Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Stop what y'all are doing and go get this new free shooting game where a muscular orc woman goes about doing orc things
Hedon by ZanTheBonebreaker

To get back on topic, the first episode of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is airing soon and I'm hyyyyped.
Just found out it has a LiSA opening < 3

This is the anime thread, right
I shall
Give it a watch.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
ETA for the next Sweet Nicole "how do you do fellow kids" post on the PCEra thread ? 👀
Don't see the need. They seem to get more aggressive at containing the Epic stuff into one thread and even recent money hat announcement seem to blow over more quickly. Not surprising, after a while one just get numb to this.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I never posted this, but I get a laugh every time I look at it. The time I decided to step into a beat saber thread where people were trying to dismiss mod support.

Maybe there’s no correlation, but I’d love to see how many internet posters that argue against mods also argue for things like more difficulty/accessibility options. Something that moddable platforms inherently can provide.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
I have the deluxe edition of this on PS4 and PC, and from what I played (about 8 hours) it's freakin' awesome! (y)

(Just waiting for all the DLC to finally drop so I can do a completionist playthrough.)
I forgot to buy the Season pass before they increased the price here (Bandai Namco used to have great regional pricing in Argentina, now they have some of the worst examples of lack of regional pricing)

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I have the deluxe edition of this on PS4 and PC, and from what I played (about 8 hours) it's freakin' awesome! (y)

(Just waiting for all the DLC to finally drop so I can do a completionist playthrough.)
I think that's all the DLC with Dissonance Of The Nexus Expansion out or did you mean to go on sale?

Reactions: 「Echo」

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
What about anime based on shlooting? :unsure: (my, what a disgusting word.) 🤢
That's the wrong Gun Gale Online!
You need to watch the Alternative anime, it's great (not written by Kawahara :coffee-blob: ).

I'm so mixed towards SAO. I really enjoy the general concept and it's pretty and hype and has good music and stuff... but Kawahara cannot write villains for shit.🤢
Currently in the 15$ tier of the Humble Namco Bundle too.

I've enjoyed the ~3 hours I put into it so far. Gonna wait for my new graphics card before continuing though.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
That's the wrong Gun Gale Online!
You need to watch the Alternative anime, it's great (not written by Kawahara :coffee-blob: ).

I'm so mixed towards SAO. I really enjoy the general concept and it's pretty and hype and has good music and stuff... but Kawahara cannot write villains for shit.🤢

Currently in the 15$ tier of the Humble Namco Bundle too.

I've enjoyed the ~3 hours I put into it so far. Gonna wait for my new graphics card before continuing though.
I should watch the newer one yeah, since GGO is the only aspect of SAO I actually like. :whistle: (Literally dropped Season 2 the moment they went back to Alfheim.)

Why does SOA get so many games while all the good animes don't
Eva got a few. :p KLK in a few months. Gunbuster is too old. FLCL would be a terrible game. Ghost in the Shell games have been bad too.

Panty and Stocking game might be fun though...

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I should watch the newer one yeah, since GGO is the only aspect of SAO I actually like. :whistle: (Literally dropped Season 2 the moment they went back to Alfheim.)

Eva got a few. :p KLK in a few months. Gunbuster is too old. FLCL would be a terrible game. Ghost in the Shell games have been bad too.

Panty and Stocking game might be fun though...
Any of the eva games good tho? I only know one is a weird fighting game.
KLK:IF i'm modestly interested it, but the LWA game from the same dev was really boring, even though i lvoed the show.

I really can't think of many good anime games in general.
The Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games were really nice.

MHA already has a game :p
I still haven't watched MHA. :eek:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
KLK:IF i'm modestly interested it, but the LWA game from the same dev was really boring, even though i lvoed the show.
I'm not really interested in the game, but prudis posted a really cool interview in the thread.
Seems like ArkSys was really hands-on.
Mizota, who directed of Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time, said Bandai Namco’s priority with the Little Witch Academia game was promoting and selling the game with certain requested features.

“In the case of Bandai Namco, for better or for worse and I don’t mean this in any negative way, but even if the game’s quality and gameplay design wasn’t really that high, Bandai Namco wouldn’t say much,” Mizota said. “I cannot say the same of Arc System Works. As soon as they didn’t like a mechanic or a system – in fact, I have a story. Our company is located in Osaka, but when [the game] wasn’t fun on the first build, they brought a part of my team to Yokohama where Arc’s office is and we were locked into a room for three months with Team Red, the Guilty Gear team, to learn how to better create these forms of expression [in a 3D space] and just game design.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I'm so happy Chet didn't let the racist talk control the narrative here. Great thread:

"Hey guys, gamer boycotts don't work, just look at this screenshot of a Boycott MW2 group on Steam."
Incidentally by the way, that screenshot is one of around half a dozen groups, might not have even been the biggest one, doesn't show the 16+ other pages, doesn't tell us if people were trolling them, and doesn't include the context of later declining CoD PC sales.

"But wait, didn't boycotts against things like Always Online DRM for the XB1 and paid mods work?"

"Sure, but other than those extremely effective examples, gamers are just too weak-willed to boycott. Didn't you see this funny JPEG proving that?"

"So, if boycotts don't work, if we buy a game and it's bad, we can at least just review bomb it right?

"Don't do that, that's childish and uncivilized and harmful to devs."

"So you want us to just boycott quietly?"

"Yes."

"But you just told us that boycotts don't work."

"..."

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Any of the eva games good tho? I only know one is a weird fighting game.

The Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games were really nice.
The PS2 and PSP one (Another cases) weren't bad and had some crazy deep lore buried inside. Like stuff the Eva geek wiki still tinkers with and debates/discusses to this day, stuff which people could only really catch from interviews and prototype material...

It is sad how the LWA game turned out yeah. Don't really like Naruto post-Zabuza arc (because afterwards it begins the shonen loop bullshit), but yes, the Ninja Storm games are a shining example of how anime adaptations should be handled in the games department.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
"Hey guys, gamer boycotts don't work, just look at this screenshot of a Boycott MW2 group on Steam."
Incidentally by the way, that screenshot is one of around half a dozen groups, might not have even been the biggest one, doesn't show the 16+ other pages, doesn't tell us if people were trolling them, and doesn't include the context of later declining CoD PC sales.

"But wait, didn't boycotts against things like Always Online DRM for the XB1 and paid mods work?"

"Sure, but other than those extremely effective examples, gamers are just too weak-willed to boycott. Didn't you see this funny JPEG proving that?"

"So, if boycotts don't work, if we buy a game and it's bad, we can at least just review bomb it right?

"Don't do that, that's childish and uncivilized and harmful to devs."

"So you want us to just boycott quietly?"

"Yes."

"But you just told us that boycotts don't work."

"..."

We have a dumb politician here (one of many really) who posted a video on social media showing himself buying a pack of pasta and throwing it in the trash saying he was "boycotting" the company who made that pack of pasta.

See? Maybe that's the approved polite and civilized way to boycott stuff! You buy the game (full price, deluxe edition please) and never install it. That will show them!

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I'm not really interested in the game, but prudis posted a really cool interview in the thread.
Seems like ArkSys was really hands-on.
We'll have to see how this pans out, i love KLK so i'll definitely be paying attention ocne it's out.
Disappointed that Mako is only post-launch tho. Bad omen.

The PS2 and PSP one (Another cases) weren't bad and had some crazy deep lore buried inside. Like stuff the Eva geek wiki still tinkers with and debates/discusses to this day, stuff which people could only really catch from interviews and prototype material...

It is sad how the LWA game turned out yeah. Don't really like Naruto post-Zabuza arc (because afterwards it begins the shonen loop bullshit), but yes, the Ninja Storm games are a shining example of how anime adaptations should be handled in the games department.
Screenshots remind me a bit of Persona.

To be honest, i'm not that much interested in Eva lore. I absolutely adore the show / movies, but more for the psychological aspects of it, not so much the biblical part. I probably have watched EoE about >25 times by now. o_O

_ _

The Zabuza Arc was definitely the single best thing about Naruto.

That game was awesome.
Never played it, but seeing this reminds me that there was a good bunch of decent to great Yugioh games, that i as the faithful card game enthusaist obviously all played. Tho i'm not sure they can be counted since they hardly even have anything to do with the show they're based on.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
If we're talking anime games, the Naruto Storm gams are surprisingly good. Not that I particularly love Naruto other than some childhood nostalgia, but still.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Deleted member 113

I actually rather enjoyed Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul.

I found it to be a very enjoyable fighting game, with some "meaty", enjoyable story modes, and plenty of bonus modes and unlockables.
And a great soundtrack.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Come to think of it, the Attack on Titan games are also supposed to be pretty good, I think.
I've played the 2nd one a bit on my cousin's Switch, and the combat and traversal at least were good fun.

Shame it's Koei pricing so I'll probably never buy it on Steam,,,

Last edited:

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
We have a dumb politician here (one of many really) who posted a video on social media showing himself buying a pack of pasta and throwing it in the trash saying he was "boycotting" the company who made that pack of pasta.

See? Maybe that's the approved polite and civilized way to boycott stuff! You buy the game (full price, deluxe edition please) and never install it. That will show them!
I've been boycotting so many devs all along and I never even knew it! :evilblob:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
BenjiUS claimed on Era that pre-orders for BL3 are incredibly high. Not sure he has access to EGS data, but I'm afraid he's right that the pc version will sell millions anyway. I miss the times that pc gamers voted with their wallets against GFWL.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
BenjiUS claimed on Era that pre-orders for BL3 are incredibly high. Not sure he has access to EGS data, but I'm afraid he's right that the pc version will sell millions anyway. I miss the times that pc gamers voted with their wallets against GFWL.
It will sell more than Metro, that's for sure. But I do dislike his tone on that post, he's like 'bitch as much as you want, it's useless'.

Not to mention he went to Twitter to say 'woah those Era folks are mad xd'

Last edited:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
BL3 will move needle. It's huge on PC and a lot of people will buy if there isn't an obvious inconvenience (like the Windows Store not working). In any case, between Randy, Tim and Sergey's Twitter I'm sure we will know soon enough how the sales are going.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
There's no way Borderlands 3 doesn't sell well.

GFWL hate came from paid online play, that's something majority cares about.
Most don't care until they get problems like losing saves due to lack of cloud saves. (which should be fixed by BL3 release).

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
There's no way Borderlands 3 doesn't sell well.

GFWL hate came from paid online play, that's something majority cares about.
Most don't care until they get problems like losing saves due to lack of cloud saves. (which should be fixed by BL3 release).
I mean, isn't the main issue here playing with randos?
EGS still doesn't have a friend-list implemented, doesn't it?

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I really want to like Dandara, but it's tough. I'm not a fan of the movement system, or the layout of the map. It's tough to remember where you've been and where you need to go. I'm also dying a lot, which is probably all my fault. I have a little over an hour in it, so I'll keep on trucking.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I've just went through Minit. It's really, really cool!
Very enjoyable 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.