Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I've had big problems concentrating playing FFVIIR today, I think it's a mix of it being me playing on a console and the game itself. I have a good cozy chair in front of the TV and just 5-10 min into playing I pause to stand up and do something else. I only managed to move from chapter 3 to a tiny bit into chapter 4 in VIIR today.

Might have to do with the game is not as good/fun/interesting as I thought it would be too, so i dunno. I managed just fine to play through Crash 4 earlier this year without much concentrating problems, maybe a bit of concentrating problems, but far from as bad as today with VIIR.

Last edited:

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Patch 1.1 Release Notes

Reduce the CPU usage of several threads, particularly in audio playback. These changes can greatly reduce overall CPU usage in some situations.
Introduce additional caching to decrease load times, especially when revisiting previous maps and after battles. This will be particularly effective for longer play sessions.
Fix save game thumbnails sporadically not showing up under specific circumstances.
Adjust overall loading behavior to be closer to Trails of Cold Steel 3, in order to mitigate issues on some systems.
Prevent the game from taking abnormally long to close on some systems.
Make left joystick and WASD (or alternative mapping) behavior consistent across all menus.
Fix button re-mapping involving X and O buttons along with displayed button prompts.
Fix some remaining minor translation issues in game and launcher
New Feature
Add configuration tool option to disable dynamic button prompt switching (primarily for Steam Controller users)

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Three Moves Ahead had an episode discussing Shadow Empire and they really like what it's trying to do but some parts of the way it exposes information need work and some people have issues with the late game. Worth a listen. There again, 3MA always is.

Idle Thumbs - Three Moves ahead - Episode 521 - Shadow Empire
Yeah, 3MA is the absolute best. I could listen to Rob Z. pontificate about his dang grocery list all day, everyday. He’s just that engaging.

Oddly, within days of the Shadow Empire pod, RPS did their own coverage article.

They were pretty high on it as well with the usual caveats that it’s not for the feint of heart, you need to enjoy learning, etc.

Just thought the timing was strange as the game was EA since June ‘20 followed by 1.0 this past Dec. But just recently it seems to be getting broader attention outside of the typical grognard wargamer circles (I learned about it when it nabbed eXplorminate’s 2020 GOTY).

Either way it’s super-cool to see Shadow reaching a wider audience. I know it’s one of my biggest strat/sim surprises in years.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Popping in real quick to remind everyone that there's five days left to enter for my anniversary giveaway if you would like to.

Also as I mention in the thread I'll be doing a short test stream sometime this week to get ready for my charity stream that's also part of that giveaway and folks are welcome to stop by for that too. :blobhug:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It proves the opposite. Outriders has absurd regional prices and it's still selling like hot cakes.
Well, I should have specified that this was meant for HZD and the MS games which could have had a bigger impact if the prices were a bit lower, Outriders is a new IP so I guess people doesn't really mind spending full price getting it as it's not a "2017 or 2018" game like HZD or FH4.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
There is a new mod for Witcher 3 with voice acting, etc.:

A Night to Remember is a completely new adventure featuring characters new and old! You can enjoy new writing, cutscenes, voice acting, assets, a special reward, and some difficult decisions...

Why do I keep getting “You need 237 more posts to view this content”?
It is just me bing silly and posting irrelevant content in hidden tags.

Last edited:

Arkanius

Dec 21, 2018
MS pricing in Europe really is ridiculous.
And it works because it moves people to Gamepass.
Also, didn't we get (added to the insider leaks we had) some news a year ago about Steam development entries that showed Gamepass support on Steam?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Anyways, I never do early access but Edge of Eternity is a very well made game. If you like RPGs give it a shot

How much content does this one already have? Ironically, I would be probably more inclined to get it if it's short.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Wishlisted!
Kinda expecting Nintendo lawyers to send a C&D reflexively. This looks a lot like Captain Toad (which is not a bad thing).
Wouldn't be a good move for Nintendo to ruin their collaboration with LEGO Mario sets. And also Nintendo usually send C&D letters to projects that have any Nintendo characters in it. Not sure if they send to projects that have similar gameplay mechanics

Anyways, I never do early access but Edge of Eternity is a very well made game. If you like RPGs give it a shot

It's the last chance to get it for this price. After this sale has ended they will increase the price to 30 euros/dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.