Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Like clockwork, console players get a taste of what PC have had for years and its like alien technology for them.

Never forget secret sauce PS5 SSD conversations
In the words of Arthur C. Clarke "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Seeing how talk of "magic sauce" and stuff like that was and to some extent still is prevalent in video game circles, I guess modern IT technology is literally magic to a lot of people. Let us pray that the almighty Sony gods will spare our PCs

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Don't really see how the PS5 hardware can do anything to PC gaming.
According to some experts on Era nextgen having physicsdefyinglyfast SSDs might lead to disarray, fragment PC gaming, possibly leading to it's death. But tbf most responses in that thread are 'lolno'.

Btw, here are some other articles from the same author: Nintendo Switch Lite Is the Antidote We Need to Sony's Naked Cash-Grab + PlayStation 5 Will Be Dead on Arrival with Sony's 'Hardcore Gamer' Strategy

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Europeans cannot easily watch the first Upper Bracket games, but it gets better for the next days:

Last edited:
Reactions: Samson

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
It happens every time without fail in Minecraft, the moment you gear up with diamond gear.... you die and never find your shit again.XD

But found more diamond while trying to find my old stuff, so its all good.:D

Reactions: MJunioR

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So we do we find out about all the EGS exclusives from Gamescom?
Tomorrow during Keighleys Gamescom event.

My guess would be...

Avengers
Dying LIght 2
Persona 5
Days Gone
Death Stranding

Sweeney is definitely getting his hands on one of those. Persona and Days gone are real possibility imo since they are UE games. And Sony apparently allowed the Cage games to be ported over so they seem to love the moneybag.

Reactions: lashman and Nabs

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I don't get why Xseed/Marvelous aren't selling peach ball keys on their own store like all other senran kagura games.
I also don't get why they barely advertise they have a store or they don't match prices with Steam during sales like other companies do, weird.

Reactions: PC-tan

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

My guess would be...

Avengers
Dying LIght 2
Persona 5
Days Gone
Death Stranding

Sweeney is definitely getting his hands on one of those. Persona and Days gone are real possibility imo since they are UE games. And Sony apparently allowed the Cage games to be ported over so they seem to love the moneybag.
Persona doesnt run on UE

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Persona doesnt run on UE
Hmm you are right. I don't know why I always thought it did. That one won't be it tho I still feel like the Royal thing they are doing is gonna come to more platforms eventually.

KH3 is Unreal so maybe Square puts that one out on PC with EGS first. So swap that I guess.

Reactions: lashman

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Wait, Days Gone is Sony's first-party, wouldn't it be more beneficial for Sony to go multiplatform with a market leader and not...whatever EGS is?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
So we do we find out about all the EGS exclusives from Gamescom?
Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Avengers game are almost confirmed at this point :minos_poop:

My guess would be...

Avengers
Dying LIght 2
Persona 5
Days Gone
Death Stranding

Don't think that Days Gone is coming to PC. DG is a first party-exclusive and Bend Studio still is under Sony's umbrella. I think that QD and thatgamecompany games releasing on PC is more like they showing that they are now multi-plat devs than Sony caring for PC storefronts.

Now, I seriously hope DL2 isn't an exclusive but it fits every checkbox Epic has to throw them the deal and so does Death Stranding - although I care a little less for DS, I still would like to see it releasing on Steam. Would pre-order it for sure.

Anyway, I'm really excited to get a release date on AoE DE, to check out SEGA's new AAA, and maybe something Konami related. I don't believe on those MGSV Demon Edition rumors but I'd love to get something MGS related there. Like, maybe a MGS3 remaster on Steam / Switch.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
hahaha imagine Judgment coming to PC in October or even November hahaha please sega do it
I can see them doing it, the game is a spin-off and doesn't have much connection (or so I think) to the series at large, there's no need to wait till 3-6 gonna hit PC.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

Era is becoming such a self-hating hellhole. Do all those people even recognize the stupidity of what they are saying? Or are those people trolling and not even playing games, but why are they even on a gaming Forum?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
At what time is the Sega stuff?

Era is becoming such a self-hating hellhole. Do all those people even recognize the stupidity of what they are saying? Or are those people trolling and not even playing games, but why are they even on a gaming Forum?
People defend stupid shit like that because it reinforces the 'us vs them' narrative that has been going on in gaming circles. The capital G gamers and the cool videogame players. When that dev says 'gamers' people 'on the other side' picture a gamergator guy who does nothing but to harass woman and shit post on 4chan. I mean I'm not a gamergator and I'm not offended by that guy's comments (lol EA). But treating your customers disrespectfully can only blow in your face.

Last edited:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Just remembered that Pine will also be on Gamescom (not sure if it's on the ONL), one of my most expected games :steam_gp_corgi:

What makes you think that?
Take Two, If I had to guess, Private Division will be their subdivision handling it.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Also, if you're going to shit talk people at least have something to back it up. That's why Kamiya gets away with this Twitter persona. Respawn is now inseparable from EA until they buy their contract or EA kills the studio. Talking about Respawn is talking about the same company that sells virtual trading cards to kids and people with gambling problems.

If you want stuff to change, then don;t consume. Want Amazon to drop their shitty practices? Stop buying from them. Is it too cheap or convenient to stop buying from them? That's fine, but then dont go online to put other people down for their consuming habits.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Tempted to give Frog Detective a try, looks positively charming, but it's what, 4 bucks for 1 hour of playtime ? I know this isn't a very important metric but uguu !

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Will the new settlers be revealed at Gamescom?
and will it be egs exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.