Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Just posting to get access to the list
Yay! Always glad to see more folks stop by the thread even if it's to check out the list. It's updated at least once a month and I'm always happy to update it more often if folks have new suggestions. So if you ever happen to have any please feel free to share.

Which reminds me, I do need to get back to it soon and do some more work on the board games tab. And do my February update.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
February update!
  • Added Journey to the Savage Planet to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Valheim to the OP and our co-op list (also a quick thank you to the person who gifted me a copy! it was such a wonderful surprise! :photoblobheart:)
  • Added Nioh 2 to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Rogue Star Rescue to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Nominal to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Good Night, Knight to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added 30XX to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Voyage to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos to the OP and our co-op list
Also be on the lookout for some exciting news concerning our events. They're coming back folks and I'll have a better idea for a date for our next one to share with you all soon. :highfiveblob:

What I will say is we'll probably ease back into them with something simple. Like if our first one happens to be a board game night we'll keep it to easy to pick up games or ones that folks know pretty well. However I wouldn't mind also working out a day to have an official board game night in addition to our normal events but that's something we can figure out another time.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Okay.. so I might have just gone the easy route and went with what was basically my old username before I was BlindRhythm. It used to be positivelypudding but it was too long for most places. The sad part is it still took an embarrassing amount of time to figure out this time too. Two days. :crying-face:

In other news, I have a potential date for our event if it works for everyone! How does February 27 sound? It will be during my lunch break so at about 12pm EST. I'll happily do the conversion for folks if the date works. :highfiveblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Oh no! I never got the notification! :crying-face:

Posting here to get access
Glad to see you stop by the thread!

Also a quick reminder for everyone that our event for this Saturday is still on. It will be at 12pm EST or I believe 17:00 or so for our EU pals. I'll do a proper conversion later tonight and add a countdown timer to the OP.

I'm really looking forward to getting these started again. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

• Hug
  • Love
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Figured it might be better to add the timer here. I did edit the OP with the date and time as well.

And as always whether it's your first time joining or it had been some time since you last joined there's no need to worry at all. We play pretty much everything and skill level is never a concern. The most important thing is that we have fun. So don't be afraid to speak up if a certain game isn't one you enjoy.

See you all tomorrow! :highfiveblob:

• Hug
  • Love
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
March update! :highfiveblob:
  • Added Forza Horizon 4 to the OP to celebrate its Steam release
  • Added Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Overcooked! All You Can Eat to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Balan Wonderworld to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added It Takes Two to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Spacebase Startopia to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Bad Dudes (be sure to check out all of the Data East retro games!) to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Stronghold: Warlords to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Ethereal Estate to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Rangok Skies to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Magic Twins to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Ranch Simulator to the OP and our co-op list
Our next event will be March 27 at 12pm EST. Like last time I'll create a countdown timer as we get closer to that date. Also I'm still working on a board game night for us all. It might not happen this month but we'll hopefully get those started soon too!

And keep an eye on this thread when April rolls around, I might just have a little surprise planned. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Given that this thread is also meant to be a place to share some of our co-op experiences I figured why not finally share one of my own?

Within the past month I've reconnected with one of my brothers. We had always done the 'happy birthday' or 'Merry Christmas' thing each year but we hadn't really talked at length for.. oh probably 4 or 5 years. He texted me one night asking if I would be interested in playing some co-op with my nephew every once in a while since now that he's gotten older he's becoming more curious about our family and wanted to get to know his uncle Nate. Which still sounds so weird by the way! :LOL:

So over the past few weeks he's become my little co-op buddy for Sea of Thieves and Apex. It has been a lot of fun both playing together and getting to know him more. Plus it's been great watching him improve in both games each time we play. I suspect sooner rather than later he'll be carrying me in Apex.

My brother has also taken an interest in SoT so hopefully sometime soon the three of us will be sailing the seas together. :pirateblob:

All while my nephew gets drunk from the ship's keg and falls overboard.. again.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Apologies everyone but we might need to push the event back once more. Saturday really crept up on me fast this week and I've had some trouble sleeping the past two nights. Plus I didn't take into consideration that Sunday is Easter so folks might be taking Saturday to prepare some things for that.

So while we might need another delay, I will say that I should be around a little later in the day if anyone would like to get a small group together for something. Feel free to send me a message anytime if you see me on. :blobhug:

Also quick April update!
  • Added Outriders to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Potion Party to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Rogue Shift to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Tanuki Justice to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Golden Force to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Metal Tales: Overkill to the OP and our co-op list

And finally, that surprise I eluded to during last month's update, I will be doing another giveaway when my two year anniversary rolls around. Not sure it will be quite as big as last year's but we'll see! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Hopefully this is as Stupid, Dumb, OTT Fun as the other games and from the looks of it, quite possibly.

Earth Defense Force - World Brothers

Though players can save the world in the Earth Defense Force: World Brothers campaign solo with AI teammates, they can also enlist with friends in four-player online co-op play on each platform; however, the game does not support cross-platform play. Players can also look forward to playing offline with two-player split-screen on the PlayStation 4 system and four-player LAN co-op on the Nintendo Switch system, which requires players and their friends to each have their own Nintendo Switch and copy of Earth Defense Force: World Brothers.
Might be of interest to some of us here if the reviews turn out well.

edit:
No worries, PossiblyPudding ! I've missed a bunch of events due to my bad memory or things going on. People can wait or arrange something themselves while they wait. It's no big problem. Get some kip! I know what bad sleeping patterns are like, i've had the same problem recently.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Sorry for being slightly late but thankfully I remembered! The event for tomorrow is still on and here's a timer for folks to help keep track.

I had meant to post that yesterday but I was kind of a zombie in the latter half of the day. Finally managed to get my first vaccine shot. :blobcheer:

Thankfully the only side effects I had were that it made me really sleepy and my arm is a little sore.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Hey everyone! It's time to talk about how the co-op giveaway is going to go on April 24. :blobcheer:

To start I've created a countdown timer for the event that will also mark the deadline to enter if you'd like to.

To reiterate what I said in the giveaway thread you're not required to participate in the event nor should you feel pressured to join in future ones because you entered or happen to win. While I would like to see more folks hang out during our events I also don't want anyone to feel forced to do so.

So like we did in the giveaway thread itself just tag me and give a number starting with 1 if you would like to enter for the co-op game.

Good luck to everyone once again! And hopefully I'll see some of you during our event. :blobhug:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Congrats to Li Kao for winning the co-op giveaway!

Feel free to send me a PM when you can with the co-op game or games you would like. :cat-heart-blob:

We'll be starting our event shortly. I've got a few games in mind that I haven't tried out yet but seem like great ones for our crew. I'll see you all in our Steam and/or Discord chats as we get ready! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

• Hug
  • Love

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Congrats to Li Kao for winning the co-op giveaway!

Feel free to send me a PM when you can with the co-op game or games you would like. :cat-heart-blob:

We'll be starting our event shortly. I've got a few games in mind that I haven't tried out yet but seem like great ones for our crew. I'll see you all in our Steam and/or Discord chats as we get ready! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
woohoo ... congrats Li Kao! :photoblobheart:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I am annoyed ! First I didn't think I would be the only one participating, that's not the end of the world, my moral compass is not that picky :tightly-closed-eyes:
But I looked into it and didn't see a pure Co-Op game I'm interested in. There is also the fact that as a coop it would have to be agreeable to my best cat lover of a coop partner. And I also don't want to be a burden to your wallet PossiblyPudding
Honest. I'm super glad and thankful I won, but it annoys me to make you spend money :thinking-face:

I have to think about it :cat-heart-blob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I am annoyed ! First I didn't think I would be the only one participating, that's not the end of the world, my moral compass is not that picky :tightly-closed-eyes:
But I looked into it and didn't see a pure Co-Op game I'm interested in. There is also the fact that as a coop it would have to be agreeable to my best cat lover of a coop partner. And I also don't want to be a burden to your wallet PossiblyPudding
Honest. I'm super glad and thankful I won, but it annoys me to make you spend money :thinking-face:

I have to think about it :cat-heart-blob:
Oh it's no problem at all! Take your time. :blobhug:

I will say it doesn't have to be a co-op only game. You could go with something like Nioh 2 or Outriders for example if you'd like or even put it toward a preorder if there's a game coming that you're interested in.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Gotta respect the hustle I guess. I considered entering but ultimately didn’t because I never participate in the co-op corner itself because of how anxious I am about talking to anyone that isnt related to me :toucan:
Oh I can totally understand that! I know we have a couple other folks that feel similar.

I'm kind of the same way myself. Which might surprise some to hear that but I really don't do that well with large groups. Text chat I'm mostly fine if it's while playing something but outside of that or if it's voice chat involving four or more others then I usually stay somewhat silent unless asked a question. However my problem isn't so much tied to anxiety as it is to my low self esteem. I often feel that I'm the least interesting or intelligent in any given conversation but especially so when there's that many people.

But please don't let that ever stop you from entering one of these giveaways. It doesn't matter in the slightest how many times you've posted in the thread or the number of events you've joined. Everyone is welcome to take part. Also I should mention for others that might be curious, we rarely use voice chat for our events in case that might be off putting for some. Text chat is perfectly fine! :thumbsupblob:

And besides, you're someone I consider a friend. You always have a spot here. :blobhug:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Gotta respect the hustle I guess. I considered entering but ultimately didn’t because I never participate in the co-op corner itself because of how anxious I am about talking to anyone that isnt related to me :toucan:
I understand that fears or anxiety are often irrational, and whatever I say won't change yours, but you are in a friendly environment in Meta Co-Op. I'm very not socially at ease, and I suspect a number of people I played with here are not either. There is no risk involved in playing with us, except sometimes awkwardness because like I said people are more like you than you imagine.

By the way it's why I have always feared for Pudding whole co-op initiative. Gamers, here at least, are not very social, it's hard for them to chat with other people they don't know personally. The sad joke is that they are among people who share their fears.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I understand that fears or anxiety are often irrational, and whatever I say won't change yours, but you are in a friendly environment in Meta Co-Op. I'm very not socially at ease, and I suspect a number of people I played with here are not either. There is no risk involved in playing with us, except sometimes awkwardness because like I said people are more like you than you imagine.

By the way it's why I have always feared for Pudding whole co-op initiative. Gamers, here at least, are not very social, it's hard for them to chat with other people they don't know personally. The sad joke is that they are among people who share their fears.

Is probably 95% of us, but we're wondering who the weird kid is

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Is probably 95% of us, but we're wondering who the weird kid is
The kid is past us. Stuck in a never ending cycle of trying to defeat the backlog beast that continues to threaten the very planet! A beast that also turns out to be God or the physical embodiment of a feeling or something.

..I've played too many JRPGs, huh? :thinking-blob:

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I completely forgot about the event and the giveaway.

Will make sure to have this thread on watch.
[UWSL]👀[/UWSL]

[UWSL]What is the discord used for games? Not sure I saw it in the OP.[/UWSL]

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I completely forgot about the event and the giveaway.

Will make sure to have this thread on watch.
[UWSL]👀[/UWSL]

[UWSL]What is the discord used for games? Not sure I saw it in the OP.[/UWSL]
No worries at all! And it will be great seeing you around more often when you feel up to it!

For the Discord I usually just PM folks that are interested in joining so that there's not a permanent link floating around out there. I'll send you one in a sec. You're more than welcome to join if you'd like. :cat-heart-blob:

Also I'll have our May update done later tonight or tomorrow. I've been battling my depression a little lately in addition to my second vaccine dose hitting me slightly harder this time. Nothing serious, but I did spend about two days just sleeping.

I'm doing much better now and my reign of terror will commence once more! :smiling-face-with-horns:

Which just means more terrible puns, sarcasm and A LOT of cat pics and gifs.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
No worries at all! And it will be great seeing you around more often when you feel up to it!

For the Discord I usually just PM folks that are interested in joining so that there's not a permanent link floating around out there. I'll send you one in a sec. You're more than welcome to join if you'd like. :cat-heart-blob:

Also I'll have our May update done later tonight or tomorrow. I've been battling my depression a little lately in addition to my second vaccine dose hitting me slightly harder this time. Nothing serious, but I did spend about two days just sleeping.

I'm doing much better now and my reign of terror will commence once more! :smiling-face-with-horns:

Which just means more terrible puns, sarcasm and A LOT of cat pics and gifs.
Hope you feel better. Take all the time you need.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Time for that May update! :awwblob:

• Added Dawn of the Falkonir to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Almighty: Kill Your Gods to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Hood: Outlaws & Legends to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added Elite Dangerous: Odyssey to the OP
  • Added Techno Tanks to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Come With Me to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added SnowRunner to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Just Die Already to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Knockout City to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added Earth Defense Force: World Brothers to the OP and our co=op list

Now for some news. News that will require me to put my serious pants on!

We're going to take a brief break from our events and they'll return in June. I need to figure out what these events are going to become or even if they fit anymore. I can't deny that it's been a slight bummer seeing the events become stagnant. The last four we've had only one person show up for one of them. I stick by my desire for no one to ever feel forced and I take responsibility for how things have turned out. The long hiatus last year did no favors. There's several factors that played into that hiatus so I won't get into all of it. Folks that read my posts last year, late last year especially, probably have an idea. But with some better planning I could have possibly made things work to keep our events going and I'm sorry I didn't try.

So given that stagnation there was that moment of, should I end the events for good? Does the thread serve a purpose anymore? With the recent news about Giant Bomb some wise words have been spoken by some of them. We often only remember or see the negativity and skip over the positivity. And that's absolutely true. It's why I've been so hesitant to promote the thread and events more outside of the thread itself after some initial pushback I got a long time ago.

What I failed to realize is that some folks might want to join but need a little extra push sometimes or a little time. And by push I mean just having the info out there in more places. Only posting it here once or twice and then letting it be wasn't the greatest plan. Thanks to some recent advice from a good friend I'll be providing more updates regarding our events here, in the Steam thread and in a couple places on Discord.

This thread, our events and most importantly the folks that have shown up for almost two years now are something that brighten my day. And I need start being more proud of what I have done and what we have accomplished as a co-op community.

So what I'm saying is this thread and our events are here to stay. I'll still have my doubts I'm sure. I'm a flawed catman after all. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

But working together with you all I know we'll get back to where our events were eventually and possibly even better! We're working on plans to start having board game events once or twice a month. Which is thanks to Li Kao. I might be the mastermind of sorts behind the Co-op Corner itself but it was his dream to make something happen involving board games and I want to help him realize that the best I can. :blobhug:

Last edited:

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
I'm one of those who had intentions of joining co-op stuff and just haven't yet. My availability for weekends/evenings (USA) is unfortunately really inconsistent, so it's hard to plan anything or risk being that person who flakes out. I also feel weird about it, but that's dumb and 100% on me. It takes a LOT of mental energy to try and plan things, and I do appreciate that you're out there doing the work of trying to get people together. It is not easy. You'd think it would be easier online than IRL (also a chore), but it isn't. Anyway, thanks for caring about the community here and making these opportunities.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I'm one of those who had intentions of joining co-op stuff and just haven't yet. My availability for weekends/evenings (USA) is unfortunately really inconsistent, so it's hard to plan anything or risk being that person who flakes out. I also feel weird about it, but that's dumb and 100% on me.
Oh! No worries at all! Whenever you feel ready to join and when the time lines up you're always welcome.

Also please don't ever feel bad for not being able to make it to an event. Even if you show up for one and miss a few here or there for example. Things can change at any time and life likes to get in the way sometimes.

And thank you for the kind message by the way! It means a lot. :cat-heart-blob:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I'm one of those who had intentions of joining co-op stuff and just haven't yet. My availability for weekends/evenings (USA) is unfortunately really inconsistent, so it's hard to plan anything or risk being that person who flakes out. I also feel weird about it, but that's dumb and 100% on me. It takes a LOT of mental energy to try and plan things, and I do appreciate that you're out there doing the work of trying to get people together. It is not easy. You'd think it would be easier online than IRL (also a chore), but it isn't. Anyway, thanks for caring about the community here and making these opportunities.
Hit me up I live in Taiwan so if you miss others you may be able to do some with me.

• Hug
Reactions: xinek and lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
As June draws closer it's getting to be that time where we need to figure out how our events are going to work going forward.

I talked how I would like to do a board game event at least once a month with the help of Li Kao. So we'll first need to find a good day for it, I'm leaning June 11 or 25 with our normal event taking the place of the other date. I also think it would be good to start with Tabletop Sim since it will give us the best chance to find a game everyone is somewhat familiar with or is easy to learn but we'll discuss the game part of it as we get closer.

The trickiest part is going to be finding a time. We could go back to our old time if that works best for everyone or stick with something earlier in the day. Let me know what works best for you all. :cat-heart-blob:

Also a quick side note but if anyone is curious about Knockout City I could use a partner or two. I played a few rounds when the trial first released and would like to give it one more shot before it ends. I believe there's a day or two left before it does.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm sorry for not replying earlier PossiblyPudding ! I even procrastinate on replies, what has become of me :cryblob:

I have no preference for date or time, whatever is easier for you or other people. I suppose our old time was better, as it comes near 10pm in Europe, but again, it depends entirely on other players.
Tabletop Sim is a good option for the tremendous variety of games available, it would cost nothing to people (well, if they have TS). At the same time, we are not the best at choosing games to play, so just thinking about choosing a game on TS seems to be a journey into itself.

Man, my reply is useless, non committal as ever :thinking-face:

First things first, people, are you interested in a board game night ? Do I have to ping every member ? I can at least think about Gizmo
EdwardTivrusky presence would be lovely, too ! And everyone else really, don't resent me just naming two people ! I know Gizmo loves boardgames and TS and Edward has been too rare in our events.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I'm sorry for not replying earlier PossiblyPudding ! I even procrastinate on replies, what has become of me :cryblob:
Haha it's all good, my friend! No worries! :blobhug:

I can usually make most times work due to my schedule being flexible so hopefully we can find a time that works for all of our EU and eastern hemisphere folks.

You do bring up a good point with Tabletop Sim. It's one that offers near endless possibilities so we'll have to try narrowing down our options to a few games if we go that route. I could name so so many I want to try but most of them have long set up times I believe and seem a little complicated to start, so of course those would be the ones I'd pick first. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

I know we'll get this all sorted out and I know of at least one other person that would be happy to join us. Possibly even another if I can get a hold of them and they have time.

Oh and before I forget! A quick heads up for everyone that I'll be doing the June thread update later tonight or early tomorrow at the latest.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
June update! :lampblob:
  • Added Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood to the OP
  • Added Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Operation Tango to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Last Kids on Earth and the Staff of Doom to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Mighty Goose to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Phantasy Star Online 2 to the OP again to celebrate the upcoming release of New Genesis
  • Added Guilty Gear -Strive- to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added Lumberhill to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Wildermyth to the OP and our co-op list to celebrate its 1.0 release
  • Added Red Solstice 2: Survivors to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Legend of Mana to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Sun Haven to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol to the OP and our co-op list
Looks like we've got some big ones coming this month. A couple of which I've been looking forward to for quite a while. Operation Tango is one that has so much potential and I can't wait to give it a shot sometime.

Also don't forget that we have an event coming up next Friday folks! I'll have a countdown set up for us all soon. We still need to figure out if it will be our board game night or our usual event but we have plenty of days to talk about that. :blobhug: