Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I actually didn't realize Deadly Premonition 2 existed, so this is a nice double surprise.
I have it on Switch but haven't played it but i think everything was overpowered by the poor performance. People were expecting some jank but apparently it's really bad. Hopefully a PC Port can iron out some of the performance problems. "The Good Life" seems to be shaping up nicely though a little slowly but i'm not concerned with that, i just want some more SWERY stuff to play.

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I had a user account from a site suspended, because reasons.
Meta suddenly went blank loading page, so I checked and I may have or not have a trojan or some other shit.
My mother fell in the street.

Hyper-anxiety, that's the correct word.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Loved the original one, even though it crashed pretty much exactly after an hour of playtime even after I had applied Durante 's fix.
Had to restart each hour to be able to continue playing.

Sadly, all I have read about the sequel is that it is really janky, in an even worse way than the original.....

• Sad

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Loved the original one, even though it crashed pretty much exactly after an hour of playtime even after I had applied Durante 's fix.
Had to restart each hour to be able to continue playing.
To this day I don't really understand why, but the game was much more stable for me if I rebooted Windows right before playing.

As in, changing nothing else, when restarting Windows before starting the game I could play for an hour or two without any issues, but when I ran it after my computer had been up for days it would usually crash in a few minutes.

If everything worked as it should a process shouldn't even be able to tell how long WIndows had been running (unless specifically asking for it).

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
To this day I don't really understand why, but the game was much more stable for me if I rebooted Windows right before playing.

As in, changing nothing else, when restarting Windows before starting the game I could play for an hour or two without any issues, but when I ran it after my computer had been up for days it would usually crash in a few minutes.

If everything worked as it should a process shouldn't even be able to tell how long WIndows had been running (unless specifically asking for it).
Stuff like this is part of why I'm ultimately really fed up with software :p.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Deadly Premonition PC had both random and specific crashes. The game will always crash after completing a certain challenge, there was another crash that could be "skipped" by doing the challenge at a determined time of the day in-game. The game was a terrible experience overall so I'm not surprised the sequel barely got any attention.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Huntdown coming to Steam on may 12th with new mode and online coop.

I played a pirated version back at launch and it's really damn good. Will pick it up depending on price.

Alex Kidd is on june 24th.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Ah, Deadly Premonition. Truly a frustrating experience overall. Never has a game made me hate predetermined save points more than it did.
And replaying the chapters to advance some character scenarios was always a crapshoot because you couldn't manually save during those. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: Kal1m3r0

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Deadly Premonition PC had both random and specific crashes. The game will always crash after completing a certain challenge, there was another crash that could be "skipped" by doing the challenge at a determined time of the day in-game. The game was a terrible experience overall so I'm not surprised the sequel barely got any attention.
I honestly assume it's easier and more stable to play Deadly Premonition via an emulator rather than using the native port of the game.
Now that's an achievement, alright.

• Toucan

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
There is only one solution:
Play the game on a Windows 98 PC, because that is the system it was ported with and tested on.
I honestly assume it's easier and more stable to play Deadly Premonition via an emulator rather than using the native port of the game.
Now that's an achievement, alright.
Checks RPCS3 compatiblity

Aight, that's one way to play it.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Any recommendations on Wuxia games on Steam?
Games I played:

Gujian 3 has 9/10 on steam

Tale of Wuxia has 7/10 steam

Xuan-Yuan Sword VII has 6/10 on steam (I think it should be higher.

Jade Empire? not sure if it counts

Faith of Danschant, I have owned this game forever but have never played it, in the hopes it gets English support at some point.

I haven't played these below:

Wind Road has 7/10

Bloody Spell has 9/10 (wait what?)

Then there is MMO's like Blade and Soul etc...

These are games I have heard of or seen gameplay but there are others that have no English language but look good like
Songs of Wuxia, Ho Tu Lo Shu etc...

I saw a video like two or three days ago of a new game which looked good but the name escapes me ugh.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I mean, teh PC port of the original was released well after the initial console release that generated all the buzz and good will in the first place, it was just wasn't a good port. I don't think the PC version being a mess in any way dampened the sequel's attention. People don't go into Deadly Premonition expecting CoD polish

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018

At this point if someone told me that getting on your knees while playing DP eliminates crashes, this wouldn't sound unbelievable. The guys behind the port are pure wizards.
Sounds like a game for virtual machine: reboot, reboot, reboot lmao

• Toucan

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Reactions: Tizoc and C-Dub

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Still no sign of Snowrunner and the complete edition for Switch is already announced. :(
Both WWZ and Snowrunner did very well on EGS, and WWZ was given away for free a while ago. It's not unlikely that Snowrunner will be given away as well later this year in exchange for permanent exclusivity.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Both WWZ and Snowrunner did very well on EGS, and WWZ was given away for free a while ago. It's not unlikely that Snowrunner will be given away as well later this year in exchange for permanent exclusivity.
Where's the EGS sales numbers?

Also, Snowrunner is published by Focus Home while WWZ was self-published by Saber (their self-pub branch Mad Dog Games).

The last Saber game was also self-published and given away, but they released it on Steam (Ghostbusters).

Reactions: Ge0force

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Some of you told me that WWZ extended the deal another year and this was mentioned on an interview. Can't find tho.

FunnyJay