Community MetaSteam | April 2022 - Crossing Spring in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • Glad to have you back, lashman, huge hugs.

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

LEGO® Star Wars™: The Skywalker Saga

Play through all nine Star Wars saga films in a brand-new LEGO video game unlike any other. Experience fun-filled adventures, whimsical humor, and the freedom to fully immerse yourself in the LEGO Star Wars galaxy.

Want to play as a Jedi? A Sith? Rebel, bounty hunter, or droid? LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga features hundreds of playable characters from throughout the galaxy. Whether on land or in space, a variety of vehicles are yours to command. Jump to light speed in the Millennium Falcon, fly the T-47 Airspeeder and battle TIE fighters in Resistance X-wings… it's the ULTIMATE LEGO Star Wars experience.

Godfall Ultimate Edition

Aperion is on the precipice of ruin. You are the last of the Valorian knights, god-like warriors able to equip Valorplates, legendary armor sets that transform wielders into unstoppable masters of melee combat. Tear through foes as you climb through the elemental realms and challenge the mad god, Macros who awaits you at the top. Ascend in Godfall, the first-of-its-kind, looter-slasher, melee action-RPG.

Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

CHRONO CROSS is an RPG that transcends time and space, unfolding across two interlinked parallel worlds.

With over 40 party members to meet, people and dimensions will intertwine in this epic drama about the planet itself. Utilizing an innovative turn-based style battle system, CHRONO CROSS is a unique RPG that follows the protagonist “Serge” as he crosses time on his quest to save himself dying in a parallel universe.

Glover

Save the World...Single-handed!

The Kingdom's peaceful world has been shattered! The wizard, while mixing potions with his magical gloves has caused a huge explosion, turning him instantly to stone and dislodging the seven crystals that give the Kingdom its energy. Without the crystals, the castle and its world will fall apart and the wizard will be lost!

It's down to Glover, one of the magical gloves, to find the crystals, now disguised as rubber balls and return them safely to the castle. Guide Glover and the balls through seven magical worlds full of puzzles and hidden surprises. Watch out! The evil glove is lurking in the shadows, and he'll stop at nothing to foil Glover's attempts at restoring peace.

Turbo Overkill

Heavily inspired by some of the all-time greats like Doom, Duke Nukem and Quake, with stunning cyberpunk visuals, Turbo Overkill is the most savage FPS ever released by Apogee. You play as half-metal, half-human, half-crazy Johnny Turbo, augmented with hidden arm rockets and a chainsaw that extends from your lower leg allowing you to kick-slice enemies wide open.

In this Blade Runner-meets-DOOM hellscape, Johnny returns to his hometown of Paradise and finds its entire population possessed by Syn, a rogue AI, and its army of augmented minions. Desperate for enough money to outrun his past mistakes, Johnny takes on the impossible job of destroying the greatest AI ever created. Rival bounty hunters want to claim the prize first. Nothing is easy in paradise.

ABRISS - build to destroy

ABRISS is an atmospheric physics-destruction building game.
Build structures from parts to let them crash into your targets. Unlock new parts, destroy more, witness entropy at its worst in digital-brutalist cityscapes. Build to destroy.

Choose from parts with different weights, forms and functions to build a structure.
Thruster + Connector + Bomb? You just built a rocket.
Thruster + Rotator + Laser? You just built a rotating laser rocket.
Pillar + Connector + Ultra Heavy Cube? That's a giant hammer.

Be creative and resourceful with the parts you get, try to destroy the target with less parts or in a more elegant way – it's going to be a spectacle any way you do it.

The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe

The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe is a first person exploration game. It is an expanded re-imagining of the critically acclaimed, award winning indie game The Stanley Parable from 2013.

When a simple-minded individual named Stanley discovers that the co-workers in his office have mysteriously vanished, he sets off to find answers.

You will play as Stanley, and you will not play as Stanley. You will make a choice, and you will have your choices taken from you. The game will end, the game will never end. Contradiction follows contradiction, the rules of how games should work are broken, then broken again. You are not here to win. The Stanley Parable is a game that plays you.

Hey, look, there was an attempt, ok?

Kaiju Wars

Kaiju are approaching the city! Scramble the jets and deploy the tanks in this 2D turn-based strategy game.

We need more time! - Play as the mayor of Floatio city, tasked with holding off the overwhelming strength of a kaiju attack. Park tanks and jets in the monster's path to slow it down (don't worry, we have a good insurance policy).

Construct buildings! - Build sacrificial army bases and airfields to distract the kaiju and line the city streets with fodder.

Deploy experimental weapons! - Conventional weapons aren't enough; deploy experimental weapons such as freeze rays and transforming mechas to keep the kaiju at bay.

Crossfire: Legion

A New Generation of Warfare!
The world is in conflict. Black List and Global Risk are in a perpetual fight for the domination of their ideologies; but all is shaken up with the arrival of a new faction on the battlefield.

Lead your customized army to victory on the proving grounds of a not too distant futuristic world consumed by corporate conflict. Crossfire: Legion is the ultimate fast-paced real time strategy game.

Whether you are looking for a highly competitive experience or prefer a slightly more relaxed approach, Crossfire: Legion has something in store for you.

Prove your abilities in the online versus modes as you manage resources, consolidate a base and send your army to annihilate the enemies. Prepare yourself, on the field of battle, hesitation is your worst enemy.

Crossfire: Legion also comes choke-full of exciting multiplayer modes that will test the full gamut of your abilities as a commander, from strategist to tactician - and have you realize that not all enemies are terrible foes.

Chinatown Detective Agency

Midnight in Singapore. Your contact’s a no show, your client wants answers and your empty bank balance hangs over you like a neon-tinted Sword of Damocles. Welcome to 2037. Welcome to Chinatown Detective Agency.

The world is in a state of flux as the global economy nears the nadir of its decade-long collapse. Singapore stands as a last refuge of order but even here the government struggles on the brink of chaos. That’s where you come in. You are Amira Darma, once a rising star at INTERPOL, now a freshly minted Private Investigator in the heart of Chinatown, and your first client is about to walk through your door…

tERRORbane

In tERRORbane, you'd expect to save a generic fantasy RPG world from evil, right? Instead, the Developer who created the game keeps on commenting on everything you do, funny bugs and glitches keep on popping up everywhere you go and nothing seems to work the way it should?! What's a good Player to do, but dish out his trusty BUG LIST and use bugs to his advantage to get to the ending credits sequence?

There's nothing that could go hilariously wrong, right?

Eye of the Beholder

A new evil is plaguing the city of Waterdeep, stalking the streets and preying on its citizens. Though initially thought to come from afar, this great evil, known only as Xanathar, instead resides within Waterdeep and, if not stopped, threatens to overwhelm the city. The Lords of Waterdeep believe that the evil lurks in the sewers below and have commissioned a party of adventurers to investigate and foil this nefarious plot. Granted full rights of marque and ownership of any treasure, artifacts or valuables you find on your quest, you must venture into the chasms, discover the nature of this evil and destroy it by any means necessary.

Crystal Project

Get the achievement: Crystal Collector

Discover 7 Crystals.

People who have completed the challenge:

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Last edited:

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Anime was a respected medium at one time

then naruto got real popular for galaxy brained reason no one can understand

BUT GREAT THREAD BTW :)

also get into 90's Drum N Bass (not the skillrex one)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Playing Death Door on the Deck. Can’t say I’m in love, extremely bored, the game obviously hedges his bet on the stylish character design, but the pacing and levels are so mundane.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Started tiny Tina's wonderlands today, it's a good spin-off if you can stomach Borderland's humor. Ashly Burch's excellent as always.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Thank you for the new thread Mor!

Looking forward to playing Stanley Parable again, just earned my 5 year achievement last November :sweaty-blob: Also hoping my Steam Deck queue pops this month, but it could be anywhere between mid-April and end of May based on where timing has been.

Edit:
Also, really tempted by Weird West, was hoping it would pop up on GMG or somewhere for a deal.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Complete my first run in Slay the Spire's Downfall mod as the Slime Boss. I originally did not like the deck combination so much, but suddenly it just clicked midway to Act 1 and then I destroyed every single enemy on the way to Act 3 Boss. This is so satisfying.

Both the original development team and mod team of this game is just insanely talented. Bravo!

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
My april to buy list;
LEGO Star Wars (Steam)
Chrono Cross (Steam & PS5)
13 Sentinels (Switch)
Switch Sports (Switch)
+some DLCs

Edit: oh and maybe Kingdom Hearts games (Steam) if eventually get Steam release.

I’m on Q2 queue for Steam Deck so I could get valve’s email during next week or at the end of june, who knows.

Last edited:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Started mhw on PC tonight since it'll be on my next backlog list. My first impression is wow this game is a lot uglier than I remembered it being, and it's only a few years old. I have everything maxed except volumetric rendering which I turned off to eliminate a lot of the horrible washed out look the game had (and gained 25-30fps as an added benefit). But even despite this the game is still kinda rough to look at. Mhw 2 on RE engine can't come soon enough.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Cheers Mor for the thread.

so it’s April. Easter (yaaay chocolate), a 1/4 of the way through the year (fuck already) and I hit 50 (fuuuuuuck already).

but also means I am celebrating around 40 years of playing games and doing my best to not grow old.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Thanks for the new thread Mor!

Can't wait to give Chrono Cross another shot this month, lazy remaster and all. I feel like I never gave CC a fair shot when I was a kid... Chrono Trigger was my all time favorite game at that point, and Cross just had zero chance of living up to those sky-high expectations. Looking forward to playing it again, this time judged purely on its own merits.

And Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe, finally! :pleasedblob:

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
it's a new month but i'm still plugging along in my Elden Ring completionist run. o_O 122 Hours. That and the art of learning well... art, has taken all my time lately.

If things go well, this will be the month for my last chemotherapy treatment as well! 🙏 Heck Cancer!!! The battle been long, but hopefully almost done.

Thanks Mor and lashman for the threads! Let's have a good April everyone. :photoblobheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.