Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

Is in the new Groupees bundle I mentioned before.
Just a quick note, for those unaware: this game has released new content in a strange way.

If you bought the "main game":

You got the new content as free updates.
But, the new content can also be bought as separate games:

So, if you already own Slime-san: Superslime Edition, you already own the content from the other three releases.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Just a quick note, for those unaware: this game has released new content in a strange way.

If you bought the "main game":

You got the new content as free updates.
But, the new content can also be bought as separate games:

So, if you already own Slime-san: Superslime Edition, you already own the content from the other two releases.
Ah i didnt know that. I alresdy redeemed thenkey

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Skipped last month's monthly because I owned Kingdom Come and had no interest in Surviving Mars and I'm not sure if I regret it or not lol. Yoku, Rising Storm 2 and Adventure Pals are all on my wishlist but since I skipped last month I'm able to afford this months so I get Slay the Spire (Squad was also on my wishlist) which I really wanted so I guess its not too bad?

Deleted member 113

Ah i didnt know that. I alresdy redeemed thenkey
Yeah, it's confusing.

They have a note on those 3 smaller "games" page, but it's easy to forget and buy them.
Every time I see those 3 stand-alone releases on sale, I keep adding them to my cart, and only then remember I already own the content. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I guess I’m in the mood to try a fighting game, but as I’m not following the news closely, are any of those games ‘done’ and without a future ?
Tekken 7
Dragon Ball Fighter Z
Soul Calibur VI
King of Fighters XIV
Street Fighter V
Cross Tag Battle
Fantasy Strike
Dead or Alive 6

Not big on fighters so that’s probably not an issue but I would prefer to play something still relevant.
Any big popular games here ?

On a related topic, what are the 2019-2020 games announced ? I can only remember Granblue and just read that there is a new KOF.

- This message was also posted on ERA for maximum answerability answerade of the answer. I feel a little strange double posting -

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Skipped last month's monthly because I owned Kingdom Come and had no interest in Surviving Mars and I'm not sure if I regret it or not lol. Yoku, Rising Storm 2 and Adventure Pals are all on my wishlist but since I skipped last month I'm able to afford this months so I get Slay the Spire (Squad was also on my wishlist) which I really wanted so I guess its not too bad?
I can give them to you if you want :)

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I guess I’m in the mood to try a fighting game, but as I’m not following the news closely, are any of those games ‘done’ and without a future ?
Tekken 7
Dragon Ball Fighter Z
Soul Calibur VI
King of Fighters XIV
Street Fighter V
Cross Tag Battle
Fantasy Strike
Dead or Alive 6

Not big on fighters so that’s probably not an issue but I would prefer to play something still relevant.

On a related topic, what are the 2019-2020 games announced ? I can only remember Granblue and just read that there is a new KOF.

- This message was also posted on ERA for maximum answerability answerade of the answer. I feel a little strange double posting -
Oh man..... I'm exactly like you. Little experience with fighters but I like to dabble. (and kick the stuffing out of my friends/gf when possible bc I'm just better at vidya)

Skull Girls
Street Fighter IV

Those are what I own. They are "done" and cheap. May not be relevant but that depends on if you want to play local or online.

FFFFFFFFRIDAY NIGHT
Cant write friday without anime after all

:blobno: :face-with-look-of-triumph: :blobweary: its still worktime

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Tekken 7
Dragon Ball Fighter Z
Soul Calibur VI
King of Fighters XIV
Street Fighter V
Cross Tag Battle
Fantasy Strike
Dead or Alive 6

Tekken 7 is eternal, but doesn't have an in-game tutorial.
Dragon Ball FighterZ is dying/dead.
Soulcalibur VI is on life support because of head-ass online ranked decisions.
KoF XIV is so dead it popped out on the other side of the world.
Street Fighter V is Street Fighter.
Cross Tag Battle isn't alive but it's not completely dead either.
Fantasy Strike is new, iirc, so might be a good time to jump in.
Dead or Alive 6 was Dead on Arrival.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'm on vacation so I'm trying to make some progress on my games.
Beat DMCV, fantastic game.
Almost done with Resonance of Fate.
Made some good progress on Divinity Original Sin.
Put a few hours into Trails from Zero, loving it.
Also playing Spiderman on PS4, the game is blowing my mind.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
DoA6 is fun to play but everything else about it was really bad. And don't get me started on the DLC schemes...

SoulCalibur VI on the other hand, even ignoring online, it's really easy to dump hours into it because of the character creator and two extensive story modes. And I think recently, they dropped even more character creator items so I really wanna get back to it myself.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
But Honoka trumps everything bad about it.

Unfortunately not friend. I don't know if it's been redone since the game launched but that unlock system is straight-up trash tier, one of the worst I've ever seen in a fighting game period.

Besides... best girl in DoA6 (Mai) isn't even a DoA fighter...

Reactions: NarohDethan

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
Tekken 7
Dragon Ball Fighter Z
Soul Calibur VI
King of Fighters XIV
Street Fighter V
Cross Tag Battle
Fantasy Strike
Dead or Alive 6

Street Fighter and Tekken are safe choices if you want to continually play them and not searching for matches in discord. Rest are pretty much dead or don't have a big following if you live in specific regions that don't have a local FGC scene.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Unfortunately not friend. I don't know if it's been redone since the game launched but that unlock system is straight-up trash tier, one of the worst I've ever seen in a fighting game period.

Besides... best girl in DoA6 (Mai) isn't even a DoA fighter...
I think they modified it so you get costume pieces for the character you're using instead of random ones.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Damn the situation is dire. I imagined that more fighters were alive and well.
Not that it really matters to me, as I will play solo, but a lot of games seem to have crashed and burned.

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
Damn the situation is dire. I imagined that more fighters were alive and well.
Not that it really matters to me, as I will play solo, but a lot of games seem to have crashed and burned.
Shitty netcode can make or break a game's online community imo, since most of them don't have rollback netcode/GGPO. This is why hopefully when nextgen starts we get crossplay on everything at the very least.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I feel I have played every interesting third person (or first person for that matter) story driven game on the face of the planet and now I can't find any more of them and that makes me sad. Last one I finished was A Plague Tale, but Im waiting on all LiS 2 episodes to be out before playing it.

Im just happy Sony is still making those third person story driven games. Call them the same template like game or whatever you want. But I love those games.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I got my FE CE, does it make a difference if I choose M or F MC? Since there is no romance options in this game I take it that it does not make much of a difference? In the other games it can. Also is the season pass worth it? I think I still have some eshop money that I have never used up until this point

I don't play many SRPGs but I have enjoyed the ones that I have played

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
I got my FE CE, does it make a difference if I choose M or F MC? Since there is no romance options in this game I take it that it does not make much of a difference? In the other games it can. Also is the season pass worth it? I think I still have some eshop money that I have never used up until this point

I don't play many SRPGs but I have enjoyed the ones that I have played
I chose female MC, but have not played more than a few hours. But I thought there were romance options in Fire Emblem games? I only played FE Awakening before, but also only a handful of hours.

Deleted member 113

Anything nice to buy this sale?
Help me out : MegaApple's wishlist
So many games. :)

I had fun with the following shmups:

The Silver Case is totally bananas:

I already mentioned to you that Soulcalibur 6 is a fun single-player game on the fighting games thread, but I'll say it again. :)

I had a lot of fun with Murdered: Soul Suspect (but some people did not like it):

And Octahedron is very enjoyable:

... but, you won't spend any money on it (check my PM ;) )

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018

I already mentioned to you that Soulcalibur 6 is a fun single-player game on the fighting games thread, but I'll say it again. :)

I had a lot of fun with Murdered: Soul Suspect (but some people did not like it):

Great post! :starblob:
I'll most likely grab a shmup; Silver Case too if I have the money. I'm actually saving for the incredible CK2 humble bundle.
I'm dropping SC6 for a better discount, same for Murdered.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Necrobarista is soon. Really intrigued by its public reception.
And, yeah, I think I’m going for a good old insomnia here :loudly-crying-face:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Octahedron is super underrated. Highly recommend for any puzzle-platform fans. (The soundtrack also slaps hard)

I wasn't a fan of Murdered Soul Suspect though. I think I 100%'d it in 7 hours. I hated the story and the characters.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I played a bit of Undefeated and it's not bad, it's a simple game and it doesn't seem to have any major performance issues. I guess you can think of it as a very simplified tech demo for a Superman X Johnny Bravo video game. You can tell that this game is a few years old since they advertise Paragon in this game. Ah Paragon, I never played the game but I did make an Epic account just so that I could play the beta for the game which I never did.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Had to pay a visit to the barber today and spent my afternoon checking Meta from my phone. Humble Monthly wasn't bad, especially considering that I was looking at Rising Storm Vietnam last month but it isn't something that I'm hurting inside by not having purchased when it was available. You know, it would be an good bundle if I had purchased it for the early unlocks, but since I had Kingdom Come and no interest in Surviving Mars, meh. The early unlocks for the upcoming monthly are the same as last month for me - I have one of them (Slay the Spire) and the other isn't really my cup of tea.

I bought this one last sale.

Haven't played it, of course, but if you are recommending it I will end trying it sooner than later.

Also, Space Mercs is looking awesome and the price couldn't get much better than the actual $9.99 tag.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
So I dont know if anyone here really gives a shit but I thought it was nice. Clan of Champions, which was one of NISA's first PC releases' 7 years ago had an achievement that was broken since launch, Someone asked about it on their public discord and they finally removed it so the game is now able to be 100%'d!

(not my image dont slut shame me for the light theme)

The game's also like 50 cents right now.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
hey everyone ... check out this awesome new thread!!!

Deleted member 113

I bought this one last sale.

Haven't played it, of course, but if you are recommending it I will end trying it sooner than later.
Yeah, the game is rather fun, and very "anime" in the way it tells it's story.

You can count on plenty of dialogues mid-game, perspective shifting from 2D to 3D in plenty of sequences, and both shooting and melee combat (you are a mech, not a ship).

The game was updated last year with a new control scheme, and some new content that was added for the PS4 version.
I have to play the game again, to try out the new content. :giggle:

Here's a random video showing the gameplay:

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
What was that name of that game that was in early access that was like L4D but everyone had guns and they were parkouring around and shooting zombies and the dead players became zombies themselves? I remember mime make up or something?

Reactions: MJunioR
Status
Not open for further replies.