Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Trying to figure out which of these games i want to play and which of these i want to buy (Of course i am talking about gamepass, what do you think? :sneaky: )

Them's a lotta games @_@
Easy choices for me:

August 30th - Man of Medan already bought, I might get Blair Witch later on, but not at launch
September 10th - Greedfall already bought
September 24th: maybe The Surge 2, but it's a big maybe

Not touching EGS of course and Gamepass is still meh for me. Maybe I'll try it for The Outer Worlds. Maybe.

Last edited:

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I stopped caring about Digimon when they started evolving and stopped being cutie little things.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

Druidstone was updated to include a level-editor, and modding support, using Steam Workshop:

Kylac

Apr 17, 2019
Pitchford cancelled entire Callender family’s health insurance, effective the next business day (July 30, 2018). Because the Callender family received no notice of this cancellation from Gearbox, it was learned only when Callender’s wife was unable to obtain her medications from her doctor. During this time, Pitchford dispatched a personal text message to Callender’s new phone number informing Callender to “unbite himself.”

On information and belief, Pitchford also siphoned Gearbox profits to fund parties thrown by Pitchford and his wife at their home for their own personal benefit. At these events — which Pitchford and his wife affectionately term “Peacock Parties”— adult men reportedly exposed themselves in front of minors, to the amusement of Pitchford.

link

randy is in big trouble.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Pitchford cancelled entire Callender family’s health insurance, effective the next business day (July 30, 2018). Because the Callender family received no notice of this cancellation from Gearbox, it was learned only when Callender’s wife was unable to obtain her medications from her doctor. During this time, Pitchford dispatched a personal text message to Callender’s new phone number informing Callender to “unbite himself.”

On information and belief, Pitchford also siphoned Gearbox profits to fund parties thrown by Pitchford and his wife at their home for their own personal benefit. At these events — which Pitchford and his wife affectionately term “Peacock Parties”— adult men reportedly exposed themselves in front of minors, to the amusement of Pitchford.

link

randy is in big trouble.
Nothing about this is in the least surprising. That this man still gets treated with a modicum of respect in conferences and by the media is unbelievable.

Deleted member 113

Regarding those news of Shiren the Wanderer coming to Steam China, has there been any news or additional information of a Steam launch worldwide?

I had a lot of fun with the series on my Nintendo DS, and would love to play it on PC. :)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
That latest Kotaku article is so full of nonsense that my blood is boiling after reading it. Meanwhile, they're one of the only gaming related sites that completely ignored the open letter from the DARQ developer. What a shit site.
well Jason already let everyone know what he thinks about that open letter

so your choice for the person writing that article would be either Jason, or Nathan .... so, you know ...

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019

link

randy is in big trouble.
Oof, if Randy is goinjg to dodge that shit unscathed and no one will say a word than there's something deeply wrong with this industry.

Replace O with U in Kotaku and it would mean dick in my native language, sounds about right.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Man I ain't even got time to follow all this "game industry drama."

fearthedawn you asked about RTS games.

If you ain't playing They Are Billions, you are wrong.

Empires of the Undergrowth is still in Early Access, but what's done so far is excellent, and one-of-a-kind. You'll learn more about ants and their predators and rivals more than any class in entomology.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com

link

randy is in big trouble.
Wow. That's insane.

But is it the same doc that you can find here :

At the end of the article, there's the same "PLAINTIFF’S THIRD AMENDED PETITION" document we can find in your link (I guess, didn't read the whole thing, I'm supposed to be working after all :)

Is there new development in this case ?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
That latest Kotaku article is so full of nonsense that my blood is boiling after reading it. Meanwhile, they're one of the only gaming related sites that completely ignored the open letter from the DARQ developer. What a shit site.
Meh. Kotaku has picked a side the "dev vs gamer war of '19". Its annoying but expected. When devs are faced with major funding/money issues and gamers are getting fucked by lootboxes, ftp and exclusivity deals, we take it out on each other. The economics of games are broken.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
well Jason already let everyone know what he thinks about that open letter

so your choice for the person writing that article would be either Jason, or Nathan .... so, you know ...
Should have someone who have neutral views to write the article tbh. Or at least someone play and invested on PC gaming.
Meh. Kotaku has picked a side the "dev vs gamer war of '19". Its annoying but expected. When devs are faced with major funding/money issues and gamers are getting fucked by lootboxes, ftp and exclusivity deals, we take it out on each other. The economics of games are broken.
It's weird though. Jason has shown his position again and again that he is supportive on developers and give no shit about customers side. But when a developer shows that he don't take Egsclusive deal he mock that developer. It's like he has an agenda or something.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Should have someone who have neutral views to write the article tbh. Or at least someone play and invested on PC gaming.

It's weird though. Jason has shown his position again and again that he is supportive on developers and give no shit about customers side. But when a developer shows that he don't take Egsclusive deal he mock that developer. It's like he has an agenda or something.
Maybe, but from his comment he specifically mentioned "business reasons" as if the DARQ dev made a purely economic choice to make their comments vs a blend of money/customer goodwill. He is probably pro EGS on the dev's side purely for the money that EGS gives out.

Kylac

Apr 17, 2019
Wow. That's insane.

But is it the same doc that you can find here :

At the end of the article, there's the same "PLAINTIFF’S THIRD AMENDED PETITION" document we can find in your link (I guess, didn't read the whole thing, I'm supposed to be working after all :)

Is there new development in this case ?
No it's old apparently. i saw it on my twitter feed and thought it was new info. It's hard to keep track of all these scandals!

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Ascheroth I have a proposal for you, it's about Digimon, do not worry haha
we can discuss this via PMs if you curious, need someone who makes writing better than me ;D

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Are you going to have any games that are exclusive to Steam China here?

Powers: No, no. Our approach has always been pretty non-exclusive. We think games are best when they're available in as many places as possible, and our approach with Steam China will be just the same. If you ship a game on Steam China we're happy for you to ship it anywhere else; we would encourage you to ship it in other places.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
No Digimon on those lists is something.... ugh.... HERESY!
Indeed.
I personally understand neither Digimon's nor Pokemon's appeal, I guess I'm too old :blobmelt:

My younger brother and sister did watch them growing up, but why should I care about Digimon lol?
It's not too late to watch Digimon now! Digimon Adventure 1 and Digimon Tamers are my go-to recommendations. They still hold up and are great.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

That's too bad, it's one of the very, very few big gaming media sites I still visit, enjoy their videos a lot too because, well, they focus on games instead of metacommentary which is refreshing nowadays. Also Tim didn't get to them. Though him paying up might've been a better business plan than being owned by GameStop. Sure, the layoffs' timing was unexpected but with GS being on death's door and them having a relatively big staff it sadly was inevitable.

In better news Fantasy General 2's release date will be announced tomorrow (it'll be in September, dev studio owner already said that much), hope there's a preorder, loved the original back in the day.

Last edited:

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
In better news Fantasy General 2's release date will be announced tomorrow (it'll be in September, dev studio owner already said that much), hope there's a preorder, loved the original back in the day.

I am not 15 any more, I don't have the time for these types games 😢

I played the "General" games (Panzer, Pacific, Fantasy, Star) so, so much in my teens. But campaigns took me forever because I restarted many times to get the "perfect" run. I'd need to quit my day job to play this way nowadays...

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I am not 15 any more, I don't have the time for these types games 😢

I played the "General" games (Panzer, Pacific, Fantasy, Star) so, so much in my teens. But campaigns took me forever because I restarted many times to get the "perfect" run. I'd need to quit my day job to play this way nowadays...
Heh, here one of the owners of the dev studio making FG2 (left one, right one is founder of Deck 13 -> Surge 2) talks about 'silver gamers' and how they're trying to appease ppl with less time and willingness to dig deep without taking away complexity (German only, channel's totally worth subbing to):

Last edited:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
$20 on PC, $7 on iPad.

I get it. However, I hope that Sam wouldn't mind that if I was inclined to buy this game day one, I would be on a mobile platform due to the price difference. :/ Sorry but you said it....

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I get it. However, I hope that Sam wouldn't mind that if I was inclined to buy this game day one, I would be on a mobile platform due to the price difference. :/ Sorry but you said it....
I agree. It is annoying, and unless the reviews are laudatory, it will be a "wait for a deep sale".

I have to pay more because:
  • I only own one gaming platform (no competition between platforms, since I don't have any choice),
  • and it is the less competitive platform of the two (less competition to drive the price down).

I don't know how mobile gamers have managed to achieve this market equilibrium. That is impressive.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I agree. sigh

I have to pay more because I only own one gaming platform (no choice) and it is the less competitive platform of the two.
I have a Moto E4 running Android 7.1 lol. I have a choice but it isn't like being rich and having an IPhone Xs or something. (Rich person gets IPhone XS, pays less for game anyway. Nice) "Mobile" is getting to be as wide as an experience as PC gaming is.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have a Moto E4 running Android 7.1 lol. I have a choice but it isn't like being rich and having an IPhone Xs or something. (Rich person gets IPhone XS, pays less for game anyway. Nice) "Mobile" is getting to be as wide as an experience as PC gaming is.
I think you cannot take advantage of this price without an Apple device, because the game will be available for $7 for iPhone and iPad.
So, isn't Android excluded?

Status
Not open for further replies.