Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I have never played shadowman, but I love that at the end of the promotional trailer the player struggled to get through the portal.

Reactions: lashman

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Yeah, everybody who wants GP on Steam, beware about what you wish for. If it's the same implementation as Origin, it's not exactly great.
Origin-Steam connectivity isn't great, but it works as one great client connecting to a mediocre one. Now Game Pass and EA Desktop integration is horrendous. That's two shit clients trying to work together and, well, it doesn't.

the gamepass steam thing is something in the works since last year, from what ive heard is youll need to link your ms account to steam account and any game that would be on gamepass would require a xbox sign in at launch (like forza gears do etc)
That sounds like the most ideal situation for me, at least. I like Game Pass and I like having it on my console and PC, but I will unsubscribe once my 3 year thing is through if I need to continue to use the Windows Store versions on PC.

Reactions: Li Kao

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
New FH4 peak on Steam.
yesterday we played for hours with my brother
, one cousin who jump in and a friend, we had a blast, the game is really great for co-op. so many things to doo!

the only problem, we tried convoys with one ms store player and the game crashes for all of us :(

• Toucan
Reactions: Cacher

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Hey gang! Been a minute.

Had a bit of a forum sabbatical for a few months as Smokie passed over Thanksgiving (RIP you fat fuck) and it took the wind out of my sails for a while.

Missed you guys and the great convos around these parts. Been tearing through a bunch of games since but if I had to boil it down to two highlights the easy picks would be.

It's 4X, it's Wargame, it's Grand Strat, it's RPG! It's stupid-ambitious and it's made by one guy.

Shadow marks the first time since Crusader Kings II that I recall being so blissfully engaged in the discovery process. Peeling back layer after layer, sometimes just nibbling around at the edges, sometimes putting it down altogether when it feels like understanding is simply a bridge too far (I remember having to take several cracks at CK2 before things really started falling into place).

Definitely one of those deals where learning the ropes, how everything interacts & fits together, is almost as fun playing the dang thing itself. Good thing there's a handy-dandy 350 page manual (w/ first 25 pgs. dedicated to lore) always on the ready for Alt-Tab reference.

A monument to madmen solo devs out there with uncompromising vision.

David Jaffe may have Streisand Effected Cruelty Squad into wider public consciousness, but what I discovered behind it all was a title that reached far beyond meme status as a legitimate banger underneath all the hoopla.

The more time I put into it, the more I'm realized that gonzo presentation aside, it's actually a killer tactical-lite shooter. AI is pretty brain-dead, but the speed at which you can be taken down demands thoughtful movement & positioning. Each engagement can trigger game-over in a matter of seconds, and with no mid-level saves, the further you progress the more tense it becomes. And the crazy weapon & body-augment variety make for a legit fun gameplay loop. Great replay value too in the form of hidden weapons/items/levels.

The sensory-overload presentation is certainly gonna be a love-it / hate-it affair as I don't think there's any middle ground to be found within. I think it's a freaking glorious middle-finger to toothless & sterile "AAA" (/Sterling) design philosophy. Refreshing AF.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Ah I see.

When my cat Sussi died around 2 years ago I cried and was completely broken down emotionally for around weeks and it feels like my heart has yet to be whole again. I still think about her to this day.

It takes a long time to heal, but it has yet to fully hear for me and it was around 2 years ago. I actually don't think it's gonna fully heal for me, a bit of my heart will always be gone.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Yeah, I can dig it.

Pets really are family members just like our human kin, so it can be just as emotionally impactful when they pass.

I try to remember that he was a rescue stray who's time was almost up before we got him from the shelter. He lived a happy life for years after the fact, so there's that.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Analysis coming later but, here you have the proof that when the game is pricing correctly, it will sell like hot cakes.

I would like to call this week "The Price is right" :evilblob:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hey gang! Been a minute.

Had a bit of a forum sabbatical for a few months as Smokie passed over Thanksgiving (RIP you fat fuck) and it took the wind out of my sails for a while.

Missed you guys and the great convos around these parts. Been tearing through a bunch of games since but if I had to boil it down to two highlights the easy picks would be.
welcome back ... good to see you here! :blobhug:

and sorry to hear about your cat :minos_sad:

Reactions: Aaron D.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Imagine showing this to anyone in, let's say, 2015. :evilblob:

It would have been called fake picture 101% for sure.
Don't forget the top two games being an looter shooter published by Square Enix and an EA published co-op platformer. Heck the only thing on that list that would be believable is Isaac.

Chapter 4 in FFVIIR, good game, but nothing special.
The first few hours are the peak of the game then you get to the padding and then you get to
Nomura's fanfiction wild ride

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Still feels weird :p
I mean, yeah, still not used to this kind of things and that's why I always highlight them when they happen, will we see more in the future? yeah, why not, will we get used to this? most likely in the same way as we got used to seeing Atlus games such as SMT 3HD day and date.

Sony, Microsoft and EA.
Yup, that's why is so amazing, none of them were on Steam 6 years ago and now they are sharing the top 10 this week.

And It Takes Two really is amazing game. Friend and i are having pure fun.
It really is, lovely game :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Prodigy

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Only Ubisoft and Nintendo missing.
Actually I think there are high chances of Ubisoft coming back with their service (Ubisoft+?) as soon as 2021-2022 but who knows.
It would make sense if the GamePass integration (on Xbox) deal is true, the best thing they can do is to expand their own base after 2 years of limiting it to 2 PC platforms.

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021

I also still think financially it makes way more sense to do God of War before Bloodborne or any of the other games.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Lol, really sounds like he's lurking here. We see you, mate. :longswordblob:
Bwahaha that is like word for word what was said here.

Interesting words from Jeff (Days Gone Director) on David Jaffes video
Talking about how expensive AAA games are getting.

----
Jeff: ...for games where you have to sell 4 or 5 million copies just to break even...

David interjects: on one hardware system too...you know

Jeff: Exactly, right... although that could be changing in the future, which is a nice trend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.