Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I just did a restart for a windows update and now the Steam overlay in Shibuya Scramble is broken.
What a great way to start the long weekend :disapproval-blob:
There is a way to force steam overlay in games. Look up the tomb raider legend guide page and it is mentioned there.

Reactions: Ascheroth

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
if you exclude hardware (valve index) peach ball is in the global top 10 selling games.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
There is a way to force steam overlay in games. Look up the tomb raider legend guide page and it is mentioned there.
Oh, that's nice to know.
I ended up just doing a system restore to before the update after realizing that it had even more nice side-effects, like having Danganronpa not even launch at all anymore and who knows what else.
Now everything works again...

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Oh, that's nice to know.
I ended up just doing a system restore to before the update after realizing that it had even more nice side-effects, like having Danganronpa not even launch at all anymore and who knows what else.
Now everything works again...
I just updated, and no problems with 428 either on my main desktop or on Win 2, so...
And given the severity of the 0-day the update patched... I'd still do it.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
What’s the most recent Heroes III clone that people like ? Or love why not. Seem like the most famous examples are getting quite old.
Is there nothing to get out of the newer ubi ?

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
First time playing NMS, the performance is not too good, not sure if is the new patch or the game is that way.
Some jumps to 40 fps then 60fps and 50fps and then 60 fps.
GTX 1070
i5 9600k
16Gb ram 3000 mhz

Last edited:

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
I just did a restart for a windows update and now the Steam overlay in Shibuya Scramble is broken.
What a great way to start the long weekend :disapproval-blob:
Oh, so that's what happened.
I was wondering why I couldn't take screenshots with Steam.

In related news, Tama is best girl :D

For VN fans, how's Saya No Uta? Is correct that howlongtobeat says 6 hours?
That seems reasonable. The script is about 60k words, a bit less if you're reading the "all ages" version.

It took me about 3 hours, but I read pretty fast and normally take about half/two thirds of the average time on HLTB to finish a VN.

If Zachtronics games scare you, this one might be the one to try out:

Cheapest I've seen it so far.
I will highly recommend this to anyone who are curious about Zachtronics games.
It is one of their more approachable titles, despite having a lot of depth, and it automatically generates nice looking gifs of your solutions.

Reactions: lashman and Nabs

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I handed my 12 yr old nephew my Steam Controller the other day. It took him 30 seconds to get the hang of it. I threw him right into Borderlands with a controller+mouse+gyro config, and he was a pro in no time. He wanted to take the controller with him, but he doesn't have a gaming pc yet.

This makes me think highly of those who act like the Steam Controller is impossible to get used to. Also, Valve really needs a video/marketing team.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Good news for Trails fans.

Some good QoL features.

Ribose said:
  • Alphabetized Crossbell City Library material (awaiting editing): One minor detail about the library was that the Japanese release categorized and sorted their entries about the lore in Japanese kana order. That is, the first category is “A~Z”, the second is “ア行” (meaning the “A line” of the Japanese alphabet, which includes words starting with ア, イ, ウ, エ, or オ– a, i, u, e, or o, in that order), and the third continues along that alphabet. This makes a lot of sense for Japanese, but almost none in English, when words are also translated into those with different starting sounds, or with English’s tendency to have deviations from spelling to pronunciation. Our solution was to reorder the menus entirely in this section, sorting it in English alphabetical order, and fixing the resulting haphazard letter-splitting that then occurs. So for example, the page containing 5 “カ行” items (“K” line, sorted ka, ki, ku, ke, ko, of course) was changed to contain 4 “E-F” items, as shown below. Do note that the most difficult part of this was changing the number of items in each menu.
More at the link.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Is it "US IGN's Football Manager 2009 Review" bad?
I need to find an archive link but imagine a UK reviewer comparing Out Of The Park to MLB The Show. The reviewer spent the whole review comparing Football Manager to FIFA. IGN US took it down, issued an apology and put the IGN UK review up in it's place. lol. UK gave it a 9, US a 2.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
If Zachtronics games scare you, this one might be the one to try out:

Cheapest I've seen it so far.
Yeah just because this one is more approachable doesn't mean it's simpler or isn't applicable to computer science. I think this one is probably the most elegant and most well designed of the Zachtronics titles. (and this comes from a real life x86 assembly lover)

Reactions: Kvik and Nabs

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Is it "US IGN's Football Manager 2009 Review" bad?
I need to find an archive link but imagine a UK reviewer comparing Out Of The Park to MLB The Show. The reviewer spent the whole review comparing Football Manager to FIFA. IGN US took it down, issued an apology and put the IGN UK review up in it's place. lol. UK gave it a 9, US a 2.
Had no idea about this. What a remarkable big brain moment.

Reactions: Arsene

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It was legendary on the forums over here. We laughed and laughed and laughed. One of those moments you don't forget.
I mean, how do you not get what it's trying to do? As a sports reviewer surely he'd have realised it was a mangement Sim?
Comedy gold.

Found some old quotes:
4.0 Gameplay
Yes, the depth of management in this game is impressive. But, it’s not impressive enough to make up for the fact that you aren’t actually playing soccer.
I couldn’t imagine why anybody would prefer Worldwide Soccer Manager to FIFA 09 or Pro Evolution Soccer 2009.

Last edited:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
It was legendary on the forums over here. We laughed and laughed and laughed. One of those moments you don't forget.
I mean, how do you not get what it's trying to do? As a sports reviewer surely he'd have realised it was a mangement Sim?
Comedy gold.

Found some old quotes:

4.0 Gameplay
Yes, the depth of management in this game is impressive. But, it’s not impressive enough to make up for the fact that you aren’t actually playing soccer.
Holy shit

Holy fucking shit

So, after recovering from the quoted post I just noticed that AoE DE W10 beta test is ending tomorrow. Maybe we will get a release date then? Or maybe a surprise release on Monday? I didn't knew that I missed the first AoE so much. i also miss aoe 3 mind you

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I suppose it’s fair to say that we will have a new wave of game pass games for gamescom..
I’m already drowning in games though, nearing a definite too much. It’s so fucking sad when you have too much of a good thing.

PSA I ‘m talking for myself, don’t go stepping on my shiny newly operated on balls. They are innocent in this !

Edit. Hey, I like that at 5am this post lead me to remember some philosophy classes and epicureanism in particular.

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Klei just released the last major pre-release beta update for Hot Lava, adding a bunch of new language translations and some smaller stuff. The full game will launch this fall. Achievements and Trading Cards will be added at launch.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I suppose it’s fair to say that we will have a new wave of game pass games for gamescom..
I’m already drowning in games though, nearing a definite too much. It’s so fucking sad when you have too much of a good thing.

PSA I ‘m talking for myself, don’t go stepping on my shiny newly operated on balls. They are innocent in this !

Edit. Hey, I like that at 5am this post lead me to remember some philosophy classes and epicureanism in particular.
Yeah. I want to buy some games, but I already have a fucking shit ton of them to play. I'll be a responsible adult I guess.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yeap. I need to finish more stuff on PC before Astral Chain and other games hit the Switch.
Eh, I don't have a Switch anymore, and at this point, can't even sincerely miss it. I wanted to buy a new model but money isn't infinite and like already said, when could I play all these games ?
Astral Chains intrigues me, and while I have dropped Luigi Mansion 2 early on the sequel excites me though. We will see.

But I'm really drowning. Yesterday I caved and bought No Man's Sky. And didn't play it. Because I can't slot it. I have some thinking on my consumer habits to do. But... I have no social life, if I stop buying games, then what will define me ?
Man. This got pretty dark :face-with-cold-sweat:

PS. I should force myself through the remainder of the New Colossus, OCD for the OCD God !

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Eh, I don't have a Switch anymore, and at this point, can't even sincerely miss it. I wanted to buy a new model but money isn't infinite and like already said, when could I play all these games ?
Astral Chains intrigues me, and while I have dropped Luigi Mansion 2 early on the sequel excites me though. We will see.

But I'm really drowning. Yesterday I caved and bought No Man's Sky. And didn't play it. Because I can't slot it. I have some thinking on my consumer habits to do. But... I have no social life, if I stop buying games, then what will define me ?
Man. This got pretty dark :face-with-cold-sweat:

PS. I should force myself through the remainder of the New Colossus, OCD for the OCD God !
I just resolved to dont spend money on things I kind of care. I want Judgment, but since the PC version is definitely coming and I barely use my PS4, it makes no sense to buy it there. I'm a Platinum fanboy so I'm pretty excited about AC so i think it is justified.

But I still have a shit ton of debt, so I need to be careful with my purchasing habits.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

How much is the N/S version again? Since this seems like a really cheap price for the game? Price error?

Also I'm playing through HL2 and even though I did not grow up with HL and only just recently played it about a month ago, there was something about the beginning of HL2 that actually brought a smile to my face (this rarely happens to me with games). This was mostly at the part with Barney and the beer that he owes you

Status
Not open for further replies.