Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The way Sony handling this Horizon release is disappointing and sad to see. Messing with regional pricing and pumping out a broken port is not the way to cultivate potential customer segment. Meanwhile, Microsoft is releasing competent PC ports on day 1. Don't call me a console warrior, but I am all for MS here. While they still have missteps here and there, their stance on PC support deserve credits.
I agree with you on Sony, but MS is even worse at regional pricing unfortunately. FS2020 is hilariously overpriced and even sold at 70€ when the US base price is 60$.

Both companies would sell their mother if they could get away with it.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
WARNING:

ANYONE WHO CONSIDERS MASS EFFECT 1-3 TO BE THE 'HOLY TRINITY' COVER YOUR EARS!!!!

Mass Effect Andromeda is good. Better than I remember and I played it a lot the past couple of days.

I get it isn't what everyone wanted but it is Mass Effect all the way through.
I played Andromeda non-stop until I finished it. It definitely didn't live up to the previous games... like, in any way. But I had fun with it, and basically 100%'d it on my first playthrough. I've tried to re-play it as Sara a few times since then, but never make it out of the tutorial though.

One of my biggest issue was that I didn't like the companions very much... Drack and Peebee were okay, but the rest were boring or flat-out awful.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
WARNING:

ANYONE WHO CONSIDERS MASS EFFECT 1-3 TO BE THE 'HOLY TRINITY' COVER YOUR EARS!!!!

Mass Effect Andromeda is good. Better than I remember and I played it a lot the past couple of days.

I get it isn't what everyone wanted but it is Mass Effect all the way through.
I really enjoyed Andromeda despite it's flaws. I give it a 7.5/10. It was a fun game.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The way Sony handling this Horizon release is disappointing and sad to see. Messing with regional pricing and pumping out a broken port is not the way to cultivate potential customer segment. Meanwhile, Microsoft is releasing competent PC ports on day 1. Don't call me a console warrior, but I am all for MS here. While they still have missteps here and there, their stance on PC support deserve credits.
Well, MS has a lot more of practice when it comes to PC versions so right now I will give Sony the benefit of the doubt and some time for them to get the point of good PC usage.

Let's give time to the time. :cat-heart-blob:

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
There are two kind of HZD PC players. Those with a PC and PS4 and those who were able to survive without Sony games.

The former don't need extra arguments to buy a PS5, though as stated above they aren't valuable costumers.
The later are probably still not convinced.
I fall into the PS4 and PC owner category and looking forward beyond HZD, I have no intention whatsoever of buying a PS5 or the new Xbox. Games are coming to me as a PC owner more and more so why bother with a new console at all.

Personally I think MS will continue to blur the line between console and PC more and more until it's effectively one thing in either a console style box or in a tower case.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Also not to be a downer but a reminder that GamePass games, to the best of my knowledge, ships games in the absolute worst format we feared MS would push on us : encrypted UWP packages that you cannot modify.

If HZD had shipped this way, there would be jack shit you could do to fix it by yourself other than overriding driver settings.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I agree with you on Sony, but MS is even worse at regional pricing unfortunately. FS2020 is hilariously overpriced and even sold at 70€ when the US base price is 60$.

Both companies would sell their mother if they could get away with it.
Yeah. I was referring to their pricing on FS2020 when saying they have missteps, but at the same time, Halo, Sea of Thieves, and Grounded are all fine. On the other hand, I really don't like Sony changing Horizon's price after a few days without any notice.
Well, MS has a lot more of practice when it comes to PC versions so right now I will give Sony the benefit of the doubt and some time for them to get the point of good PC usage.

Let's give time to the time. :cat-heart-blob:
Haha, don't worry. I am willing to give them time to fix the port and will buy Horizon eventually. But cheapening it their first port is not a good move. 😢

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Andromeda was alright though I felt exactly zero connection to any of the characters. I could probably name the entire cast of ME1, 2 and 3 off by heart but probably none of the Andromeda Crew. There was the british dude, side-shave girl, not Garrus, Weird Alien dude, a doctor played by the woman from GoT etc...

Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I agree on ME Andromeda, I liked it just fine! Sure I wouldn't replay like I have done with original trilogy.
I enjoyed it too, but then just putting the ME3 menu music back on kind of makes it hit home how much I wished they'd had a narrative thread with the previous trilogy other than Liara's recording, which wasn't even Shepard because voice actor strike.

Now I want to replay ME1 through 3. Good job.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I enjoyed it too, but then just putting the ME3 menu music back on kind of makes it hit home how much I wished they'd had a narrative thread with the previous trilogy other than Liara's recording, which wasn't even Shepard because voice actor strike.

Now I want to replay ME1 through 3. Good job.
Yeah think I will do a replay too, soon!:D Just need to get ME3 with DLC on Steam.

Reactions: ISee and Swenhir

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Also not to be a downer but a reminder that GamePass games, to the best of my knowledge, ships games in the absolute worst format we feared MS would push on us : encrypted UWP packages that you cannot modify.

If HZD had shipped this way, there would be jack shit you could do to fix it by yourself other than overriding driver settings.
Even some driver-level / NV inspector settings do not work on UWP.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I'm liking the artstyle, and the gameplay looks like Stardew but in 3D. But what's with the "Plants vs Zombie" comparison? Did they mean that it has combat like Rune Factory and Stardew Valley?

Also, the way they describe this sounds like women are part of the threat lol.
Yeah, love the look. Love the genre.

But that quote made me just scroll right on by.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Didn't Microsoft say that they want to make UWP more like win32 a while ago?

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
So I finished God eater 3 and I'm in still in the monster killing mood, from the posts I see here I guess HZD is still a bust, so I guess I'll go back to MHW

Reactions: Ascheroth

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea they really need to put premiere on Steam asap. Its a no-brainer with Madden, FIFA and Squadrons releasing soon. I'm down for a month or two.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It will be just Access and not premiere on Steam? That's strange.

edit:

2kk copies on Steam for Fall Guys, the game has 35.381 reviews which brings it into the "60x reviews range"
No wonder why HZD was number 2 in the weekly top seller, WHAT A JUGGERNAUT!!!! :blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I assume HZD is about 500k sales on Steam right now (multiply reviews with 40 which seems to be the minimum). So adding those 500k to the high price Sony should have made tons of money already.

However in the case of Fall Guys, I assume the amount reviews have lots to do with people reacting the the server outages. I think it would be quite a lot less reviews if the servers were fine since launch.

Reactions: LEANIJA and PC-tan

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I assume HZD is about 500k sales on Steam right now (multiply reviews with 40 which seems to be the minimum). So adding those 500k to the high price Sony should have made tons of money already.

However in the case of Fall Guys, I assume the amount reviews have lots to do with people reacting the the server outages. I think it would be quite a lot less reviews if the servers were fine since launch.
Minimum is 20, average I think is 40 and max 60.

2 million copies on Steam is very impressive, I thought it was nearly 1 million.
I thought the same. I didn't even consider 1.5kk much less 2kk. Devolver and Mediatonic must be very happy right now.

Reason: typo
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Gotta download fall guys on my PS4 for next weekend (I have PS+ so free for me as long as I'm subbed). For the brief time I will have tonight as free time, its Mass Effect Andromeda time!

One of the great nightmares of life I've found is trying and failing to fall asleep for hours. The mind does very very strange things and you become acutely aware of your body in ways that are not comfortable. Trying to will yourself to sleep has the opposite effect. If your body is uncomfortable, for whatever reason, it isn't going to let you sleep.

Luckily, I know the cause and how to deal with it so I've only had it crop up two other times since mid april. I feel for anyone who deals with this on a regular basis, it isn't fair and based on how I feel today..... whew.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
There's something to be said about how heartwarming it is that a non-violent, party games is getting 2 million sales on Steam.
Also, the first moment I saw Fall Guys I thought "This colorful game seems like made by Nintentodo". Now just imagine what would happen if PC gaming could get such treatment.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I can't for the life of me budget a new ipad.
That being said, some user with the same issue posted some days ago that the new beta fixed the issue.

At least I will have a few minutes of hope :sweaty-blob:

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
It's a non violent game that makes you want to be violent 😛

For a second I thought everyone would die to the slime and he would get the crown but this... this was much better.

Speaking of Fall Guys, with zero hyperbole, I think it's a real GOTY contender. I just hope they have some new maps on the way and release them at a steady pace, like 2 per month. I honestly still can't believe there isn't a race with moving/floating platforms in the game.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
How do you push people in Fall Guys? I only know how to grab.
You grab them and then move in their direction.

It's a non violent game that makes you want to be violent 😛

I'm guessing that the other guy wanted to do the first place emote achievement where you emote before getting first place.

The good thing about the reviews is that despite how popular the game is and all that it tells you how people feel (I think it's like a 7/10??)

And ya Tim must be upset that he could have picked up this game.

The music for the game is nice but does get repetitive.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
One thought I find funny is that Tim Sweeney has moneyhatted so many indie games, probably hoping to have the next PUBG-like viral hit on his platform and he has struck out every single time. I always get a kick out of imagining Tim throwing his hands up in frustration as his money bankrolls one flop after another.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
One thought I find funny is that Tim Sweeney has moneyhatted so many indie games, probably hoping to have the next PUBG-like viral hit on his platform and he has struck out every single time. I always get a kick out of imagining Tim throwing his hands up in frustration as his money bankrolls one flop after another.
That goose game was somewhat popular, although I believe it's popularity was due to consoles, switch iirc, and not egs.

Status
Not open for further replies.