Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Just a tiny bit late this time. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Here's our August update! I'll get all of these added to our list tomorrow during my lunch break.

• Added Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout to the OP and our multigenre list
  • Added Phantasy Star Online 2 to the OP to celebrate its Steam release
  • Added Risk of Rain 2 to the OP to celebrate its 1.0 release
  • Added Wasteland 3 to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Hellpoint to the OP and our co-op list given that it was such a late July release
  • Added Battletoads to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Remnant: From the Ashes - Subject 2923 to the OP
  • Added Popup Dungeon to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Madden NFL 21 to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added PGA Tour 2K21 to the OP and our competitive list

That's quite the list! And I'm sure there's a few I missed and can only imagine another will sneak out before the month ends.

Looking forward to playing some more Fall Guys with folks and getting back into RoR2 and PSO2.. and then making my wallet weep when I buy the rest of them. :LOL:

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I get the feeling we'll be seeing more folks interested in trying out Apex once it finally hits Steam. I know of a few folks that are pretty excited to play it again once it does.

The good news is that we shouldn't have too much longer to wait for that to happen. I'm not putting too much stock into the mid September rumors quite yet but I do suspect it could be no later than early October.

And in any event, all I can say is I'm looking forward to playing more of it. All shall feel the wrath of the co-op crew! :dmcblob:

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
It's that time again! The month where I get a year older! ..wait :neutral-face: :crying-face:

While true, it's actually September update time!

The first big change is that everything has turned purple in here. I figured it was time to change things up a little and go with a different color scheme and sure, I might be a little biased.. purple is one of my favorite colors after all. Which again I'll point back to the first sentence and say it's almost my birthday, so there! I'm sure the person, and one of our fellow co-op members I might add, whose birthday is the day before mine will back me up on this matter. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

• Changed the cover, image and banners for the thread and OP
  • Added Marvel's Avengers to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Unrailed! to the OP to celebrate its 1.0 release
  • Added Serious Sam 4 to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Baldur's Gate 3 to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Spelunky 2 to the OP and our co-op list

Now I'll admit I'm totally guessing with Spelunky 2. It's very likely the PC release slips to October but I'm going to keep hoping it releases sometime this month. And hey, for something like Spelunky it's not going to hurt if it shows up on two different thread updates!

I'll be updating the screenshots soon and again, don't be afraid to submit your own.

Also I'm still trying to work out a new structure for our events so they can make a comeback. There's a few things I have in mind and it's a matter of trying to figure out how to work them into my schedule without too much trouble.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I'm sure it's been posted a billion times already but my hope wins again! :blobcheer:

Spelunky 2 will be hitting PC on September 29!

Oh no.. my poor wallet. I can't keep trying to justify everything as being a bday gift for myself! Or can I? :thinking-blob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Yes you can, fool! Excited to play Spelunky 2 with you, Blin...Doctor Blin...
Oh my sweet sweet friend dummmyy. It breaks my heart every time I have to tell you they took my medical license.. my totally not written in crayon on the back of a Denny's place mat license. :disappointed-face:

However that Spelunky part, heck yeah! Time to save some more pugs! :blobcheer:

Also thanks for the reminder about switching up my tag!

Edit: I should mention for folks that might be curious, the doctor stuff is an inside joke from when my username used to be all lowercase and it was misread. The joke has been expanded upon and gone in so many different directions since.

Last edited:

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
Somehow missed this post despite it being stickied.

Always on the look out for multiplayer/coop buddies. I;ve been thinking of picking up Among Us and giving that a spin. Will see how many folks I know are interested and figure something out.

Star Wars Squadrons is out Tomorrow though. So send a nudge if you have availability tomorrow anytime 4pm BST to 1am BST

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Apologies for being absent again! Glad to see folks popping in here! :blobhug:

I'll have the October update up later tonight and if you're ever interested in joining the co-op Discord server just let us know and we'll be more than happy to send you an invite Nzyme!

• Hug
Reactions: dummmyy and lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Time for the October update! [UWSL]:highfiveblob:[/UWSL]

• Kept Baldur's Gate 3 in the OP
  • Added Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition to the OP and our multigenre list
  • Added Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! to the OP to celebrate its 1.0 release
  • Added The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Aquanox Deep Decent to the OP and our multigenre list
  • Added The Survivalists to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Torchlight III to the OP to celebrate it's 1.0 release this month
  • Added Transformers Battlegrounds to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added DwarfHeim to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added 9 Monkeys of Shaolin to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Cake Bash to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added Phasmophobia to the OP and our co-op list
  • Swapped one screenshot for a new one and I'll change out the other soon

And finally it's time to discuss our events! While I still don't have a set date for when they might return I do want to ask what everyone thinks about moving them to Saturdays and possibly earlier in the day? That would also mean we might have to set a time frame since I do still have to work on Saturdays but I'm also able to take a longer lunch break so I figure something like two hours should work well.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Lots of new hype multiplayer games that our events have yet to play, nice !

Other than that, nothing that important to say. Saturday is cool, earlier is cool, but other set ups are cool too, I don't want to hinder things too much.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Though, in the interest of precision, several new multiplayer games seem to work better with voice.
This is me right now

• Toucan
Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
There's one coming next year that I'm really looking forward to that is going to have the same problem.

I adored the demo and it's one that has a lot of potential but it's also one that unless they make any changes between now and release it's going to require voice chat with how quickly you need to solve puzzles and describe symbols.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
If there's folks that are fans of the Cook, Serve, Delicious games you owe it to yourselves to check out 3, especially with a buddy if possible. Echoes and I had an absolute blast playing 2 together and 3 looks to continue that trend.

The intro was a pleasant surprise. It's goofy and the voice acting is great. And the game itself makes several quality of life changes right out of the gate that are so smart and helpful.

I fully expect it will become a brain melting experience much like the previous two and that Echoes and myself have plenty of challenges ahead of us which all I can say to that is.. bring it on! We're ready to face whatever is thrown at us!

Also yes, I've already informed him that our food truck will be a mess by the time I'm done decorating it.. or I guess warned would be more accurate :thinking-blob:

And while I don't know how often he checks out Meta and it might seem a little strange coming from someone who is still relatively new I'm going to follow Echoes' advice and give a shout out to chubigans. Thank you for the work you've done on the series. As mentioned it's been such a great time with my buddy and we were counting down the days until 3's 1.0 release. Even from our brief session today we could tell that it's going to deliver and serve up more fun.

Pun absolutely intended. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

chubigans

MetaMember
Mar 1, 2019
If there's folks that are fans of the Cook, Serve, Delicious games you owe it to yourselves to check out 3, especially with a buddy if possible. Echoes and I had an absolute blast playing 2 together and 3 looks to continue that trend.

The intro was a pleasant surprise. It's goofy and the voice acting is great. And the game itself makes several quality of life changes right out of the gate that are so smart and helpful.

I fully expect it will become a brain melting experience much like the previous two and that Echoes and myself have plenty of challenges ahead of us which all I can say to that is.. bring it on! We're ready to face whatever is thrown at us!

Also yes, I've already informed him that our food truck will be a mess by the time I'm done decorating it.. or I guess warned would be more accurate :thinking-blob:

And while I don't know how often he checks out Meta and it might seem a little strange coming from someone who is still relatively new I'm going to follow Echoes' advice and give a shout out to chubigans. Thank you for the work you've done on the series. As mentioned it's been such a great time with my buddy and we were counting down the days until 3's 1.0 release. Even from our brief session today we could tell that it's going to deliver and serve up more fun.

Pun absolutely intended. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it! Launch is always chaotic but stories like these really make my day. :D

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Steam Tabletop Fest is here !
We should do something, organize 'Meta actually playing games fest' to go with it !

If I wasn't chronically broke, I would even do a raffle or something (and yes, I lament having been too broke last month for BlindRhythm birthday)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Steam Tabletop Fest is here !
We should do something, organize 'Meta actually playing games fest' to go with it !

If I wasn't chronically broke, I would even do a raffle or something (and yes, I lament having been too broke last month for BlindRhythm birthday)
That's a good idea! I've got some more free time these days and would be up for getting something going during one of my lunch breaks. :highfiveblob:

And no worries at all about my birthday! You're my friend and knowing you're there anytime I need to talk is a great enough gift itself. It doesn't bother me one bit if a gift costs nothing, a little or a lot, it's knowing that thought and care went into whatever it is that matters the most. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
November update with some bonus news!

• Removed the screenshot section from the OP
  • Added Apex Legends to the OP to celebrate its Steam release
  • Added Destiny 2: Beyond Light to the OP
  • Added Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered to the OP
  • Added Fuser to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Call of Duty Cold War to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added World of Warcraft Shadowlands to the OP

The other bit of news is that I'll be taking part in a charity stream on November 13 to try to raise money for children's hospitals. I'm not much of a streamer but I'm going to try my best. Everyone is welcome to stop by even if you're not able to donate. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
BlindRhythm NarohDethan

Im on the co op discord

rn
I'm so sorry! I was playing with a friend and then went to get dinner.

I'm usually free for a while around 8 or 9pm EST and I'd be up for getting some more rounds of Apex in occasionally if you have time. Also I'm not sure if we're Steam friends yet but you're welcome to add me any time if you'd like. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

• Love
Reactions: lashman

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
I'm so sorry! I was playing with a friend and then went to get dinner.

I'm usually free for a while around 8 or 9pm EST and I'd be up for getting some more rounds of Apex in occasionally if you have time. Also I'm not sure if we're Steam friends yet but you're welcome to add me any time if you'd like. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I think I have you as a friend

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
December update! :highfiveblob:
  • Added Worms Rumble to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added Tinkertown to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Shakes on a Plane to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Haven to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Override 2: Super Mech League to the OP and our co-op list

I will also be working to make the thread a little more festive for the holidays. In addition to that I'm hoping to have an event either the 18th or 19th. Obviously I can't promise anything now but that's the current plan.

With how long it's been since we've had a co-op event I'm worried that the interest won't be there and I take full responsibility for that. I would try to explain the absence of both the events and in some ways, myself, but some of it is personal and ultimately most would sound like an excuse which isn't fair and I should have done better.

Either way, I"m looking forward to what the month brings and being able to share that with some good friends. I hope that everyone will have a wonderful holiday season. Hopefully spent with friends and family, whether in person or afar. It's been a rough year for many and the holidays make for the perfect time to remind ourselves and tell those we hold dear just how much they enrich our lives. :photoblobheart:

Like for me I've realized how much I'm made better by my friends. I won't list everyone here, they know who they are and I'll make sure to send them personalized messages later, but you all give me strength when sometimes I don't have any of my own. The days when my depression is hitting me hard or the times I feel that you all deserve better than me.. you stick by me. I don't think I'll ever understand why but I also realize that's okay, that's just what friends are for. I only hope that I'm able to give the same in return.

Each of you mean so so much to me and we've got more fun and great memories to make ahead of us!

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
During this week I'll be putting the finishing touches on a thread update to bring some holiday spirit so be on the lookout for that.

Also I still can't guarantee an event will happen but what I will say is that if anyone would like to you're more than welcome to send me a message to play something any time if you see I'm free. You all know I'm always happy to help out or share some fun and laughs.

And finally, I think I've found my permanent username. Latent was fine but didn't sound great as a name. With Innate folks can just shorten it to Nate, which again.. Hi! I'm Nate! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Dammit, you pre-empted my "Hello, Nate!" joke.
You must have a terrible sense of humour, like me :)
Haha I can totally appreciate a bad pun or joke. Like I mentioned in the screenshot thread not too long ago I almost made a terrible control joke each time I shared screenshots of Control. Something along the lines of, "These screenshots are getting out of Control!" :LOL:

Though in this case it's also the truth.
Revealed content
My name actually is Nathan so most folks just call me Nate.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Like your new name InnateRhythm !:D

Anyone play online on xbox? I keep saying in this thread that I want to play with you all but I never do haha. I know I love multiplayer but I think I'm just too comfortable in my asocial bubble haha.
Thanks! Glad to see you stop by the thread again too. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

And sadly I don't but I know a couple of folks that do so hopefully they'll pop in the thread at some point.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
January update time. Only slightly late again. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
  • Added Adventure Bit to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Skellboy Refractured to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added D-Corp to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Sword of the Necromancer to the OP and our co-op list
I'll be switching the cover and banners back to our usual ones sometime in the next few days but for now we'll keep our festive look. I cannot thank Francis enough for continuing to do amazing work on them each time. :blobhug:

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The last time I suggested it I was the first to not follow up on it, so it's worth what it's worth, but we maybe could play more digital boardgames.
What do you think, people ?

There are new ones on the regular, but that being said, even if we ignore bad ports, the Steam tax is real in this genre :thinking-blob:

DriftedPlanet

Ash, I think something was in those sandwiches
Oct 27, 2018
The last time I suggested it I was the first to not follow up on it, so it's worth what it's worth, but we maybe could play more digital boardgames.

There are new ones on the regular, but that being said, even if we ignore bad ports, the Steam tax is real in this genre :thinking-blob:
Board games sound fun to me as well.

True that there are a bunch that are a bit pricey on Steam but one option, for those games not on Steam, would be Tabletop Simulator. Their Steam Workshop has a pretty wide selection so I think that would be a fairly flexible place to start. Maybe with some Arkham Horror or Betrayal at House on the Hill.

In terms of easy ones to commit to, 100% Orange Juice is (at least when set to very fast game speed) a quick pickup-and-play option.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019

I would absolutely be up for playing some boardgames with everyone. It's a great suggestion! :photoblobheart:

And as DriftedPlanet said, Tabletop Sim would be a perfect one for exactly that.

The official games that have released on Steam would be great too! And I'd also like to recommend the Jackbox games, they're not quite boardgames but some come pretty close.

I'll see about shuffling some things around on our co-op list and adding a boardgames tab.. though I wouldn't be surprised that when I check it I discover I had already done so at some point during the period where I wasn't getting much sleep. :LOL:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah I don't think YDKJ exactly fits what I'm looking for... but it's always super fun to play :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:
So count me in if a game of that is organized.

I just replayed 100% Orange Juice because I bounced hard on it the first time. First approach is horrible, tutorial is are you kidding me level of no I won't read 43 info bubbles. Then the AI or RNGesus were clearly against me and I lost, several times. Then I finally started to appreciate the game !
But after coming to the conclusion that the only way to even the odds is to have better cards, I came to the conclusion that...
  • The grind is delirious
  • The DLC cost is insane
  • It's not so bad for what it aims for, after all :cat-pizza-blob:

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
There's a co-op mode in 100% OJ that's pretty cool too and slightly changes some of the mechanics. There's different classes you can pick essentially that either allows you to assist your teammates by healing them or allowing them to draw an extra card. Or even a couple that allow you to do more damage.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I had noooo idea there is a coop mode ! Navigating the UI is... confusing :p

The quest for good digital boardgames is not a walk in the park. A looooot of adaptations are trashed in users' reviews. Dire Wolf seem to do a good job at it, but they don't offer a ton of games. Raiders of the North Sea / Sagrada / Root.
Then Asmodee seem hellbent on overwhelming the market with buggy mobile ports. The rest doesn't fare much better if we go by users' reviews.

I just found Terraforming Mars for 6 on a key reseller, not the most suspect, but still a key reseller. Tempting.

The hot thing these days seems to be Wingspan, and the demo was indeed great, but it's not exactly cheap for a card game.

Last edited:
  • Love
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
This might be worth looking into for some of you:
dummmyy You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this! ..Or you know, just check out Edward's post I suppose. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Seriously though, that's incredible timing! dummmyy and I had just been looking into roguelike/lite co-op games. Thank you so much for sharing that one!

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and dummmyy
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
To wrap back around to boardgames, there's a pretty good bundle on Humble for the next two weeks if any folks are interested. :highfiveblob:

• Gib
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao