Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
  • Fixed download progress not displaying on the taskbar
I actually missed this. Sure, in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal, but nice to have it back.

Now there is only one thing needed for perfection:

* Steam notifications show up in the windows notification bar.
Absolutely. The whole notification behaviour of Steam is a bit strange.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I actually missed this. Sure, in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal, but nice to have it back.
Indeed. I'm surprised they got to it after losing it for a few years. Maybe they're reading 👀

Reactions: ISee and lashman

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
On a random note:

Probably done with my switch after I but Smash Brother fighter pass #2 and TWEWY and animal crossing

Dear godalmighty motherfucker, playing FPS on this console is legit insanity. You would have to be some galaxy brain genius to do it.

Smash Brothers is such a bore to play after about 30 minutes SP and paying for Nintendo online to have access to VC should had a fuckton more pushback then it did

Also playing it for 30 minutes is the most fun I've ever at throwing shit onto a wall, I genuinely hate the scoring hate it hate it hate it. I would rather then do stock lives then whatever the alternative.

Also fuck the untitled goose game! I"VE GOT ALL THE OTHER OBJECTIVES UNLOCKED and EVEN A NEW PLACE UNLOCKED OH FFS put on your GODDAMN SUNHAT FARMER!!!!!! :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Also paying to play fucking Smash Brothers online is fuckin nuts and honey to be honest (I've been spoiled by steam's free multiplayer but by god if I wanted to pay to miserable and feel like an abject failure I'd play dark souls.) ALSO HOLY CRAP THERE IS A TON OF FUCKING CHARACTERS cut the fat, next time Sakurai

Love Nintendo to pieces but really paying for online smash brothers and fucking virtual console holy shit insane

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
My quarantined brain combined with the stress of having no stimulus check has made doubt if sometimes the words coming out of my mouth make sense

If I could make an emoji it would just be a .gif of burning pallets with cthlulu in the distance

I may need a bear hug :___:
At least I unlocked Little Mac so I won't sell my switch

PAUNCHY PAUNCHY PAUNCHY

Reactions: freshVeggie

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
$20USD for Fallout 76 is not bad right?
On a random note:

Probably done with my switch after I but Smash Brother fighter pass #2 and TWEWY and animal crossing

Dear godalmighty motherfucker, playing FPS on this console is legit insanity. You would have to be some galaxy brain genius to do it.

Smash Brothers is such a bore to play after about 30 minutes SP and paying for Nintendo online to have access to VC should had a fuckton more pushback then it did

Also playing it for 30 minutes is the most fun I've ever at throwing shit onto a wall, I genuinely hate the scoring hate it hate it hate it. I would rather then do stock lives then whatever the alternative.

Also fuck the untitled goose game! I"VE GOT ALL THE OTHER OBJECTIVES UNLOCKED and EVEN A NEW PLACE UNLOCKED OH FFS put on your GODDAMN SUNHAT FARMER!!!!!! :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Also paying to play fucking Smash Brothers online is fuckin nuts and honey to be honest (I've been spoiled by steam's free multiplayer but by god if I wanted to pay to miserable and feel like an abject failure I'd play dark souls.) ALSO HOLY CRAP THERE IS A TON OF FUCKING CHARACTERS cut the fat, next time Sakurai

Love Nintendo to pieces but really paying for online smash brothers and fucking virtual console holy shit insane
I could be wrong but I think someone in the past pointed out that Dark Souls for N/S requires that you pay for online which is dumb for a number of reasons. One of those being that back when (beta?) demo came out for that game you need to have Nintendo Online to even play the game (and people defended it by saying, hey just try out the free trail..... why would you waste a free trail at the very beginning when the service has almost nothing to offer and then not be able to use that later on). I don't think that the PS4 had you pay to do the Dark Souls Remaster server test thing or what ever (PC didn't the server test but did get the game like 4 days earlier or something like that) but yet the N/S had you pay in order to be able to take part.

Supposedly the N/S version of Dark Souls Remaster still uses the node system that the game already has and was not using any online servers or things of that nature from Nintendo. So why were people having to pay then in order to be able to still keep on playing.

I do hope that one of the things that people will call out Nintendo out on is if games like say Pokemon Sword and Shield have online taken down in the next 10 years. So if before 2030 Nintendo says something like we have to take down Sword and Shield because not a lot of people are using the service or something, then why are people even paying for Nintendo Online. With the DS Pokemon games will no longer do online stuff and those services have been shut down and in a way it make sense seeing how Nintendo does not really have an intensive to keep those around. The 3DS games look like they are next (and there are already some online features for them that have been taken down and people also defended that by saying that most people likely were not even using those features to begin with and well fare enough since Nintendo was not charging money for that. I don't have a Wii U but I would imagine that its online features will at some point go all offline as well. But with the N/S if servers for say even first party Nintendo games went offline then what are people even paying for that service for? Or is it that they saw that MS and Sony have been able to get away with it that they also decided to do that themselves?

Nintendo Online just feels so outdated and just the online features are not that great, Nintendo is at least updating stuff for the N/S (button rebinding being a thing they just did this week) so maybe there is still hope?? We have at least come a long way because from what I recall back when Pokemon X and Y came out and Nintendo released the Poke Bank (which you had to pay for, but sure why not.) the eshop for the 3DS was down for a few hours/days? Just because it was not designed to handle that much of a load of people accessing at one time and downloading something.

I don't think I have mentioned it here but don't do Animal Crossing online with Random people (sure they can mess with your island and what not) because of the way that the game handles online...... what year is this. Nobody can talk when a new person comes to the island and all of this other stuff. So if say it was just a few people that were going to be on the island for at least an hour or something like that then things are not really that bad. I spent maybe 30+ plus minutes on this one persons island on reddit, the worst part was trying to leave because you can't move!!!!!!!!!! I would vaguely compare it to an online games that reset the online match when ever the host leaves and then you have to start all over again. But sort of imagine it being the opposite and then when ever some one either enter the matched or left the match that you would all be sent back to that beginning pre-match overview screen and if you wanted to leave you best be hoping that nobody else was coming or going because you would get hit with a dialogue box telling you to please close the chat box and not to go into any menu options or anything like that. It was an experience..... and one that I hope I will never have to experience again....

I could be wrong but doesn't this game make use of BlueStack? I wonder how that is working out for them. I don't think I have heard a lot of talk from either them or from DMM about expanding to the west.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm still playing through Nier G, I have completed over 85% of the quest now. I was able to grow a white flower as well. I now have multiple seeds for it so I might just grow a lot of them and just sell them if I ever run into money issues. Since the flowers sell for 5k and the seeds are 500 a piece.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Sony would be kinda dumb not to put Days Gone on PC. It didn't review well so its never gonna sell as well as their more popular exclusives. Its an open world zombie shooter so selling an extra couple million copies on steam and that would be great for Bend.

And also its Unreal Engine so they could port it to PC in a few days time. It should be so much easier to do than Horizon and Death Stranding.

I platinumed Bloodborne so I wouldn't be too excited to run through that game again but Days gone I would pick up. Its been as low as 20$ on ps4 for months now but I still don't want to play open world games on consoles until next gen arrives with better cpu/ram.

Reactions: PC-tan

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Homefront The Revolution is a far better game than the trainwreck everyone talked about. It has its fair number of glitches, including getting stuck in the floor, falling thru it and enemies spawning right next to you, but the combat is solid and the customization aspect is well done.

And there are 2 stages of an older console FPS called Timesplitters 2 on a certain place of the endgame, which wasn't bad at all.

Last edited:

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
I'm finishing up DOOM Eternal and my second Half-Life: Alyx campaign.

I started NEO Scavenger recently. On my first game I was immediately attacked by a feral dog, barely managed to survive, only to be shot by a looter right after. My second game was going pretty well until Blue Frog Cultists... And I was horribly ambushed one night on my previous game.

My current game is going pretty well, I just need to find a (right) shoe for my right foot.

How do you like my stylin' backpack?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.