Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Crazy that the 3060 ti and 3090 have about the same share.

Nvidia assembly line must be dead atm lol.
This actually tracks pretty well - my local Microcenter has been keeping a running total of how many of each card has shown up in stock; around the same amount of 3060 tis were sold as 3090s. 3070s and 3080s are the most common card - though it's a little early to say how 3060 stock will end up looking like in the long run.

As you can see, this also shines a light on how well AMD have been stocking their own cards. Besides for the 6700xt launch, they've been doing much, much worse compared to nVidia. Only 3 6900xts at the store this month, and at least one of those was open-box returned.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
A bit higher FOV is completely normal if you are using a monitor (though less sensible if you do play on a large TV with some distance to the screen), but I never understood people raising that FOV slider until they go full fish eye.
Clearly we've not been pc gaming long enough to know the added benefits

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Jank is a positive thing for me :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Most of the jank came from the base game, Skyrim as it still has vanilla animation and combat. Everything else is different and/or a huge upgrade, from worldbuilding and writing, to brand new gameplay system and mechanics. For example, you need books to learn skills (weapon, armor, crafting, etc), and then there's a new way to learn spells/abilities. Quest design is quite varied, some quests have the regular marker, while some others give you nothing at all but a clue from an NPC or some notes. Enderal integrated a lot of common mods already so you should be good without additional mods. Personally, I use a few QoL change mods and a combat mod to make it more fun.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I am really liking Yakuza 5! But little sad that it seems it will be like 4 where you play different characters, would prefer to just play as Kiryu.

Also saw that Yakuza 6 is only 30fps on Series S so need to wait for fps patch for that one, so maybe time to finally play 0 after 5.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This project just released a demo. It looks pretty damn great but why a demake instead of new fan stuff? Also they got a demo out of x years of work so I guess it's never getting done, but will also get a c&d now to justify it. It doesn't support gamepads atm, it's keyboard and mouse for 360 degree aiming only (I guess it'd be like a twin stick shooter if it did support it). The video shows most of it, there was no official trailer, so if you intend to play it don't watch it all.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Steam forums man, I fucking love those! The solution to get Pathfinder working on Mac? Waiting like 20 minutes for it to start haha! I would have never thought to wait that long but sure enough it did start! And runs buttery smooth maxed! I'm so happy!
Wonder what the game is doing for those twenty minutes?

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I mean, Mac is terrible at gaming. A colleague of mine at a school literally had to use her work laptop that had Windows because her own personal Mac was really bad at games despite costing far more than her work laptop.

Valve and other devs have complained many times that Apple is somewhat even preventing gaming to be better on Mac. It's one thing for Apple to not care about gaming on Mac, it's another thing to somewhat directly work to prevent it.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I mean, Mac is terrible at gaming. A colleague of mine at a school literally had to use her work laptop that had Windows because her own personal Mac was really bad at games despite costing far more than her work laptop.

Valve and other devs have complained many times that Apple is somewhat even preventing gaming to be better on Mac. It's one thing for Apple to not care about gaming on Mac, it's another thing to somewhat directly work to prevent it.
That was intentional. Apple had their own plan for gaming on their platform, the Arcade. I think it's quite popular nowadays, and still growing.

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Apple had their own plan for gaming on their platform, the Arcade.
Arcade came a couple of years ago.

Apple themselves were never into gaming ever since the new Mac in early 2000s, and because of their closed wall garden approach, developers had a very hard time making/porting games for it.

Reactions: lashman and Durante

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I mean no one is buying a Mac for gaming, so sure it's not the main focus for Apple, but with them doing their own processor opens up a lot, for example it is no possible to run iOS games on a Mac. And I do think Apple Arcade is great in the same way I think game pass is great.

For awhile Mac got lots of ports on Steam but it has slowed down but I do think we will see more of them again, especially indie games that are on iOS also, shouldn't be that big of an issue to port them over to MacOS, the question is though if those ports also come to Steam. Which I really hope.
Apple users really have no other choice.
Well we do have Steam, and looking at my library, about 25% of it works on Mac.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Would be strange not to give the user some feedback though. At least a generic loading bar shouldn't be hard to write.
I agree, but then again it runs on Mac which probably was judged by Owlcat as not being worth the trouble. It's also unclear what the problem was, I only hazarded a guess.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
This project just released a demo. It looks pretty damn great but why a demake instead of new fan stuff? Also they got a demo out of x years of work so I guess it's never getting done, but will also get a c&d now to justify it. It doesn't support gamepads atm, it's keyboard and mouse for 360 degree aiming only (I guess it'd be like a twin stick shooter if it did support it). The video shows most of it, there was no official trailer, so if you intend to play it don't watch it all.
That's impressive, though I don't think it will ever be finished as posting a video of a Nintendo fan game is asking to receive a C&D from them. :/

• This!
Reactions: lashman and Stevey

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
One of these games published by Humble, most likely Popup Dungeon or Ikenfell:

I would also list a few PC Game Pass suspects, which have never been bundled. I would say HyperDot is a good candidate for bundle fodder.

If it's going to be Dragon Quest XI then it better be the (not really the superior) Definitive Edition

• Sad
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Didn't watch yet but I can't say I disagree with the title. There is a huge elephant in the room in the industry, where license is concerned. Everybody know they are just buying a limited time license for games, and not the games themselves, but it never went further than TOS. If you are indeed going to treat game purchases as just 'licenses', as is your right I suppose, don't be surprised if things go poorly with some people.
Pushback, bad PR and goodwill, and a subset of people asking themselves why they bought all these 'licenses'.

I'm not a collector but for the sake of this argument: we collect games, not licenses that one day just go poof.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Humble Choice tomorrow. Any guesses?
Maybe Resident Evil 7? Although I have the feeling it will be part of May since its the month Village will be released.
I really like past Month. I prefer a good variaty of balanced games like Elex, COntrol and Chimera instead of one AAA and the rest fillers.

No way DQXI is part of Choice lol.

Reactions: Cacher

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Modern game industry as found a pretty good balance between profit and customer satisfaction, seemingly by pure luck. And it now looks like it tries its darnedest to fuck this balance for its sole good. That's very short sighted and could bite them in the ass some day.

I'm afraid I don't feel that obligated to give my money to pubs or devs. I have no ill will toward people providing for my entertainment, but life is really though and all point to it becoming even harder in the comings years. When I buy something, this has an implicit meaning for me that goes past just a purchase, this is goodwill among other things, this is me acknowledging that you worked on it and I don't want to rob you of your work.

But, afraid there is always a but, the day one of my important game libraries goes poof, is the day I stop collecting games and start collecting hard drives. Simple as that.

Reactions: lashman and Swenhir

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Oh wow I'm pretty damn impressed with RosettaStone, apples thingie that one can run x86 code on M1. I tried Life is Strange 2 and I can run it at 1080p with high settings and get 40fps! Huge jump from what I was playing it at before in bootcamp on my MBP.

See lashman, that is something even you could approve of!:D

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Oh wow I'm pretty damn impressed with RosettaStone, apples thingie that one can run x86 code on M1. I tried Life is Strange 2 and I can run it at 1080p with high settings and get 40fps! Huge jump from what I was playing it at before in bootcamp on my MBP.

See lashman, that is something even you could approve of!:D
I would approve if these motherfuckers brought a way to emulate x86 on iOS. Talk about libraries going the way of the dodo...

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I would approve if these motherfuckers brought a way to emulate x86 on iOS. Talk about libraries going the way of the dodo...
What do you mean? Has iPhone ever had x86 processor? Or you just want to emulate old pc stuff on them?

Because I tried GTA Chinatown wars today and it ran just fine! I bought that in 2010 for iPhone 3G or iPhone 4.

• Eyes
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
What do you mean? Has iPhone ever had x86 processor? Or you just want to emulate old pc stuff on them?

Because I tried GTA Chinatown wars today and it ran just fine! I bought that in 2010 for iPhone 3G or iPhone 4.
Err, did I show my noob side here ? :cat-pizza-blob:
I wanted to say bring a way to emulate the stuff pre-iOSpocalypse.

Reactions: Le Pertti
Status
Not open for further replies.