Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
PC-tan According to google translate of this page:

Square Enix - NieR Replicant JP Announcement

"NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 ..." For the initial production of the PlayStation®4 package version (scheduled to be included in the product code) and the early purchase of the download version (until May 31, 2021) , the following Benefits are included."
The articles i've looked at so far just say "There's a new rerelease of NieR and the First-Run Editions get this stuff." and don't specify digital only or not for the Theme and Avatars. I expect there's a code or it detects the disk install or something. Dunno yet, sorry.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im really liking Ghostrunner, it's pretty fun. After Ghostrunner I will consider taking a break from going through my backlog. Got a shitload of "endless" games I wanna play like strategy games, roguelikes, management/factory games, card games etc. that I never really get to play because I focus on my backlog all the time.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
I mean they bought a PS5 knowing full well Gamepass existed, how is that fucked up? If they care that much about Gamepass should have bought an Xbox then?
I'm sure MS would have no problem with having Game Pass on the Playstation. Phil Spencer did say something along the lines of future Bethesda games will be on platforms where Game Pass exist so the ball is in Sony's court.

After seeing It Takes Two getting big I decided to check it out. I didn't realise that It Takes Two is a weeb game. Does this mean I HAVE to get it?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I started playing Metal Gear Rising again today, after quitting it last time a few years back. This time, after watching on Youtube how to enable dodging and how to properly parry, this game is ... really good.
It's a shame the actual game teaches you so little about how to play it. There's the barest tutorial and it really doesn't spend much time on the parry, when it's easily the most important mechanic in the game. Hell, the Zandatsu mechanic doesn't even get mentioned outside of a codec call. I didn't even know you could manually use blade mode to determine the angle at which you can cut. It's crazy that you need an external video to learn about this.

I know Platinum had to finish this game in record time, but I really feel this game would be way more accessible if they could have spend more time actually explaining things to you.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
First Day playing Thighza.

Am I doing it right?

Why does she have an alchemists belt when she isn't even an alchemist yet? trash game! :/
Yeah you're doing it thigh!

Btw for the ahegao hoodie guy, there's the possibility that he didn't get what it was representing? I have no idea honestly, but it's the first time I see it in public

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I'm sure MS would have no problem with having Game Pass on the Playstation. Phil Spencer did say something along the lines of future Bethesda games will be on platforms where Game Pass exist so the ball is in Sony's court.

After seeing It Takes Two getting big I decided to check it out. I didn't realise that It Takes Two is a weeb game. Does this mean I HAVE to get it?
I know if I was a Sony exec I would probably want to at least get a limited version of Gamepass on PSN with first party MS games (which is something I think will happen on Steam eventually, I don't think it will be the full version but a more limited version with MS games and maybe some 3rd party games).

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Is is possible to change the location where geforce experience saved screenshots? Right now it saved to video folder for some reason.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Why is Darkroot Garden so big? I don't understand why it is so big with so little going on outside of some annoying ass enemies.

• This!
Reactions: QFNS

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
So I mentioned a while back that I decided to replay FFXIII-2 and went through all the trouble of installing mods, fixes and whatnot. So I've been playing it for a few months and now suddenly it's broken again for no apparent reason. The fix for the frame-rate isn't working anymore even after I re-install it and the game never saves the settings, causing the settings window to pop up every time I launch the game. Fucking hell.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
So I mentioned a while back that I decided to replay FFXIII-2 and went through all the trouble of installing mods, fixes and whatnot. So I've been playing it for a few months and now suddenly it's broken again for no apparent reason. The fix for the frame-rate isn't working anymore even after I re-install it and the game never saves the settings, causing the settings window to pop up every time I launch the game. Fucking hell.
I had problems with Lightning Returns. Already finished it but I decided that I unlocked the remaining achievements. The game started but it never got past the Square Enix logo for some reason. Some days later it worked again

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Is is possible to change the location where geforce experience saved screenshots? Right now it saved to video folder for some reason.
GFE Home -> Settings -> In-game Overlay Settings -> Recordings -> Change Folder Location here. This will also change the location of the screenshot folder. It's weird, I know. 🤷‍♂️

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Well I defeated Sif. Lemme see where the path from Undead Parish goes.
I find the whole atmosphere there pretty good, like you're in Undead Parish used to the sunlight but once you get there there are almost no sunlight, everything seems to have been overrun by the nature and only a faint traces of what was a civilization long forgotten there.

Reactions: QFNS and xxr

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

I find the whole atmosphere there pretty good, like you're in Undead Parish used to the sunlight but once you get there there are almost no sunlight, everything seems to have been overrun by the nature and only a faint traces of what was a civilization long forgotten there.
Good points, how is it dark and night there but the sun's up in the Undead kindom :thinking-face:

Eh let me get out of this archive while carrying 25,000 souls first....

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Is there a lore reason as to why everything is so damn WET? It looks awfully slippery.
If you are referring to the screenshots only, then nothing in there is actually wet (from what I can tell, anyway). Just shiny & dull surfaces reflecting things around them. A combination of specular and diffused reflections. Based on my plebeian understanding of reflections anyway!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Also, e.g. asphalt and even concrete are a lot more reflective than most people consciously realize, even when dry, especially at some angles.

Try to pay close and conscious attention to is some time. Or don't, or you end up like me and pull out your cell phone to photograph the strangest things, and when people ask you need to tell them that the specular reflection was really interesting, or the transition between a small-penumbra and a large-penumbra shadow was very clean.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Finished Disco Elysium, it still is an incredible game though the update brought some issues, I had radon crashes while enetering buildings and a certain quest could get stuck in an event and not advance, though I was able to find a solution on the steam forums.

I tried the political quest, though I don't know if I missed something but I wasn't able to finish it, as even after reading the whole needed book and appearing in the right place at right time did not triggger more dialogues.

• Sad
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

As much as I am for supporting modders Frans is kinda not telling whole truth here. First for me it is 6.5$ and that is per month. What that means is that if you paid for one month and got his Camera tools if update is released next month you need to pay again as far as I know. I could be wrong but as far as I know Patreon locks posts and files as soon as your subscription ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.