Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
"Let me explain to you why it's not coming to anywhere else but Sony Playstation!!"

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I only played a little bit of arma3 MP and mostly mods in mp because honestly it's more a mmorpg style of play style vanilla, not bc of the gameplay of course but you better have a crew/guild and know what you are doing including voice comms if you don't just want to be dead instantly all the time everytime (sometimes after a nice stroll through the scenery). MP is a whole game in itself and deep as an ocean (including Zeus and all the possibilities it's mind-blowing).

But I had really fun with the scenarios, the campaigns and the sandbox alone. Over 100 hours of singleplayer easy. And I'm not finished with it, haven't started the new dlc yet. Honestly it's crazy how much entertainment over the years I got out from that game.

On the other hand, if you bounced off A2 it's not a sure bet you'll get that much out of it (but 12 bucks is also cheap).

I really don't need console games in here if it's not emulation related honestly, and I feel those would be better in an emulation thread. Emu news in here are totally cool of course.
I think it might have been the controls, I felt like player control was fine, but that I needed a whole other keyboard for squad commands. Then again I haven't played A2 is a couple years, so maybe I was just busy with other things and didn't take the time to really dig into the single player

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
This bundle is amazing

For 4.99 you get:

Detention
Guilty Guear Xrd -Sign-
King of Fighters 2002 UM
The Adventures of Fei Duanmu
Asterbreed
Cosmic Star Heroine
Yatagarasu
Winged Sakura
Analogue A Hate Story
edit: The Coma: Recut - Deluxe Edition

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

And then you'll need to uninstall that to have room for Halo Infinite. I'm expecting that to be, like, half a terabyte or something. Pray they don't try to use 4K FMV.
Remember those Steam bundles of game + Steam Controller or Steam Link?

I'm hoping when Halo launches on Steam, they will have game + SDD packs. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I'm 'holy shit UT 2004 wants three (3) GB for its install!' old.
I'm actually "my PC doesn't even have a hard drive, and uses 5 1/4 floppies to start the OS" old. :p

Or, my new hard-drive is so big, it has 600MB of storage capacity!!! ;)

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
This bundle is amazing

For 4.99 you get:

Detention
Guilty Guear Xrd -Sign-
King of Fighters 2002 UM
Asterbreed
Cosmic Star Heroine
Yatagarasu
Winged Sakura
Analogue A Hate Story
God damn it my bank keeps processing my purchases out of order so I cant use my card, Gonna have to pick this up when it goes through in a few days. Ive been wanting Cosmic Star Heroine for a while.

Reactions: dummmyy

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
HOLY FUCK! Is Cube World coming back? I need to dig out my details as it's been years since i played it.
I'd honestly given it up for dead... then i got out of the habit of checking for vital signs and it comes back to life behind my back, sheesh!

Deleted member 113

That new Fanatical bundle is really a great deal.

Astebreed: Definitive Edition is worth the price alone, let alone when you include all the other games.
Even The Adventures of Fei Duanmu, which not many people are aware of, is very enjoyable (too bad the DLC was never translated to English).

Reactions: NarohDethan

Deleted member 113

This bundle is amazing

For 4.99 you get:

Detention
Guilty Guear Xrd -Sign-
King of Fighters 2002 UM
Asterbreed
Cosmic Star Heroine
Yatagarasu
Winged Sakura
Analogue A Hate Story
You forgot about The Coma: Recut + Soundtrack and artbook DLC. :)

It's an even better deal!

Reactions: Arsene and Nabs

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I honestly don't really know what sort of strategy game AoW: Planetfall is which is what keeps me from buying it.

I really like AoW3, it was kinda a more modern take (with a fantasy setting) on Heroes Might and Magic game.

But I don't know if Planetfall is like AoW3, but with a sci-fi setting or more like Civ or something else.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I honestly don't really know what sort of strategy game AoW: Planetfall is which is what keeps me from buying it.

I really like AoW3, it was kinda a more modern take (with a fantasy setting) on Heroes Might and Magic game.

But I don't know if Planetfall is like AoW3, but with a sci-fi setting or more like Civ or something else.
The reviews I have read so far mention that it's a mix of Civ and Xcom.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Couple of unwanted keys from the Fanatical bundle.

Analogue: A Hate Story
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
Cosmic Star Heroine
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Couple of unwanted keys from the Fanatical bundle.

Analogue: A Hate Story
[Hidden content]

Cosmic Star Heroine
[Hidden content]
Got cosmic star heroine, Thanks!

Also we have a dedicated giveaway thread btw

Reactions: kafiend

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Anyone have a source where I can get smarter for Oxygen Not Included? Didn't find an ingame tutorial and the tutorial messages pop up sporadically.

Reactions: Arsene

Deleted member 113

is there any newish (like up to 2 years ish) strategy games like battle for middle earth, i really hate how all the recent ones delve far into mico managing too much
Well, I'm yet to play it, but I've been meaning to give War Party a try:

Reactions: Milena

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Children of Morta will be arriving on PC this September 3, 2019. The Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 versions of the game will launch on October 15, 2019.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
This bundle is amazing

For 4.99 you get:

Detention
Guilty Guear Xrd -Sign-
King of Fighters 2002 UM
Asterbreed
Cosmic Star Heroine
Yatagarasu
Winged Sakura
Analogue A Hate Story
edit: The Coma: Recut - Deluxe Edition
Hmm.
Only really interested in CSH, decisions decisions.

Wheelsner

Aug 7, 2019

Only 5 hrs in (and never spent a massive amount of time in AoW 3 despite buying all the expansions) so my thoughts may change and my memory's a bit hazy re the last game.

It definitely seems more AoW in space than Civ or anything else so far with a similar mix of turn based tactical combat with city building and resource management. It does seem they've injected a bit more 4x into the mix this time however, with an expanded and more traditional research system/ tech tree, a greater focus on developing your settlements (with a sector based approach superficially similar to Endless Legend) and somewhat expanded diplomacy.

Reactions: derExperte

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

Heroes & villains come in all shapes and sizes: from pint-sized, pinballing bugs to hungry meatball monsters. Meet the characters coming to Origin Access* Basic and Premier on August 20:

• Vampyr – One of the most member-requested titles. As a doctor and a newly-turned Vampyr, you can choose to save the people of London...or feed on them.
  • Overcooked: Gourmet Edition – There’s never too many cooks in this kitchen. Team up with friends to manage the chaos and dish out orders.
  • The Escapists – Smuggle stolen goods, start a riot, or dig a huge underground tunnel. How you escape is up to you.
  • Mugsters – Only you have the tools to outrun (and outsmart) the aliens that have enslaved humanity in this physics-based action-puzzler.
  • Yoku’s Island Express – Follow Yoku through Mokumana Island as he seeks to awaken an ancient deity in an open-world pinball adventure.
  • Dear Esther – Wander onto a desolate island, and discover a purely story-driven experience about love, loss and redemption.
  • Renowned Explorers: International Society – Launch historic expeditions around the world, find treasure and face unique conflicts along the way.

Exclusively for Origin Access Premier subscribers:

• Warhammer: Chaosbane Magnus Edition – Take on the Chaos hordes solo or recruit friends to wield magic and restore order to a war-ravaged world. Magnus Edition includes the Deluxe pack and the Season Pass.
Might give Vampyr a shot.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
So a dev of a game supposedly lost all of the source stuff and has stopped developing the game...then is gonna remove the game from the store (as in can't purchase).

I can't grasp how people don't backups and I am sitting here feeling like I do it too much on stuff that probably doesn't even need to be backed up.

Deleted member 113

So a dev of a game supposedly lost all of the source stuff and has stopped developing the game...then is gonna remove the game from the store (as in can't purchase).

I can't grasp how people don't backups and I am sitting here feeling like I do it too much on stuff that probably doesn't even need to be backed up.
If I may ask, what game?

sees Ducktales is being de-listed
checks steam to buy
already in your library

:p
This happens more frequently to us than we would like to admit. ;)

Speaking of Ducktales, if anyone is on the fence, the game is very enjoyable, and is well worth checking out. Not just because it's being delisted, it's a very enjoyable remake of the original game.
I purchased the game when it launched, paid whatever price it was sold for, and I certainly got my money's worth (and finished it, something that's becoming rarer and rarer :p).

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
If I may ask, what game?

TIME TO SAY GOODBYE
8 AUG @ 3:42AM - KACPER STASIEŁUK
Hi everyone,
After many months, I come back to you to give you two messages: good and bad. Let's start with the bad one.
For technical reasons related to the loss of all "Flame of Memory" project files, the game can no longer be developed. It is likely that the sale will be completed shortly and it will no longer be possible to buy it. I'm glad that some of you like this game. The people who bought it will still be able to play it from what I know. However, this is the end of bad news.

As a game developer, I want to grow all the time. Some time ago, together with my friend, we started the production of our common computer game called "Beekeeper". It is an economic strategy based on running your own apiary. If you are interested in this project, you can go to its website in the Steam Store.

The premiere of the game in the Early Access version should take place soon.

I hope you will understand this situation. You are the best!

Deleted member 113

The Enhanced Edition Update for Redeemer is now out:

What I played of it a while back was very enjoyable, if you like the genre, and with the game currently at 90% off, it would probably be a good use for the card money we ocassionaly acumulate in our Steam wallets.

Reactions: MJunioR and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.