Community MetaSteam | April 2022 - Crossing Spring in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
The main problem with Chrono Cross is you can't play the game with original soundtrack. Only the reimagined ost is available.

Dream of the shore near another world was a master piece.
I saw someone on twitter earlier mention that the soundtrack in the game is just the normal soundtrack but remastered. The reimagined ones are for a vinyl or something. Don't know if it's accurate but I kinda believe it since they give you the option for everything else.

Now if they could just make it so each element can be toggled individually...
Apparently Schreier confirmed 3 weeks ago that FFT Remaster is real
Looked it up, and while he's not exactly confirming it, I doubt he'd just casually mention it like this unless he knew for a fact that it's real.

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
I saw someone on twitter earlier mention that the soundtrack in the game is just the normal soundtrack but remastered. The reimagined ones are for a vinyl or something. Don't know if it's accurate but I kinda believe it since they give you the option for everything else.
I hope so because that new version of Scars of Time was horrible.
If we take japanese twitter accounts seems is just the same ost but with better quality sound:

but english site says refined ( Newly refined music by Yasunori Mitsuda )

• Eyes

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I hope so because that new version of Scars of Time was horrible.
If we take japanese twitter accounts seems is just the same ost but with better quality sound:

but english site says refined ( Newly refined music by Yasunori Mitsuda )
That kinda confirms it for me. I think if it was a completely redone soundtrack the wording wouldn't be so ambiguous. To me refined can absolutely mean better audio quality in this context.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
I truly don't care about Dune the book because reading made my go cross eyed but either a WAR THUNDER (RAWR) or EVE Online esque game would absolutely be hilarious to fuck around online in with whatever

• Eyes

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
It's deserved.
They could have made the game half as good and half as big and it would still have been great and expansive.

Now, if they put 0.1% as much effort as they clearly put into world design, gameplay and art into technical matters and especially PC-specific niceties like >60 FPS and ultrawide aspect ratio support that would be nice.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It's deserved.
They could have made the game half as good and half as big and it would still have been great and expansive.

Now, if they put 0.1% as much effort as they clearly put into world design, gameplay and art into technical matters and especially PC-specific niceties like >60 FPS and ultrawide aspect ratio support that would be nice.
I'm not really expecting technical stuff like that from them post launch. They've never been that type of dev tbh.

An expansion announcement this summer and release in fall is probably the best we get from them. And maybe some additional nerf patches lol.

Its gonna be interesting to see what they do with their next game. ER was cross gen which probably held them back and made optimization difficult since they put it out on 5 platforms. But if their next game is next gen only...it could be giant leap like Bloodborne was over DS2 as they won't have to waste resources on old stuff. Tho Bloodborne had its share of issues too so who knows.

Its one of the reasons I'm very excited for Starfield. As much as it sucks that Playstation owners get screwed over. Them not having to work on that version at all will hopefully mean all those resources put into making a very good PC version for launch.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
It's deserved.

FROM be technically competent challenge (IMPOSSIBLE) (GONE MAIDENLESS)

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I think I will only be grabbing one game this month, the Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe. I may grab Kingdom Hearts if that has a decent price at launch (so I won't be grabbing Kingdom Hearts then).

Everything else I think can wait. Especially with FFXIV 6.1 update launching in 10 days time.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I think I will only be grabbing one game this month, the Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe. I may grab Kingdom Hearts if that has a decent price at launch (so I won't be grabbing Kingdom Hearts then).

Everything else I think can wait. Especially with FFXIV 6.1 update launching in 10 days time.
I suppose they still haven't added dungeons with bots for Stormblood ?

• Eyes

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'm glad I decided to give ME Andromeda a chance. The lack of polish and uneven writing are obvious but the combat is great, the character customization is deep, the game looks very nice overall and exploring a new galaxy is always a compelling experience. I feel that for a ME fan there's a lot to like here. Let's see how I feel after I put more hours into it.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
EDIT: friendly reminder. Oddworld: Soulstorm "one year" EGS release expire in 4 days.
Didn't they said that it is permanent exclusive?

So far i am managing to play Divinity Original Sin EE without too many annoyances. We will see how long i will last XD

• Eyes

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm glad I decided to give ME Andromeda a chance. The lack of polish and uneven writing are obvious but the combat is great, the character customization is deep, the game looks very nice overall and exploring a new galaxy is always a compelling experience. I feel that for a ME fan there's a lot to like here. Let's see how I feel after I put more hours into it.
I played Andromeda at launch, and despite all the issues, still enjoyed it. Looking back, I do think they squandered the new galaxy premise, and the companions are mostly forgettable in comparison to every other Bioware game. I recently started a new playthrough to see if the improvements were noticeable but I don't know if I will finish it or not. I'm all over the place with games right now.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Andromeda could have benefited greatly from better writing, the design was good but the characters and were largely boring and forgettable.

• Eyes

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Yo, what?! That's an odd choice, especially since Deathsmiles is already on Steam. But maybe this means City Connection could do other CAVE releases in the future?

On the other hand, I don't want City Connection releases, I want M2's Shot Triggers releases... Liking CAVE games is suffering.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Yo, what?! That's an odd choice, especially since Deathsmiles is already on Steam. But maybe this means City Connection could do other CAVE releases in the future?

On the other hand, I don't want City Connection releases, I want M2's Shot Triggers releases... Liking CAVE games is suffering.
Yeah, the whole collection was released on console this week three months ago. I guess the PC port was being worked on during the whole time but it was never announced before.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Progress on Elden Ring has been slow and steady. Fantastic game. It's such a shame that they are such a disaster on the technical side. On one hand they design games that reward precision, timing and reflexes, on the other hand, fuck performance and proper frame-pacing.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
It's so frustrating getting a relatively high end new PC and running into issues with it. It's even more frustrating not knowing if it's a hardware thing or just buggy ass games. Most of my guardians of the galaxy playthrough was pretty smooth (albeit the game is a bit buggier than on console) but in the late game there were a few parts that had huge seemingly random fps drops and hitching and I even had one freeze where it was making my CPU spike up 10-15 degrees higher than usual, my fan sounded like a ps4 pro fan lol.

Then there's edge of eternity which I started last night. Again mostly smooth but it also gave me a 10-15s total freeze but this time the game recovered on its own. Also has a weird thing with DLSS where I turned it on and didn't appear to gain any frames, but it did seem to cover up a lot of the blur the regular TAA was causing so I left it on. I dunno if that's yet another Unity engine "quirk" or some other bug.

It's not all bad though. I haven't noticed any issues in the 10+ hours I've put into FFXIV on this PC or the 2 hours into MHW so far. The latter has some weirdly demanding parts in the first forest area but I always heard the game was not super well optimized.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Neeew thread!

Now to wait patiently for that Kingdom Hearts event... And also the new Gwent card set dropping on tuesday.

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It's so frustrating getting a relatively high end new PC and running into issues with it. It's even more frustrating not knowing if it's a hardware thing or just buggy ass games. Most of my guardians of the galaxy playthrough was pretty smooth (albeit the game is a bit buggier than on console) but in the late game there were a few parts that had huge seemingly random fps drops and hitching and I even had one freeze where it was making my CPU spike up 10-15 degrees higher than usual, my fan sounded like a ps4 pro fan lol.

Then there's edge of eternity which I started last night. Again mostly smooth but it also gave me a 10-15s total freeze but this time the game recovered on its own. Also has a weird thing with DLSS where I turned it on and didn't appear to gain any frames, but it did seem to cover up a lot of the blur the regular TAA was causing so I left it on. I dunno if that's yet another Unity engine "quirk" or some other bug.

It's not all bad though. I haven't noticed any issues in the 10+ hours I've put into FFXIV on this PC or the 2 hours into MHW so far. The latter has some weirdly demanding parts in the first forest area but I always heard the game was not super well optimized.
If all works fine in some games, and not others, then it sounds like software thing, not a hardware thing. Hardware problems tend to not care about what the software is doing, generally speaking.

Maybe check out the CPU temperatures when running some benchmarks on it, see if it doesn't suddenly overheat or something. Perhaps the fan profile that is currently set is a bit too aggressive, so if you have thermal head room, you may try to go for a less aggressive profile.

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
Didn't they said that it is permanent exclusive?

So far i am managing to play Divinity Original Sin EE without too many annoyances. We will see how long i will last XD
There was a court document that referred to it as a lifetime exclusive deal. I think it's likely that it was referring to the period to recoup the minimum guarantee. If I remember right from documents that came out in the Apple case the initial wave of minimum guarantee deals had a year long period where afterwards Epic would stop taking all revenue even if they failed to recoup the advance. After taking large losses the changed new deals to where Epic would keep all revenue until they made back the advance no matter how long it took.

Given one of the other lifetime titles mentioned in the same sentence was World War Z I don't think it meant titles that were permeant exclusives.

Edit: Where the permanent exclusive info came from

World War Z out on Steam, 10 Crowns (Old World) coming soon.

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
There was a court document that referred to it as a lifetime exclusive deal. I think it's likely that it was referring to the period to recoup the minimum guarantee. If I remember right from documents that came out in the Apple case the initial wave of minimum guarantee deals had a year long period where afterwards Epic would stop taking all revenue even if they failed to recoup the advance. After taking large losses the changed new deals to where Epic would keep all revenue until they made back the advance no matter how long it took.

Given one of the other lifetime titles mentioned in the same sentence was World War Z I don't think it meant titles that were permeant exclusives.

Edit: Where the permanent exclusive info came from

World War Z out on Steam, 10 Crowns (Old World) coming soon.
Technically World War Z is not on Steam, it's World War Z Aftermath XD

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

The fourth image is supposed to be Akai Katana. Hopefully that makes it over as well.

• Gib
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

What's wrong with City Connection?

• This!
Status
Not open for further replies.