Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I don't agree with dismissing people who are having problems with a game, but people should be able to say if they aren't having technical issues. Someone who wants to buy a game will enter a topic and all they read is people having issues with a game and then not buy it, because everyone else who is not having an issue is scared they can't say anything.
That is true but the problem is that them being scared off is actually a reasonable outcome. Games shouldn't have a risk rate in the double percents, let alone the kind HZD seems to have. People shouldn't have to take a chance for the thing they bought - especially at 50 bucks - to work or not.

On top of that, there's the problem that sometimes people say "it works fine for me" as a way to invalidate and silence those who are trying to get their voices heard regarding issues they are experiencing or to downplay how widespread they are.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
That is true but the problem is that them being scared off is actually a reasonable outcome. Games shouldn't have a risk rate in the double percents, let alone the kind HZD seems to have. People shouldn't have to take a chance on the thing they bought - especially at 50 bucks - to work or not.

On top of that, there's the problem that sometimes people say "it works fine for me" as a way to invalidate and silence those who are trying to get their voices heard regarding issues they are experiencing.
I assume we aren't talking about just Horizon though,as that is an outlier, we can go into many performance threads over the years, where there are people having an issue and then random people coming in and going "oof sounds bad on PC better get the PS4 version". Why?

I agreed with your second part "I don't agree with dismissing people who are having problems with a game".

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Does anyone know if ther is a proper a Danganronpa Debate generator similar to those ace attorney ones?

I've played 1, 2, 10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, Lightning Returns. From those I've played a good chunk but haven't finished 1 and 10-2.
My previous favorite was 10.
Sounds like you still have a lot of ketchup to do.
The steam version of 7 through 9 are absolutely worth playing, 3 and 4 are being maligned because they are the 3D remakes, but imho those are still very worthwhile versions (the framelock from 4 can be modded), only 5 and 6 are a bit of a dumpster. Still fully playable but ugly as fuck.

However, most importantly you should play Tactics, one of the best and from the same writer as XII (In fact, same universe too)

WHEN IS TACTICS ON STEAM FOR FUCKS SAKE

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I assume we aren't talking about just Horizon though,as that is an outlier, we can go into many performance threads over the years, where there are people having an issue and then random people coming in and going "oof sounds bad on PC better get the PS4 version". Why?

I agreed with your second part "I don't agree with dismissing people who are having problems with a game".
I don't really follow your first question, I'm sorry. And you are right, HZD is a hell of an outlier. The worst part is that it's not all that bad when you put it into perspective with other games which flat-out wouldn't run for everyone.

I still have seen people try to defend the game's state even with the documented problems it suffers from, and I think others have as well, hence the reaction you can see in this thread.

I'm still a little concerned that, to the best of my knowledge, only DF and Arstechnica really caught and called out those issues, especially performance on lower-end hardware. It makes me wonder if reviewers at large even test on it anymore.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Does anyone know if ther is a proper a Danganronpa Debate generator similar to those ace attorney ones?

Sounds like you still have a lot of ketchup to do.
The steam version of 7 through 9 are absolutely worth playing, 3 and 4 are being maligned because they are the 3D remakes, but imho those are still very worthwhile versions (the framelock from 4 can be modded), only 5 and 6 are a bit of a dumpster. Still fully playable but ugly as fuck.

However, most importantly you should play Tactics, one of the best and from the same writer as XII (In fact, same universe too)

WHEN IS TACTICS ON STEAM FOR FUCKS SAKE
Actually I'm surprised I'm not the only one who has been thinking about this over the last years.
I would love to know which is the reason of not being ported to PC as of 2020.

I can understand it has a very niche playerbase but still the port shouldn't carry much risk investment

Reactions: QFNS

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Really curious how expansive control and the DLC are going to be.
Yep, I've been anticipating the hell out of it and it's the one EGS exclusive that really hurt for me. I've been a huge fan of Remedy since the Max Payne days. But it better have a decent discount and/or come as a complete edition that includes the DLC or I'm gonna have a hard time pulling the trigger.

On a related note, since it looks like it's better to hold off on Horizon to see if the port gets patched up a bit, Control is my next anticipated release. Which means it's time to replay Quantum Break to get the last few achievements!

Reactions: ISee

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
this is the only one I know of, which is kinda...simple

Reactions: PC-tan

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Given that the big patch comes out in two days, what's a good FF XIV job class if someone wants to play solo?
Because people are icky

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Given that the big patch comes out in two days, what's a good FF XIV job class if someone wants to play solo?
Because people are icky
Any class is fine. Just play each class and clear their class missions as you progress

In other news

Reactions: QFNS

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
this is the only one I know of, which is kinda...simple

Not exactly what i'm after since this only allows for single screens to be made

Because people are icky
You can level all classes in FFXIV on one character, so you can theoretically play DPS Solo and Healer for Raids if you'd want (but then you'd have to do twice the leveling ofc)

Personally, i'm a dragoon. Dragoons are great. Always been my favorite FF Job

Reactions: Tomasety

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So was the Half Life Alyx Fall Guys thing just a limited time thing? Or do they plan to bring it back?

Also would it be possible for me to get the Half Life stuff in PSO2? Or would it be very hard for a new players?
HZD is up to 10.700 reviews, 58% positive now.
A bit unexpected, I thought it would go down over the weekend.
It looks like it's getting a lot of reviews possible because people want to get it's rating increased?

Because otherwise it would have the same amount of reviews as DS.

I'm guessing that while there is an increase there is also an increase in negative reviews.
I think it was at 59% earlier this morning but it went down to 58%???

Oh and the FOV slider is pretty helpful since the default 70 makes it feel to so close up.

Reactions: ISee

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Because people are icky
any job is a solo job when it comes to story/side questing. there are required dungeons in the story but they are all pretty simple and you can get through them with zero interaction if you want to do that. once you get to the newest expansion they have a system to run a dungeon with npc's but that's not backported to the older content yet.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Is there ever a more pointless review/comment than 'game works fine for me, don't see what the fuss is about'
My friend unironically said this to me and that "I don't know why its getting so many negative reviews, I guess people should stop trying to run games at Ultra settings on their Commodore 64s because it runs fine for me"

like please.... shut up and actually read the reviews

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
LOL
Random people on the internet:
"Sony is releasing HZD on PC to convert PC gamers to buy HZD2 and PS5's"

Sure, I am in awe of this game and technical achievement!

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
HZD is up to 10.700 reviews, 58% positive now.
A bit unexpected, I thought it would go down over the weekend.
I hope it does not deter Sony from porting more games. There are quite a few games from their PS4 back catalogue I'd love to see in their full glory on PC. No, I'm not talking about Bloodborne. :p

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

Sure, I am in awe of this game and technical achievement!
Yeah, that kind of comments never make any sense lol.

Sony didn't treat their customers rightfully, and they expect them to reward it with a purchase of $500+ machine to buy the next game? That's some crazy fanboy mental gymnastics there. People who bought the game probably wouldn't be able to finish it due to the crashes and other issues. If anything, it will sour them on the whole experience and hating Sony instead.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
WARNING:

ANYONE WHO CONSIDERS MASS EFFECT 1-3 TO BE THE 'HOLY TRINITY' COVER YOUR EARS!!!!

Mass Effect Andromeda is good. Better than I remember and I played it a lot the past couple of days.

I get it isn't what everyone wanted but it is Mass Effect all the way through.

Bloodborne Remastered for PS5 and PC, PC version will be locked to 30 fps and have fame pacing while PS5 have 60 FPS and no frame pacing.

The Sony way.
And don't forget to thank them for the privilege!

I have a feeling that Sony is going to forget about PC gaming right about the time the PS5 launches. We'll have to wait at least as long to get ports as we did for the HZD.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
WARNING:

ANYONE WHO CONSIDERS MASS EFFECT 1-3 TO BE THE 'HOLY TRINITY' COVER YOUR EARS!!!!

Mass Effect Andromeda is good. Better than I remember and I played it a lot the past couple of days.

I get it isn't what everyone wanted but it is Mass Effect all the way through.
Another soul who appreciates Andromeda?

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
The way Sony handling this Horizon release is disappointing and sad to see. Messing with regional pricing and pumping out a broken port is not the way to cultivate potential customer segment. Meanwhile, Microsoft is releasing competent PC ports on day 1. Don't call me a console warrior, but I am all for MS here. While they still have missteps here and there, their stance on PC support deserve credits.

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
The way Sony handling this Horizon release is disappointing and sad to see. Messing with regional pricing and pumping out a broken port is not the way to cultivate potential customer segment. Meanwhile, Microsoft is releasing competent PC ports on day 1. Don't call me a console warrior, but I am all for MS here. While they still have missteps here and there, their stance on PC support deserve credits.
A few years ago Microsoft was arguably right up there as the number one threat to PC gaming with their Windows Store and UWP bullshit. While they could always pull another EEE on us, they've come a long way. Specifically with putting just about every one of their games on Steam.

Dec 5, 2018
That never made sense to me, and if someone is going to buy a PS5 for HZD2 (and maybe a couple of PS Exclusives) Is not really a valuable customer unless they engage in the ecosystem (buy other games, pay for PS+, etc), I'm not saying that some people aren't gonna do that, just that they'd be low value.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
There are two kind of HZD PC players. Those with a PC and PS4 and those who were able to survive without Sony games.

The former don't need extra arguments to buy a PS5, though as stated above they aren't valuable costumers.
The later are probably still not convinced.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I'm going to play on Ship 2 for PSO2. I'll take a referral code if anyone wants to drop theirs.

What are the ARKS Badge even used for?

Also released a couple days ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I'm liking the artstyle, and the gameplay looks like Stardew but in 3D. But what's with the "Plants vs Zombie" comparison? Did they mean that it has combat like Rune Factory and Stardew Valley?

Also, the way they describe this sounds like women are part of the threat lol.
Player will play a character from the future and is trying to survive in a kingdom full of women and monsters.

Reactions: Cacher and ISee
Status
Not open for further replies.