Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I did the maths
I spent $132 for 12 months of Humble monthly, so far I redeemed 19 keys so
that's $7 per game.
Getting the new monthly for AC Origins only, that makes each game gotten for $6.60, which is still a neat deal IMO

I'll wait though, Humble need to reveal more stuff ot further entice me, but I think I'll grab this new Monthly eventually.

Granted this is being very simplistic, but really on an investment of $132? Yeah I'm getting my money's worth, and I have at least 6-7 more bundles from my year sub. If I get at least 2 games I want in the next 6 months at least, that'd be 19+12 = 31
132/31 = $4.30 per game
Still a good deal to me

meh, origins uplay and caterpillars was already in a humble bundle.
I didn't get those bundles though so it's a good get for me :3

Reactions: dummmyy

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
DWQ6K-FIVW5-VPAEN(Clash of Castle)
JJLBP-RGCLZ-X6HBK(Bitcoin Farm)
EVF9A-G4LBV-3MX2Y(Solar System)
KKHML-3R569-KGTG3(Operation Desert Road)
9F5C6-I20QH-R7J7W(Golf 2D)
2Z9PB-6NKI6-I4BPQ(Space Way)
AK769-FBFK5-I6VRK(Gravity Ball)
0BD4B-ZRL0E-9FI35(Brick Breaker Ultimate)
96A3T-VBPE8-N79LG(Archery Blast)
2NQVM-7RK8K-TTNH2(Bitcoin)
DPHQ8-DMCCJ-WX9LB(Real Drift)
RLY4R-LNZR9-H7Y7H(Lost)
QVNEW-Y9B89-8R6M9(Obscurity)
P4EXE-BKZ9K-2ZW64(SurvivalZ)
39XFV-HD9EI-005JN(SurvivalZ Battlegrounds)
LZ7CW-G4B3V-YY8DX(Race)
ZWIFH-98WCC-4KNRT(Knife Flipping)
YPV8F-YBETA-RJJH5(Geometry Rush)
DT3ML-WZ56Z-QLDG3(Christmas Race 2)
0CIFI-98QEZ-QAVE2(MineSweep)
H25KR-PBXZT-HVW7J(Space Rocket)
TJ7M5-VCLD5-3RX3M(Christmas Race)
NHKLB-A6G5Y-LTHAZ(Coin Pusher)
NH463-2WR0I-B22A5(Hammer 2)
WVKJT-2IN0W-JGR6M(My Car)
D8L0L-WEC8J-HH9NK(Hentai Temple)
BF229-0AQVW-T8DA9(Cortex)
H687P-02DP4-4YMW6(Kings)
0P7QZ-2TI8W-MFC06(Escape Game)
JBXPY-GC5BB-TCAMI(Voxel Race)
DD3LG-IC0RN-J5XC9(Battle Simulator)

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Seems i can't update the document right now because the .doxc version is sleeping on my work PC, but don't worry your input is noted Ascheroth

Reactions: Ascheroth

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I'm a bit torn on the next month bundle. I skipped Origins, but I love Odyssey, but Origins after Odyssey is probably like a big step backwards from what I've read... on the other hand, the rest of the bundle is still probably worth it since there's so much I'm interested in.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I want to commend all my fellow peeps, for keeping it together in this crazy Epic times. Y'all keeping it together like this and it makes me proud to be a part of it

PS please let GOG (rose hair) into the group.

AT LEAST use "hide until liked" ... don't leave it out in the open for bots, geez :p
Yeah wouldn't any of us to miss out on that hentai game :V

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I want to commend all my fellow peeps, for keeping it together in this crazy Epic times. Y'all keeping it together like this and it makes me proud to be a part of it
there's just not much to argue about if we all agree on something :p hence those threads and topics tend to fizzle out quickly, lol ;)

Yeah wouldn't any of us to miss out on that hentai game :V
naturally :p

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I admit all this epic stuff has made me crazy cynical, listening to the new beastcast and them talking about satisfactory just sounded like an ad, how they emphasized egs exclusivity.
Yeagh
Reminded me of the Did you know gaming episode on Langrisser (sp), which ended up being an ad for the mobile game.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
I admit all this epic stuff has made me crazy cynical, listening to the new beastcast and them talking about satisfactory just sounded like an ad, how they emphasized egs exclusivity.
They also tell a few times when something is only on Steam.

Satisfactory looks really neat. Could be a great coop game. Hope it releases outside of the EGS once Early Access is done.

Reactions: Le Pertti

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

All released.

Any impression on Super Dragon Ball??
Steam reviews are surpringly good. Not my style of game but for a lower price I might've taken a chance.

What if PC media is on Epic's side because they're excited that a lack of user reviews and a smaller curated store means that their opinions will be relevant again, after Steam reviews, curators and endless releases rendered them irrelevant?
Another take is that some never got over that whole Gamergate drama, somehow came to associate the whole of PC gaming and thus Steam with those folks, now see PC gamers fighting against EGS (or customers opening their mouths about anything) and going 'oh GG is back'. While completely ignoring (more likely being unaware of) Sweeney's own political leanings.

Thankfully the German sites I visit have been way more neutral and even handed but then I always had the impression that they're more critical, having given even absolute classics harsh reviews and are a bit less prone to pure hype.

Last edited:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I love Crate and Crowbar but it really puts into perspective how game journalists seem to just exist and experience gaming in an entirely different world than say, me. They constantly ignore or don't know about things that I deal with constantly.

Reactions: lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
PC Era are still fighting the good fight and showing way more patience than i would over there. I mainly stay the hell away from Epic threads due to the amount of bad faith posturing that goes on.
It's even worse on Twitter. People are just parotting the nonsense comments from gaming journalists. Do yourself a favor and stay away there.

So EU trying to get rid of geo blocking on Steam..
I need a new nickname 😒

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Are gaming bloggers that stupid, or are they being paid to pretend to be?

I'm now calling them gaming bloggers btw. You have to earn the title of journalist.
If I'm thinking of this as objectively as I can I really think it's just their ignorance and lack of knowledge on games and the industry overall showing with this.

Seriously for most major outlets if you were doing a jeopardy style show about games with them most of us would probably crush them. They know next to nothing about the industry and seem completely unaware of most things that are discovered on the internet (whether it's on twitter or reddit). Speaking solely about steam vs EGS now how many of them have gotten basic facts about the two stores wrong? How many chose to parrot Epic's press release about Metro Exodus sales without any understanding of what that 2.5x number actually meant? Did any of them check steamspy for last light sales like we did? No they just assumed it meant it did amazing.

Our (almost entire) media is lazy and incompetent. Calling them bloggers is a more accurate description of them.

edit: After writing this I suddenly remembered that string of embarrassing tweets from journalists that was posted on PC era the other day. Stuff like John Walker, a long time PC writer, not even understanding how steam keys and 3rd party retailers work. And he's celebrated for supposedly being good at his job by his peers and many RPS users. This is the media we have.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Another take is that some never got over that whole Gamergate drama, somehow came to associate the whole of PC gaming and thus Steam with those folks, now see PC gamers fighting against EGS (or customers opening their mouths about anything) and going 'oh GG is back'. While completely ignoring (more likely being unaware of) Sweeney's own political leanings.
honestly, it's probably this in most cases

Teeth suggested pretty much the same thing a few days ago

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

I don't get it, do I have it ass backwards or does the "journalist" there have it so? See my comments as Alexios there for my questions.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

No reason, review bombing inc.
I got it free on orlygift but plenty of people bought it in a bundle and were revoked too: otaku bundle #37, daily indie game deal...
Dumb Stone General Discussions :: Steam Community
Daily indie game and Orly both source their keys from Otaku tho. And Otaku went under and didn't pay devs soo probaly due to that.

Valve just needs to develop a great shlooter and take down Fortnite. Problem solved.
Half-Life IP based shlooter with steam trading/market. Why not indeed?
Bonus points sending out to compete with Bl3 on EGS.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Played some SF 30th ann. collection online with a friend and my scrubby ass started out slow but eventually yeah I recalled some tricks. Man are SF3 and Zero 3 rather 'strict' with their inputs. You really need to focus on recovery time from attacks @_@
I only stuck with Gouki in Z3 because he was easy for me to use, though I need to just follow up every tornado kick of his with a standing Hard punch due to how silly that game's juggle system is :V

Reactions: Deleted member 113

SpectrumWarrior

Mods'R'us
Nov 1, 2018
Daily indie game and Orly both source their keys from Otaku tho. And Otaku went under and didn't pay devs soo probaly due to that.
Damn, why doesn't the dev say it before revoking key then, it's understandable, he's only gonna get bad publicity from this...

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Dude is a complete tit.

"Herp de derp, I don't understand the difference between exclusives funded by the company owning the launcher, and buying exclusives from other people and monopolizing them for my storefront."

Cross another outlet off.
Which outlet is even left at this point?
The last time they did this it was the same keys as before, except the big ones were gone (e.g. mafia 3).

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
For Mutant Road Zero, what difficulty should it be played on? I vaguely remember people saying something about normal being somewhat hard and hard being too hard?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Dude is a complete tit.

"Herp de derp, I don't understand the difference between exclusives funded by the company owning the launcher, and buying exclusives from other people and monopolizing them for my storefront."

Cross another outlet off.
Your allegiance is weird, that's why I'll be the one throwing a bunch of insults towards people I don't know trying to show how my billionaire cool dood is cooler than your billionaire meme guy and could probably beat him in a fight too. Or something. Cos that's mature, unlike you. Cower @ my debate skillz, you fanboy! I still can only trash talk the things you support rather than say anything the things I support do better, but whatever, that stuff's not needed on the internets.

People don't have to like Steam but reducing what it's achieved to that kind of shit talk hot takes? That's considered professional and journalistic and unbiased? Is the whole debate just a meme for clicks to these people, did this guy simply hope for a tweetply by Gabe to feel important or what the heck is going on, lol.

Last edited:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
For Mutant Road Zero, what difficulty should it be played on? I vaguely remember people saying something about normal being somewhat hard and hard being too hard?
You can change the difficulty mid-game. I don't think they are very well balanced. If I'm not mistaken the recommended and default is "hard", where you units heal to half health and abilities do not refresh between fights - only after a certain amout of kills. In this difficulty the game relies heavily (way too much in my opinion) on you picking isolated enemies and trying to stealth kill them without alerting everyone else. On the other hand "Normal" can get way to easy specially if you have good guns.

So... probably pick Hard (the middle one) and remember to upgrade your silent weapons. If you find frustrating, change to Normal.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Does the game have difficulty achievements?
I'm not 100% sure. The only ones I could find were these:

Pfft! Too easy! - -------------- in 'IRON MUTANT' mode (Any difficulty).
Still too easy!!! - -------------- in 'IRON MUTANT' mode on VERY HARD.
QA have suffered! - ------------ in 'IRON MUTANT' mode on VERY HARD without losing a crew member.

Iron Mutant is the mode with permadeath and no manual saves.... so.... not something I would try.

Deleted member 113

If anyone is in the mood for something a bit different, BLACK BIRD (by Yoshiro Kimura's new studio, the man behind games like Little King's Story, Chulip, Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, and more) is currently on sale:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

No reason, review bombing inc.
I got it free on orlygift but plenty of people bought it in a bundle and were revoked too: otaku bundle #37, daily indie game deal...
Dumb Stone General Discussions :: Steam Community
Gogobundle went bust before the paid devs for the last few bundles that they ran so the various devs have been revoking all keys over the last few months. The freebies are probably people buying the gogobundles/otakubundles on mass to drive traffic through giveaways. Pretty sure that's how DiG runs are well, buy a mass of bundles and separate the games out for peanuts.

Punishing the buyers for the sins of an intermediary isn't the smartest play for the long term success of your business but Valve doesn't seem to care when keys get revoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.