Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018

Developer : Guerrilla
Publisher: playstation mobile
Steam

[UWSL][UWSL]PC Exclusive Features [/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL]-Ultra-wide support [/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]-Unlocked Framerates [/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]-Dynamic Foliage (playstation version only had this when it was needed in tall grass, for pc dynamic foliage is everywhere)[/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]-Improved Reflections[/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]-16x Anistrophic Filtering[/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL] -Controller Mapping [/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]- Benchmarking tool [/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]A legend in the making [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

The story follows Aloy, an outcast of the Nora tribe. As an individual, Aloy is inquisitive, compassionate and brave. Strong and resourceful, she was raised by Rost, another outcast. She has a fascination with technology and embraces it, much to the dismay of Rost. Spurred by certain events in the game, Aloy sets out to discover her origins and the secrets of the past.
Horizon Zero Dawn takes place in the 31st century, in a post-apocalyptic world where colossal machines dominate the land.Human civilization has regressed to tribal societies of hunters and gatherers who survive in immense forests, imposing mountain ranges, and the atmospheric ruins of their ancestors – all while the machines become increasingly powerful. The player controls Aloy, a huntress who uses her speed, cunning, and agility to stay alive and protect her tribe against the force, size, and power of the machines.
Shunned by her tribe since birth, Aloy has never known a mother’s embrace or the acceptance of a community. Her only companion was Rost, the stern, impassive recluse who fostered her.
Rost taught Aloy to survive any physical hardship and to scorn comforts as weakness – but he couldn’t provide the answer to the questions which troubled her above all else: who her parents were, and why she was cast out.

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]1,000 years in the future… [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]
[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
As you travel you’ll discover different ecotopes, tribal settlements and Machine types, as well as the towering ruins of a forgotten era. Can you unlock the mysteries that link them together and discover the fate that befell mankind?
During your travels you will experience a full day/night cycle and dynamic weather conditions, ranging from sunny days to ominous rainstorms

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]A hunter at heart [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

The Focus is an artefact from the old world – a wearable computer and augmented reality system that you can use to:
  • Identify important quest-related items.
  • Pinpoint and highlight tracks or Machine patrol paths.
  • Inspect Machines, and display their individual components and elemental weaknesses.

You can craft most of the ammo and supplies you need from resources you discover in the world, or loot from downed enemies. Make sure you don’t enter a battle unprepared – craft traps, arrows and pouch upgrades on the go.
Most weapon types come in three variants – Nora, Carja, and Shadow Carja. These variants affect which types of ammo the weapon can fire, and the number of modification slots available.
Weapons can have up to three modification slots to improve their existing statistics, or add new ones. Modification items such as Weapon Coils can be found as loot, or purchased from merchants.

The many outfits available to buy can be used to protect Aloy against different sources of damage. Most outfits have light, medium and heavy variants, affecting the level of protection and the number of modification slots available – the latter of which can be used to improve existing stats, or even add new ones. Modifications items such as Outfit Weaves can be found as loot, or purchased from merchants.

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]The Machines [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

The world of Horizon Zero Dawn is inhabited by Machines of all shapes and sizes. Terrifyingly alien yet strikingly familiar, these mysterious automatons combine mechanical strength with organic features and an animalistic ferocity.

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL] Thunderjaw [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL] [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
The combat-class Thunderjaw is one of the deadliest Machines in Horizon Zero Dawn. A formidable beast equipped with cannons, disc launchers and a mouth laser, its powerful ranged attacks will quickly cut down any hunter foolish enough to alert it. Space permitting, it can also unleash with a devastating range of melee attacks such as charges and tail swipes.
[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL] [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Snapmaw [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

An acquisition-class Machine, the Snapmaw is frequently found basking in or near bodies of water, where it gathers valuable minerals from the sediment. It can move with surprising ferocity when alerted, lashing out with an array of melee attacks that include powerful lunge bites and tail swipes. For ranged attacks, it fires off cryo mortars that freeze the target on impact.

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL] Stormbird [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

Soaring through the sky at high altitude, the fearsome Stormbird is a combat-class machine that can swoop down and attack its prey with tremendous force. It’s just as dangerous on land as it is in the air, with a variety of swift and powerful attacks that range from wing blasts to claw slashes. Its enormous metal wings are also capable of collecting and discharging the electricity in the air.

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL] Behemoth [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

The Behemoth is a huge, rugged transport-class machine that uses anti-gravity technology to transfer precious cargo from smaller acquisition-class machines into its stomach container. When provoked, it may charge at the enemy or use its anti-gravity unit to hurl heavy objects. It is also equipped with a set of grinding drills that allow it to pulverise and propel rock projectiles.

Making use of ancient technologies, Aloy gains the ability to override the systems of certain Machines and turn them into powerful allies or gain valuable information. By exploring the world and completing Cauldrons, you’ll learn to override even more Machines.
But be careful – with the exception of the mountable Machines, the override effects are temporary. So make sure you use your new companions to maximum effect before the time runs out.

ive put the thread up few days early for something special planned

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Have the game on PS4, spent like 10 minutes in it, low FOV + low framerate made me want to hurl.
Really interested in the PC version though.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Have the game on PS4, spent like 10 minutes in it, low FOV + low framerate made me want to hurl.
Really interested in the PC version though.
Same here. Though I think I played for 3 hours and found the low framerates and FOV really prevent me from enjoying the combat.

Reactions: prudis

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
Great work on the OT Queen!
Looking forward to the game, even if I probably won't grab it until much later.

Reactions: ISee

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Gonna play the shit out of this in a week or so.

Reactions: ISee

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Amazing OT, Queen, I'm actually considering doing the 100% of this game so that map will come in handy to mark the already-done areas, seriously, I hate the moment when I dropped the game just arriving to Meridian but this is like the redemption time, the moment in which Mor finally beats the game :cat-heart-blob:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Was supposed to preorder with funding I was getting for uni but they keep putting it off so I dont think il'll be playing at launch but looking forward to when I have the chance. Bought it on PS4 back in like November 2017 and didn't even open it oops

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I played this on PC via PSNow, but had slower internet then and it wasnt very playable that way...still played it plenty and got pretty far. I always loved the game, but it wasnt so great to play with a controller, low FOV and of course a slow network. Really looking forward to the Steam release - already have it waiting in my library!

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Is there an economy of some kind in this game? How do you earn money/resources?

Last edited:

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
I didn't like playing the beginning section on PS4, but a lot of that had to do with FOV, the performance and dual stick. Decided to take the leap in and play again. Still got the 2hr window for a worst case, but feel sure I can find the game much more enjoyable with the flex to fix these issues.

Not played one of these character action games in a long while

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
FYI, I've written a port review article of this for IGN.
It should hopefully go online when the NDA is up at 14:01 CEST today, and I'll also try to answer any questions here then.
Amazing Durante, thanks for sharing, please feel free to post the IGN link here if you want too :cat-heart-blob:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
FYI, I've written a port review article of this for IGN.
It should hopefully go online when the NDA is up at 14:01 CEST today, and I'll also try to answer any questions here then.
Eager to read your impressions.

They seem to have put a lot of effort into it. Very few games even bother with an in-game benchmark. Decent list of settings, support for high FOV, unlocked framerate, HDR, ultrawide.

Features wise I'm already impressed.

Reactions: lashman

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I recommend turning off some hud elements once you get familiar with the game, especially the markers for plants you can collect, it really clutters the screen and distracts you from the game's fantastic visuals.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I recommend turning off some hud elements once you get familiar with the game, especially the markers for plants you can collect, it really clutters the screen and distracts you from the game's fantastic visuals.
Why not both? HUD off when you don't need it, on when you need it.

HZD's HUD customization is the gold standard, other devs should copy it.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Here it is:

Note when reading articles that people could have easily done one of the 5 or so easy but subtle things wrong which can heavily impact your performance.
What an amazing first effort.

Shame about the bugged anisotropic filtering setting, can we force driver AF ?

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
The AF setting is supposed to be fixed by the day 0 patch (and I see little reason to doubt that, should be an easy fix).
In any case I hope forcing through the driver will work. We've seen cases where in-game AF was insufficient.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Here it is:

Note when reading articles that people could have easily done one of the 5 or so easy but subtle things wrong which can heavily impact your performance.
Amazing review, well done :).

In particular, nice spotting the PCI bandwidth usage, as a game made for a specific kind of unified memory architecture, that one makes complete sense to see. The engine differences between this and DS are also quite intruguing.

Seems like a solid, well above-average port with standard PC options. Or at least what should be. I still disagree on the price but it's hard not to see the work put into it.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Welp..

I'll try tinkering with the settings within the 2 hour limit, if I can't reach 60fps then I'm refunding the game. Gonna rebuy it later after I upgraded my PC.