Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Legion is also coming to gamepass, or is it already there? They are trying hard to resurrect it.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
makes me curious how will this work , given the game having like 3 layers of drms + anticheat
Yeah, I want to know this as well, denuvo alone will freak out if anything is injected on to the game.

Edit: Looking through the WD2 version, it seems to be just a cheat menu of sorts, so nothing complex like what people can do with GTA5, makes sense.

Last edited:

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
If Queen hadn't mentioned it, I'd dismiss it simply because Tyler is the source. The way he talked though, it sounded like Valve is trying to court MS and not the other way around. If Tyler is correct (lol), it might mean the fully fledged version of Game Pass might come to Steam instead of a limited one that only has first party MS games. That's probably wishful thinking though.
Queen got rep in the industry or something?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
FH4 reached a new peak of 34k 1 month after launch, 20k reviews on Steam so most likely at 1 million copies sold or close.
Despite shit pricing shenanigans, it is well deserved. FH4 is fantastic.
Is it officially coming? I was about to buy on the xbox sale but rather have it on gamepass.
I bought Legion. IMO don't bother, it is nothing special and I think the game looks ugly as a world without anime.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
BTW, in case you forgot, El Shaddai is coming to Steam THIS MONTH! it's a very niche product and it deserves a second chance, might not be the best game in the universe but surely is something special, please consider supporting it, PC port was done by a single developer from the studio :cat-heart-blob:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
BTW, in case you forgot, El Shaddai is coming to Steam THIS MONTH! it's a very niche product and it deserves a second chance, might not be the best game in the universe but surely is something special, please consider supporting it, PC port was done by a single developer from the studio :cat-heart-blob:
can't wait! :blobeyes:

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
By one dude? Why was that? :unsure:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Strange the store page isn't already up.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Because it's a really small team and resources are limited, this one person started the port by himself and the studio greenlighted it (IIRC) so I think this alone is more than enough to support them at the very least for this.
Can't wait to play it. That's awesome that that person decided to do the port, wonder if it was a project they started just for himself/herself :LOL:.

Reactions: lashman

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Yup, everyone buy this or I'll shit this thread with even more anime.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
TOEM looks awesome, best photography game I've seen and like nothing else (afaik, maybe not visible in this small clip, check its account). It would be cool if it actually taught you true to life basic techniques etc. Also, I didn't even recognize the jungle FPS showing off tree destruction as Maximum Action initially! Cool!

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks for all those! I'd never heard of Sea of Stars nor Absolute Territory and both look great. More gloomwood is always fantastic too :).

I don't get Dota, I really don't. Tried a few times and I just found the opening 10 minutes really tedious :(.
I've posted about Absolute Territory mostly in the VR thread since they recently added VR support. I tried it but only a bit and out of VR just to prepare for it and configure my controls and see how the overall feel is. It's pretty much what you'd hope for such a game, new-age Wing Commander, sans production values. A bit clunky interface (no mouse to click on stuff, gotta get around with keys or buttons on your chosen device) but in-game the feel is great after you configure it.

Edit: I forgot, I did try it in VR for a bit as well, it seemed to lack some graphical options like TAA you get out of VR and the cockpit was super jagged looking as a result, it must be a bug as I spoke to the dev on twitter and they were sure the option is there just based on if you're using deferred rendering or whatever other setting is available and it wasn't in my case when I checked to make sure. They also need to let people turn off sharp turning tunnel vision (common anti-nausea VR thing) and a few more minor things. When that stuff's done it'll feel as good as any good VR cockpit game like Project Wingman or Star Wars: Squadrons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swenhir

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Queen got rep in the industry or something?
ive worked in the industry in different capacity and well just various things i do from time to time and others i know who do similair. most just dont see how volatile the industry is and how many projects get cancelled before being announced, which is why you probs dont really see people mentioning so much like i have because most who wanna post this stuff do it for fame or some weird internet cred, i dont care and like talking about games and upcoming possible games and the excitement that brings,

Tizoc kirbbbbby

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I still don't believe that GamePass will come to Steam. MS is already running on thin margins without Steam and on top of that developers are going on GamePass because it improves their sales on Steam. If it was on Steam developers wouldn't be so eager to sign for GamePass. And on top of that if MS would to go with GamePass on Steam they would need to deal with various contracts that is additional work. There is no benefit for MS to release GamePass on Steam even if it offers bigger userbase because they need every penny from that service.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I still don't believe that GamePass will come to Steam. MS is already running on thin margins without Steam and on top of that developers are going on GamePass because it improves their sales on Steam. If it was on Steam developers wouldn't be so eager to sign for GamePass. And on top of that if MS would to go with GamePass on Steam they would need to deal with various contracts that is additional work. There is no benefit for MS to release GamePass on Steam even if it offers bigger userbase because they need every penny from that service.
A lite version of GP that only includes 1st party MS games like EA play, Origin has Biomutant but Steam version doesn't.

I mean, it's not that crazy to consider this viable.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
A lite version of Game Pass on Steam is a no-brainer if Microsoft wants to go down that route. I expect if they have such a tier in mind they are speaking to multiple stores/platform owners about it.

What I'd prefer is if my Xbox account could somehow link to Steam and just "unlock" first party Xbox games on Steam while I have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription (similar to how EA Play on Game Pass works). The less I need to use that Xbox client, the better.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, everybody who wants GP on Steam, beware about what you wish for. If it's the same implementation as Origin, it's not exactly great.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
If Steam Gamepass is only for first party games, then I won't have anything to do with it. At least until the new RPGs come out years later.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
the gamepass steam thing is something in the works since last year, from what ive heard is youll need to link your ms account to steam account and any game that would be on gamepass would require a xbox sign in at launch (like forza gears do etc)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
the gamepass steam thing is something in the works since last year, from what ive heard is youll need to link your ms account to steam account and any game that would be on gamepass would require a xbox sign in at launch (like forza gears do etc)
As in no need to run the MS app ? Now that would be something.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
A lite version of GP that only includes 1st party MS games like EA play, Origin has Biomutant but Steam version doesn't.

I mean, it's not that crazy to consider this viable.
And with that it loses its purpose. Paying for something where you get new game every few months doesn't have same value as real GamePass. EA Play while it has 3rd party games it is not on the same scale as GamePass so it is kinda easier pill to swallow.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
And with that it loses its purpose. Paying for something where you get new game every few months doesn't have same value as real GamePass. EA Play while it has 3rd party games it is not on the same scale as GamePass so it is kinda easier pill to swallow.
I will go out on a limb that most people who plays games on PC don't care about that. They see game pass on Steam that let's you rent MS games for a monthly or yearly fee and they will join.

A lot of people don't really look outside of Steam for other games than Minecraft, Genshin or Roblox. My pupils in my English class are very "casual" and switches between Roblox, Minecraft and Steam games. They don't care or know what's else out there.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
ive worked in the industry in different capacity and well just various things i do from time to time and others i know who do similair. most just dont see how volatile the industry is and how many projects get cancelled before being announced, which is why you probs dont really see people mentioning so much like i have because most who wanna post this stuff do it for fame or some weird internet cred, i dont care and like talking about games and upcoming possible games and the excitement that brings,
Yeah, you can see how it happens on other forums. The people who are considered insiders post info like a week/ month or two before game is announced and that lends credibility to what they say (but they are obviously are taking the safe route). Your news is sometimes a year or two before it gets out there and on top of that some things I imagine were talked about but then end up getting cancelled (Grubb just had this happen last year with something he spoke about, and about a year later it was shown that it was cancelled but was in the planning).

People would just use projects not coming out/on hold as ammo against you, glad this is a smaller forum so that you don't get attacked and theres a few of us here in the industry.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
from the functions i saw in jan no but who knows what implementation will be come live,

the ea on gamepass pc stuff backend didnt require origin but at live for user it does
I'm guessing Steam Game Pass will just be the first party library then?

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Yeah, you can see how it happens on other forums. The people who are considered insiders post info like a week/ month or two before game is announced and that lends credibility to what they say (but they are obviously are taking the safe route). Your news is sometimes a year or two before it gets out there and on top of that some things I imagine were talked about but then end up getting cancelled (Grubb just had this happen last year with something he spoke about, and about a year later it was shown that it was cancelled but was in the planning).

People would just use projects not coming out/on hold as ammo against you, glad this is a smaller forum so that you don't get attacked and theres a few of us here in the industry.
i like what i did because its also nice having some dcoument on what plans were happening and what was being considered too.

like the destiny 3 stuff that was a huge plan and has alot of assests and stuff but work shifted from that when they decided instead to cut current content and stuff.

i mean just look at ubisoft the devs of division 2 were prepared that last season was the last one and then at the investor ubi announce they are gonna be extending there projects for longer life and the division devs announce after they are gonna carrying releasing things after saying they wernt and are currently running old events because they wernt prepared.

that alone thats public and happend the past few months should tell people how quick and fast plans and things change
Oh, coming this week already? Fucking sweet
yup cant love shadowman

Status
Not open for further replies.