Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Fuuuu, the added discount when you are subscribed to humble makes some games a lot more tempting. I can't :sweaty-blob:

Reactions: NarohDethan

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah Cross Tag caught my eyes too. It's the base version so I assume it's missing a ton of characters but the price is cool.
I'm totally not into fighters but I really liked the demo on Switch.

Octopatch for 38 is not bad either. Not ideal, but solid.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Apparently you have to reply within X amount of time after your sarcastic post or its considered a drive by shit post on some other place

So now im banned for 3 days after never being warned or anything Lol

Can we keep the talk about inferior boards to a minimum?
I get the need to vent, but I don't really need to hear about how bad Era is about all things PC.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Can we keep the talk about inferior boards to a minimum?
I get the need to vent, but I don't really need to hear about how bad Era is about all things PC.
Well on the other hand, the man just got banned, he can have one venting post imho.
We would be in trouble if many people were banned each day but we are not there yet.

edit - my two cents evidently, not attacking you Mivey

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Yesterday completed 100% and finished Secret of mana remake, not that hard, fun game, 0 crashes(people say the game crashed a lot) 30 hours for 100%, lets see what to play now..

Anyone have a guide about dota underlords? Any meta guide? Played the new patch and was destroyed :(

OSatan

OFather OSun
While we are at board games, Anyone know any good youtube or twitch channels who play board-games? Either DND, other classics or this insane scifi board game that takes ages to complete.

Also gamenight in youtube

Any must have board games on current sale? I'm interested in the genre but prefer a single player oriented game with decentish story.

In boardgaming the story is your play mostly but this should do.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
tHE 20% discount offer ends once the new mothly rolls out. So if you're fine with the price atm, best to get it soon.
The 20% end in 30 minutes ? If so they can go fuck themselves. I need more time to find bizarre justification to my irrational spending :blobeyes:

Reactions: Milena and goat

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
thanks, IGN ...
But we got so many book bundles on how to make book bundles!
Dont forget the comic book bundles from the early 90s!

I skipped July and there was Mechanicus. Typical Humble ! :notlikethisblob: The 20% end in 30 minutes ? If so they can go fuck themselves.
My understanding was it was supposed to be like a "test" to see if like more people signed up or bought more junk off the store or whatever. That's my thinking on it, this was like their trial run month so whatever happens after todays monthly update is sort of a up in the air kind of deal
While we are at board games, Anyone know any good youtube or twitch channels who play board-games? Either DND, other classics or this insane scifi board game that takes ages to complete.
I know you said on sale but this just came out and is supposed to be cool

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
This isn't really a gaming thing but I'm sure some folks here will appreciate it

My new SD Gundam. Love gundam models, I have a few more (mostly from 00) and this is my first SD, I have never bought SDs before because I didn't know if I would like them but you know what? they look really great :D

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The multiplayer Meta thing talk with FunktionJCB made me think about something sorta related.
What are good (duh) multiplayer PC games that can be played by controller-challenged people ? So easy.

My mother really liked playing the Kirby Switch demo with me and that's something that I have in the back of my mind since then. But I don't have a Switch these days and Nintendo pricing made it so that I didn't buy it when I had one.
Overcooked was a blast too but man the difficulty really ramps up quickly.

I also have some spare PC parts and talked to her about playing with two PC, but while that would be ENORMOUS, I fear it's just a dream with the state of our budget. I would need a monitor, a modest but capable GPU, surely replace the 6-7 years old power supply, ugh...

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
The 20% end in 30 minutes ? If so they can go fuck themselves. I need more time to find bizarre justification to my irrational spending :blobeyes:
We dont know if humble plan on keeping it over humble credit on purchases going forward mind u

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Really won't lose sleep over this month unlock, but they are not bad at all. I'm not feeling let down. Yoku and Adventure Pals interested me.
Next month is unclear. I already have Slay the Spire, I should try to know a little more about the other game.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
How is Adventure Pals? I see it's pretty cheap on Steam.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Thanks for saving me $3, humble! Adventure pals is part of the august games but that one hasn't updated yet XD
Weird, I only have 2 games for the month of August in my page. :cautious:
Just wait. Stuff not updating on time is something one just has to live with even in 2019, going into the 2020s.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

This whole ordeal has moved beyond EGS and straight towards mentally unstable devs going completely off the rails. Also didn't realize they have a Patreon running too. Good thing they exposed themselves before I gave them money, which certainly would've happened on Steam.

Also, might've asked before, is there a way to get those reddit quotes smaller?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

Well, I am totally surprised in Humble
I was always a bit curious about Humble's offering.... It just I have so many games already and PS+ and Epic are now hurling free games at me each month..... Is the quality generally better than PS+ and EGS freebies?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I have no interest at all in SQUAD, but I do want Slay the Spire.
I'm literally drowning in games right now though.
Decisions, decisions.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I was always a bit curious about Humble's offering.... It just I have so many games already and PS+ and Epic are now hurling free games at me each month..... Is the quality generally better than PS+ and EGS freebies?
IMHO yeah, better than PS+ most of the time.
EGS selection of free games is so random that I couldn't really say.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I mean, it's not like what humble is offering is bad it's just that it seems (To me at least) like they've gone from finding interesting indie things to just sort of generic garbage. Where they would sort of have a big headline game to draw you in and fill the rest in with some oddball or weird/interesting indies. That's my take on it at least. Now it's just sort of "Ehhh" most of the time,

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Never buying Slay the Spire finally paying off :p Although I had my fix for that gameplay with Neoverse anyway, now I can compare them directly. The full unlocks are kind of whatever, not bad not amazing, but Surviving Mars and Kingdom Come were worth it alone already so hey.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
August bundle had some cool stuff I wanted; I was 4 out of 6 for the stuff offered from that bundle so it's all good for me.

Gonna play Swords and Soldiers down the line to see if I would want to redeem its sequel xp

Reactions: Deleted member 113

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
PS+ only has 2 games per month now, the quality is objectively alright but that's a ludicrously small selection and chances are extremely high one already has both or doesn't care about them. Really PS+ was glorious during the PS3 days but it might be the 'sub and get games' service that has fallen the hardest, instead of improving they've become a joke kinda.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Also, might've asked before, is there a way to get those reddit quotes smaller?
you can insert it as a link ... you know - the old way :p giving it a title etc. ... it won't convert it to an embed then

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
PS+ only has 2 games per month now, the quality is objectively alright but that's a ludicrously small selection and chances are extremely high one already has both or doesn't care about them. Really PS+ was glorious during the PS3 days but it might be the 'sub and get games' service that has fallen the hardest, instead of improving they've become a joke kinda.
Clearly. I don't follow Games for Gold selection too closely but they seem a little better.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Yesterday completed 100% and finished Secret of mana remake, not that hard, fun game, 0 crashes(people say the game crashed a lot) 30 hours for 100%, lets see what to play now..

Anyone have a guide about dota underlords? Any meta guide? Played the new patch and was destroyed :(
It's on my list of what to play next, have you tried playing local coop? I'm curious about that aspect, I was thinking of trying it with my girlfriend...

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
24 games (at least) for $60 a year is OKish, but 36~48 games for $60 a year is MUCH better.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
The loss of the free PS3 games has hurt. Recent months have bee alright (Detroit, Wipeout, all released borderlands games)

I took a look at humbles offerings.... Pretty fucking nice dude. Now..... is it strictly $12 a month or is it possible to sneak in on a yearly plan?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The loss of the free PS3 games has hurt. Recent months have bee alright (Detroit, Wipeout, all released borderlands games)

I took a look at humbles offerings.... Pretty fucking nice dude. Now..... is it strictly $12 a month or is it possible to sneak in on a yearly plan?
There is a yearly plan, there is the option to pause your plan for a month if the early unlocks don't appeal to you.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Early unlocks..... :/

They gamified it didn't they?
Lol, don't know if I would use the word, but yeah.
It's a monthly lootbox of games, with 1-2 games announced first.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Lol, don't know if I would use the word, but yeah.
It's a monthly lootbox of games, with 1-2 games announced first.
I was mostly in until the dreeded l "l" word of gaming came in.

Oh well. I get more than just games from PS+.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I was mostly in until the dreeded l "l" word of gaming came in.

Oh well. I get more than just games from PS+.
It's often a damn good deal though, you just have make your purchase decision on the 1-2 early unlocks and treat the rest as an added bonus. A bonus that you will often feel is shitty, but I think that's partly because Humble is not what it once was for multiple reasons, and because everybody has different sensibilities.

I look at my Humble 2019 Steam category (didn't buy every month mind you) and while I feel it's not a stunning year, there are definitely some very good games here.

Reactions: Deleted member 113
Status
Not open for further replies.