Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
They removed that search from the "Add A Friend" page so now it looks like you have to know their SteamID to send a Friend Request or use a Quick Link. So you have to know them and had contact with them to send a request. Your "Friend Code" is basically your SteamID so i don't know what this is supposed to change? People can still Spam IDs etc, it seems to make it slightly more awkward to befriend someone on Steam now. It's just clunky and archaic to me but hey ho, whatever.

meh
We tried with MC members, it still work as before via community / search friends

Bbut yeah, now I see where's the difference. You can't do it via your friends page. Thanks for pointing out. Doesn't sound really good.

Any news from Valve about this ? From an update log ?

Deleted member 113

Life is Strange 2 Episode 4 is now available
I keep saying this, but it's true: my backlog is a complete embarrassment. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I absolutely loved Life is Strange (and played each episode as it launched), so when Before the Storm was announced, I immediately pre-ordered it.
I'm yet to play it. :giggle:

Then Life is Strange 2 was announced. I immediately pre-ordered it, and said to myself "I'll finish Before The Storm before the first episode is released".
I'm yet to play it either. :shrugblob:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Remnant: From the Ashes with a peak of 35k players and 33k right now, that are great numbers imo, I honestly thought it's going to release and then disappear but they got a lot of streamers and let's players on board shortly before release.
I honestly never even heard of the game until about a week ago. Don't remember seeing it at any conference and I follow quite a bit of other avenues for gaming news too.

Out of nowhere you see so much of the souls community streaming it + good word of mouth and its global top seller. PC gaming is really crazy sometimes. Shit justs pops up out of nowhere and becomes very popular.

It makes Sweeney and EGS look so bad too. Like...trying to curate and cherry pick a store in today's industry? Fucking why?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I keep saying this, but it's true: my backlog is a complete embarrassment. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I absolutely loved Life is Strange (and played each episode as it launched), so when Before the Storm was announced, I immediately pre-ordered it.

Then Life is Strange 2 was announced. I immediately pre-ordered it, and said to myself "I'll finish Before The Storm before the first episode is released".
Err, I played Life is Strange !
The first episode...

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018

Hey, I'm not the only one :p... did exactly the same thing. Played the first one, loved it, pre-order the new one, and still haven't played it or the prequel.

But hey, if we were going to apply logic to our backlogs.... then we would probably not have one in the first place.

Wasn't the plan for the EA to be exclusive and the final game on Steam ?
I was going to ask the same thing.... I'm going to be shocked if the whole "we are only using EGS for the early access and the full game will release after the same developement time as the others" was bullshit... shocked!!!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Game must have bombed like those discord exclusives
well i mean - we're still 3 months away from release .... so it WILL be full 12 months since egsclusivity

they ALL are 12 months ... and they ALL will be 12 months - whether they want it or not ... that's what the money was for, so it's not like they can just release it earlier

the only exception is Blands (and ubi stuff, i guess - which is never coming back)

Reactions: madjoki

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
We think Hades combines many of the best aspects of our previous games, and we really hope you enjoy it once you get a chance to play -- whether in Steam Early Access starting December 10 this year, or after v1.0 sometime in the second half of 2020.
I mean, how can you do Early Access when no one is playing your game helping to find bugs?

Game must have bombed like those discord exclusives
After WWZ and Satisfactory we haven't seen any numbers*. Nothing. Nada. Gamescom would've been perfect to announce how great game x is doing and it'll only get better with Blands3 and so on. Complete silence.

*well, except constant mentions of 88%

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
well i mean - we're still 3 months away from release .... so it WILL be full 12 months since egsclusivity

they ALL are 12 months ... and they ALL will be 12 months - whether they want it or not ... that's what the money was for, so it's not like they can just release it earlier

the only exception is Blands
Yea but thy were explicitly saying it WON'T be released on steam until they're out of EA, so this is a change of plans

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Now that I have a new Switch, I have to do what every sane person would do. Browse the store starting at the date I sold the old one and clog up my whishlist to hell and back.
I don't even know if the poor excuse for a store will be able to handle it.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Wait, that Friend Codes crap was not a joke? Has this replaced the old method? Is it Beta only because i couldn't see an article about it a moment ago?

Edit: Just checked - WTF?! Was that always there? Is this something to do with China? My head is full of WTF! lol.
They it recently I know that
Wasn't the plan for the EA to be exclusive and the final game on Steam ?
They like specifically said that but I can't be bothered to find it

Sort of a pre-post edit, I looked it up on the Internet archive

Yeah it was in their FAQ but they changed it as of it today

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yea but thy were explicitly saying it WON'T be released on steam until they're out of EA, so this is a change of plans
not really, though ... it was just their way of trying to placate disappointed people

it was always going to be 12 months ... and it will be the same with all the other "early access" games - they'll ALL be 12 months, regardless if they actually finish them by the time that year passes or not

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I guess they wanted more than 10 people to beta test their game
yeah, i imagine that might be one of the reasons why they aren't done yet

(obviously more than 10 people bought it, lol ... but i can only imagine the additional hurdle of having to go to discord to actually report stuff or ask might've been a bit too much for the majority of people)

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
It's more than that I believe. Their last sale must net them quite a lot. On reddit there are 3191 subscribers, not necessarily the number of people who bought the game tho.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Amusing moment earlier today when I bought the Switch at the French equivalent to GameStop.
Me : "...yadda yadda... do you have tempered glass protections, nothing fancy as I'm near the point I should watch for each euro I spend ?"
Vendor : "oh, we have a nice added warranty service for 45 euros"
Me : Wut ? Did I speak Finnish right now or ?

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
yeah, i imagine that might be one of the reasons why they aren't done yet

(obviously more than 10 people bought it, lol ... but i can only imagine the additional hurdle of having to go to discord to actually report stuff or ask might've been a bit too much for the majority of people)
I mean obviously I'm being sarcastic but the whole discord to report and that stuff is stupid,
I'm on like 20+ discords and I only actively use like 5 because it's stupid to manage that many even when I actually like all the ones I'm on.
Their steam forum for it got put up less than an hour ago and it's going downhill, I can only really say that I am not a huge fan of Early Access stuff anymore let alone throwing the whole epic shenanigans into the mix.

Honestly Super Giant is probably one of the least volatile amongst the "ew EGS" games though, they didn't shit all over their fanbase they explained why they were doing it and that was that, it just boils down to the weirdness of it all of epic.

Reactions: lashman

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Seems that our dear Fortnite420Bro isn't the best at reporting issues after all.

Mixed feelings. I can't decide if it's pathetic or gross.
Pathetically gross.

Anyway, this means that Ashen might be right around the corner too, right? It just had some achievements added on SteamDB earlier this week.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Deleted member 113

Now that I have a new Switch, I have to do what every sane person would do. Browse the store starting at the date I sold the old one and clog up my whishlist to hell and back.
I don't even know if the poor excuse for a store will be able to handle it.
Check your PMs, I have a Switch key for a game I backed on Kickstarter, and since I don't have one, it's yours. ;)

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Honestly Super Giant is probably one of the least volatile amongst the "ew EGS" games though, they didn't shit all over their fanbase they explained why they were doing it and that was that, it just boils down to the weirdness of it all of epic.
yeah, pretty much

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Well, Hades was on EGS since the beginning, meaning that they will come to Steam roughly a year later. Seems like Epic's money didn't help with EA.

No publisher weekend sale this time? I want Bamco to have one (or KT).

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Their steam forum for it got put up less than an hour ago and it's going downhill,
Not seeing that yet, it's been civil so far. But of course bad threads/comments will happen. And of course we'll get articles/tweets picking out the worst ones ignoring everyone else while blaming everyone.

Personally I'm not sure yet how I'll handle these games, of course devs like the Ooblets fools won't ever get my money but devs who weren't complete dicks about the whole thing, dunno yet. Paying full price is out of the window tho.

Last edited:

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
At that time we still don't know anything about EGS and their moneyhat did we?

Status
Not open for further replies.