Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

For what it's worth, I did my part on day one of the campaign. I stopped backing games after the Epic debacle (not as a direct response, it just came natural) but I had to make an exception for this and Gamedec.
Same here. ;)

Both are games I have been following for some time (especially Chinatown Detective Agency), so I made a couple of exceptions.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Gematsu also heard from one source familiar with ongoings at Capcom about the development of a Resident Evil 4 remake at M-Two and a first-person Resident Evil 8 due out in 2021, as well as that Resident Evil 8 will feature PlayStation VR support like its predecessor.

If it doesn't support PCVR Im gonna flip some shit. Mainly because PSVR is so much worse in comparison to PCVR in terms of technology.

Reactions: PC-tan

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
And that was Doom Eternal, what a blast! 16 hours in Normal difficulty (yup) and all collectibles collected, toys, music, codes, lore.... and wow, I totally enjoyed it, the more power you have, the more brutal it gets, tbh, while I don't consider it the best shooter ever made nor the one that should be followed from now on (it's maybe too arcade for me) the lore, the maps, the feeling of the guns, HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Absolutely amazing.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
3 weeks of isolation and my country only has 16 cases, and they're talking about extending to till may.....

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
Journey was pure trash, i regret buying that shit, especially since i paid full price when it came out. Played for an hour and finished it, and i was like, that's it ?

And no i didn't cry, nor did i experience something magnificent that changed my life. Should have known that that garbage was only hyped to heavens because it was exclusive to Sony like most of their shit ass games, sorry, "life changing experiences".

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I quite liked Crysis 2 back in the day, 3 did nothing for me though.

Journey is a wonderful game, such a relaxing and beautiful experience.

Reactions: Arsene

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Since there's a few posters sharing pics of their characters from Code Vein, I figured why not make a topic about sharing pics of custom characters in general. ^^

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The first Crysis is one of my favorite games of all time, so I welcome a remaster as long as it's done properly.

Crysis 2 and 3 were such letdowns I wish they never existed. I heavily dislike them.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I won't go that far, but I'll certainly say it's very overrrated.
I think it's a wonderful game, but it's also a game that is designed to elicit the imagination, to present suggestive ideas and atmospheres that are as much of a mirror to the player's mind as it is about its own narrative.

Of course, journalists had a field day yelling "Citizen Kane" from the rooftops. I loved Journey, but it is definitively overhyped. I'm still very happy to be able to play it the way it's meant to be played, on PC :).

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The music, the graphics, the gameplay, it's all so good in Ori 2, definetly a big improvement over the first game.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
It is.

But I have oil money and I don't like to rent games. :p
Can I have some of that oil money to buy a high-tier gpu? 😋

I don't like renting games as well. But I like supporting a 18% price increase for AAA games even less. I know I sound like a broken record, but if pc gamers show Microsoft they are fine with this, there's a 99.99% chance that other publishers will increase their prices as well.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I forget who it was (maybe it was someone from ERA?) but it now seems that with the new Steam beta app you can use touch controls on a Windows tablet for remote play at least. So sort of what they wanted???

I am still playing Nier and well side quest do reveal more of the story.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
There's been a 4chan leak regarding some Xbox stuff, Shinobi and Klobrille points out that it might be some truth to it. Im not gonna post the link as I don't particularly like 4chan, so I will post just the text;

There will be two "next generation" Xbox digital events in the next two months.

The one in May will be pretty much like a proper console reveal event, but it'll have selected "showcase" game announcements/demos as well.

The one in June will be their replacement for E3. Show packed with games.

The exact form of these two is still being worked on as we speak. It'll be live streamed video content though.

There will be tons of new games by Xbox first-party. Big guns. Medium games. A few smaller ones. Their new games are sharing a lot of tech, built for UE4. From water to PBR, GI, procedural systems with optimized Houdini access, VRS optimizations, physical vegetation systems etc., the teams try to share tech to accelerate development.

Fable is one of these showcase games. A fantasy monster. I haven't seen it personally, but I got told it looks beautiful. They try to build the whole fantasy world with hand-crafted photogrammetry, yet the world will throw in a mix of procerural generation for bigger scale. Complete RPG systems in place, focus on great third-person fights and fluid animations. From the sounds of it, I expect the game to hit in 2022.

Big exclusive new IP coming from a Japanese studio. No further details known.

Halo Infinite has a huge open-world you can explore, yet the story missions themselves are linear to still be able to progress through the story in a more classic way. Optional exploration. It's a much more ambitious campaign this time around, not your usual 6-9 hours Halo campaign. They are doing one very bold move for multiplayer, which will surprise people, but this move has the potential bring Halo MP back among the top played games on Xbox.

Obsidian - OMG Obsidian!

FM gets a complete reboot. Internal retooling of ForzaTech happened during the last few years already. Engine in position for next-gen now.

Further reboots coming. Just a tease of what's to come.

The next two months are going to be fire. Phil not holding back.
Looks like MS is giving us Steam/PC/Xbox folks something to eat. Very curious about Obsidian, Fable and the Japanese game.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
i just realized today since it had been forever between releases and i never even did KR0 ep 4. plus steam achievements were added so i guess i know what im going to do this week

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
There's been a 4chan leak regarding some Xbox stuff, Shinobi and Klobrille points out that it might be some truth to it. Im not gonna post the link as I don't particularly like 4chan, so I will post just the text;

Looks like MS is giving us Steam/PC/Xbox folks something to eat. Very curious about Obsidian, Fable and the Japanese game.
I'm guessing that it might be coming either from SEGA or from Bandai (maybe even Capcom, but it likely will end up being one of those other 2).

Who else is there? unless they did something crazy like talk to Cygames or something like that.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
because BlindRhythm is too shy to mention it :p:

👀

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
My GF and I are isolated from each other and have been since the 17th of march. This gets solved next month but I'd like to share with you an activity we've been doing, gaming wise.

She helps me with Hidden Object games! I share my screen with her, while on a video call and we work on finding things and solving mysteries together.

And we might even get to the third one.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
because BlindRhythm is too shy to mention it :p:

👀
Haha! Thanks for the mention and linking that! Wanted to get the word out asap and wasn't sure how soon I'd get the chance. :LOL:

But hey, it does stick with the theme of the thread. Teamwork! :highfiveblob:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Trisolarian Fanatical often have Hidden Object Bundles for a couple of quid. Some are old and dreadful but there's usually a couple of decent to great ones making it worth it.

At the moment they have:

15 for £3.69

9 for £2.29

8 for £1.99
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm kinda selective when it comes to point and click..... Maybe too selective.

The genre needs more sci fi and horror stories. (THERE are a few sci fi point and click games/series)

Status
Not open for further replies.