Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
So is this like a complete stealth drop? Don't recall hearing anything of its development.

$10 / -50% Day One discount sounds fair.

So, we have a new LudoNarraCon next week, with demos, streams, and deals.

I enjoyed previous events, so I'm looking forward to check out the upcoming one.

I'm not sure why I can't properly link to the post on the fellow traveller steam page, but do check the announcement below for more details on the participants, and the panels:

Nice. Looks like In Other Waters will have a demo.

Wonderful for exposure. Check it out, fools!

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Probably a matter of gameplay & style, things that are deliberately finicky to do in the original, from reloading manually with a sequence of keys to aiming your guns, are actually super easy and intuitive and natural when performed with real actions in VR, it's how pretty much any VR game with guns does it. It's like the opposite of people wanting to play VR games like Alyx out of VR, when the gunplay and everything else will be pretty meh without the manual action needed. Of course it'd be great if we did get a made for VR gun based rogue-lite in the style but I guess they didn't consider it at all, oh well. Maybe Crunch Element :)

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Why did y'all buy Xcom 2.5 already?
Just a technical correction: War of the Chosen was X-Com 2.5
This is X-Com, the petite standalone Complex. But hopefully not the terrible Hollywood adaption.

I bought it because Firaxis did a great job in bringing X-Com back. They evolved the series from X-Com to X-Com 2 and War of the Chosen. And this is a new, unknown smaller team, but Firaxis deserves a bit of benefit of the doubt. Especially as refunding on Steam is no problem at all.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I have no clue but lots of blocked links in here. Changed nothing and bam now getting this.

I can't find it in any of my addons either.

s9e.github.io
i believe that's the addon that is responsible for like 90% of the embeds on xenforo :p

what's wrong with it?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I wonder why the Remnant DLC is hitting PC before consoles which the trailer says "coming soon". Did it sell better on PC so they focused on PC first or is PC easier to patch?

I have the game on Steam, but haven't played it yet.
Souls like are popular on PC, perfect world is the publisher (more of a focus on PC?)
There was this one dev that did a GDC video and he mentioned that of the people that he watched, a big portion of them were "attracted to" (aka the store logo for that game caught their attention). It was also a top sellers for a while.

It's also likely a lot easier to patch things before time to just do it on PC first.

Like the video says it was a "sleeper hit", it came out without a lot of fan fare and sold rather decently (potentially somewhere between 300k-400k on Steam alone?). Would it come as a shock if the game still has not sold 1 million copies and that half of what it sold was on PC?

We can sort of compare it to Code Vein (vaguely similar, they released about a month or two apart). Code vein sold over 1 million copies with potentially PS4 being something like 40%-60% of total sales and then the rest would be PC and Xbox. PC would at least have sold 300k for Code Vein? Code Vein was also sort of a sleeper hit (although Bandai did do more to promote that came compared to Perfect World).
Part of why I don't find myself worrying about Elden Ring being an EGS exclusive + the fact that Bandai seems to love Steam, pretty much everything they are publishing is releasing on Steam.
Including stuff like idolm@ster and even stuff like Gundam (that is still Steam exclusive in the west....) that as of now is only set to release on PS4 and Steam

Last edited:
Reactions: Knurek and Kvik

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Crash Bandicoot is way more infuriating than I remembered :white-frowning-face:

Reactions: ISee

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Crash Bandicoot is way more infuriating than I remembered :white-frowning-face:
Crash 1 was silly difficult
Crash 2's at decent difficulty IMO
Crash 3 is easy and doable, but needed more platforming levels.

Honestly, I'd have settled for a more lenient control scheme at the least

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Nice. Looks like Stoneshard got its first big content update. And a mid-week discount to boot.

Time to dive back in.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
i had forgotten how wonderful the music in KR0 is. cant wait to replay act 3 again which may have one of the best music scenes in a game ever.

Reactions: lashman

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Crash 1 was silly difficult
Crash 2's at decent difficulty IMO
Crash 3 is easy and doable, but needed more platforming levels.

Honestly, I'd have settled for a more lenient control scheme at the least
I don't know if I'm going blind but seems like I have some problems with... depth perception? or something like that while playing this f*cking game

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Sayonara Wild Hearts is such a fun and good game. The music is glorious too, Even added 2 songs to my Spotify playlist.

One of them:

Seems to have done great on Steam too. 2,1k reviews.

Reactions: freshVeggie

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I don't know if I'm going blind but seems like I have some problems with... depth perception? or something like that while playing this f*cking game
They fucked up the physics and collisions.
Crash's hitbox is significantly smaller than it seems for platforms. But much larger for ennemies. People think it's because it's pill shaped... I don't know what it is, but it absolutely isn't correct. Play as Coco and it's more manageable, but also blatantly obvious that it's messed up: she can just floats in the void, slightly lower than platforms she's supposed to be standing on.
The same is true for inertia, which has nothing to do with the originals.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
The SoraVoice patch for Ao no Kiseki just got an update to add configurable Turbo and 60FPS! I need to test it more but after a quick boot the Turbo definitely works. I can't tell if the FPS is exactly 60 or not, but it's higher for sure.

The translation is still bad, but at least the frame rate isn't painful anymore.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I finally did a purge on my Steam wishlist, cutting about a hundred games out that I am sure I wouldnt play anyway. Now I have 54 games (still a lot tbh) that i would actually play. Feels good :)
I've managed to cut mine down to 470 from ~2,200. I don't think I can go any lower. I've gone through it a few times and tried deleting some more, but I don't want to delete anything. :notlikethisblob:

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
because BlindRhythm is too shy to mention it :p:

👀
Giving this one more quote to get some more eyes on it. :)

For those curious I'm doing a giveaway in the co-op thread to celebrate my one year anniversary on Meta. I'm giving away one $60 single player game of the winner's choosing and a $60 co-op game of another winner's choosing. Everyone is welcome to enter even if you've never checked out the Co-op Corner thread before.

Queen was also kind enough to donate a code for £40 to redeem on GMG.

I've taken inspiration from her generous giveaways and I'm using a similar system. Post a number and whether you're interested in the single player or co-op game and also if you would like a chance to get that code for GMG. I believe the next number would be 8.

Good luck to all who enter and don't worry if you do choose to enter for the co-op game, you're in no way obligated to play with folks unless you want to. :thumbsupblob:

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
In Arma 3 Apex: Old Man, you assume the role of a retired Legionnaire living on the South Pacific island of Tanoa. When a new strain of malaria causes yet another humanitarian crisis, and local authorities fail to distribute an effective vaccine to the civilian population, you're tipped off about a possible plot. Together with a former military contact, you attempt to avert a catastrophic power play in the region.
Free new scenario/mini-campaign as a free update. If you had the beta from the Steam Workshop before, you need to unsubscribe from it.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Ooooh I want this, semi-gaming related, though not Steam related.

New DLC is available for DJMAX, but I think Neowiz messed up linking it to the main page? You can only view it directly.

They had issues last time as well.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Durante

So I did manage to capture the weird bubble that forms around your character when you pan the camera. (Click to make bigger.)

It's like motion blur is being applied to everything but the character? Or is that indeed the TAA artifacting?

The lighting in this game is driving me nuts. It's otherwise quite enjoyable. But having nearly every edge in the game be accompanied by aliased neon lighting is... :notlikethisblob:

I gotta restart it though. I ended up thinking I could do better in character creation, also, I see there are mods for the game over on Nexus....

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The SoraVoice patch for Ao no Kiseki just got an update to add configurable Turbo and 60FPS! I need to test it more but after a quick boot the Turbo definitely works. I can't tell if the FPS is exactly 60 or not, but it's higher for sure.

The translation is still bad, but at least the frame rate isn't painful anymore.
Is it actually 60 FPS? Last I tried it just speeds up the game to produce twice as many frames, not interpolating existing animation to play at 60 FPS.

I wish Geofronts programmers could just release the source code to their patch for Zero and let people figure out how to apply it to Ao.

Reactions: QFNS

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Ori 2 escape sequences are still as bad as in original game :riggedblob2: (and tanks performance too, even in 1080p lol)

Reactions: Nabs

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Durante

So I did manage to capture the weird bubble that forms around your character when you pan the camera. (Click to make bigger.)

It's like motion blur is being applied to everything but the character? Or is that indeed the TAA artifacting?

The lighting in this game is driving me nuts. It's otherwise quite enjoyable. But having nearly every edge in the game be accompanied by aliased neon lighting is... :notlikethisblob:

I gotta restart it though. I ended up thinking I could do better in character creation, also, I see there are mods for the game over on Nexus....
Barf. :h02puke: :h02puke: :h02puke: :h02puke: :h02puke:

I hate Motion blur so goddamn much, literally the first thing i do when starting a new game is disabling it.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I finally did a purge on my Steam wishlist, cutting about a hundred games out that I am sure I wouldnt play anyway. Now I have 54 games (still a lot tbh) that i would actually play. Feels good :)
I've managed to cut mine down to 470 from ~2,200. I don't think I can go any lower. I've gone through it a few times and tried deleting some more, but I don't want to delete anything. :notlikethisblob:
Yeah i recently trimmed the old wishlist down a bit....to 284.

And this is a terrific argument as to why games, even very good games will struggle in this day and age. Its not the amount of 'bloat' games on Steam. Its the amount of quality games on Steam. When a game releases today its competing (for my money) with 284 other games that i have my eye on.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Barf. :h02puke: :h02puke: :h02puke: :h02puke: :h02puke:

I hate Motion blur so goddamn much, literally the first thing i do when starting a new game is disabling it.
I like all the cinematic effects, including blur, at least when they're done right. :thinking-face:

Even CA can be a tasteful artistic addition that I don't mind (as in Life Is Strange)... but BAMCO is fuckin' nuts with it. All their UE4 games I tried so far just BLEED CA. Honestly, BAMCO kinda is weird with all of UE4's post-processing. Too much blur, too much CA, max-allowable AF = 8 via in-game settings (you can set it to 16 via engine.ini edit), they apparently used the low-tier TAA that UE4 provides when they could have used a better version (that UE4 also provides).

... I don't really get them.

I got an engine.ini edit that's crazy long and that you can practically copy and paste from UE4 game to UE4 game. Though it does increase performance cost quite a bit, and it disallows texture streaming (which forces games to load them all at once when you enter a new area.) So not recommended for low VRAM cards. (In theory you sacrfice some load time to claw back some performance by not having to stream textures later.)

FunnyJay