Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
trust me - you WANT to watch it!!! :D

Okay.... using that on the trailer is just cheating :)

The Google doc I had made about the EpicGamesStore has been taken down due to a violation of the TOS LMAO

brb reupping
Was just going to post asking why. Start the conspiracies theories!!
But seriously, what the hell? How is that FAQ a violation of ToS? Too much facts?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I'm curious if it was reported by fanboys (since when does a company like that listen to randoms anyway, I've reported so much crap on facebook and always get the same token response that it doesn't violate rules it does clearly violate) or actual Epic folks. I suppose if the fanboys were numerous and coordinated.

Can pastebin get stuff in such a format? I'vepastebinned my token response on the topic but it's just one page, no special formatting.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I recently bought the Corsair K63 Wirelesss.

I think that one only comes with MX Red switches. I think the wired version has more options, and is a bit cheaper too. The actual build quality is really nice. Additionally, It also has these four media buttons on the top left, which are really easy to rebind with Corsairs "iCUE" software.
What would be the wired model #?
I was going to suggest checking the language bar and the Regional Settings and resetting them but if you've already tried that then... i'm at a loss for the moment.

As for cheap mechanicals i can't help as all mine have been £100+ :crying-face: Like Ducky Shine, CoolerMaster Novatouch and Storm TKL.
I know Corsair keyboards are recommended at the moment and the less flashy ones are relatively cheap so have a look. Is it the K70 everyone is enamoured with at the moment?
I don't mind spending around 100 TBH just nothing like 180. Markup here for PC nd gmaing in general is a thing. I am going to check out a ducky KB but have to drive to find a place that has them. Shine or One 2?

Reactions: lashman

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I wanna bite on Katana Zero but I want to see if it goes up on GMG for cheaper like most devolver games do. The reviews are not making the wait easy though @.@

Edit: Apparently Devolver pulled their titles from GMG? Man I feel dumb for waiting.

Last edited:

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I'm not sold on Katana Zero yet. It looks pretty interesting but I just can't shake that "been there, done that" feeling everytime I watch a gameplay video.

Reactions: lashman and Milena

Deleted member 113

My four day Easter holiday just started, Woho!
Still a few more hours for me (and it's a 3 day one for me). :)

Another game just released (on what's going to be a crazy day, in terms of releases):

Still waiting for that Konami Arcade compilation. :unsure:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Please make it so when I refresh metacouncil the front page goes to exactly the same spot in terms of scrolling down as it was before. It keeps going lower and lower and lower with every refresh. My OCD can't stand this. It's probably the top menu which remains at the top of the page as you scroll that borks it. Fix it! :mad:

I tried to ignore it all this time, I really did.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Please make it so when I refresh metacouncil the front page goes to exactly the same spot in terms of scrolling down as it was before. It keeps going lower and lower and lower with every refresh. My OCD can't stand this. It's probably the top menu which remains at the top of the page as you scroll that borks it. Fix it! :mad:

I tried to ignore it all this time, I really did.
i don't think it's the menu ... i'm pretty sure it's the embeds ...

and i don't think there's anything that can be done about that :(

How do I highligh my own posts and posts quoted with my name in it? Everything blends in...
also not something that can be done out of the box afaik :(

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
i don't think it's the menu ... i'm pretty sure it's the embeds ...

and i don't think there's anything that can be done about that :(

also not something that can be done out of the box afaik :(
What embeds does the front page have? By front page I mean the gaming side, I ignore all the rest, gaming side is in my favorites.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
What embeds does the front page have? By front page I mean the gaming side, I ignore all the rest, gaming side is in my favorites.
ohhhhh ... the forum view

hmm ... that's weird .... doesn't really happen to me ...

or do you mean on mobile?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
On Firefox. Desktop.
huh ... weird

still not happening for me ... but i'm on nightly builds

maybe there's something broken in FF where it does this in a very specific situation or something ... weeeeeird

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Well it happens every time since I started coming. Always on the latest Firefox.

I just tried with allowing trackers and shit in case that was messing some ad-window I'm supposed to be getting and nope, no difference.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Well it happens every time since I started coming. Always on the latest firefox.
hmmm ... maybe someone could make a custom CSS (for stylish) to make the menu bar non-sticky then ... maybe that would help

other than that - i'm out of ideas, sorry :(

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Speaking of Edge, I tried the beta of the new update a few days ago out of curiosity and they went full Chromium so it's actually a pretty good browser now (or when the beta build will launch officially) It also supports all Chrome(ium) extensions.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
lmao at the doc getting taken down. What exactly in the ToS did it break?

I feel like I could probably make something like this, given enough time/depending on what's available through Steam's API. Like if they give you access to user generated tags so you can use that to prepopulate associations, etc.
I'm not familiar with the Steam Web API and I haven't checked thoroughly since I'm on public transport... But I can't even find a way to retrieve tags or the list of similar games already generated by Valve: ISteamApps Interface (Steamworks Documentation)

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Anyways, this reup should work (for now)

No idea

Wait there's a TOS for Google docs!? What if I'm writing a murder mystery story, will the cops come for me?
It's super unlikely that it was actually scrubbed by Google, more likely is people that saw it and didn't care for it flagged it and it got automatically suspended. You could appeal it with Google and they'd restore it and probably prevent it from happening in the future.

You can put basically anything on Google docs / drive, and it won't care until someone flags it OR occasionally something big and clearly illegal (full movies get dumped into shared spaces on there, for example) will get automatically removed.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Edge going to Chromium is weird. Just looking at the preview for a minute is enough for me to know it's a lot better than the original version. The context menu has useful things in it, for one. But if it's just Chromium, why wouldn't I just use Chrome, or another Chromium browser like Vivaldi? They got summa 'dat secret sauce? I guess it's for better retention, keeping new Windows users on Edge instead of downloading an alternative.

Last edited:

WahabiPapangu

GarfCumLover
Dec 27, 2018
I recently bought the Corsair K63 Wirelesss.

I think that one only comes with MX Red switches. I think the wired version has more options, and is a bit cheaper too. The actual build quality is really nice. Additionally, It also has these four media buttons on the top left, which are really easy to rebind with Corsairs "iCUE" software.
That does seem pretty nice, but I can't live without a numpad. I'm currently using the Corsair Gaming K95 Platinum which I like, but it's also a bit too big... could easily do without those G1-g6 buttons, that I only use for csgo

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
One of the things I really miss on Steam are the 4-packs.
A lot of cool multiplayer games coming out lately that I would've liked to play with friends, but everyone having to pay full price for a copy makes it hard. Third-party key sellers don't really seem to offer it either (although having a discount on every copy, as is the usual case, does help), I think the last time I saw it offered was during a chrono.gg deal.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
One of the things I really miss on Steam are the 4-packs.
A lot of cool multiplayer games coming out lately that I would've liked to play with friends, but everyone having to pay full price for a copy makes it hard. Third-party key sellers don't really seem to offer it either (although having a discount on every copy, as is the usual case, does help), I think the last time I saw it offered was during a chrono.gg deal.
Chrono could really try to bank on that. Their deals usually aren't the best, but they would become instantly more relevant, at least for me, if they start offering 2 and 4 packs more frequently. But yeah, the age of 4-packs on Steam is long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.