Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Hey folks! Here's that countdown timer for this Friday.

Now we just need to figure out what Friday will be. I'll be mentioning the event in a couple new spots this time thanks to some good advice from a certain someone :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye: so we'll hopefully have some new folks this time.

Which has me wondering if this should be our usual event and we save the board game one for June 25. That way any newcomers get to see how the events work. Plus one worry I have is that with this one coinciding with E3 stuff is that our event will bump up against some of that coverage. Though I'm pretty sure most of it doesn't start until June 12. :thinking-blob:

But if everyone feels strongly about playing some board games this week then I'm all for it.

• Comfy
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I have nothing against delaying the Board Game Night, it doesn't seem to interest people that much and as you say, if there are new people, we can do a more traditional event :photoblobheart:

I really hope I think about this comes Friday ! I'm in a bad place and all my thoughts and anxiety are focused on my mother's second shot tomorrow.

• Hug
Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I have nothing against delaying the Board Game Night, it doesn't seem to interest people that much and as you say, if there are new people, we can do a more traditional event :photoblobheart:

I really hope I think about this comes Friday ! I'm in a bad place and all my thoughts and anxiety are focused on my mother's second shot tomorrow.
I hope you'll be able to make it too! You know I always enjoy playing with you and it's good seeing you during the events. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your mom only has mild side effects at worst but ideally just some arm soreness and fatigue like I had.

But if it does hit her a little harder I totally understand you wanting to be there for her, in fact I encourage it. Me and our co-op stuff will be here for a long time. So please take all of the time you need. She's far more important. :cat-heart-blob:

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
:blobeyes: I keep forgetting to check things here :surrenderblob:
Haha no worries! Glad to see you here! :blobhug:

It's been largely my fault for not promoting this stuff more but thanks to a little push from a good friend I intend to start doing just that. Also like I always tell folks, don't worry if you happen to miss an event or haven't joined one yet, folks are always welcome no matter how long it's been.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Fuu, our event returned with a vengeance ! PossiblyPudding dummmyy and the very missed FunktionJCB.
On the menu: Risk of Rain 2, Gunfire Reborn, then Deep Rock Galactic.

A really good moment. I struggle to think of something to say that would not feel too positive, because... everything was great.
Just annoyed, how will I be able to insert these three wonderful games in my gaming rotation. Upgrades won’t unlock themselves ! :sweaty-blob:

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
That event was tons of fun! Glad we finally got to play together Li Kao (I think we've played together before...maybe haha). I'm glad funktion was able to play, too! and of course ultimate thanks to PossiblyPudding for hosting the event. hoping we can get a few more next time, but the crew kicked ass today!!

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
too bad he hates me, though
no wonder he and i get along so famously...

jk lov u lash
Would Among Us be interesting to play in one event ? Never tried the game, just seems potentially fun with friends.
that does seem fun. I think I'm in the same boat as PossiblyPudding where I'm a terrible liar lmao would be interested in picking that up. Pudding and I were also talking about Phasmophobia for an event soon. I'll be sure to grab both during the sale!

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Fuu, our event returned with a vengeance ! PossiblyPudding dummmyy and the very missed FunktionJCB.
On the menu: Risk of Rain 2, Gunfire Reborn, then Deep Rock Galactic.

A really good moment. I struggle to think of something to say that would not feel too positive, because... everything was great.
Just annoyed, how will I be able to insert these three wonderful games in my gaming rotation. Upgrades won’t unlock themselves ! :sweaty-blob:
That event was tons of fun! Glad we finally got to play together Li Kao (I think we've played together before...maybe haha). I'm glad funktion was able to play, too! and of course ultimate thanks to PossiblyPudding for hosting the event. hoping we can get a few more next time, but the crew kicked ass today!!
Thank you both for the kind words and I'm glad everyone had a great time! I know I did. I really missed getting together with you all. :blobhug:

And Among Us looks like a great time and would be perfect for when we have larger groups too. Like dummmyy said, I'm a terrible liar, mostly because I feel horrible for lying even if it's something small or even as silly as in a game setting. But I'd still be up for trying it out! I'll just have to kill everyone before they get the chance to accuse me if I'm the imposter. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

he really does, though :( and i don't even know why :negative-blob:
I'm so sorry, lash.. I know that feeling. Recently a friend and I had a falling out too. Though in my case I do mostly understand why.

But don't lose hope. As you've told me in the past, as long as you both are still around there's always a chance you can repair the friendship. I know you two will be able to someday even if it takes a while. :photoblobheart:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Hey folks! Just a quick reminder that we'll be trying out our board game night this Friday!

I recently injured my leg and the pain comes and goes so there's a chance I'll have to take a break during the event but I'm going to do my best to make sure that things get started and go as smoothly as possible at the very least.

I'll get a countdown timer going later tonight for us and over the next couple days I'll take a peek at the Steam workshop for Tabletop Sim to get some ideas.

Be prepared to see some of the worst dice rolling luck you've ever seen! :LOL:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
get well soon! :blobhug:

Thanks lash! Going to try my best! :blobhug:

It's been tough with a job that's all about physical labor but I'm trying to be smart about it and do stuff that allows me to sit or where I don't have to move too much. And try not to lift anything too heavy of course.

I will however admit that this happened when I was exercising a few nights ago.. and me being me, tried to continue exercising. I've really got to stop thinking I'm invincible. :thinking-blob:

Nah.. I'm pretty sure I still am. That's how that works, right? Just say something enough times?

Yeah, that’s the most important ! How serious is it ? :cryblob:
Not entirely sure yet. I'm hoping not very. I'll put it in a spoiler tag just in case anyone is a little squeamish about stuff like that.

I was doing my daily jog when I felt a pop or snap in my leg. Pain instantly shot up and down my leg but subsided almost as quickly. So it's most likely a muscle strain or tear. However I've had leg strains before and it was nothing like this.. so I do worry it's a tear. There's times during the day where I get so sick to my stomach that I have to lie on the floor. Mitsy comes to lie right next to me immediately each time so that's been really adorable and comforting. :cat-heart-blob:

Otherwise there's a dull pain that occasionally crops up followed by a tingling feeling from my knee down to my foot. I can walk on the leg fine but it does feel 'heavy' at times. It's kind of a weird feeling to describe.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
One of these days will have to join a co-op game, it sounds fun. I am state-side with a young baby, so I will probably have to really get creative with timing though haha.
Oh, you've got one of those small human alarms? Those do make things tricky for sure! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Teasing aside, we would love to have you join us sometime! The events usually last two or three hours so you can always join a little later on too if that works better. And don't ever worry if you need to take off to care for your baby, we'll totally understand.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Only slightly late this time!

The July update is finally here! :blobcheer:

• Added Color Breakers to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Monster Hunter (Monstie Huntie) Stories 2: Wings of Ruin to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added GLIM to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Streets of Rage 4 Mr. X Nightmare to the OP to celebrate its release
  • Added F1 2021 to the OP and our mixed genre list
  • Added Samurai Gunn 2 to the OP and our mixed genre list
  • Added Orcs Must Die! 3 to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Blightbound to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Samurai Warriors 5 to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Tribes of Midgard to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Get Packed: Fully Loaded to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Kinduo to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added The Ascent to the OP and our co-op list
And now for the event news, our next event will take place on July 30! I'll be sure to provide updates for folks as we get closer as well as include a countdown timer like usual. Hope to see you all there! :blobhug:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Quick reminder for folks that we'll still be doing our event tomorrow if anyone is interested!

Sorry that I wasn't able to get a countdown timer set for us this time. I tried to add one the past couple nights and haven't been able to. So I understand that this seems kind of last minute and if folks can't make it there's no worries at all! Either way we'll try doing another event earlier in August and I'll also explore some alternatives to get a timer set up for next time. :highfiveblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Our event will be starting in roughly 10 minutes. Nothing is set as far as what we'll play but as usual we'll try to find something that works for everyone. :cuteblob:

• Hug
  • Comfy
Reactions: xxr and lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
August update time.

• Added Toodee and Topdee to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Death Trash to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Gelly Break Deluxe to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added ICARUS to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Mayhem Brawler to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Metal Tales: Overkill to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Aliens: Fireteam Elite to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Ampersat to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added KeyWe to the OP and our co-op list
And for event news, our next event will be on August 13. That's right.. Friday the 13th! :fearful-face:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Hello, Meta co-op! :mion_peek:

During the recent string of lockdowns (which has been extended for another week) in my country, I've been playing Minecraft solo. I wonder if there's any interest in creating a shared Minecraft server for MetaMembers? Minecraft is kind of fun, but I think it shines when played with other people.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in running a Minecraft server or how much it would cost, but I do have experience in running servers on the cloud since it's how I manage to put food on my table, so it's not going to be a big deal, right? (*famous last words)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Good to see you stop by Kvik! :highfiveblob:

A Minecraft server would be great! I don't play too often these days outside of a few times with my nephew each month but I would absolutely stop by the server off and on. Also are we talking the java version or Bedrock? With the latter I'm not sure how servers work or how much control someone has with them.

Java however is pretty easy to set up, at least for a small group. They provide pretty good FAQs for getting everything running. I'll go ahead and link one of them if you want to give it a read.

Things might get trickier if dozens of folks start showing up and at that point you'd probably want to start looking into server providers. Unfortunately I'm not sure how much renting costs these days. It used to be pretty reasonable last time I looked but that was probably 6 or so years ago at this point.

I'll be sure to point folks from the co-op Discord here since I'm sure some would be interested and I'll try to help out however I can. My Minecraft knowledge isn't great but I can provide some FAQs or guides at the very least. :cuteblob:

• Hug
  • Comfy
Reactions: lashman and Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Thanks for having me~! :flare_switch:

I was thinking the Java version will be the way to go since the most popular mods/resource packs are made for the Java version. Obviously, it will be modded Java, but optimised for performance (no OptiFine). Still doing some research on alternatives, but Sodium+Iris looks promising.

About servers, I was thinking of starting with something like AWS or Oracle's Free Tier server since it should be enough for 1-5 people (unless you all start building redstone monstrosities) :flare_lmao:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for having me~! :flare_switch:

I was thinking the Java version will be the way to go since the most popular mods/resource packs are made for the Java version. Obviously, it will be modded Java, but optimised for performance (no OptiFine). Still doing some research on alternatives, but Sodium+Iris looks promising.

About servers, I was thinking of starting with something like AWS or Oracle's Free Tier server since it should be enough for 1-5 people (unless you all start building redstone monstrosities) :flare_lmao:
I hadn't even considered the free alternatives. That will be perfect! Though that redstone monstrosities part.. umm.. no promises! :lampblob:

That's also a good call regarding Java and mods. That will allow for far more freedom. Many will be new to me since I've barely ever touched the mod scene with Minecraft so that's exciting.

And I did point folks on Discord to the thread so hopefully we'll be seeing some more interest soon.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Please tell me if I have to install Minecraft for the first time since alpha or beta. Not that I didn’t like it, there are just so many hours in the day.
But as I said recently to PossiblyPudding it’s not the game part that’s important, it’s the people part.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Well, Micra is still the best-selling game of all time, and its mod community is probably as large (or maybe even larger) as GTA mod community. These days you can fire up MultiMC, grab one or two of the most popular mod packs and you can have a setup running within 5 minutes.

For the community server, I'd like to keep it as vanilla as possible without sacrificing performance, so you can add your own resource packs etc. But obviously, I'm open to suggestions too about what are the must-have mods in the server.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Are you fucking kidding me here Minecraft ?
I vividly recall having to contact support when I noticed my Java license didn't give me access to the Win 10 version somehow. It was quickly fixed.
Fast forward to now and if I understand my account correctly on the Minecraft official site, I have no more version of the game.
What ?

- edit -
The windows store still acknowledge me possessing the new version.
We need to dig deeper :thinking-blob:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Basically, Microsoft is trying to get everybody to use Microsoft login instead of Mojang account now, hence your license is probably tied to your MS account as part of the migration.

Yeah, it was a combo of the game being linked to a secondary email and the need to migrate.
I'm ready.
Kidding, I don't know what I'm doing. Between the mods and the way the game must have changed since Alpha, oh boy.
At least this shit is sorted. For the second time. Side-eyeing Microsoft hard here.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Quick reminder for everyone that our event will be happening tomorrow, roughly 24 hours from this post. Unfortunately I couldn't find a good alternative for our countdown but I can provide the link to one that should stay up to date.

As usual we'll see how many folks show up before deciding what our game or games will be but I would like to try getting a full group going for Back 4 Blood now that the beta has opened up for everyone.

http://secondapps.com/countdown/t1628888400z1.png

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
So Aliens: Fire Team looks to be a run-of-the-mill but fun Co-Op shooter with Aliens IP for added nostalgia and fun. Some people are saying it reminds them of L4D but Aliens. Looks decent and solid enough if you're looking for an online co-op shooter to play with friends while having some beers.
I was kind of expecting a trainwreck but this does look competent to me who has no idea about online co-op and these type of games, lol.

Random video posted on the new EG forums.

lashman just posted this in the Steam thread and it may interest people in here too.

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Yep! I'm excited to give Minecraft Dungeons another try. I played it for a while with game pass when it first released and thought it was an okay game. Seems the updates and content they've added since have been well received.

And Aliens is a pretty solid title overall. It's not going to wow anyone and it's not as polished as L4D but for a first effort from Cold Iron Studios and a seemingly small budget they did a pretty good job I feel. It has enough of the L4D style trappings to make it a fun time with friends and if the devs are given the time and freedom to stick with it long term I could see it becoming even better.

At the very least it has me excited for a sequel from Cold Iron and hopefully a bigger budget for them with their next game.
Getting ready for coop in Naraka, Ascent, Aliens and Tetris!
We've got to get some more Naraka going! :dualbladesblob:

Also Ascent and Tetris.. and the billions of others we have. I really need to finish that co-op list I had started for us so we can keep better track of them all.

And of course more FFXIV. :fearful-face:

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Time for the September update and it's a big one!
  • Added Jumanji - The Curse Returns to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added Kitaria Fables to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Surgeon Simulator 2 to the OP and our co-op list to celebrate its Steam release
  • Added Rogue Shift to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added RICO: London to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Nearly Dead to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Plague Breaker to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added RAM Pressure to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Scrapnaut to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Aragami 2 to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added D-Corp to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added World War Z: Aftermath to the OP and our co-op list to celebrate its Steam release
  • Added Embr to the OP to celebrate it leaving early access
  • Added The Addams Family: Mansion Mayhem to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added ConnecTank to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Centipede: Recharged to the OP and our co-op list
We currently don't have a set date for a co-op event this month and might have to postpone it. I've been extremely busy between work and getting everything ready to move in a few months. So in all honesty our events might be taking another short hiatus as a result. I'll try my best to sneak one more event in for all of us beforehand but I can't make any promises. :blobhug:

Last edited:
  • Love
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
October update!

Not too much in the way of spooks this time around, sadly.
  • Added Jack Axe to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Whisper Trip to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Deep Space Gardening to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Book of Travels to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Back 4 Blood to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Get Together to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Stolen Realm to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Mad Streets to the OP and our mixed genre list
  • Added Jackbox Party Pack 8 to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added Escape Simulator to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added War Mongrels to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Gloomhaven to the OP and our co-op list to celebrate it's 1.0 release
  • Added Okinawa Rush to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Age of Empires IV to the OP and our mixed genre list
We'll try to shoot for a co-op event either on Oct 23 or 30, but I can't make any guarantees at this time. Things are slowly ramping up with my move and by that time I might find myself without any free time.

But we'll see, I'd really love to play with you all again before our events have to take a brief hiatus. It's always a highlight of my month and I've been missing it. :blobhug:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Back 4 Blood has constantly been pretty great with PossiblyPudding
You are missing out people !

edit
Except when he kills me at point blank in the confusion of a zombie rush :disapproval-blob:
We'll have to get some more folks to join us sometime! It's been a blast playing it together. :blobhug:

Oh and there was no confusion.. I meant to do it!

Haha nah, it was more that we both had the same thought to peek under that one door and our paths crossed right as I started shooting. That was my bad.

Which brings us to some news and by news, I mean November update time! The ghosts have hidden away for another year but Fall is just beginning and we've got some exciting games coming. One in particular (FH5) I would also like to get a group going sometime. Also I've really disliked how 'mixed genre' has sounded on our co-op list for quite some time now and I'll be changing the name to multi genre and use that going forward instead.
  • Added The Mole Men to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Tunche to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Usurper: Soulbound to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Forza Horizon 5 to the OP and our multi genre list
  • Added Hyper Echelon to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added SYNTHETIK 2 to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Junkpunk to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Battlefield 2042 to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added Farming Simulator 22 to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All! to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Farlight Commanders to the OP and our co-op list
Now for the ever elusive events of ours. To put this simply.. buying a house and moving across the country is hard, shocking I know! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

It's likely we could have worked out an October event after all and I apologize that it didn't happen. And unfortunately I can't swear to one this month either despite the delays with me actually moving. This has always been the month I was most uncertain about but I do want to make one promise and that's if there's a Friday or Saturday that seems like it will work I will put together some sort of event for us even if it's a short one. I said it before but I truly have missed our events and playing with you all. So we'll work toward figuring that out. One thing that is certain is that I will do everything I possibly can to make sure December has at least one event. I still owe Li Kao some boardgame events and we'll eventually deliver on those too.

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
We absolutely have to get some Halo going sometime! I've never been the biggest fan of Halo's MP but with this one being free I'm up for playing more of it. Naroh and I had a few fun rounds when we tried it the first night.

• Hug