Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Got another 3 dollar discount coupon for humble monthly after stopping my subscription. 9 dollars for Slay the Spire is tempting 🤔

Reactions: MJunioR

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
GOG Galaxy 2.0 is disappointing. I hope they will improve it A LOT. I have 3500 games on Steam and Galaxy 2.0 imported only around 2000. It is hard to tell as i can only see the number for all games. I can not see the individual numbers for GOG and Steam. It also not possible to add or change genres. Only tags are possible.

EDIT: Yes, i know it is alpha software.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Damn, that Switch 1.1 is tempting me something hard.
Even more tempted since I can't stand the idea that I have a bunch of digital games like Octopath already bought when I had the old model and never played. But at the same time, feeding games to play to this console is something fierce budget wise.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Damn, that Switch 1.1 is tempting me something hard.
Even more tempted since I can't stand the idea that I have a bunch of digital games like Octopath already bought when I had the old model and never played. But at the same time, feeding games to play to this console is something fierce budget wise.
You already have the old one?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I had. Got no choice but to sell it some 6+ months ago.

How is the wedding period btw ? Zelda is good for you ?
Ah then I say go for it!:D it's pretty much the same except much better battery life. Sure it's my first switch so can't compare but reading the reviews .

Well I have mixed feelings, mostly I'm loving it but also a part of me that regrets spending that much money , asking my self why I didn't use it on suits and hookers.XD

Reactions: Wok and Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Hearings lots of good things about VR experience WestWorld Awakening.

Steam:

Oculus:

Weird how only Rift and VIVE is officially supported, not Index.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
GOG Galaxy 2.0 is disappointing. I hope they will improve it A LOT. I have 3500 games on Steam and Galaxy 2.0 imported only around 2000. It is hard to tell as i can only see the number for all games. I can not see the individual numbers for GOG and Steam. It also not possible not add or change genres. Only tags are possible.

EDIT: Yes, i know it is alpha software.
GOG Galaxy 2.0 can't add non GOG non Steam non PSN non whatever games :disapproval-blob:

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Kingdom Cove Deliverance banned in Australia due to high impact sexual violence
I see this guy is still trash.
EMPIRES
Yeah, after they try to get us to buy the first two AoE games again

There is just not enough drama for the gaming media nowadays. They are too scared to attack publishers over actual terrible stuff since it will hurt their future coverage...so they just stick to Valve, EGS and other pc gaming stuff for clickbait.

It will all change next year when the normal console war bs returns. All the coverage will be about counting pixels in a PS5 screenshots and other ridiculous shit that brings in views.
This is why I gave up on the idea of getting paid to cover games.

Become overly critical, get blackballed.

BUT DID YALL BUY A COPY THO?

DON'T MAKE ME CREEP ON YOUR STEAM PAGES!!!

Hearings lots of good things about VR experience WestWorld Awakening.

Steam:

Oculus:

Weird how only Rift and VIVE is officially supported, not Index.
I saw this but I know 0 about Westworld. Need someone to tell me that I can be a newbie and not be completely lost on the lore.
I've never played DOTA so if i ever catch it then it's literally just bright lights and pretty pictures to me.

It's obviously huge and tons of people enjoy it but ...

DotA almost killed my marriage. To think that I have not even watched a single game of this year's International...the version of me five years ago wouldn't have been capable of comprehending that I'd grow out of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Flips

Overwhelmingly Positive
May 12, 2019

Watch the stream August 30th, 8PM CEST (11AM PT) on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch and Mixer channels.
Check the time for your timezone here:

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Y'all are sleeping on one of the best e-sports events in years. TI9 has been crazy.

That Minesky vs Secret series :sweaty-blob:

Now the pressure's on OG to send the trash to the lower bracket.

Last edited:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Valve learning from the best:

EGS: Steam took additional measures and you can no longer activate keys using VPNs.

Nintendo: Valve has implemented friend codes as primary way of adding friends.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just reached chapter 6 in RDR2, so I got that chapter and the 2 epilogue parts left. It's a good, game, but I don't find it to be special or anything. 8/10 so far I think.

At least Im covered if RDR2 is an Epic timed exclusive or at worst, full Epic and Rockstar Social Club exclusive.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Welp. Celeste and Inside will be free on 🥚🥚 next week.

I wonder if we'll ever get an inside on how much they get for devaluing their games so quickly/dramatically.

Reactions: Ge0force and Wok
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Welp. Celeste and Inside will be free on 🥚🥚 next week.

I wonder if we'll ever get an inside on how much they get for devaluing their games so quickly.
of course we won't, duh ... Tim only shares the good news (and i'm fairly certain any numbers and comments about sales performance are HEAVILY NDA'd ... otherwise someone would've said something by now, surely)

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
of course we won't, duh ... Tim only shares the good news (and i'm fairly certain any numbers and comments about sales performance are HEAVILY NDA'd ... otherwise someone would've said something by now, surely)
What's wild is that they have a popup telling you about the free game everytime you launch the 🥚🥚 . If Fortnite users were grabbing the games at crazy numbers, we'd surely hear something by now.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
What's wild is that they have a popup telling you about the free game everytime you launch the 🥚🥚 . If Fortnite users were grabbing the games at crazy numbers, we'd surely hear something by now.
yeah, who knows ... the last numbers for free games they gave anyone was during GDC

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
So Dicey Dungeons was my gateway drug, and now I'm playing Slay the Spire. I decided to look up more card games that I could check out...

...and of course Griftlands is an EGS exclusive. I watched a quick lets play and I was instantly sold. What a damn shame.

Sad/Smart thing is that I can wait a year., and I will still buy it. So get your Epic paycheck and then come get mine, I guess. :(

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Guys before I install GFE (bloated mess) to get access to the shadowplay (is it still called that, basically can save last X minutes of whatever you are playing) is there an alternative program I can use? I tried OBS but that thing has too many quirks when it comes to trying to set it up like that.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I dont think friend codes are a bad thing.
They don't really make sense for Valve though, they have community forums, comments, profiles, likes, activity feed and other social features you can use to add random people at will. Nintendo has no online social feature whatsoever so it makes sort of sense for them to create a controlled and private way to add friends.

Reactions: NarohDethan

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Wait, that Friend Codes crap was not a joke? Has this replaced the old method? Is it Beta only because i couldn't see an article about it a moment ago?
Edit: Just checked - WTF?! Was that always there? Is this something to do with China? My head is full of WTF! lol.

Here's the Name Search they removed from Friends into Community:

Madness.

Last edited:

Flips

Overwhelmingly Positive
May 12, 2019
You can still use the "FIND PEOPLE " function in the community tab if you're looking for someone without having their friend code

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Plague Tale: Innocence is really good so far. Enjoy it a lot. Also has upgrade mechanics. Doesn't really need them but it is enough to satisfy my lizard brain.

So Dicey Dungeons was my gateway drug, and now I'm playing Slay the Spire. I decided to look up more card games that I could check out...

...and of course Griftlands is an EGS exclusive. I watched a quick lets play and I was instantly sold. What a damn shame.

Sad/Smart thing is that I can wait a year., and I will still buy it. So get your Epic paycheck and then come get mine, I guess. :(
I don't know if Griftlands is EGS exclusive for a full year. Iirc they said it will be exclusive for their alpha period (which can be longer or shorter) and once it hits beta will also come to Early Access. And you should get a code for Steam if you buy on EGS and vice versa. At least I think there was something like that.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I can see the reason for it since display names aren't unique and can be changed at any time, but.. they still are friends codes :p

Also, now I'm going back to regret creating a new account for Half-life 2 Silver (didn't want to waste the copies of games I had already) and not having a very low SteamID :(

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I don't know if Griftlands is EGS exclusive for a full year. Iirc they said it will be exclusive for their alpha period (which can be longer or shorter) and once it hits beta will also come to Early Access. And you should get a code for Steam if you buy on EGS and vice versa. At least I think there was something like that.
they always say that, and it's always bullshit (same with Hades) ... it's gonna be 12 months MINIMUM ... epic don't go lower than that (with the exception of Blands)

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
Wait, that Friend Codes crap was not a joke? Has this replaced the old method? Is it Beta only because i couldn't see an article about it a moment ago?
Edit: Just checked - WTF?! Was that always there? Is this something to do with China? My head is full of WTF! lol.

Here's the Name Search they removed from Friends into Community:

Madness.
Wait, when I open your link, I still can search via alias. What changed ?

I looked for lashman and sent a friend invite, sorry dude you're my guinea pig here :p feel free to reject if you feel like it :steam_cleanseal:

And tell us how that goes on your side.

If someone wants to try with me, alias and avatar are the same on Steam :steam_cleanseal:

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
they always say that, and it's always bullshit (same with Hades) ... it's gonna be 12 months MINIMUM ... epic don't go lower than that (with the exception of Blands)
While I share the though that Epic wants the exclusive phase as long as possible it remains to be seen how long that will be.

Reactions: MJunioR
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
While I share the though that Epic wants the exclusive phase as long as possible it remains to be seen how long that will be.
like i said - it's ALWAYS going to be at least 12 months ... might be more, sure ... but definitely not less (unless it's a huge-ass game where they clearly didn't want to pay enough for full 12 months ... see: Blands)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Wait, when I open your link, I still can search via alias. What changed ?
They removed that search from the "Add A Friend" page so now it looks like you have to know their SteamID to send a Friend Request or use a Quick Link. So you have to know them and had contact with them to send a request. Your "Friend Code" is basically your SteamID so i don't know what this is supposed to change? People can still Spam IDs etc, it seems to make it slightly more awkward to befriend someone on Steam now. It's just clunky and archaic to me but hey ho, whatever.

meh

Status
Not open for further replies.