Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I don't remember ever seeing one of these in the US or Iceland? Is it make of Nokia phones?

Also DS has about 12k reviews.

HZD has about 8k reviews

Detroit has about 9k reviews (10k??)

P4G has 22k reviews.

And Fall Guys has 30k reviews

Number wise we know that with 20k+ P4G has sold over 500k copies.

PS are Death Stranding and HZD ever going to get Steam Trading Cards?

Oh did P4G previously have traditional Chinese support for the PS Vita?

And and when will Valve introduce a rate my Steam library feature?
For HZD what is the best way to display it?

By which I mean didn't Alex say in his video that borderless window and full screen have their issues or something like that?
If you want to "guesstimate" how many copies a game has sold as Simon Carless said on his tweet go ahead, but as I told him it probably won't work well with big games or games with plenty of reviews like Persona 4 Golden or Fall Guys.

For instance, Fall Guys "guesstimate" numbers vary between 671k and 2kk copies sold (From 33.574 reviews as seen on steamdb)

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
K
It is likely unless the game is a dumpster fire but it does have some things against it. The Avengers are a huge entertainment brand but the game didn't manage to get released close to Endgame so some of the hype will have died down. The coronavirus situation means that we haven't had any new MCU content to keep people's interest and perhaps the most important factor of all, the game isn't connected to the MCU in any way which makes it less appealing to people like, well, me who love the MCU specifically.
yeah if it had RDJ, Chris Evans or Brie Larson in the cover it would be an assured hit

Reactions: ISee

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im curious to know why Remedy/505 Games haven't said anything about Control Steam version yet. I know the DigitalBros (are they the distributor?) said in a press release this year they looking for more revenue when the game releases on Steam this august and Control's SteamDB history is active.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Im curious to know why Remedy/505 Games haven't said anything about Control Steam version yet. I know the DigitalBros (ar ethey the distributor) said in a press release this year they looking for more revenue when the game releases on Steam this august and Control's SteamDB history is active.
Potentially due to contractual obligation as Remedy/Epic relationship is not like some others, so, yeah, if anything we should star hearing thing next week up to the release starting tomorrow (Monday's are usually a pretty active day when it comes to package updates) but yeah, it's annoying not knowing what's going on, fucking silent channels :mad:

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
What would everybody advise as a streaming / gacha / browsing mobile phone ?
I read a lot of people staning oled screen for the blacks, but aren't they all pricey ?
Well almost all Samsung phones are OLED. The color is awesome but it degrade over time, become yellowish, and has burn in. That's the reason why I would never consider purchasing OLED TV. All my phones have OLED and they have the same problems.

Reactions: PC-tan and Li Kao

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Also, maybe they should do some basic math. If dividing by 2 or 3 leaves a remainder, don't force people into uneven teams.
I just read this and then it happened to me, 11 players playing football (european football, not american "football"), i was on the team with 5.
That legit sucks, we objectively had a much smaller chance of winning

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I've been using reviews*50 as a very rough guesstimate for steam sales for years, but it's interesting to have some distribution data. I was also curious to see if and how this changed due to the new ways by which the client tries to encourage people to write reviews.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
It would have been nice to see the scatter plot. This could help understand what happens. For instance, I imagine that the uncertainty about the ratio is smaller for games with a large number of reviews. In contrast, games with a few number of reviews could show a wide range of "ratios", due to external factors. Maybe filtering games with fewer than, say, 100 reviews should have been part of data pre-processing.

Also, some wishful thinking: it is a bit disappointing to have such a distribution of ratios, even though it might be the reality. A bell curve would have been nicer, so that we can get away with the average as a main take-away. Here, I feel like the take-away is that with good confidence, the ratio should be less than 100. So you have some upper-bound (with some confidence associated to it) rather than an estimate.

Last edited:
Reactions: texhnolyze

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I just read this and then it happened to me, 11 players playing football (european football, not american "football"), i was on the team with 5.
That legit sucks, we objectively had a much smaller chance of winning
Every time the football game pops and it's uneven numbers, I'm always on the short side. You'd think a british developer would understand how bad it is to start with a red card.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

XBOX Game Pass for PC entered the PC gaming market a little over a year ago and marked a big step in Microsoft's renewed commitment to the platform. However, unlike Epic Games Store, Microsoft does not seem to consider Steam a competitor and is releasing their games on that platform as well.

We took a look at cross-platform correlated data to determine how Game Pass is affecting Steam using achievement activity of Game Pass subscribers across the two platforms. To put the data in perspective we included data reaching back 2 years before XBOX Game Pass for PC launched, and in addition to Game Pass subscribers' Steam and XBOX activity, we also included a data set of Steam users that did NOT subscribe to Game Pass.

Keep in mind that PlayTracker cross-platform correlated data is reliant on registered users and therefore is not perfectly random, so it may not be representative of the gaming population at large.

Here are the details we felt were the most interesting.

Game Pass subscribers were overall less active users - for most months, the non game-pass group had more achievements earned per user. However, the difference in Steam activity between the two groups is closing over time.

The launch of Game Pass increased the overall activity of people who subscribed to it - naturally most of that activity was on the XBOX platform, however it does not appear subscribing to Game Pass for PC negatively impacted users' activity on Steam, if anything it was the opposite as the overall trend of declining achievement activity among Steam users was slower for Game Pass users.

Game Pass activity is still increasing over time - many online have expressed doubts about Game Pass keeping its steam after the launch period which featured significant discounts and a trial period. However, this is not the case in our data set where XBOX activity for Game Pass subscribers is steadily growing over time.

Before we go, we'd like to point out once again that PlayTracker's sample for this research is not random since it relies on registered PlayTracker users to correlate Steam and XBOX accounts. However, we felt this was interesting data to share since we are not aware of anyone else having more reliable data for this interesting interaction between platforms. Hope you enjoyed it!

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
What does it mean that game pass subs are less active users? They don't play as many games as non-gp users?

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I am figuring out the billion of stuff in PSO2 and getting a grasp of them slowly but steadily. I may spend some dollars on it in the future but it is a complete F2P game for me now, so a few mechanics can be ignored at this moment. What I like PSO2 is that it reminds me of Xenoblade X, with its fast paced combat and interesting monster design. It even has some crazy enemy like a King Ghidorah made up of high speed rail cars.
PSO2 really is one of a kind, isn't it, lol.

Where else you can watch an idol concert to gain exp & drop rate boost? Only in PSO2.

To anybody who kept recommending AI: The Somnium Files here, thank you!! I recently finished the game and i absolutely loved it! :smiling-eyes::smiling-eyes:
Just saw your review on Steam, great write-up!

I always ignored it, because I thought it's just your regular mystery VN. But it looks like it had a decent production value for a VN with 3D models, assets, and voice acting. It kinda reminds me of Persona in a way, minus the combat. I'm gonna add it to my whistlist for now, too pricey currently.

Last edited:

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
If you want to "guesstimate" how many copies a game has sold as Simon Carless said on his tweet go ahead, but as I told him it probably won't work well with big games or games with plenty of reviews like Persona 4 Golden or Fall Guys.

For instance, Fall Guys "guesstimate" numbers vary between 671k and 2kk copies sold (From 33.574 reviews as seen on steamdb)
I can basically confirm this. I did an academic study on this very thing and also found the strongest correlation between units sold and any factors surfaced on steam is indeed the number of reviews.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
12-15 hours. That's pretty long. On HLTB people said the base game takes 22 hours for 100% completion but I ended up spending 32 hours on it without using guides except once, so I will probably add a few hours to this estimate as well.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I see people mentioning how HZD is up on torrent sites already and well.... I guess if people are desperate they would pirate the game. But it's sort of not a great port to begin with so why bother using your bandwidth to do that.

I have been able to get the game to run at 1440p with Alex's settings and I'm getting on average about 60fps and sometimes even higher. What sucks is how the game keeps crashing. I think it has crashed on my like 5 times already. Well at least it gives you a message to send the devs a data log on how the game crashed and stuff.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Well at least it gives you a message to send the devs a data log on how the game crashed and stuff.
They must be getting an absolute ton of data logs going by how many people seem to have crashes. Id love to know the numbers for something like that and if it has any effect on Sony and the resources allocated to getting it sorted.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I see people mentioning how HZD is up on torrent sites already and well.... I guess if people are desperate they would pirate the game. But it's sort of not a great port to begin with so why bother using your bandwidth to do that.

I have been able to get the game to run at 1440p with Alex's settings and I'm getting on average about 60fps and sometimes even higher. What sucks is how the game keeps crashing. I think it has crashed on my like 5 times already. Well at least it gives you a message to send the devs a data log on how the game crashed and stuff.
Wow, I assumed it would be Denuvo'ed to the extreme.

Reactions: PC-tan

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
That moment of the week, the top sellers :blobeyes:

Winner is Fall Guys with 2 places (pre-orders and regular purchases) at this point, with over 30k reviews and with a peak of 120kccu the game has probably reached the million sold copies, almost for sure.

HZD debuts in number 2 although it has been selling quite well for some time, a peak of 57kccu and over 8k reviews already makes it looks like it has been selling quite well, unfortunately the quality of this port is very questionable for most of the people so we will have to see how it evolves.

Valve Index packs got a big boost this week with not one but two packs but as it's based on revenue, the numbers might not be thousands but hundreds at most.

MS keeps selling well this week but lost momentum.

WHAT A VERY INTERESTING WEEK!!!!

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Isn't change number and store tags automatic?
tag reorganization is triggered by some change inside the package and changeID is automatic.

Already confirmed this with some devs that started doing modifications and that triggered a tag reorganization.

but madjoki can correct me if I'm mistaken.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
tag reorganization is triggered by some change inside the package and changeID is automatic.

Already confirmed this with some devs that started doing modifications and that triggered a tag reorganization.

but madjoki can correct me if I'm mistaken.
Yeah, afaik, tag changes do not themselves cause changelist (at least not always). But still get pushed with other changes (made by devs or Valve's "maintenance processes")

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
I have just finished Final Fantasy XII.
It is my new favorite Final Fantasy game.
Which one was your favorite before? And have you finished all of them? I only have to finish 4-6 and 12 (Which I plan on doing in the near future) so that I can say I've beaten all the mainline single player Final Fantasies!

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Which one was your favorite before? And have you finished all of them? I only have to finish 4-6 and 12 (Which I plan on doing in the near future) so that I can say I've beaten all the mainline single player Final Fantasies!
I've played 1, 2, 10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, Lightning Returns. From those I've played a good chunk but haven't finished 1 and 10-2.
My previous favorite was 10.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Is there ever a more pointless review/comment than 'game works fine for me, don't see what the fuss is about'
I don't agree with dismissing people who are having problems with a game, but people should be able to say if they aren't having technical issues. Someone who wants to buy a game will enter a topic and all they read is people having issues with a game and then not buy it, because everyone else who is not having an issue is scared they can't say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.