Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

I like what I'm seeing and hearing in the trailer.

Mine are still in good condition but I dont use them that often. But battery is still shit.
The new revisions have better battery btw, it's still not great but they now at least last (almost) a whole evening. Also the top back buttons don't get stuck anymore. And the lower back buttons are less prone to completely breaking. And the rubber on the sticks doesn't fall off after a few weeks.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I'm big into PC games these days (a good thing since I only have a PC atm :cuteblob: )
But having basically three choices of poison as go to websites is breaking my balls more and more.
PC Gamer, RPS, DSO Gaming

Are there really no PC website worth a damn ?
I still enjoy RPS, even though i don't enjoy some of the newer writers' work. They still tend to be one of the few places to cover a lot of smaller indie/experimental stuff, especially the video team with their Review Roulette.

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
Is Ys8 in a good state yet? I know it had tons of issues at launch, even after the re-translation.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I had no problems with Ys, but it's free for the weekend so go play it.

It's a meaty game. I wonder how many will find a way to beat it this weekend.

Deleted member 113

For those that care about controller support, ATOM: RPG was just updated with controller support:

These developers continue to do an awesome job with their post-launch support. (y)

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Sony stepping up their DS4 color game

Warning, DS4s are dangerous. I used mine for the first time on my PC Friday night as I couldn't find my Steam Controller and my XBONE one was being difficult, I dropped it a while back and the cable connection is a little sensitive atm.

In the 30mins or so I played Zaccaria with my DS4 on the PC via cable, I managed to secretly turn on my PS4 and then buy Call of Duty Blops 4 deluxe edition and the game pass in two separate transactions just by mostly using trigger pulls to activate the flippers. AUS$107 bucks and that was at 50% off, could have wasted $215 or so. I got refunds for both but only to my wallet.
Also more good games have launched today that will this month on Epic.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Warning, DS4s are dangerous. I used mine for the first time on my PC Friday night as I couldn't find my Steam Controller and my XBONE one was being difficult, I dropped it a while back and the cable connection is a little sensitive atm.

In the 30mins or so I played Zaccaria with my DS4 on the PC via cable, I managed to secretly turn on my PS4 and then buy Call of Duty Blops 4 deluxe edition and the game pass in two separate transactions just by mostly using trigger pulls to activate the flippers. AUS$107 bucks and that was at 50% off, could have wasted $215 or so. I got refunds for both but only to my wallet.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I always double check if my Switch isn't on whenever I use its controller on PC. I enabled the little light on the pro pad to be confident it's connected to my PC and not my Switch. Useful.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Yep, I use a DS4 quite often on PC (wired and wireless) and haven't had any problems yet, but that is a pretty wild experience and one I'll definitely have to keep in mind.

Also totally in for one of those purple ones that NarohDethan posted earlier. I'm a sucker for anything purple.. :shrugblob:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
We are haunted by a ghost, the ghost of Tim Sweeney. His digital shadow roaming in the dark corners of Netville and we won't know the rest until the word Epic is banned from the vocabulary.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Is the port decent now?
Well it's not going to get better.
As far as I know, it's a matter of luck/graphics card whether it runs fine or not, so this free weekend is probably a good chance to find out. Still annoyed at NISA's handling of the game though and think it's still too expensive for the shit they pulled.

Nice. Gonna grab me some more Experience Inc. with those prices, either Stranger of Sword City or Operation Abyss.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'll just leave this here...

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I went to check the status of a credit card that was supposedly blocked because I have another card blocked due to debt reestructuring with the same bank. The lady told me that my card isnt blocked or locked whatsoever.
So, to test it out, I added it to my Steam account and purchased a small amount of wallet credit, and the purchase went through.

But I started thinking that, what if I wasnt supposed to use it. Can the bank issue a chargeback? Will Volvo ban my account? That would fucking suck.

Flips

Overwhelmingly Positive
May 12, 2019
It has been some years when I had dual boot, but https://neosmart.net/EasyBCD software helped back then.
Dual booting info: Newer versions of Windows
EasyBCD did the trick. I already had it installed because I wanted to rename the two Windows entries but I didn't realize you could manually add an entry to the boot manager. Your post made me look into EasyBCD a bit more and so far it seems like it's working as I had initially planned.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: fokkusu

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Narrator: It was a battle royale game.

That's why you say no to video game consoles.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Narrator: It was a battle royale game.
I think he learned his lesson chasing the Overwatch money with his last title.
He needs to go back to his platformer roots dammit. Give me Jazz3 or give me a spiritual sequel, Folk Cottontale (etc). Trying to take down his former employers probably not in his best interest if he does get back into the medium

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I went to check the status of a credit card that was supposedly blocked because I have another card blocked due to debt reestructuring with the same bank. The lady told me that my card isnt blocked or locked whatsoever.
So, to test it out, I added it to my Steam account and purchased a small amount of wallet credit, and the purchase went through.

But I started thinking that, what if I wasnt supposed to use it. Can the bank issue a chargeback? Will Volvo ban my account? That would fucking suck.
Someone? My anxiety is fucking killing me lol

I talked to customer service over the phone and told me that there shouldnt be any issue...BUT WHAT IF THERE IS?! Ahh I dont wanna lose my account!

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
NarohDethan I don't think you'll lose your account. If the purchases went through then everything should be fine I think. If you're still worried about it then contact Steam customer service to double check though that might add unnecessary drama.

Reactions: NarohDethan

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Someone? My anxiety is fucking killing me lol

I talked to customer service over the phone and told me that there shouldnt be any issue...BUT WHAT IF THERE IS?! Ahh I dont wanna lose my account!
From what I've read over the years, Valve just like Sony really don't like you issuing chargebacks through your credit card so there's that. However, I've never seen a bank issuing a chargeback by themselves, if there's anything wrong they had to block the purchase before it going through (unless the bank get notified that your card was stolen, but that's another whole topic).

Worst case scenario: you lose your Steam account, and start a new one on EGS.
"worst" smh

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
NarohDethan I don't think you'll lose your account. If the purchases went through then everything should be fine I think. If you're still worried about it then contact Steam customer service to double check though that might add unnecessary drama.
AFAIK Valve gives you a one time warning with a 9 week cooldown, after that if you do it again then you’re toast.
From what I've read over the years, Valve just like Sony really don't like you issuing chargebacks through your credit card so there's that. However, I've never seen a bank issuing a chargeback by themselves, if there's anything wrong they had to block the purchase before it going through (unless the bank get notified that your card was stolen, but that's another whole topic).
That was what I was thinking too. Unless the bank is hopelessly incompetent I dont think a transaction can just slip through the cracks.
Worst case scenario: you lose your Steam account, and start a new one on EGS.
I would rather stick to Nintendo in that case.

Reactions: fsdood

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
That was what I was thinking too. Unless the bank is hopelessly incompetent I dont think a transaction can just slip through the cracks
If a card is blocked/locked/whatever I have doubts anything can "slip through", the few times I had to deal with blocked cards because the bank anti-fraud system went batshit crazy the card was literally an unusable piece of plastic.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
If a card is blocked/locked/whatever I have doubts anything can "slip through", the few times I had to deal with blocked cards because the bank anti-fraud system went batshit crazy the card was literally an unusable piece of plastic.
Yeah, same. It would VERY weird.
My solace would be that it wasnt my fault, they themselves told me to go ahead.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So has there been any word on when Fallout76 is leaving early access and releasing on Steam? They kinda said its coming and then been quiet since.

I played through a lot of the Fallout 4 dlc recently and really enjoyed my time with it. Kind of in the mood for some more Fallout but don't really want to start a new game in 4 since the main story in it kinda sucks. Would prefer to just play 76 especially since they promised voice acting npcs and storylines etc at E3. And despite all the shit reviews and bad PR I am still kind of intrigued to try an online only fallout.

So hurry up Bethesda. Also don't cost more than 15-20$. Kthnxs Todd.

Status
Not open for further replies.