Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
This game

Will be in this groupees bundle

Pre-order ends by the time the new monthly rolls out, so may want to keep that in mind if you at least want that game for $3
Are there any other confirmed games for the bundle? Witch Thief looks interesting,

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Hmmm, so for this month I've already pre-ordered Dark Pictures - Man of Medan with the Summer Sales discount on Humble Bundle. There are a few other games I'm interested in, but I'm still unsure about, like Blair Witch, The Church of Darkness and Gibbous :drinking-blob:

Remnant: From the Ashes looks really interesting... I'll wait for reviews, but I'm leaning towards getting it.

Oh, and I should probably try to finish Life is Strange 2's third chapter before the end of this month...

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Me every time I click to look into a EGS related thread on ERA:

I don't go anywhere near an increasing number of threads over there. I much prefer it here but i don't know how some of PC-Era can still be motivated to actually try and discuss this stuff in those threads. Well, thread as it's the same people with the same comments over-and-over-and-over again.

I just don't know where they get the energy from i really don't, but bless 'em for trying.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't go anywhere near an increasing number of threads over there. I much prefer it here but i don't know how some of PC-Era can still be motivated to actually try and discuss this stuff in those threads. Well, thread as it's the same people with the same comments over-and-over-and-over again.

I just don't know where they get the energy from i really don't, but bless 'em for trying.
Im sad for PC ERA. EGS has destroyed the community there and the PC ERA thread is moving in a snail pace.

Deleted member 113

Im sad for PC ERA. EGS has destroyed the community there and the PC ERA thread is moving in a snail pace.
The problem is that, unfortunately, most people posting, and antagonizing those who are upset about what's been happening with the EGS, aren't even PC gamers.
If you take a few seconds to check their posting history, they are console-only gamers. And, because this situation doesn't affect them, they defend it. It's weird, but it's true.

Some people have a complete lack of empathy for fellow gamers.
I mean, look at threads about Shenmue III. You have some console gamers, who aren't affected about the PC situation, actually defending the publisher, thanking them for everything they are doing, and even resorting to insults to PC backers, because they have been waiting for the game for years, and if we aren't willing to accept the changes made we aren't true fans.
I really don't understand this. If it's between fellow backers, and a big publisher, I would always side with fellow backers, who parted with their money to help support something. Even if it was something that didn't affect me.

Again, some people completely lack empathy with other people.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Really conflicted about the new monthly. Not that interested in Kingdom Come and Surviving Mars. Not that disinterested. And the added games may or may not be good.
I think I will pass, when you are fucking hesitating to put 10 bucks in something, the struggle is real.

Oh, and Ooblets. I'm not perfect so there may come a day when I buy something in the shit store. This won't be that day. As much as I find the game charming, yesterday was a masterclass in unselling a game.
I have OCD, I don't like definitive choices, and I put Ooblets on ignore on Steam. Given my personality, I think that's speaking volume.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I played 10 minutes of Mable & The Wood. It's interesting and weird at the same time. You gain skills as you beat bosses, and they're actual game changers judging by the first one you get. I beat a spider boss and I can now swing all over the place as a small spider.

The main character drags around this giant sword, but she doesn't swing it like normal Your initial skill allows you to transform into a fairy. You use your sword by transforming back, and having the sword jump to your character. It's all very weird, but my kind of weird.

And yes, being able to swing around like a madperson has elevated this game. Grab it if you have Twitch Prime. It's DRM free and has controller support.
So I've played ~2 hours of this now and it's neat.
Got 4 out of 8 transformations now and they're all movement based in some way. The initial one from that gif is still the funnest though, haha. Game is a bit clunky at times and I fell through walls a few times and it's a bit obtuse in "where do I need to go next?", but neat.
According to the steam page it's supposedly also possibly to play the game without killing anything and has different endings. Interesting.

Reactions: xinek

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Broadcasting is such a hit with these sales. Board Games Weekend Each stream has over 1000 people

I know SCS is super happy about it.

So I've played ~2 hours of this now and it's neat.
Got 4 out of 8 transformations now and they're all movement based in some way. The initial one from that gif is still the funnest though, haha. Game is a bit clunky at times and I fell through walls a few times and it's a bit obtuse in "where do I need to go next?", but neat.
According to the steam page it's supposedly also possibly to play the game without killing anything and has different endings. Interesting.
Yeah, that's how I feel as well.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
looks like volvo are getting ready to roll out proper title translations

i've now seen like 30 games (from different publishers) remove other languages from their titles
Nooooo, I want RE to still show up as Biohazard though, curse you Gabe

Reactions: lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

i've now seen like 30 games (from different publishers) remove other languages from their titles
That's progress.
Though I'll miss the sheer absurdity of some of those titles. (i.e. if the title is already stupid long and then it has 3 language versions in it)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Nooooo, I want RE to still show up as Biohazard though, curse you Gabe
i think Capcpom hasn't gotten to it just yet ... take screenshots while you can :p

That's progress.
Though I'll miss the sheer absurdity of some of those titles. (i.e. if the title is already stupid long and then it has 3 language versions in it)
yeah, those were the best, lol :p 3-line titles that completely break store page widget embeds - love 'em

What's SCS?
Truck Simulator devs

Looking at you Idea Factory.
yuuuuuup

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

You're right.
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force | フェアリーフェンサー エフ ADVENT DARK FORCE | 妖精劍士 F ADVENT DARK FORCE is now called just Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force.
End of en era.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I think I'll just delete my Twitter account. That website is so damn pointless, it's pretty much a bunch of stupid echo chambers coexisting into a single website. Some developer screws their customers? Here's a bunch of people supporting that developer and accusing everyone else of being toxic. The exact opposite happens and some moron starts harassing a developer over some idiotic thing? Here's a bunch of morons harassing the same developer and accusing everyone else of being a shill. Some alt-right fucker starts harassing some other user? Here's a bunch of alt-right fuckers harassing the same user and accusing everyone else of being a snowflake. Some self-proclaimed liberal (not really though) starts generalizing as shit over something? Here's a bunch of self-proclaimed liberals (not really though) supporting that and accusing everyone trying to make them understand that stuff is not always black or white of being a fascist. And that's pretty much the same for every single thing you can think of. Holy fuck what a pointless website.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
You're right.
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force | フェアリーフェンサー エフ ADVENT DARK FORCE | 妖精劍士 F ADVENT DARK FORCE is now called just Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force.
End of en era.
yup, told ya ;)

Kecmo did it a few hours ago as well

Idea Factory did it with their games. So now their game titles are no longer listed in 3 languages. Hopefully Capcom changes theirs.
it might be a requirement now or something ... we'll see, i guess

Holy fuck what a pointless website.
that's why mastodon is so much better ;)

Reactions: Arsene

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Destroyed is the right word.

if someone mentions that they won't buy game xyz because it is on EGS, some other person gets offended because they like the game or developer, a third person declares that the PC gaming thread is not welcoming anymore, while the foruth person is fed up with the whole arguing. And you have a circlejerk for 10 pages that is 80% of the traffic the thread normally gets now.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019

Embargo lifted for a preview event for The Outer Worlds that I attended, and with it comes a deluge of articles!

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Sonic Generations ran fine for me and also I managed to get SSGSS anti aliasing and it smoothed up a bunch of jaggies.
Playing it again reminded me how much Classic Sonic needs Drop Dash. Mania pretty much solidified it in me that it is the greatest technique given to the Blue Blur as it really leys you keep your speedy momentum.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
No Man's Sky: Beyond is out august 14th with PCVR and PSVR support.

Reactions: Wok

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
Ar

Embargo lifted for a preview event for The Outer Worlds that I attended, and with it comes a deluge of articles!
Are you looking for the egs thread?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Sonic Generations ran fine for me and also I managed to get SSGSS anti aliasing and it smoothed up a bunch of jaggies.
Playing it again reminded me how much Classic Sonic needs Drop Dash. Mania pretty much solidified it in me that it is the greatest technique given to the Blue Blur as it really leys you keep your speedy momentum.
Generations is AMAZING. My first sonic game that I got through 100%. I enjoyed the fully 3d levels more than the 2.5D parts.

I've heard too many mixed things about the new 3d sonic..... But I did get sonic mania for free on PS4.

Reactions: Tizoc

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
A lot of good boardgames with discount this weekend in steam.

While we are at board games, Anyone know any good youtube or twitch channels who play board-games? Either DND, other classics or this insane scifi board game that takes ages to complete.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm interested if some people want to organize digital board game plays !
We need to play something together :drinking-blob:

Reactions: Deleted member 113

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Oh boy..... I just hope the devs keep their promise give the update free to current owners of the game. When it comes to Nvidia RTX stuff to me that's an easy marketing tool that Epic uses (EGS) and it does seem to have a close connection with Nvidia (compared to AMD).

As you can all tell I'm a very paranoid person

Reactions: MJunioR

Deleted member 113

I'm interested if some people want to organize digital board game plays !
We need to play something together :drinking-blob:
Funny you should mention it.
I was just typing the below post:

Now that August has started, and many people either have some days off, or at least some of our schedules start easing up, and since not everyone has the means and budget to travel, and are probably "stuck" at home, is anyone up to gather a few people, and play something online?
The games and details would obvious be up to the choice of the people that wanted to participate.

It can either be some older online game that most people own by now (something like Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor, and similar stuff), a classic DM game, a game that can be played in sessions by several people (strategy, RPG, ...), anything.
The idea is to just play some beginner friendly sessions, where every forum member is welcome, and have some fun, not particularly caring about winning, and avoiding some of the "toxicity" that can be found in many online games.

If anyone is up to do so, please do leave some suggestions.
I'm not very familiar with hosting matches and whatnot, so if anyone that's used to it could "organize" this, and maybe suggest some games that are easy to set up, and make private, closed servers, it would be awesome. :)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Looks like the RTX update will come out in 2 months and they will also increase the price of the game at that point. I didn't know the game was also on GOG

Reactions: MJunioR
Status
Not open for further replies.