Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So nintendo, then inside xbox, then stadia, and finally gamescom opening stream.
I guess that’s tomorrow wrapped.

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
15 17 19 20 pm respectively CEST.
Buuuuuut, you should wait for the confirmation of someone for whom reading timezones is not like reading the Kabbala.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

15 17 19 20 pm respectively CEST.
Buuuuuut, you should wait for the confirmation of someone for whom reading timezones is not like reading the Kabbala.

Thank you. :dabblob:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Hot take: if Insomniac's Spiderman wasnt an exclusive, it wouldnt be as praised as it is now. Extremely average game.
Another game that was highly praised (getting a bunch of 8/9) was Octopath Traveler but in general it's just above average. Not a bad game but not as good as some people made it out to be. I was able to get a lot further in my PC run of the game but I still ended up putting the game on hold.

I'm not a fan of certain video game "news" outlets (I'm hoping that Google has a way to filter out certain websites?) But I do have to give them some credit when they do point some things out.

Is it offline now or is no one playing it? I do know they stopped the updates and such due to player count I think.
I just jumped back in today and I think about a year ago was the last time I played the game. It seems like it is still active but with maybe only a small player base, which is enough to get a match of 8v8 (or close to it). I am not sure how this works but as far as I am aware this game does not have dedicated servers an instead someone host the match, or at least there is a mode that does that, the issue is that if host leaves then every one gets kicked out, which sucks.

The game does have a small player base and they do not all seem to be from the same area. Lag is an issue, I will shoot someone and then all of a sudden I am the one that is dead, this makes the game feel unresponvie, which is a real shame since it's a fun game had maybe Koji Pro LA added some more features in the game like typing for chat and the dedicated servers (Konami would be the one keeping the servers up and running) then maybe there would be more players in my area and I would keep on playing.

I have never played MGO2 but I hear that people say it's a lot better than MGO3 and I wonder why that is? Hopefully another games comes around and has gameplay that is as enjoyable as MGS V. There are some elements of MGS V that are annoying but are part of the game, such as not being able to fall down immediately and having to wait for the button prompt.

It seems like MGS V has an average of 1.5k or so concurrent users I can almost guarantee you that is not how many people are in MGO3, I am guessing that the FOB and mods are what keeps that number high.

MGO3 was added later to PC and you can sort of tell that is what not meant to be a part of MGS V since your PC treats MGS V and MGO3 as different programs? One you boot up MGS V you then have to go into MGO3 but instead of it just being a multiplayer mode, your PC basically closes MGSV and then restarts it in order to play MGO3 and then if you want to properly quit MGO3 you have to go back into MGS V and then quit there. It's dumb how it's set up and should maybe been a stand alone type of thing on Steam

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
And might I add, let's say today is a catastrophe, full of shit and Epic exclusives. So what ?
We live in a period when we literally can say "oh well, there is always tomorrow". That's how good we have it.

As a great man once said, 'you thought there were a lot of good releases, but for me it was Tuesday'.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The only thing im really hoping for out of gamescon is that Yakuza 3 HD leak to be real. I know its a wild guess, But I'm also really hoping it gets a Day 1 PC port,

It'd definitely explain why it took so long to come to the west, and SEGA did say in their financial callings a few months ago that they were moving away from making PS4 exclusives in favor of multiplatform releases, and that they'd continue to release PC ports through Steam. So.......... SEGA please.

Also SEGA listed Yakuza 6 for PC in their financial call (twice) about a year ago now. Bringing Yakuza 3-5 to PC would explain why they skipped 6 and went straight to Kiwami 2 instead, They definitely want to release it in chronological order.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Here are some Gamescom conference links for those who dislikes going to ERA for anything.

Nintendo.

Xbox.

Stadia.

Conference schedule with timezones.

Gamescom 2019 scheduleConference Date (UK)UK time (BST)EU time (CEST)East Coast US time (EDT)West Coast US time (PDT)Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Nintendo Indie WorldMonday, August 1914:0015:009:0006:0023:00
Inside XboxMonday, August 1917:0018:0012:0009:0002:00 (20 Aug)
Google Stadia ConnectMonday, August 1918:0019:0013:0010:0003:00 (20 Aug)
Gamescom Opening Night LiveMonday, August 1919:0020:0014:0011:0004:00 (20 Aug)

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The only thing im really hoping for out of gamescon is that Yakuza 3 HD leak to be real. I know its a wild guess, But I'm also really hoping it gets a Day 1 PC port,

It'd definitely explain why it took so long to come to the west, and SEGA did say in their financial callings a few months ago that they were moving away from making PS4 exclusives in favor of multiplatform releases, and that they'd continue to release PC ports through Steam. So.......... SEGA please.

Also SEGA listed Yakuza 6 for PC in their financial call (twice) about a year ago now. Bringing Yakuza 3-5 to PC would explain why they skipped 6 and went straight to Kiwami 2 instead, They definitely want to release it in chronological order.
There was a Yakuza 3 HD leak?

How knowns maybe they will also say Sakura Wars is coming to PC date and day with the PS4 version in the west. Since that is at least one SEGA game/series that is currently not slated for PC?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way here is some footage of MGO3 that I did from earlier today.

For some reason the audio did not record

Here are some other clips, in the first one it was back in 2014 when I first out together my gaming PC. I had Linux and I was using an Xbox 360 controller to play TF2.

The second video is from a week ago and that is with me playing with mouse and keyboard. I have improved a lot since then.

I usually don't share this stuff (hence why these videos are unlisted) but I did want to share with you what some of my gaming experience have been like.

Also the MGO3 gameplay is from me using an Xbox One controller

Last edited:

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Rogue Heist releasing on August 19th as an Early Access game, seems like it will be free to play according to SteamDB

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
On a totally different topic, I'd like to share these articles about indie games. Even though some concepts may be outdated I still find all this interesting (and I'm not interested in Bounty Mode system).

Maybe you already know all this but just in case :

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Played through Wolfenstein 2 via gamepass. Some gamepass beta bugs were definitely a thing as the mouse sensitivity reset every time I closed out the game. And for whatever fucking reason the default was at 12. So yea it was annoying having to go into controls every time I launched the game and set it to 100...because how the fuck can anyone play an fps on PC with sensitivity at 12 out of 100. And there was a bunch of console debug crashes but overall nothing too annoying.

Anyways this was a very entertaining game throughout and I gotta say I loved it more than TNO in almost every way. I didn't enjoy TNO all that much and thought outside of the first + last hour of the game it was very boring. This one was very funny and entertaining the entire time. The cutscenes were well made and pacing was damn good. Visiting your old home and the whole getting caught stuff was amazing. The stuff with Hitler was so good too that whole level was 5 stars. The ending was kind of a letdown compared to TNO but it started feeling a bit repetitive so I'm glad it wrapped up.

I will say tho there was a massive difficulty spike. I definitely died much more than I did in TNO. Especially in the first hour or so of this game. Eventually I just started playing the game like it was half-life, quake etc. Just run n gun nonstop and never use aim down sights. Ofc I stopped dying after that. I honestly don't know why ADS are in this game. Or the heavy weapons. These things are just traps to slow you down so you can get killed as levels are designed for you to get constantly flanked. It felt like they finished developing the game and then in final weeks leading to release they added ADS. There is no use for it in the game at all. Running and gunning with the shotgun was the best thing about the game and I am glad I didn't play it with any stealth. It was so tense destroying everyone and while instantly picking up armor/health just to continue destroying everything in sight. Probably one of the best shotty experiences I ever had in a video game.

But yea this was a fine fps game that I would recommend to everyone. I think TNO is like a 6-7 out of 10. This is like an 8-9. Just an all around good time.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, after seeings the new Minecraft and Vampire RTX trailers, I think I need to invest in a piggy bank. I hadn’t given it much thought given the outrageous pricing of the cards, but this is everything I wanted from this gen and next : lightning.
But 2080/2080ti are lol and while 2070 are relatively more affordable, wouldn’t it give shit RTX perfs ?
Better to wait for the next gpu wave ?

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Death Stranding announced for PC... on EGS.

RDR2 announced for EGS.

“and that, kids, was the day the Internet died”

Just give me Yakuza3

Reactions: QFNS and BO7AMMOOD

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Death Stranding announced for PC... on EGS.

RDR2 announced for EGS.

“and that, kids, was the day the Internet died”

Just give me Yakuza3
Will be so disappointing if it actually happens as I want to play both RDR2 and DS so much.

EGS has been such a garbage addition to pc gaming. I wish some of these devs just raised the price of their games on steam by 10$ if the stupid profit and percentage cut is so fucking important to them. I would rather spend 70$ on a steam version of DS instead of even giving as low as 10$ for an EGS version at this point.

Fuck it. You know what? Raise the price by 30$ if you have to. I would legit drop 90$ on a steam version of DS today in a heartbeat instead of giving any money at all for an EGS version.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I'm likely the odd one out but both RDR2 and Death Stranding leave me neither hot nor cold.

I don't really like Rockstar's open world games (anymore) and my feelings toward Kojima's writing (and tolerance of the overt sexism in his games) has gotten worse over the years.

No doubt both are/will be big events in videogames though, and I really want to see what Death Standing is at least. Mainly to learn if the "social strand system" is actually something original or if it's another "words and deeds" moment.

Last edited:

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
I'm likely the odd one out but both RDR2 and Death Stranding leave me neither hot nor cold.
I won't say I'll never play RDR2 if I have a chance to see it for myself (having never played RDR1 either ; I'm a PC Gamer after all), but Death Stranding is not ringing any bell. Exactly like Control.

But I do understand the hype for those games.

EDIT ; I just noticed your avatar Wok :steam_cleanseal:

Last edited:
Reactions: Wok

Deleted member 113

That is my Gamescom avatar.
You guys worry too much. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Honestly, outside of some curiosity about newer games, I can't say I would be particularly bothered by any potential EGS exclusives.

All this situation with EGS has resulted is that it made me take a long hard look at my backlog, and I realized I have a lot of awesome games to play, without paying a single additional dime (because I already own them), so it definitely made me cut back on my gaming purchases (and crowdfunding backings; thanks, Phoenix Point and Shenmue III :cautious:). So, I can't say I'll be particularly bothered by any new exclusives.

I guess if SEGA announced some EGS exclusive titles it would be slightly disappointing, but that would be it.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah I'm definitely in the same boat. Plenty of other games to play and my backlog is getting some much-needed attention in light of all this. Also counting my blessings that the majority of my must-play games (Nintendo stuff) are and will be on Switch 😇

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Played through Wolfenstein 2 via gamepass. Some gamepass beta bugs were definitely a thing as the mouse sensitivity reset every time I closed out the game. And for whatever fucking reason the default was at 12. So yea it was annoying having to go into controls every time I launched the game and set it to 100...because how the fuck can anyone play an fps on PC with sensitivity at 12 out of 100. And there was a bunch of console debug crashes but overall nothing too annoying.

Anyways this was a very entertaining game throughout and I gotta say I loved it more than TNO in almost every way. I didn't enjoy TNO all that much and thought outside of the first + last hour of the game it was very boring. This one was very funny and entertaining the entire time. The cutscenes were well made and pacing was damn good. Visiting your old home and the whole getting caught stuff was amazing. The stuff with Hitler was so good too that whole level was 5 stars. The ending was kind of a letdown compared to TNO but it started feeling a bit repetitive so I'm glad it wrapped up.

I will say tho there was a massive difficulty spike. I definitely died much more than I did in TNO. Especially in the first hour or so of this game. Eventually I just started playing the game like it was half-life, quake etc. Just run n gun nonstop and never use aim down sights. Ofc I stopped dying after that. I honestly don't know why ADS are in this game. Or the heavy weapons. These things are just traps to slow you down so you can get killed as levels are designed for you to get constantly flanked. It felt like they finished developing the game and then in final weeks leading to release they added ADS. There is no use for it in the game at all. Running and gunning with the shotgun was the best thing about the game and I am glad I didn't play it with any stealth. It was so tense destroying everyone and while instantly picking up armor/health just to continue destroying everything in sight. Probably one of the best shotty experiences I ever had in a video game.

But yea this was a fine fps game that I would recommend to everyone. I think TNO is like a 6-7 out of 10. This is like an 8-9. Just an all around good time.
Glad to hear you liked it.

You talked about the difficulty, but did you also make use of the quicksave mechanic? I found that super helpful compared to TNO, since I could save before any hard encounter, and even during one, say when you made some difficult kills.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Glad to hear you liked it.

You talked about the difficulty, but did you also make use of the quicksave mechanic? I found that super helpful compared to TNO, since I could save before any hard encounter, and even during one, say when you made some difficult kills.
Yea i saved a lot. I found myself saving the most right when I picked up too much health. Where I was over pushing 150+ for example. That way if I died 30-45 seconds later I would storm back full speed running with slightly more health for the fight again. It made all the difficult run and gun encounters even more intense. The gameplay loop was a lot of fun :D

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Chet & Jane Ng (Valve) on the Apex reddit mess twitter.com/chetfaliszek/status/1163199872477982720

Nah, I'd rather just cheer at mighty devs owning dem GAMURS™ and then whine incessantly about said GAMURS™ being more toxic in return.

A cycle of contempt is how you end up with something like the Ooblets situation. If you're generally hostile to people no shit you'll end up angering some insane asshat, but deescalation is always the job of people being reasonably upset, the poor widdle devs can never do wrong and if they do they can always hide behind the "they're only human! they make mistakes and go too far just like us!" excuse that does not apply to costumers being toxic.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Nah, I'd rather just cheer at mighty devs owning dem GAMURS™ and then whine incessantly about said GAMURS™ being more toxic in return.

A cycle of contempt is how you end up with something like the Ooblets situation. If you're generally hostile to people no shit you'll end up angering some insane asshat, but deescalation is always the job of people being reasonably upset, the poor widdle devs can never do wrong and if they do they can always hide behind the "they're only human! they make mistakes and go too far just like us!" excuse that does not apply to costumers being toxic.
Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.