Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Another paused month

Only things I would want would be Vampyr and Call of Cthulhu but I already got them.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Sorry for my poor wording and I'm sorry if you felt attacked by my words. It was not my intention. I apologise for any harm that I may have caused you on the matter. My point lacked context and more important details which I skipped enterely because I thought it wasn't neccesary.

I understand and agree with your points given and thus my call of "fanaticism" was a total mistake. It wasn't my intention to generalize that much and I acknowledge my error for putting everybody i¡n the same bag on the boycoytting issue.
No worries, I merely felt that you didn't really know the rationale behind the stance you were describing. I'm glad that you were open to discussion, and of course no harm done at all :).

If you are interested, I think there's a .doc somewhere regarding the reasons behind many people's hostility to exclusivity. It's also not exactly a page-turner so no pressure!

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Another pass for me. Wargroove and Automachef are cool, but I've played them already. See you next month!
I really wanted to like Wargroove as i loved Advance Wars but it just didnt click with me.

The dog was cool.

Reactions: Nabs

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Definitive fun ranking of Fall Guys stages by a renowned panel of experts (me):

1. Slime Climb
  2. Hex-A-Gone
  3. Tip Toe
  4. Hoopsie Daisy
  5. The Whirlygig
  6. Hit Parade
  7. Dizzying Heights
  8. Jump Club
  9. Fruit Chute
  10. Block Party
  11. Fall Mountain
  12. Gate Crash
  13. Roll Out
  14. Door Dash
  15. Fall Ball
  16. Egg Scramble
  17. Rock N Roll
  18. Royal Fumble
  19. Tail Tag
  20. Team Tail Tag
  21. See Saw
  22. Hoarders
  23. Jinxed
  24. Perfect Match
I had some insanely close wins yesterday

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Good bundle IMO
Gonna start Vampyr on Easy and finish it over the next couple of weeks :3
The combat system is a bitch in this game. I tried it on medium and 2 gang boys can kill poor doctor in a couple of seconds. Dontnod should never make a game with combat gameplay again, Remember Me was just as awful.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
inky yep, slime climb is my fav as well. It's always such a bloodbath, last time i played it 38 people started, 7 made it to the end.

Reactions: inky

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
This is why I tend to steer away from multiplayer games.
Come home after work and an exausting week, do the basic preparations for dinner and clean a bit, sit down to enjoy some Fall Guys mayhem and forget about the world and the servers are dead....

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I'm actually 50/50 on this Humble Monthly. On the one hand, there's some sloppy seconds from Game Pass, but on the other I am actually drawn to some of the games in it.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
What's wrong with boycotting developers that take the epic money hat....
Nothing. I mean, I do understand why they take Epic's money and I don't blame them. But I won't buy moneyhatted games, even if they come to other storefronts later. I dislike moneyhatting so I won't support it in any way. I didn't even claim Genesis Alpha One and Hello Neighbor on today's Humble Choice. I'm that salty. 😉

Without getting into too much in details, let's say there are people who are fanatics and think those devs/publishers should be boycotted because of Epic's exclusivities.
I only boycott the moneyhatted games, not any future games from these developers. Does this make me a fanatic or extremist as well? 🤔

Last edited:

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Personally I don't mind Game Pass stuff in the Choice, because I don't like Game Pass that much.
Oh don't get me wrong, some of the sloppy seconds are games I'd actually quite like to play or have quite enjoyed playing. Just saying that they are games that do the circuit - they will probably be free on EGS in a couple of months.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
HZD is at 41% on Steam now. Will we see an epic "mostly negative" for the first SIE outing on PC?
Unless game performance can improve on following patches its going to get mixed ratings at best, and I'm being optimistic on these too much probably.

I think Digital Foundry might be after something related to game's performace compared to Death Man Stranding. Lets wait to see what they can find about it.

Reason: typos
Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I feel absolutely no remorse about boycotting moneyhatted games, especially when the developers were pricks about it ( like Satisfactory or Ooblets)
Yeah both those ones really rubbed me up the wrong way and so im not getting their games, at least not until (Satisfactory) is dirt cheap. Ooblets one i dont think ill ever get. That guy was a real dick.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Okay, who took the monthly but doesn't want Automachef? I've got paypal with your name on it for the right price :D

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Oof, that's a straight up 0/12-games-that-I'll-ever-play humble choice for me.
Tried Wargroove on game pass, did not enjoy it at all.

Not like I don't have multiple games installed and not even started mind you :thinking-face:

Reactions: ISee

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
I tried to pause my Humble Choice and they offered me $4 off my next Choice. If you've been pausing lately, give it a try ;)
That $4 off has actually tipped me over the edge. Bought!

Considering how they beg people not to cancel, offer coupons, and are now taking the choice out of Choice for this month's higher tiers by giving them everything, they must be getting a little desperate to keep people subbed.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Borderlands 3 having a free weekend and only 12k concurrent playing atm :blobyikes:

I remember BL2 having a free weekend more than 5 years ago and doing well over 100k lol.

They really did screw up the pc playerbase with that EGS deal.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
New Humble Choice is pretty decent for me. Vampyr and Call of Cthulhu both interest me. Automachef also looks right up my alley. And that We Are Here game also looks interesting, found out about it when I was looking for puzzle games similar to The Room a few weeks ago and added the first free game to my account (and already owned the second one from a Humble Monthly back in 2018 lol), so sure I'll take the third one I guess.

My regret for buying Wargroove at launch has never been greater, though. I played like 3 hours and never touched it again. I really need to stop impulse buying indies at launch. I always regret it lol. Kinda wish I was getting the usual 10 games, though. Those two Hello Neighbor games would make it real easy to choose which games not to get...

And thanks for that 4$ off tip, btw! Wasn't going to pause but I tried and got the offer as well hahaha. Between this and giving all the games to Premium and Classics subs, they must be getting desperate.

Oh and I got that Fanatical bundle I was talking about a while back since none of the games ended up being in the Humble. And actually got Republique as a free bonus game. I'm honestly shocked the choices weren't all complete trash. What a nice surprise!

Now to fire up Death Stranding to five star more facilities and ruin my good mood with all those technical issues...

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I tried to pause my Humble Choice and they offered me $4 off my next Choice. If you've been pausing lately, give it a try ;)
I tried to pause, and got the coupon too. I continued and got the coupon. But it looks like I don't need to use it on this bundle, am I right?

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
I tried to pause, and got the coupon too. I continued and got the coupon. But it looks like I don't need to use it on this bundle, am I right?
It expires on the Monday before November's bundle is revealed, so just use it by then. Though I reckon they may have some more coupons for us in future months if we keep pausing.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Borderlands 3 having a free weekend and only 12k concurrent playing atm :blobyikes:

I remember BL2 having a free weekend more than 5 years ago and doing well over 100k lol.

I honestly wanted to install and try it but wasn't sure if I wanted to wait to buy the game with the season pass. When I replayed Borderlands 2 recently I felt I could have enjoyed it very much more if I had had at least the 2 extra DLC characters.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I honestly wanted to install and try it but wasn't sure if I wanted to wait to buy the game with the season pass. When I replayed Borderlands 2 recently I felt I could have enjoyed it very much more if I had had at least the 2 extra DLC characters.
Borderlands 2 was a little bland but overall quite the nice experience. Writing was okay and it had a few genuinely good moments. I never got to the DLC content but I can't say I regret my time playing the main game.

I don't get the feeling Borderlands 3 gets close to that, but maybe I'm mistaken. If I'm not, I'm not sure how they managed to screw up such a massively successful franchise :/.

Reactions: Tomasety

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019

Think it's a mix of the EGS deal and the game not being that good or innovative tbh.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I don't think the abysmal performance of the game on mid range cards will be fixed in two weeks. 😕

RIP my 1060
I'm not sure, this seems to be overall related to the company doing the porting having not bothered at all with handling texture memory management, going from unified memory to PC. Having a single root cause to focus on in a single sprint may be enough... But I think you're right. 2 weeks for that sounds optimistic.

Reactions: ISee

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Dang, I just straight up blind bought it when Humble wouldn't offer me a discount :p
Ah well, $12 it is~

Status
Not open for further replies.