|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
HELP! I can not decide which console i should choose. :( PS5 or XBOX Series X.

Any pointers from console users?
Which console do you have more legacy games? (one or PS4) - choose that since you can continue playing on them.
Do you like console japanese niche (for western audience) games (fate, falcom games, games like the recent announced The Legend of Legacy HD Remastered, etc...) -> choose Swi... I mean PS5
You prefer Dualshock or XBOX controller? -> choose that
Do you like Bethesda and Activision games? -> choose XBOX
Do you enjoy to play on PC and your PC is good enough but still need a console? -> Choose PS5
Both consoles are similar on graphic terms, there're some multi games look better on Series X and some others on PS5 -there're more that look better on Series X-
Will you use GamePass? - Choose XBOX
I sold my Switch and Series X once keeping my PS5, but I've bought them again (I usually play more on PS5).

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
HELP! I can not decide which console i should choose. :( PS5 or XBOX Series X.

Any pointers from console users?
If you play on PC there is little reason to have a xbox. Yes sony games are also going to PC but at a drip feed pace and there's no pattern for what will show up so you can probably get some use out of a ps5. Also the games they moneyhat tend to be console exclusive for a while too (like FF).

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Which console do you have more legacy games? (one or PS4) - choose that since you can continue playing on them.
Do you like console japanese niche (for western audience) games (fate, falcom games, games like the recent announced The Legend of Legacy HD Remastered, etc...) -> choose Swi... I mean PS5
You prefer Dualshock or XBOX controller? -> choose that
Do you like Bethesda and Activision games? -> choose XBOX
Do you enjoy to play on PC and your PC is good enough but still need a console? -> Choose PS5
Both consoles are similar on graphic terms, there're some multi games look better on Series X and some others on PS5 -there're more that look better on Series X-
Will you use GamePass? - Choose XBOX
I sold my Switch and Series X once keeping my PS5, but I've bought them again (I usually play more on PS5).
My PC is crap. i5 6500 + GTX1070 and i refuse to buy a new PC or build a new one. Currently i have Gamepass Ultimate.

My gaming habits have also changed over the last years. I play more indie than "AAA" games. But even for newer indies my PC is not up-to-date. :(

I only owned a PS2 and have never bought another console after the PS2.

EDIT: Since i also like games from Bethesda, the natural choice would probably be an xbox, right?

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
My PC is crap. i5 6500 + GTX1070 and i refuse to buy a new PC or build a new one. Currently i have Gamepass Ultimate.

My gaming habits have also changed over the last years. I play more indie than "AAA" games. But even for newer indies my PC is not up-to-date. :(

I only owned a PS2 and have never bought another console after the PS2.

EDIT: Since i also like games from Bethesda, the natural choice would probably be an xbox, right?
Yep, seems your better option is XBOX.
Other than that imo XBOX is not the better option for indies but it's for the people who wants western-oriented PC-esque games, it's pretty well balanced and if you have GamePass Ultimate is a must. It's a great console, you won't regret.
(And there're some very nice exclusives from Original XBOX and 360, like Conker, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon or Inifine Undiscovery you can play on Series).

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
To add to what other people said, it seems you already have Game Pass Ultimate. If you're not really into their first-party games, then I don't think it's worth getting PS5. You won't have many necessary features like cloud saves or online multiplayer without paying ANOTHER subscription which coincidentally had a price hike recently. Also, another little thing that may not be important to you but is worth noting, is that PS5 isn't all that quiet. It will be quiet in nondemanding games, but in games like Horizon Forbidden West my console sounded like it was making loud scratching noises, but it's just how it sounds under load. Xbox Series X for example is whisper-quiet in all scenarios. It's really impressively built. And one more personal thing - I dislike the PS5 looks. It's just a really ugly console, there is no other way to put it. I hate it and I hate how they continue to make a line of accessories to go along with this look. I have a PS5 and I think I made a mistake. I played a few Sony games, but for the rest of the year, it just collected dust and my subscription expired. I don't really like the controller and I had constant issues with the console, like it would reboot when I wanted to wake it up from sleep.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Huh, I didn't know Ultima Underworld was on PlayStation. Apparently Japanese exclusive but it now has an English patch. I wonder if it's neater/easier to play than the PC game if they crammed it all on a gamepad. Or if it's just shit/buggy/whatever. It looks pretty nice and smooth even with the eh new 3D models.
Different cinematics
Creature models are in 3D
Anime portraits
Full screen 3D display
Control scheme for console controller
No typing, all spells, mantras, replies can be selected by a menu
Maybe this is the way to finally play through it instead of waiting for those Unity or whatever engine fan imports/remasters/whatever to get good/finalized.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
So I grabbed the Nitro Deck for my Switch OLED. It's a very nice controller - my one main criticism is the position of the right analogue stick, but I think I can deal with it.

It's a much more comfortable way to play Switch in handheld mode, for sure. Makes me actually want to use the damned thing!

Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Yeah, I’m sick of leakers teasing this.

Shit or get off the can.

You can’t gain clout on vague shit like this until Nintendo reveals something or you actually leak it.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I don't think the Switch 2 will be revealed until early next year as Nintendo doesn't want to cannibalize their holiday sales. The original Switch was revealed in October 2016, but the Wii U was already dead and buried at that point so they didn't have much to lose. January reveal and spring launch doesn't sound too unreasonable.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm scared. Gaming outlets can't be bothered to do their job and there is no review for Front Mission 2 Remake on Switch.
Meanwhile some user reviews are horrible.

Don't fucking botch this remake, please.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I'm scared. Gaming outlets can't be bothered to do their job and there is no review for Front Mission 2 Remake on Switch.
Meanwhile some user reviews are horrible.

Don't fucking botch this remake, please.
I can be patient with reviews, but tbh it's odd how there are so many games that get released without professional reviews, or wait weeks for one -- and only have a few influencer videos or streams.

I don't blame em because the entire market has fallen apart and is never coming back, but it's crazy compared to the old days.

Reactions: Li Kao

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
The digital looks better than the original one. The disc version looks worse.

If it wasn't already, it's clear at this point that they're designing PS5 around the digital SKU.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
lol so they made a slim version of the digital and bumped the price???

That has never happened b4 in any generation. Its 3 years in now they are supposed to reduce price by 100$ not increase wtf.

I remember 2 years after the PS3 came out the price was already reduced by 100$ and there was MGS4 + additional controller bundled with that price.

I bought the PS4 slim SpiderMan bundle in 2018 for 200$ like come on man. No chance we see anything like that with the PS5.

This really is one of the worst and most overpriced console gens.

The Pro is gonna be at least 600$ for sure now :negative-blob: Also the Switch 2 is definitely gonna be over $400. And with a new game + wtvr stupid accessory Nintendo thinks up you are looking at 500$.

• This!
Reactions: Arc

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
lol so they made a slim version of the digital and bumped the price???

That has never happened b4 in any generation. Its 3 years in now they are supposed to reduce price by 100$ not increase wtf.

I remember 2 years after the PS3 came out the price was already reduced by 100$ and there was MGS4 + additional controller bundled with that price.

I bought the PS4 slim SpiderMan bundle in 2018 for 200$ like come on man. No chance we see anything like that with the PS5.

This really is one of the worst and most overpriced console gens.

The Pro is gonna be at least 600$ for sure now :negative-blob: Also the Switch 2 is definitely gonna be over $400. And with a new game + wtvr stupid accessory Nintendo thinks up you are looking at 500$.
Unfortunately nintendo and sony learned that they don't have to lower prices to sell 100m+ systems. The days of the $99 console late in its life is looong over.

Meanwhile MS puts the S on sale for $200 during the busiest shopping time of the year and still no one wants it lol.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I just realized that after I finished 13 Sentinels on my PS5 and my Switch Online sub lapsed, there isn't much to do on my consoles atm and Spidey 2 is not interesting enough to get day 1.

On PS5 I only have Demon's Souls (still waiting on the PC version), FFXVI (waiting on PC version) and Dreams installed.

On Xbox One X I only have some old backwards compatible games installed (don't have a Series X as I don't need it).

On Switch I have some games installed, but none that I play actively (Smash, Splatoon 3, MK8D, MHGU, Cadence of Hyrule).

So they are all just dusting down.

I am planning on buying a Switch 2, but not sure if it will be day 1. I've only ever had 1 Switch and it's the one I bought around 1-2 months and the Switch launched in 2017. Nowadays my Switch sounds like a plane taking off, so it is ready to be replaced, but Im not in any hurry.

Im also not subbed to anything on any console, so that feels good.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I still have to check out 13 sentinels, I saw it was on PS+ and I'm subscribed to that till mid next year.

Otherwise I am trying to finish Miles Morales before next week (will probably just do story and leave the collectathon side things alone).
Will pick up Spiderman 2 but i am not exited at all, as I was one that gave the first 6-7/10.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
ps5 - ps5 slim comparison
That’s a major improvement for the digital.

I think the PS5 was big, but tolerable (just about).

Given they’ve been able to shrink it so much, what I’d have preferred is if they’d kept the size of the OG digital and put the disc drive in line with the system rather than it being kind of appended on to the side. Could make it slot in, slot out so they keep their simplified manufacturing.

But as I’m digital only, that digital only PS5 is quite a sleek system.

Reactions: LRB1983

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Thanks for alle the input about buying a XBOX Series X or a PS5 (disc version). I have bought a PS5 + PS Plus Premium.
Now i have some questions.

1. Where i can buy online cheap PS5 games?
2. If i buy a game on Bluray can i install the game or download the data or do i have to play the game from the Bluray disc?

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
2. If i buy a game on Bluray can i install the game or download the data or do i have to play the game from the Bluray disc?
1) I don't think you can, maybe some shady sites
2) You need the disc

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Thanks for alle the input about buying a XBOX Series X or a PS5 (disc version). I have bought a PS5 + PS Plus Premium.
Now i have some questions.

For #1 you can't, sony stopped providing online codes years ago. Ironically I use ms rewards to buy psn cards from places like amazon to make the games cheaper lol.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
1.- follow wario64 on X to get some nice deals from all platforms I suppose you mean disc. If you mean digital games, Sony decided to stop selling digital game codes years ago. I usually buy PSN Gift cards from stores like cdkeys, instant-gaming, eneba, gamivo, G2A, Kinguin, etc... and applying discount codes from key search sites, this way you can get your digital games 10-20% cheaper (they're already cheaper than the wallet money card you're buying for).
You can play with those discounted cards, let's say you need 50$/€. Many times you can combine the deals from cards to get them cheaper. f.e. many times is cheaper to buy two 20$ and two 5$ psn gift card than just one by 50$. This way you can save money. Take a look on that too.
2.- You will need the game disc to play them (this happens on any console, XBOX or Switch -with cartridge- games).

Last edited:
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I've only completed the first 2 levels of Mario Wonder and goddamn this game is so good. Definetly gonna be on my GOTY list. Was planning on playing it on my Steam Deck at first, but the game looks so good on a bigger screen that Im playing it on my PC instead.

I also find it hilarious how much better Ryujinx at playtime tracking. I don't understand why Switch doesn't have the 3DS activity log, it was so good. The "30 hours or more" on Switch is so bad. If the Switch had free cloud saves and a more accurate playtime tracker I would have bought the game for my Switch.

Last edited:

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
didn't know if there was a better place to ask, but any of you folks got suggestions on what joysticks to get to replace the joycons joysticks?

Reactions: lashman

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Just done the 100% -global progress-. ^^.

looking at those Flame sect chapters and how it ends, I suppose Carnage will be a future DLC

Last edited:

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
I'm bit more active on the PlayStation. Would love to have more MC guys around.

Feel free to add me : MegaApple18

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
The (superior) Saturn version of Silhouette Mirage has been fan translated. The effort's had many releases recently but finally is fully playable start to finish now.
I think I read somewhere the goal is to eventually re-translate the game faithfully to its Japanese version, for now it's using the PS port's Working Designs script.

Reactions: lashman

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
I think I read somewhere the goal is to eventually re-translate the game faithfully to its Japanese version, for now it's using the PS port's Working Designs script.
Were there any major differences?

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
After managed to get a Series X version of Robocop I can say it's far superior than the PS5. As I said on steam thread I'm not talking about resolution or fps, at least this version doesn't suffer from graphic glitches or that constant annoying effect when textures, explosion or light effects take that notizable microsencond to load. Really I hope it gets a patch at some point, and I'm quite surprised -well really I'm not XD- reviewers said nothing about this.

Reactions: Cacher

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
After Sega Saturn MGS we get a Dreamcast MGS2 tech demo. Fun stuff but I think at this point it's patreon subscriber clout for the creator (who is using other people's engines to make these tech demos and will of course never be able to fully recreate complex games from AAA teams of their era).

At least it shows it's just polygons & textures etc., Dreamcast largely missed out on matured/AAA techniques, you can't be so harsh with Virtua Fighter 3 as a pioneering 1996 arcade game pushing (and wasting) tons of polygons vs Soulcalibur which uses way less with better art (then DOA2 does both).

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I fared slightly better, but still a pretty mediocre year for Playstation.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

It looks so good. Dunno if I can squeeze it in between Rebirth and Dragon's Dogma 2, but I might try.

My Switch year in review is about what you'd expect.

Reactions: xinek

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
My Switch's battery has started bulging. It makes sense as it's nearly 7 years old and those things happen around this time. I hope Nintendo releases the successor before it goes kaput.

Also Unicorn Overlord has a 16 bit soundtrack option that sounds amazing. It sucks there's no PC release but I'm still getting it day one.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Good metaphor, I would steal it but it must be awfully difficult to use.
Meaningful stare : ’My, uh, Switch’s battery, it has started bulging’. Wink, wink.

• Toucan
Reactions: Arc
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Total hours on PS5 was just shy of 1000. I had a down year this year due to all the health issues I dealt with didn't play nearly as many games as I wanted to across all my platforms. Only 13 platinums this year too :negative-blob:
Im always impressed when people manage to play first person shooters (CP2077 in this case) on a console.

• Toucan
Reactions: xinek