Community MetaSteam | April 2022 - Crossing Spring in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im impressed how well Weird West is doing and shows how big of a juggernaught Steam is.

The game is the second global best seller, has a higher standard price than "most" other Devolver and indie games, is available on game pass on PC and Xbox, also on EGS, coming to GOG and is on PS4/5 too.

Yet it is the second global best seller on Steam.

To me that shows multiple things, like how small EGS is and that PC game pass isn't all that popular. Also Steams popularity itself.

Sadly for EGS, Weird West is the only "big" multistore release it has had in weeks apart from Death Stranding Director's Cut.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
tERRORbane is out

Edit:

I grabbed Coromon and Crystal Project for this month, still need to finish Anno Mutatione and start Norco so I'll play less of Elden Ring so I have more time for other games.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Thanks Mor for the lovely thread.
Nothing really catches my eye but it's mostly because I'm still deep into ER, call me in August I might be free from it by then... maybe...

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Thanks for the thread, Mor :)

~

More Elden Ring for me as well this month, and then games on Deck probably :)

~

this released yesterday:

It's a 3D fantasy RPG map creator with AI assistance. This process seems super simple and quick, but you cant play in the maps, they have to be exported, which is a bit of shame, because it creates enviroments that are inviting to play around in.
And I always like the idea of creating maps/levels in a super simple way – like just using my SimCity 2000 maps in SimCopter, that was amazing (for the time). I wish I could have a map creator like a city builder whose maps you can then use to play in :)
Map editors were always a bit too taxing for me unfortunately, so I never got far with them...I tried Unity, but same story there.
I know of Dreams, which is supposed to be great, maybe that will come to PC some day... or maybe they will add something like that to Dungeon Alchemist --- or maybe someone here knows of a game/tool that can do this?

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Had to refund Weird West as it just didn't play nice with my hardware.

Tried several troubleshooting adjustments like lowering graphics settings and even refresh rates, but not matter what I tweaked my fans just kept running at a constant +75%.

That level of noise is really a non-starter as I game in a shared space with my wife (and it's not like a tower case across the room, it's a gaming laptop 2 ft. next to her on a couch).

Sigh.

Might check out Rail Route this weekend as it's on sale and I remember really enjoying the demo during one of the Steam Next events.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Another backlog month for me. Got so many games I need to play it’s ridiculous.
Same. Have two missions left in Desperados III. Started Onde, been playing some Mechs vs. Kaiju, also started Moncage, might start Motorcycle Mechanic Simulator etc...
Had to refund Weird West as it just didn't play nice with my hardware.
Tried in on Gamepass but the controls did not gel with me. Mouse or controller, shooting was just frustrating. Maybe I missed something.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Thanks for the new thread Mor !

Chrono Cross remaster this month. God I hope it doesn't suck. Already worried based on the videos they've shown and the music tracks they've put out. Might have to hold until theod scene comes in and fixes it.

• Hug
Reactions: Mor and Tomasety

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Yo, I have upgraded my pc! Changed mobo + cpu (+ ram).
What's the ideal temperature for an i5-1600k with a noctua nh-u12s?
Also, what temperature should I check on HWINFO?
At the moment, after a stress test, I have:
CPU PACKAGE : 69 max - min 42
CPU CORE TEMPERATURES : 68 max - min 0

Sorry for the OT, and nice OP!

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
it's a new month but i'm still plugging along in my Elden Ring completionist run. o_O 122 Hours. That and the art of learning well... art, has taken all my time lately.

If things go well, this will be the month for my last chemotherapy treatment as well! 🙏 Heck Cancer!!! The battle been long, but hopefully almost done.

Thanks Mor and lashman for the threads! Let's have a good April everyone. :photoblobheart:
Let’s fucking gooooooooo! You got this buddy, kick this cancer’s ass.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Lego Skywalker Saga gonna break ccu for a Lego game.

Haave too manu untouched Lego games, so won't get it for a quite a while, but the game looks good.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Do we know what's going to be in the second volume?
Still no news about vol II content, people are begging for licensed games like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, The Punisher, Alien vs Predator, D&D (this one is still up on Steam).
I hope I’m wrong but I doubt we see any of the first three because rights. Must be quite hard to find who holds Cadillacs & Dinosaurs rights, after Capcom’s CPS game, Rocket Science Games released another one for SegaCD, and I don’t see Capcom spending many money to find who is today owner.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Man of Medan finished. It was nice little experience. Now i will try to play Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition. Let's see how long i will last XD

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Sigh

I’m dropping Scarlet Nexus
It’s picked up a bit since I last posted but not enough after nearly the half way point; life is too short for mediocre games.

Shame I was quite looking forward to this one.
I fear this doesn’t bode well for Tales of Arise that’s in my backlog too 😕

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Sigh

It’s picked up a bit since I last posted but not enough after nearly the half way point; life is too short for mediocre games.

Scarlet Nexus is decidedly mediocre. The story sucks, and the gameplay, while solid, is a little too one note to carry the crap story. A big shame because there’s a lot of promise there.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Amazon Primes prime gaming giving away thing for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition forgets to mention that when you buy any bethesday game on GOG you get - The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls Chapter II: Daggerfall will be added to your GOG.com account for free as well

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Sigh

I really enjoyed it myself, mainly for the combat mechanics, but it's definitely not for everyone. the level design admittedly sucks and the story, while not without its moments, is ultimately just a pile of convoluted anime nonsense

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Maybe I'll finally play Chrono Cross.

I don't have much fate in Square to treat the pre-rendered backgrounds or the videos with care, so here's hoping that it's relatively easy to mod and the community will do a better job by the time I play it.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
The main problem with Chrono Cross is you can't play the game with original soundtrack. Only the reimagined ost is available.

Dream of the shore near another world was a master piece.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.