Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I turn my PC off every night :thinking-face:

Should I be leaving it on?
Honestly, Windows is literally not built for that, nor is most software. Your PC will be less stable, and probably have lots of memory that's unavailable due to leaks (

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I feel that I missed out on making note of certain August and Sep. releases mentioned previously in this thread for some reason :V
Gonna start FF13-2 between today and tomorrow, anything I should keep in mind?
Your 3rd party member will always be one of the monsters you tamed. Each monster is a set role; SAB, MED, COM etc. So much like in FF13 where you assigned a role for a character, you assign a monster role as you set up paradigms.
Monsters require specific items in order to level up too, but I think the game makes said items available as you progress.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Oh don't get me started on this. I get random bip and bop sounds from the system without a clear reason. The kind of sound windows make when plugging some usb hardware. When I'm not plugging anything at all.
It's annoying as it is, but with the prevalence of borderless gaming, hilarity ensues (not).
Its just the FBI agent logging in, dont mind him

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Dragon Quest 11 Switch makes it hard to choose between that and just playing the PC version with a trainer with HP and magic or whatever it's called turned on.

So much good stuff in the DQ11 Switch edition, yet I suck at JRPGs (well, not sure how easy DQ11 actually is though).

The choice would have been so much easier if Square just patched in the new stuff into the PC version.

Well at least there's a demo coming closer to launch for the Switch version. Gonna see how easy it is first.
I do hope that square enix releases the switch content to the PC version. It can be a paid dlc, but not too expensive

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Honestly, Windows is literally not built for that, nor is most software. Your PC will be less stable, and probably have lots of memory that's unavailable due to leaks (
Modern operating systems are pretty much designed to be run in perpetuity.
Sure, you'll probably lose a bit of memory to leaks along the way, but most of that can be reclaimed simply by restarting whatever software you are running on top of your operating system.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
[
Dragon Quest 11 Switch makes it hard to choose between that and just playing the PC version with a trainer with HP and magic or whatever it's called turned on.

So much good stuff in the DQ11 Switch edition, yet I suck at JRPGs (well, not sure how easy DQ11 actually is though).

The choice would have been so much easier if Square just patched in the new stuff into the PC version.

Well at least there's a demo coming closer to launch for the Switch version. Gonna see how easy it is first.
You may just want to get the N/S version, at the end of the day you will get the best looking version on PC or the Ultimate version on N/S with a bunch of extra content.

I would like for them to add it on PC in the future but that does not seem to be happening since it's a different build and not based off the PS4 version?

I think I am going to eventually pick it up (I already own 3 copies of the game) because it will eventually go for $25USD at some point in time at a retail store.

I have been on and off with PC gaming and 2014 was when I started to really get back into it. Sadly in 2022 I'm not sure PC gaming will be getting any better, I mean consoles are getting worse (they are becoming more and more like PCs with out a major benefit that is not first party titles).

Yes I complain more about games then I actually play them.

PS I really wish the new Fire Emblem game gave MC VA and that it used proper AA since it just looks weird and distracting. I'm glad that every other character does have VA this time at least.

Also

He is aware

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
That is absolutely fucked up, How do you do this in 2019?
And to be fair here, the video you linked seems to come from a problematic channel, with pro Gamergate, and at least one anti-lgbt videos up. Maybe link something else?
I deleted it in my one post, didn't know about them

There wasn't a lot of stuff about it yesterday and I was just derping around the internet and found it

Reactions: lashman

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

Very excited for one of my favorite Developers next games
EGS pre-order page when

I also turn them off.

Always did. :)
Yeah, I also turn it off at the end of the day. I rarely do useful shit and I need my sleep, my PC do much more than me so it also deserves to sleep.

I don't see any reason to have the computer turned on when not used. It doesn't take 10 minutes to turn it on like in the old days
Also this. I used to leave my PC on back on XP and even then it was already pretty fast to boot up (unless your Win install was older than two years full of bloatware + those strange theme things and whatever else was popular in download sites - not that I know anything about this, not at all)
Yup, that's the kiddy! Icons playing silly buggers? Reset Icon Cache!
I power off my home PC when i go to bed so i rarely see it anymore and i'm usually in VMs, the command line or portable apps at work so my base OS is pretty barebones with not very much installed at all.

Slightly OT but i bought a couple of games today, crazy i know!

Looks amazing, bought!
A Short Hike was praised so much when it was released as a Humble Original some months ago, can't wait to try it too!

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Eastshade

Recommended? looks great and i have the money
I've got my eye on it for when i clear some other games. I can't describe it well so here's the GB quicklook with Ben and Brad. It's pretty, a little surreal, relaxing, has some interesting accents and painting.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I've got my eye on it for when i clear some other games. I can't describe it well so here's the GB quicklook with Ben and Brad. It's pretty, a little surreal, relaxing, has some interesting accents and painting.

Thanks! lets seee

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

In my crazy times as a youth (early 2000's), I always had the PC on 24/7. And the reason? Browsergames.
I was so into it, that I and my friends had clocks going off deep in the night to build the next ship or building (because of the lack of a queue, the queue wasn't long enough to get you through the night, or you were so into the build-efficiency that you needed the resources that were dug up through the night to build your next building.)

Reactions: Stevey and MJunioR

goat

Mass Erect
Jan 21, 2019
Hah, PC up for more than 1 week.
Tell me more of this mythical machine running Windows 10 that has an uptime larger than 3 days.
Mine stays on 24/7 for weeks, if not months at a time with no issues.

Reactions: MJunioR

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
With just one new character ? Is it standard procedure ? Feels a little on the light side no ?
And as a fighting casual I hated how long you can chain your opponent. I get the interest, but those were some long chains.

Edit. Well ok, 1000 balance changes is not too shabby :kissing-face:

Last edited:

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
On top of that they added new moves to already existing characters.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Hah, PC up for more than 1 week.
Tell me more of this mythical machine running Windows 10 that has an uptime larger than 3 days.
I do have a regular uptime of ~1 month.

Well, not if you don't need it.

For me, depending on what work I'm doing, it could take ~15 minutes or sometimes more to get everything back to where I can work as productively as before a shutdown, so in those cases I try to avoid it.
(Note: that time is for bringing all my started programs/shells/etc. back in order and loading projects after booting the OS -- the boot process in itself is really fast)

I feel that's a bit of an overstatement, even for Windows 10 -- and most certainly for Windows 7.
My Win 7 workstation I use for university work generally has uptimes measured in months, without any ill effect.

Of course, if you don't need it, there's no reason to do that (and a lot of reasons not to, like power savings), but it's not a big deal really.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

I never turn my PC off. That would let the components cool down and through repeat heat ups and cooling downs shit will flex and eventually crack.

Run your PC 24/7. Room too hot? Just run your air conditioner 24/7 too.
Ahhhh, BAN PUNCHER , saving the planet (and raising his electricity bill) one day at a time. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: PhaZZe

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Anyone else have this minor issue that I've had for ages now?

When I launch a game, the steam screenshot sound is delayed by a few seconds the first time, but is fine after that. No big deal because I can just turn the sound off, but still.

FunnyJay