over and done with at once instead of spreading the misery over days and weeks, but I'd only do that at AR 45.

I do wonder how many people are quitting the game once they reach "end-game" because artifact farming is just... not fun. Yet also responsible for a big part of a character's power and the only "unlimited" grinding content (weapons, characters levels and talents are all finite.).

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
It doesn't help that pyro and electro domain are the worst domains to farm of them all, since they are the only ones where one of the two possible sets are virtually garbage. Yeah, there are hyper-specialized conditional builds that can make use of a Lavawalker for example, but 99% of those who farm that domain are probably farming for a Witch set. All other domains have 2 useful sets, maybe Viredescent/Maiden is the closest that comes to it by virtue of a healer set not really being that useful in endgame, but it still serves at least a purpose.

You could pump in a couple of Fragile Resins to get it (hopefully) over and done with at once instead of spreading the misery over days and weeks, but I'd only do that at AR 45.

I do wonder how many people are quitting the game once they reach "end-game" because artifact farming is just... not fun. Yet also responsible for a big part of a character's power and the only "unlimited" grinding content (weapons, characters levels and talents are all finite.).
It takes so much time to get to 45 and there’s very little space to improve my team other than artifacts domains right now. I’m basically just pre-farming for the weekly reset and AR50, which is deeply unsatisfying. At least this event has some new stuff to do every other day.

Whether people drop off because of this, it takes a lot of investment just to get to this point of the game. I imagine that most of who do get here stick with it for that reason. Somewhere around AR30-35 is where relatively more would stop, I think, because that’s when the content drought begins. Then again, if I hadn’t pulled the one character I really wanted (Diluc), I think I’d have called it quits somewhere in the 20s. That was very fortunate.

I’m glad to have only reached AR40 now that Dream Solvent exists and the superbosses only take 30 resin. That already takes out a lot of randomness and wasted time.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Artefact farming is the reason why fragile resin exists. I can't even imagine doing dungeons three times a day and leaving with nothing every time.
At least you get some ok pieces if you just splurge on resin that day, it feels like less of a waste. :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

Slowly getting all my chars to friendship 10.
I don't have any healer left now that Noelle reached it though, it's pretty annoying for the open world. Especially with the F2P flavor of Amber+Lisa+Chongyun with shit gear and shit talents.
At least Ningguang is carrying me until she maxes out hers but then :fearful-face: Zhongli is chilling until I make a team around Hu Tao, it will be much stronger than the Z team I have, so I may as well wait for them to have some new, harder content to do.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I'm having a lot of trouble with the sheer HP of enemies in this new twisted realm event. I'm not doing enough damage to even clear it under 10 minutes... Is that purely a factor of ascensions, level and artifacts? My team handles the content at AR40 with ease, and I could clear the previous challenges at expert in time, but these ruin dudes at lv. 90 soak up a lot of damage, it seems. Any tips? I'm already trying to time bursts with the orb so that I don't have to avoid it.

Edit: just turned the timer off and increased the health modifier to compensate. Took forever, but at least I got my 4000 points :dmcblob: King Zhong as always the MVP with the shields.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
The ruin guards are super resistant to physical damage, they push you HEAVILY into playing elements, and especially spamming reactions like vaporize and melt. Anemo is also good. Otherwise, they take a while to kill.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The ruin guards are super resistant to physical damage, they push you HEAVILY into playing elements, and especially spamming reactions like vaporize and melt. Anemo is also good. Otherwise, they take a while to kill.
That’s good to know. I went with a burst boosting setup for the energy amplifier on my last run so I guess that inadvertently helped a little.

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
Artifact farming is the worst, but seeing your decked out DPS burn through a weekly boss is... Well, not really worth it but it's something lol

It takes so much time to get to 45 and there’s very little space to improve my team other than artifacts domains right now. I’m basically just pre-farming for the weekly reset and AR50, which is deeply unsatisfying. At least this event has some new stuff to do every other day.[UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][/UWSL]

Make sure to hunt down those treasure chests and side quests. Every bit of adventure exp counts.

The grind to AR 55 for the guaranteed world boss artifact drop is especially terrible, I gotta say. You have that to look forward to next if you need gladiator or wanderers sets.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Just unlocked the first addtional area on my teapot beach, is pretty big, when all 4 areas are unlocked shit gonna be massive.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Artifact farming is the worst, but seeing your decked out DPS burn through a weekly boss is... Well, not really worth it but it's something lol

Make sure to hunt down those treasure chests and side quests. Every bit of adventure exp counts.

The grind to AR 55 for the guaranteed world boss artifact drop is especially terrible, I gotta say. You have that to look forward to next if you need gladiator or wanderers sets.
I’m at 90-100% completion for pretty much all areas, so I’m really scraping the bottom of the barrel on that front. I hope we’ll get a new area sooner than later because finding all the secrets and chests and whatnot has been my favorite part of the game.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
1.6 has something new to explore, apparently.

By now we should have probably gotten the Chasm, but that has apparently been delayed to who knows when cause they haven't managed to balance Dendro and the Chasm is deeply tied to that.

Game's absolutely at its best when there's something to explore, we can only hope they get there content pipeline/schedule in order soon, cause the current pace is rough.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
And so it begins.
1.6 will apparently introduce the first character skins.
Barbara (free) and Jean (no idea)

These seem... shockingly tasteful for summer skins in a gacha game, huh. Really like them.
Not like I have Jean though.

Also, wasn't mentioned here yet: 1.6 banners will be a Klee re-run and Kazuha (new 5* Anemo sword)

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
They're pretty alright all things considered. My main hope would be costumes that smooth over some of my underlying issues with characters' designs. I like that the guys' designs are pretty varied and mostly in line with their theme or at least don't clash all that much, but I can't say the same about the women. A bit much to expect from "tech otakus" perhaps but fingers crossed.

Also high on my wishlist: switching MC! I don’t want to put money into the gacha mechanic, but I would pay for that. I’m sure they’d rather I set up a new account, but I am definitely not doing that.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018

And as a funny coincidence I got a 5* weapon from the Fate I got as a reward. :grimacing-face:

On the one hand, this doesn't seem to be too great and I'd rather get Mona...

But on the other hand it was like 20 pulls before soft pity (somehow all of my standard banner 5* are way before soft pity, but all of my limited pulls are within soft pity...) and since I'm never going to pull on the weapon banner, this is my only source of 5* weapons, so I can't really complain.

At the very least it should be an amazing stat stick for Bennet's Burst buff. Might be great on a fast/multi hitting sword user with ER demand as well.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I’d love that on Benny, yeah. Better base attack scaling than my 4* and ER? Very nice. I got a 5* weapon from the standard banner recently, but I don’t have a character built for to use it.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah, good sword for supports, but doesn't have much of a place right now with all the good alternatives.
Maybe Kazuha or Ayaka will have a need for the great stats and the energy recharge, as the sword DPS characters right now don't need both.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I saved Zhongli’s and Benny’s level up to 70 and ascensions for this week so I could get a start on that BP bonus for spending 500k mora. Then just the talent upgrade for just Zhongli’s shield got me all the way there… Pricy. Guess Bennett will have to wait.

That last twisted realm challenge is a real doozy. I couldn't keep up with the waves fast enough at hard and expert difficulties. Had to replay one of the earlier ones to get enough points to hit 15k.

Last edited:

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I am now addicted once again... Having gotten Zhongli and Keqing when the game first came out does make things a lot smoother.
Btw, this site is a very nice way to keep track of your wishes and pity.
Only going to miss some data from the beginning of the game for those of us who started out, since Mihoyo only keeps the history for 6 months, but there's going to an import if we kept track manually.

It looks pretty safe. There's no login or anything involved, it just uses a temporary key to access the wish history page.
Oh, interesting.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018

Welp, it's done. Out of free ascension wishes, so standard banner pulls are going to slow to a crawl :negative-blob:
Next up I'll be working on that Skyward Blade, finish up Zhonglis skills and artifact and then get some of my stronger and most used supports to 80/90 and finish their talents and artifact setup. First batch would be Xingqiu, Bennett and Venti probably.
I'll probably do Mora leylines for some time though to get back to a couple of millions, I'm almost broke again.

Involution

Aug 24, 2020

Anybody rolling hard/at all for this one?

I might just throw in a 10-roll and let the gacha gods decide what I get.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018

I was gonna, but than I decided to pull 1 time on the Zhongli banner to see if I would get c6 Noelle and got Zhongli instead, and now my pity is gone.

Reactions: Involution

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018

My ideal scenario was to get both her and Zhongli, but then I failed the 50/50 on Zhongli and decided to go for him after all. Still have enough primos for one more 5*, but it will be another 50/50 chance and after that I'd be broke.
So I'll put in 10 or 20 pulls and see if I get lucky (I've never been lucky on the limited banner though, so I don't expect anything) and then keep saving for Inazuma chars, Baal in particular cause it feels like Archons are a safe bet in terms of usefulness and story-relevancy (Eula is probably going to have the same issue as Hu Tao, where she comes out of thin air for her banner, gets 30 minutes of fame with a quests and vanishes into irrelevancy again afterwards, never to be seen again).

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Halfway to 45, when I can finally burn my 30 resin to get jack all on Crimson Witch artifacts! :dmcblob:

I'm out of primos and committed to not spending money for the gacha content, so I don't have much of a choice with Eula anyway. I'll also just try for the first guaranteed 4* and bail. Hopefully the 4* characters are good. In any case, I'll be happy not to accidentally get a 5th Noelle...

Also, I saw there's some new event coming up in the notifications? That's nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Involution

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Halfway to 45, when I can finally burn my 30 resin to get jack all on Crimson Witch artifacts! :dmcblob:

I'm out of primos and committed to not spending money for the gacha content, so I don't have much of a choice with Eula anyway. I'll also just try for the first guaranteed 4* and bail. Hopefully the 4* characters are good. In any case, I'll be happy not to accidentally get a 5th Noelle...

4* on Eula's banner are rumored to be Xinyan, Xingqiu and Beidou. Overall pretty good but terrible for me personally cause I already have Xingqiu and Beidou at C5 and don't really care about Xinyan.
Also one of the reasons why I ended up going for guaranteed Zhongli, his 4* offering was way better for me. :grimacing-face:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
4* on Eula's banner are rumored to be Xinyan, Xingqiu and Beidou. Overall pretty good but terrible for me personally cause I already have Xingqiu and Beidou at C5 and don't really care about Xinyan.
Also one of the reasons why I ended up going for guaranteed Zhongli, his 4* offering was way better for me. :grimacing-face:
Ooo. More XQ constellations would be nice.

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
I'm probably tempting fate by saying this but I wouldn't mind more XingQiu constellations. Might make me finally get serious about building him.

I think it's that stupid hide and seek event where you have to play with randoms to earn the prizes. I'm hesitant to do so considering all the security holes this game has. I have no idea how accounts are gonna get hacked next cause it seems like everything you do exposes your information.

I have 2 random friend requests that are suspicious AF just considering the above and I haven't accepted them yet, they're just in limbo lol.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I just got Zhongli and have nothing left, so it will be pure luck for me, but I'd like Eula, I have a WGS that has never seen the light of day.
Otherwise, Xingqiu and Beidou constellations I'm always fine with, and I don't have Xinyan, so yeah, for me it's just roll and be happy with whatever. That's a lot less stressful actually. :thinking-face:

More worried about the future banners, Kazuha and the pyro archer are pretty eh to me.
Jean is probably the one I want out of the 5*...