Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsamiracle

Dec 31, 2018
It has appeared on my library for a couple weeks now on the windows installation. No steam grid icon for me though.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Speaking of bugs:

Origin will automatically download updates

After downloading update, it will ask to agree to EULA and Privacy Policy
If you don't agree or closed window because you don't want to be bothered
it will delete update and then after a delay, begin downloading it again
rinse & repeat

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ugh last fight went well... so of course game crashes.XD

Speaking of which, am I the only one that looses interest in a game the moment you reach the last fight? I don't play games for the bosses but for the journey, so knowing I'm at the end and only have the least favourite part of the game left I kind of just want to stop. But I do want that last achievement haha.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Ugh last fight went well... so of course game crashes.XD

Speaking of which, am I the only one that looses interest in a game the moment you reach the last fight? I don't play games for the bosses but for the journey, so knowing I'm at the end and only have the least favourite part of the game left I kind of just want to stop. But I do want that last achievement haha.
Yeah, I'm the same. I have numerous games where I've got a save right before the end point.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Using Steam's own functions in an attempt to demonstrate how Steam "allows" whatever thing I dislike to happen when without Steam's own transparency and extensive tools to combat thing I dislike I wouldn't even be able to know anything happened at all given the games' scores remained super high showing it's only a small minority doing that stuff anyway and don't affect shit regardless. That's some next level shit, these people live in 3019.

Edit: made a few replies there on twitter with the above since I inherited an account from some random who apparently used my e-mail to sign up (I did clean up every contact and everything from it and enabled two-factor authentication when I discovered it through e-mails I was getting of notifications for him lol).

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
On a more positive note (well, depends) I'm playing the first few hours of Operencia through Game Pass and so far it's a seriously fun dungeon crawler, nicely polished. I had my doubts when seeing the trailer but after the first hour I would've gladly spent money to own it on Steam. Alas....

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
It looked promising, I made a thread on the other forum for it cos of that to help promote it. Little did I know....

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I didn't know it released either. Only paid EGS mouthpieces will be mentioning it rather than actual gamers I guess. Maybe they have the financial security of Epic paying for a set amount of (not actual) sales but they also gave up on its potential for real success with the intended audience rather than just their publisher that Epic assumes the role of (it could have been a new Legend of Grimrock level of indie success for all they know, or even better since it's shinier and easier to get into by being turn based and less chaotic for newcomers). Who knows if next year it will get the hype the game itself deserves on Steam when it will still be old reheated news and who knows what that may mean for the success of potential sequels if nobody played the first and if at some point Epic stops paying for them to keep working on stuff, which they will as the store is made to turn a profit eventually even if they bleed money to establish it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: derExperte

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
My Logitech G402 & Mouse mat have just turned up. I'd forgotten how long it takes me to get my mouse settings sorted out.
Now to finish the We Happy Few DLC today.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
aand DLCs for Shadow of Tombie gonna be closing soon with this one

Ah, might be time for a replay already! I liked SotTR overall, but really hate one specific aspect of the game... That is they give you all these customization options and outfits, but from about 40% of the way through to pretty much the end they lock you out of 90% of the outfits. 😢

As a cosmetics enthusiast, this hurts me.

Maybe playing Death Mark late into the night is a bad idea. I can almost guarantee I'll be having difficulties sleeping later.

:wd_comfy:
It looks really cool and I wanna get it, but now I'm temporarily poor after just moving and buying a big shiny new TV. Gotta get conservative with my money for a bit before I splurge again.... Maybe Summer Sale I hope! :whistle:

Deleted member 113

Ah, Operencia. The game I beta tested last year... on Steam.
And one of the games I was most looking forward to this year.
Yeah, screw them. ;)

The game is fun, and if it launched on a platform that would actually give the game some visibility, it could have been a hit.
But, as it stands, I can't say I'll cry over the possible failure of the game. because ultimately, it was the developers who decided to launch the game as an exclusive, on an unproven platform, where the customer base probably isn't too much of a fan of first person, turn based, dungeon-crawlers.

You can't get everything. They took the money, at the expense of visibility, and launching on a platform that has proven to be successful for the kind of game they made, and where they already have a customer base from the pinball games. And, while pissing a lot of people off.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
That's the thing, sure they no longer have the real risk of not enough sales but Epic is not dumb and takes on the sure hits anyway, they're buying mindshare after all. If Epic is interested in your game, rather than sign it on as part of a deal for multiple titles (like I guess some of Annapurna's games might have been) then chances are you can make a killing on Steam and don't need them to foot the bill for any risk. So they're probably doing more harm than good for most. That's before the whole anti-indie sentiment they're cultivating where if a game isn't on EGS it's just considered shovelware because Steam "has no games anymore" while it will be impossible for most indies to get on EGS even if they wanted to as long as it remains a closed platform like Steam circa '00s.

Last edited:

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Not sure if you already committed or not, but as far as I can see that TV does not have a 120hz refresh rate, it has 60hz and supports the dumb motion smoothing 120hz thing that all TVs come with now. Almost no TVs have actual 120hz rates, it's insanely expensive at high resolutions (for monitor-size screens you're looking at close to $1,000) and I'm not sure there's even any monitors yet that are 4k and 120hz. 1440p and high refresh seems to be the sweet spot right now for monitors.
Okay, missed this on accident. Makes sense though.

I did commit to the TV and love it so far. :love: My old Sony 4K didn't have local dimming, so HDR was kinda meh. Now though...

And the bigger size is really helping out with readability, since I was having a lot of issues with keeping scaling at 100%. For some reason a lot of games these days are still having issues not rendering at the proper resolution if you have Windows scaling on. Like a recent example is NISA's port of Killer7, where if you have Windows scale at say 150% but the game resolution set to 4K, it actually just renders it at 1440p and upscales. 🤢

Deleted member 113

I know I posted this already, but seriously, anyone who enjoys shmups, arcade games, quirky games, or ideally, a combination of all 3, give BLACK BIRD a look:

The game is complete bananas, and a lot of fun. :p

It's directed by Yoshiro Kimura (Little King's Story, Chulip, Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, No More Heroes, ...), and it has a soundtrack by Hirofumi Taniguchi (Chibi-Ribo!, Giftpia, Chulip, beatmania series, ...).

SpectrumWarrior

Mods'R'us
Nov 1, 2018
I knew Gamekult (french video games "journalists") had fallen low, but I watched the beginning (couldn't bear the whole thing sorry) of their last video where they're talking about Borderlands 3 and you have it all: "it's just another icon on your PC", "EGS doesn't have reviews to avoid review bombing"...
and my favorite (never heard this one before): "EGS is better because it's light compared to the bloated Steam". :love:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I knew Gamekult (french video games "journalists") had fallen low, but I watched the beginning (couldn't bear the whole thing sorry) of their last video where they're talking about Borderlands 3 and you have it all: "it's just another icon on your PC", "EGS doesn't have reviews to avoid review bombing"...
and my favorite (never heard this one before): "EGS is better because it's light compared to the bloated Steam". :love:
Haha, the experience of using EGS and Steam is so vastly different, EGS is super sluggish to use and most often fails to even do what one wants, not sure what "light" version they are using. They must confuse lack of features and features with light and bloated. That's one way to spin it.

Reactions: Ex-User (307)

SpectrumWarrior

Mods'R'us
Nov 1, 2018
Haha, the experience of using EGS and Steam is so vastly different, EGS is super sluggish to use and most often fails to even do what one wants, not sure what "light" version they are using. They must confuse lack of features and features with light and bloated. That's one way to spin it.
"Beware of what "we" ask Epic, "we" don't want a Steam 2" is saying one of them about features.

The only critic they have is that it doesn't have cloud saves and achievements yet, but they are sure it will be there for Borderlands 3 release.

Reactions: Le Pertti

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
I don't know why anyone would still be on era these days. It's obvious at this point that PC gamers are not welcome there and at best are seen as a thing to joke about and at worst are just seen as gamersgate 2.0 - I feel sorry for the few mods that care for the PC crowd. I would like to know what they are talking about in mod/admin channels.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
To get back on topic, the first episode of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is airing soon and I'm hyyyyped.
Just found out it has a LiSA opening < 3

This is the anime thread, right

Status
Not open for further replies.