Community MetaSteam | April 2023 - We destroy chaos from a galaxy far far away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Why can't these guys just be happy that there's more choice in mobile PC gaming now, instead of shitting on Valve on every occasion? 🙄
Can't say I wasn't expecting this considering how the first game ran. AAA gaming on PC is in a dark place right now.
Really sad. 😕

Oh well, I'll play it next year for €3.50 when it hits EA Play on Steam.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Funny thing is, Valve are probably thinking, cool more people buying games off Steam.

Looks a cool piece of kit. I already have a steam deck but would potentially consider grabbing at as a replacement a few years down the line. Especially when I could install SteamOS on it.

Maybe somebody should point out to PC Gamer this is what competition looks like and not what the EGS was.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Wartales hit 600k sales. It had 400k when it left early access so 200k sales in about two weeks. I can confirm it is a good game. It's the first title I've actually played on my desktop in almost a year.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Are people geniunely excited for Starfield? It feels like moded Skyrim tbh, at least from the few things I saw so far.

Reactions: lashman

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I was expecting something more with starfield. Like some sort of amazing or fantastic combat system but once they showed actual gameplay it immediately reverted back to "Oh. Yep. That's just bethesda game but in space, well kind of since you're barely in space 90% of the time"

It's not going to be like fallout either in the sense of it won'thave VATS, and if it does that's going to be fucking weird since that's one of the main features/selling/quirks/whatever points of Fallout

It isn't to say I'm not intrigued by it or not interested in playing it. It's just I was sort of expecting a bigger leap in gameplay changes or game system upgrades for bethesda and it even visually compared to other new things it's like "Thats cool I guess"

It mostly makes me curious as to what all their time went into

The whole "LOOK THERES OVER 1000+ RANDOMLY GENERATED PLANETS!" thing sounds dumb as shit, since they did that with starbound and that was 2d and it got dumb as shit a few hours in with just fly space to planet run to objective ignore 99% of the planet and fly away

• This!
Reactions: yuraya and xinek

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Don't Starve Together is 90% off, a new historical low. It includes an extra free copy of the game that you can send to a friend.

• Love
Reactions: xinek

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Are people geniunely excited for Starfield? It feels like moded Skyrim tbh, at least from the few things I saw so far.
Can't say I've been super impressed with what I've seen so far. Hopefully it gets a decent information blow out this summer.

I'm also sure in a few years it will have an amazing modding community working hard on all sorts of crazy things.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I am genuinely looking forward to Starfield. I don’t even mind if it does end up being Skyrim in space. They make my favourite exploration games.

however, this being a bethesda game it will very likely be on my wait a year till it is working properly list.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
ehhh

I really didn't like FO4 so I can't say I'm particularly jumping at the opportunity to play it tbh

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I think that's just too reductive, even as an intentional exaggeration.
Sure, you can see the similar "game feel" due to the same engine being used yet again..
But it is still a new IP, in new world, with new story, completely different setting, characters, quests.

How many AAA first person RPGs do we get a year? We are lucky if like, one or two.

How many of those are hard sci-fi of the Interstellar aesthetics? Zero.

And first/third person RPGs are my favourite game type.

So yeah, I am excited about Starfield. Based on my experience with previous Bethesda games (played them all starting with Daggerfall) I do not expect literary masterpiece, and I really do hope the "thousand planets!!!" will not take away from handcrafter aspect of its quests, but I am fairly confident I will enjoy it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.