Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
There's been a 4chan leak regarding some Xbox stuff, Shinobi and Klobrille points out that it might be some truth to it. Im not gonna post the link as I don't particularly like 4chan, so I will post just the text;
There will be two "next generation" Xbox digital events in the next two months.

The one in May will be pretty much like a proper console reveal event, but it'll have selected "showcase" game announcements/demos as well.

The one in June will be their replacement for E3. Show packed with games.

Shattered by someone or something.

Don’t tell me you don’t see it.

Look up at the sky!

It burns.

The Elden Ring

Ohhh, Elden Ring

Gameplay reveal and release date pls

Also IGN is doing some digital events thing with Bamco scheduled to show something in June.

:)

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
whats the difference? and whats a vertical slice?
One, changes can be made to the game based on demo feedback. Also, undeserving games can't rack up sales because gamers have no idea what the game is like.
Vertical slices is generally closer to a working prototype that showcases each aspect of the game - each mechanic working on a small scale. It's not really what demos are now, but demos don;t even showcase that much now. My description might not have been terribly accurate in retroaspect

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
So uh, I tried HITMAN 2 during easter break. It's kind of fun. I always thought the social stealth is an interesting concept which AssCred failed to do, but HITMAN excels at it. I like that you don't have to kill using a gun at all (at least in the prologue). I didn't get that impression at all from the trailers I've seen in the past. I hope the main missions are varied enough so I can avoid using firearms.

Also, 2x supersampling is expensive. I can barely hold on to 60fps. on 1080Ti. :dana_fear: It sure looks pretty, though.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
So uh, I tried HITMAN 2 during easter break. It's kind of fun. I always thought the social stealth is an interesting concept which AssCred failed to do, but HITMAN excels at it. I like that you don't have to kill using a gun at all (at least in the prologue). I didn't get that impression at all from the trailers I've seen in the past. I hope the main missions are varied enough so I can avoid using firearms.

Also, 2x supersampling is expensive. I can barely hold on to 60fps. on 1080Ti. :dana_fear: It sure looks pretty, though.
Nice. Do you have to download Hitman 1 to play the first games missions in 2? I have Hitman 1 but never played it, Humble is giving out 2 this month...

Reactions: Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Nice. Do you have to download Hitman 1 to play the first games missions in 2? I have Hitman 1 but never played it, Humble is giving out 2 this month...
No, I didn't have to download Hitman 1. But I do need to uncheck all the DLCs from Hitman 1, and then start up Hitman 2 in online mode, then quit the game. Steam will then start downloading about 31GB of update which contains the Hitman 1 missions.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
No, I didn't have to download Hitman 1. But I do need to uncheck all the DLCs from Hitman 1, and then start up Hitman 2 in online mode, then quit the game. Steam will then start downloading about 31GB of update which contains the Hitman 1 missions.
You don't need to uncheck the dlcs for Hitman 1. Hitman 2 will check your steam account if you own anything from the first game on startup

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
You don't need to uncheck the dlcs for Hitman 1. Hitman 2 will check your steam account if you own anything from the first game on startup
:dana_think: I think you might be right. Maybe I just need to turn on online mode. Steam definitely didn't start downloading the update before then.
I know what I'm installing tonight. :dana_bed:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
:dana_think: I think you might be right. Maybe I just need to turn on online mode. Steam definitely didn't start downloading the update before then.
I know what I'm installing tonight. :dana_bed:
Hitman 1 and 2 require Steam in online mode if you want to unlock items and all progress. So it's no wonder if Hitman 2 wasn't able to detect Hitman 1 content

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
From what I've seen on reddit comments, people are not aware that Journey has available for a year on EGS lol.
That's correct, most people I know didn't even know about it until Steam announcement, tells us something, right? lol

Weird question, but why does my sound "pop" every time I load a page on metacouncil?
Weird, I don't have that "pop" that you seem to experience, maybe it's your browser?

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
That's correct, most people I know didn't even know about it until Steam announcement, tells us something, right? lol

Weird, I don't have that "pop" that you seem to experience, maybe it's your browser?
It's hard to notice, I use headphones but not listening to anything, its like a sound component fires up but doesnt play anything and then closes.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Is this new FO 76: Wastelanders thing a typical mmo expansion? Where I have to be a certain level, did the previous "part" to be able to jump in or is it a fresh start?

The game suddenly appeared in my Steam library.

Deleted member 113

My GF and I are isolated from each other and have been since the 17th of march. This gets solved next month but I'd like to share with you an activity we've been doing, gaming wise.

She helps me with Hidden Object games! I share my screen with her, while on a video call and we work on finding things and solving mysteries together.

(...)

And we might even get to the third one.

If you want a copy of Enigmatis 3, drop me a private message.
I'm pretty sure I have an unredeemed copy.

I tried sending it to you, but your profile doesn't allow PM to be sent to you. ;)

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Is this new FO 76: Wastelanders thing a typical mmo expansion? Where I have to be a certain level, did the previous "part" to be able to jump in or is it a fresh start?

The game suddenly appeared in my Steam library.
Looks like they have added a lots of things to the game, not only NPCs with story but also changed the map here and there, added enemies, factions, etc...

Reactions: ISee

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Trisolarian I don’t suppose she has a PC too, but if that’s the case there are games pretty suited to your situation. I’m thinking about the ‘We were there’ series. There is also ‘Keep talking‘ something something, were one player have access to the bomb defusing manual and the other must do the actual defusing. Surely a little too frantic and far from your example, your specific situation just made me think about those games.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Uh, is the insane color banding and Chromatic Aberration supposed to be a part of Code Vein? Also the fact that nearly every edge seems to be lit/outlined when literally any lightsource is around?

I can disable CA with engine.ini edit, but the color banding?

Finally, if you pan the camera around your character there is a bubble of sorts. Like, where motion blur doesn't apply or maybe it's the TAA ghosting? I'm so confused.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Also the fact that nearly every edge seems to be lit/outlined when literally any lightsource is around?
That's just part of the art style I think.

Finally, if you pan the camera around your character there is a bubble of sorts. Like, where motion blur doesn't apply or maybe it's the TAA ghosting? I'm so confused.
Hard to say just from the description, but it might be TAA artifacting.

Reactions: kio and 「Echo」

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
That's just part of the art style I think.

Hard to say just from the description, but it might be TAA artifacting.
I'll try to grab some screens when next I can. My next day off work isn't 'til Friday though. I think the lighting I'm seeing on all the edges is called "rim lighting" but I'm just surprised at how aggressive it is I guess? Like even concrete/stone edges and things that normally wouldn't reflect light do it. It's super prone to aliasing as well, I've got the game rendering at 150% of 1800p and my GPU is sweating, but super sampling seems to be the only thing that helps.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Guilty Gear Strive isn't your daddy's Guilty Gear, hell it's not even your GRANDdaddy's Guilty Gear

Like OK Roman Cancels are still in, but the core gameplay seems much easier to get into for casuals and newbies than in previous games.

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Guilty Gear Strive isn't your daddy's Guilty Gear, hell it's not even your GRANDdaddy's Guilty Gear

Like OK Roman Cancels are still in, but the core gameplay seems much easier to get into for casuals and newbies than in previous games.
Newbies are just going to get destroyed even harder when a braindead Fafnir combo into a Wild Throw is an entire fucking round.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I recently started playing Sunset Overdrive. Feels like a lost sequel to Saints Row 3, right in the middle of it and the total madness of 4. Having fun so far, although I wish there was less combat. Here's hoping I can become so powerful that fights are quick enough.

Deleted member 113

So, we have a new LudoNarraCon next week, with demos, streams, and deals.

I enjoyed previous events, so I'm looking forward to check out the upcoming one.

I'm not sure why I can't properly link to the post on the fellow traveller steam page, but do check the announcement below for more details on the participants, and the panels:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
So, we have a new LudoNarraCon next week, with demos, streams, and deals.

I enjoyed previous events, so I'm looking forward to check out the upcoming one.

I'm not sure why I can't properly link to the post on the fellow traveller steam page, but do check the announcement below for more details on the participants, and the panels:

Last year's edition (the first one for LudoNarraCom) was amazing and with great potential, the data that came after the event (in terms of visibility and participation) was really interesting, this piece of news is AMAZING!!!!

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I am so dumb, I should have bought Fallout 76 over the weekend from a cheap site and linked my account for the Steam version. Of course Bethesda launches on Steam at "full price" for a 1.5 year old game. At least Metro and Borderlands 3 had 50% off when they came to Steam.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I have no clue but lots of blocked links in here. Changed nothing and bam now getting this.

I can't find it in any of my addons either.

s9e.github.io

Reactions: Arsene

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I am so dumb, I should have bought Fallout 76 over the weekend from a cheap site and linked my account for the Steam version. Of course Bethesda launches on Steam at "full price" for a 1.5 year old game. At least Metro and Borderlands 3 had 50% off when they came to Steam.
I feel the same way, I didn't know that you would also get the other Fallout games if you got Thai game at launch. So even though it would have cost me about $15USD or so I would have gotten some other games and then the game itself would have maybe been something like $10USD? So do you get Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics?

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I feel the same way, I didn't know that you would also get the other Fallout games if you got Thai game at launch. So even though it would have cost me about $15USD or so I would have gotten some other games and then the game itself would have maybe been something like $10USD? So do you get Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics?
Oh I didnt even know you got those free. I have every Fallout game on Steam already, I just wanted to try 76 "single player" for a reasonable price.
edit.

Wait they extended to April 28th Fallout 76 – Special Steam Offers so maybe I can find a cheap key for bethesda launcher!

Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yeah I got Fallout 2 and Tactics, already had 1.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I wonder why the Remnant DLC is hitting PC before consoles which the trailer says "coming soon". Did it sell better on PC so they focused on PC first or is PC easier to patch?

I have the game on Steam, but haven't played it yet.

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
I wonder why the Remnant DLC is hitting PC before consoles which the trailer says "coming soon". Did it sell better on PC so they focused on PC first or is PC easier to patch?

I have the game on Steam, but haven't played it yet.
Probably both. Souls-like games seem to be doing very well on PC.

Reactions: PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.