Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Video is still being updated by YT (no res. above 360p last I checked), but this is an interesting video on SA1, with some good points on elements that recent 3D Sonic games tend to be issued with.
Tizoc do you maybe have a list of games that are coming out in May (and are announced for steam) but don't have steam pages yet?

🤦‍♂️
Hedon, an FPS starring a muscular female orc
Starlink releasing on Steam and Uplay
Type Dreams
Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Little Misfortune demo was released
Chibi Goku from Dragon Ball GT becomes available in May in Dragon Ball FighterZ
Backbone got a demo released
The Sword of Ditto: Mormo's Curse update releasing in May

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
How do you fix the lag in your online focused game? just put a region lock so you can play with bots if you're not in one of the big regions:

If you add it to the cart it shows the real price.
Squeenix has to be one of the dumbest companies around I swear.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Also, one thing I'm curious about: Is there some special meaning behind the word "forgotton"? Is this even a word? Or is it just a "stylized" "forgotten"?
Maybe the Devs had forgotton to do a spellcheck before releasing their first trailer, and then just decided to stick with it.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Ni No Kuni 2 on sale, but not the prince's edition. :face-with-cold-sweat: Bandai pls.
You can get the base game from Greenmangaming since their discount is better than Steam's. But then I'm not sure if buying the season pass separately afterwards will net you the "equipment package" that comes with the Prince edition 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 「Echo」

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Snakethesniper According to "Is there any deal" Mary Skelter has frequent price drops down to around £10 so the chances are good. I couldn't remember when i got mine so i checked and it was July last year from GOG for a tenner. I was on a bit of a DRPG binge and watching The Twit Gamer play it on youtube but i burnt out before starting Skelter.

Is There Any Deal - Mary Skelter Price History

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
GavinUK86 Didn't want to mess up the screenshots thread but your "Days (bike) Gone" shots made me chuckle and any excuse to post this video i'll take!

I've been posting it for the last decade and won't stop now! I'm sure i've driven most of the views for this video my myself. lol.
Ahh, Saints' Row what an awesome mess you were.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Snakethesniper According to "Is there any deal" Mary Skelter has frequent price drops down to around £10 so the chances are good. I couldn't remember when i got mine so i checked and it was July last year from GOG for a tenner. I was on a bit of a DRPG binge and watching The Twit Gamer play it on youtube but i burnt out before starting Skelter.

Is There Any Deal - Mary Skelter Price History
Yeah it was on sale on GOG not long ago but I'm one of those people that prefers to have it on steam sadly

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Metasteam May 2019 - The Index of our Rage about the rats in Kamurocho.

(References: Rage 2, A Plague Tale, Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Valve Index)

:drinking-blob:
Index doesn't really fit in that sentence ... i don't think :p

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
So after 70+ hrs of MHW in roughly a week, I think I'm ready to take a break. I've only really used one weapon type, the switch axe. So I'll probably try out other stuff. I'm just burnt out. This is hopefully the last game I'll be able to do this with, but I doubt it. Due to my divorce, and life situation currently, I have a ton of free time and not a lot of money.

I think I want to try and replay some classics from my top 10, as my birthday approaches. Haven't played some since I was a teen, and I'm almost at a point where I can say I wasn't a teenage ten years ago. So I want to reassess my list, especially with how many bangers have released the past few years that I hold dearly.

I dunno, my life is moving forward in a very positive way, and I loved certain games throughout my life and even during the peak of my depression, so I'm keen to see how I view them in a newer light as well.
I lied.

100 hours tonight baybeeeee

Also if I had to choose between Danganronpa 1-3 or Nonary 1-3, which would you recommend?

If you're also planning on buying them, make sure to buy the bundle(s).

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Halo Insider Updates (4/29) | Halo Insider | Forums | Halo - Official Site

"I can definitively say there won't be any public flights this month",

"[...] this is a really complicated project and we all agree that quality trumps everything else and we need to bring MCC to PC at the bar Halo fans and PC players expect and demand. That's turning out to be more challenging than first anticipated in some aspects while there's been great progress and work done in plenty of other areas ",

"We have an April Development Update blog just about ready for release (should be out no later than tomorrow afternoon) which will offer a bit more insight into how the project is going. Overall, it is progressing well and Reach is already pretty fun to play on a PC. We look forward to showing you first hand once we're closer to a final public flight start date. Until then, check back tomorrow for the update blog and we'll do our best to keep everyone informed and look for opportunities to address your questions along the way."

Oh well, here's hoping for a great release anyway.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Uh Oh.

32 of 151 items on my wishlist are on sale, and several that I actually want to .... gasp ... play. And that's before I start reading the "hey, look at this really interesting game that's on sale" posts that will appear all over.

This is not good, Must have self-control....
(adding Ni No Kuni 2 to cart...)

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Also if I had to choose between Danganronpa 1-3 or Nonary 1-3, which would you recommend?

If you're also planning on buying them, make sure to buy the bundle(s).
Personally i like both but would take DR over ZE if i had to choose, that said, here's the main differentiations.

The characters in Danganronpa aren't real people, they are more like extreme stereotypes, especially in game 2 and 3. The game also doesn't pretend any different, while it might sound negative, it's generally a cool, fun thing.
The same is also true for the overarching story that is zany as hell.

Zero Escape is a lot more grounded on the other hand. Still some stereotypes, but the characters are depicted more like real people than parodies thereof.
The story also is rather grouned (compared to DR that is), but goes a bit off the deep end at times as well.

Narratively, Danganronpa is mostly focusing on a bunch of individual murder mysteries per game (with some really incredible ones ) and an overarching mystery plot that goes places of weirdness in a very fun way.

Zero Time Dilemma on the other hand is much more focused on its overarching (mystery)plot that's a lot about (pseudo-)science, mathematical theorems, etc. very Science-ventury, that plot too can become pretty crazy, but wether or not that's a good thing comes down very much to whom you ask.

Furthermore, Danganronpa also has a lot of humor, some of it fairly dark, where as Zero Escape is much more serious.

Gameplaywise, Danganronpa consists mostly of minigames during trials, with some occasional light adventure game elements during crime scene ivnestigations, closest comparison is Ace Attorney, where as Zero Escape are much more classic puzzle games.

Essentially this boils down to
Crazy vs Grounded
Fun vs Serious
Murder Mysteries vs Science-venture.

Real answer tho, just buy both ez.

Also keep in mind that Danganronpa does this weird thing where the story of the first two games is concluded in an anime show while the third game has a new plot.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
bro...

FFIX with Moguri Mod Moguri Mod

And a CRT-style ReShade I've been tweaking. It's... amazing. I feel like a kid again and my favorite FF has never been better, holy heck.

(This is a heavy-duty 4K shot btw, about 28MB lol, given the size of these I think I'll only be able to share a few at a time. :sweaty-blob:)
One of the few FFs not on sale. Neither is Zodiac Age. :confounded-face:

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
bro...

FFIX with Moguri Mod Moguri Mod

And a CRT-style ReShade I've been tweaking. It's... amazing. I feel like a kid again and my favorite FF has never been better, holy heck.

(This is a heavy-duty 4K shot btw, about 28MB lol, given the size of these I think I'll only be able to share a few at a time. :sweaty-blob:)
Woah. That looks sublime.

Does the Steam version have that awful mobile UI like Chrono Trigger used to?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Uh Oh.

32 of 151 items on my wishlist are on sale, and several that I actually want to .... gasp ... play. And that's before I start reading the "hey, look at this really interesting game that's on sale" posts that will appear all over.

This is not good, Must have self-control....
(adding Ni No Kuni 2 to cart...)
Any interesting games in your backlog? You do have backlog don't you? You post on Neogaf Era Metacouncil, it's almost guaranteed. Buy 1, play an old one? That way the backlog never changes

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I lied.

100 hours tonight baybeeeee

Ha! Be careful with MHW. I too said I was about done with it and that was.. oh about 200 hours ago. :p

While I jump in a little less frequently I'm still finding enjoyment with it. And yeah, trying new weapons is a great way to change things up.

I dunno, my life is moving forward in a very positive way, and I loved certain games throughout my life and even during the peak of my depression, so I'm keen to see how I view them in a newer light as well.
Can't believe I missed this post on Saturday. It's great to hear that things are still on a positive track for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.