Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Some Knife of Dunwall screens I took.

Final mission is insane. Best method I've seen online is to use the sound from hitting with my sword to initiate enemy's movement cycles. Has to be the oddest thing I've seen in this game far as programing of enemies goes lol.
these are making me want to go back and replay Dishonored. such a great series

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Speaking of Dishonored, a couple days ago I finished D2 and was wondering how everyone rates each game against each other?
Personally, I think D2 is a better game (mechanically and tecnically) than D1 and D1:KoD/BW and the possibility of going through without powers was highly appreciated but the setting, story and world/characters development (or lack of it) are much worse, it's hard to see it as an overall improvement over the original and it's dlc.
I still haven't played DotO so I can't judge it at the moment, planning on playing it in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Milena

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

TGS maybe? Hopefully it doesnt go EGS exclusive, but with Telling Lies releasing on Steam and 12 Minutes being announced for Steam from Annapurna I have some faith.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
He no longer collects :p. "JaseC alert" is more of a endearing terms to point out a licensed game that might be delisted 👀
you never know ... maybe he does :p or at least maybe he wants to get his hands on something that's going to get removed (and is THIS cheap), lol

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I am really attempted to install GFE to get that shadowplay (save recording of last 5 minutes) as I really miss that. Is there an alternative that is just as good? Records digital mic inputs too?

Reactions: MJunioR

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
yet another discount this month :drinking-blob:

People who paid for a annual subscriton got a shitty deal lol
Shit, i just got the same email. I'm tempted because Dicey Dungeon just got me into Slay. I know I shouldn't hop in, but 9 bucks with a chance of getting maybe one other game I'm interested in is very temping.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Someone has finally remade The Movies? If it's done well it and you can easily share/record your movies it could be huge. Also, the DLC possibilities are endless and when people work out how to mod it...

Reactions: NarohDethan

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Do we know if W10 and Steam versions are crossplay (what a sad thing to say lmao)?

Also, would you people want a 'show off your puchases thread'? It doesnt have to be monthly~
Yes. Steam should have crossplay with Windows Store and Xbox. The game requires an Xbox Live account to play though, even on Steam. You dont need Xbox Live Gold though. Only Xbox needs that.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I feel dumb since I got Metal Wolf Day 1 but I have not played it. I mostly did it for the DLC. I'm guessing that the orange Half Life DLC is not that special?

It has been 15 days not so Valve may not give me a refund, I have only played the game for 3 minutes though. Who knows they may give me a refund?

I mostly want to know what some think of the DLC before requesting a refund. I think I am just going to get the money sent to my Paypal and then I am going to buy the Man of Medan game. If they say no then I will just request the refund in Steam wallet funds and then buy it that way. I would rather it be paypay this way I can just buy the game on GMG or some other place where it has a discount

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Yes. Steam should have crossplay with Windows Store and Xbox. The game requires an Xbox Live account to play though, even on Steam. You dont need Xbox Live Gold though. Only Xbox needs that.
Good, good. I'll play it with GamePass Ultimate, was wondering if we could set up some matches with folks who get it on Steam.

Reactions: Arsene

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Would Gears 5 saves be compatible between the two? Say you party it on Windows store. Then you buy it on steam, can you access the same save?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I know that this game is also coming to consoles so will those version also come preloaded with this DLC as well or just the last two only?
About Steam China, this is just a copy and paste from RE.

Well seeing how much money Valve makes form China (some indie devs saying that 30-40% of their sales are from China and in some cases a games Steam reviews are about 50% in Simplified Chinese) it is in their best interest to stay in the Chinese market. Other companies like Nintendo are trying to get into the Chinese market (and may potentially not be as successful there compared to the rest of the world) and in the meantime Steam has been very successful there.

Isn't Valve doing this since they are afraid that one day China might just up and complete block off Steam? And if so that is a lot of money that they would be losing out on, so this is a back up plan for just in case? Maybe I'm just naive but doesn't it sound like Valve might block access to Steam in China before the Chinese government does and "allow" people to still access it via a VPN? I'm more curious about how all of this will affect some games that specific types of DRM in some games.

Personally for me I don't want Valve to lose China and the reason for that has to do with my belief (I don't have data to back this up though) that China is basically one of the reason why we are seeing more and more Japanese games on PC? I mean a number of things have changed since 2014 when we started to see more and more Japanese games on PC, and a lot of them now do have Chinese language support (maybe those games launched in China on consoles and also had Chinese language support but I just don't know about it, Octopath Traveler adding Chinese support to coincide with the PC release of the game seems rather convenient doesn't it? I think the game was sold in Hong Kong already but all of a sudden it just got Chinese language support? Also if you check it's Steam page 50% of reviews are in Chinese so maybe it's not a coincidence and SE planned this since they knew it would sell well on PC in China?? Monster Hunter World is another game that seems to have sold very well in China and prior to MHW, Tencent had its own MHOnline game. MHW likely sold as well as it did on Steam because you could not buy it on wegames since the whole video game freeze thing happened in China and I think Tencent even tried to do somethings before hand since they knew who well the game would sell on their store but even up getting screwed over and Chinese users just ended up buying the Steam version instead? Remember the 1 million players that wishlisted it on wegames? )

Maybe the Steam China will hurt some of those games since I think Iffy has had to censor some of its games on PSN in China.

There are some indie publishers that do seem sort of happy about this(??) like Mike Rose (head of No More Robots publishing, that was at the event in Shanghai, for Descenders) since they know that there is money to be made in China and with the curated Steam China that game will get noticed even more. This does make me wonder if there will be changes to the information that devs get on Steam China and if anything on that end will change, and if devs can view Steam China information from within Steam.

One benefit that will be lost is that more Indies might go unnoticed since China might have been helping them get more exposure (this applying to Chinese developed games and the Steam top sellers chart).

There is some good in this (mainly Valve not having to worry about losing the Chinese market in it's entirety and indie devs still being able to potentially reach a wider audience and there for be more successful??)
The bad being that some of the data from Steam will now be split(??) and cause issue more even more games having discover ability problems

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I was able to get a refund on Metal Wolf Choas XD. Sorry Devolver but Bandai is going to be getting my money this time around. It seems that GMG has that Man of Medan game for $25USD if you use a 18% off code. I might as well especially since it will have some pre-order exclusive DLC that seems interesting

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I was able to get a refund on Metal Wolf Choas XD. Sorry Devolver but Bandai is going to be getting my money this time around. It seems that GMG has that Man of Medan game for $25USD if you use a 18% off code. I might as well especially since it will have some pre-order exclusive DLC that seems interesting
Wingamestore has it for 25 dollars too if ur interested
yet another discount this month :drinking-blob:

People who paid for a annual subscriton got a shitty deal lol
Eh for 132 dollars i think i got my money's worth.
Granted, sub 100 with pausing some months is better but i aint complaining much.

Reactions: PC-tan

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Is there anyway to stream xbox 360 to pc ? Or use another controller than the original one on 360 ?
I would be interested to replay every Gears but as it stands my 360 still seem to work (albeit with a strange cd drive noise at startup) but the pads drift like crazy.

Deleted member 113

I know that this game is also coming to consoles so will those version also come preloaded with this DLC as well or just the last two only?
The upcoming DLC is not included in the console versions, just the previously released DLCs:

Reactions: PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.