Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
From cancelled Elden Ring so they could work on their true dream project, an Adventures of Cookie & Cream reboot. you heard it here first

also, didn't realize that the version of Hypnospace Outlaw releasing on Game Pass today was a + version with a ton of new content. nice. (don't worry, it's a free update for Steam owners, no one's getting screwed over here)

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
This version of Control has the AWE dlc included and releases today correct.?

Also it's almost Friday, pause your Humble Choice if this month doesn't do anything for you.

I appreciate any unwanted Call of Cthulhu, Coma 2, and Vampyr keys.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Dang, Control couldn't have performed THAT bad.
I dunno... Remedy games are always niche and underperform...right? Im not entirely sure, its just what I remember. And releasing on the Fortnite launcher only probably wasnt the best idea for that game.

This version of Control has the AWE dlc included and releases today correct.?
Yes. Well, it released already.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I dunno... Remedy games are always niche and underperform...right? Im not entirely sure, its just what I remember. And releasing on the Fortnite launcher only probably wasnt the best idea for that game.

Yes. Well, it released already.
I meant the DLC for non ultimate buyers, but thank you.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Hitman 2 was also ridiculously expensive if you bought the Silver or Gold Edition. In hindsight, it should not have come as a surprise Io took that deal, their business side seems completely aimless and detached from their audience.
The SIlver and Gold editions came with free DLC before. Not sure if that is the case here or not, but previously you got 1/2 DLC maps included in that price.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Too much gaming stuff today, so I will most likely delay the purchase Tell Me Why and Wasteland 3 and Ancestors for a while, but I'll see.

Also, Geoff's GamesCom showcase should be in 1h30min with news regarding Fall Guys season 2.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I’m gonna be honest, I don’t understand how DLSS works. I’ve seen people mix internal and display resolutions but I dont get why.

If I have a 2070 super which settings should I use to get 1080p, RTX effects and +60fps.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I meant the DLC for non ultimate buyers, but thank you.
Ah ok, I see. I dont know about the AWE DLC releasing separetely, sorry.

The SIlver and Gold editions came with free DLC before. Not sure if that is the case here or not, but previously you got 1/2 DLC maps included in that price.
I dont exactly remember the pricing scheme, but since the Silver and Gold editions definitely cost extra (I believe it was 80€ for the Gold), I'd hardly called the maps included with those editions "free"... I'd just call it a type of season pass, I guess.

~

Jim Sterling chimed in on your pricing discussion, sorta:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ok so I missed all the fun in regards to game pricing. In short, it's our duty as customers to complain about high prices, or hell we should always complain about prices till it's zero, because the deal is for us to buy something as cheaply as possible because they sure as hell have the same mindset, make a game as cheaply as possible. One could argue "think of the devs" but the devs aren't the ones getting billion dollar bonuses, instead they are worked to exhaustion.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I'd rather throw my money out of the window than giving it to a shitty company like 505.

Anyway, I'm happy that the many people looking forward to this game can finally play it. 😊
Hey man which window I might be interested :blobeyes:

jk, I totally get why folks dont want to give money to 505. But my love for Remedy is a lot.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Ancestors is 50% off.

Dammit. I don't have time for it. Im in the middle of playing P4G and just bought Control and Im also interested in Wasteland 3, Tell Me Why, Battletoads and Spiritfarer.

It's a time problem, not a money problem. I can buy all of these right now if I want, but I feel it would be a waste as Im not ready for them.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
This has turned into a "how low can Control go" thread.
I rented my copy from the library for my PS4, FOR FREE. BOOM VICTORY SUCKKEEERRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I did buy the season pass.... Soo, not a complete freedloader. (I have a Masters in Freeloading and PHD in mooching.)

I will say for everyone sitting it out due to 505 games..... One of the best 'new IP' games of the generation and the fact that it is inspired by the legendary greatness of the SCP Foundation makes it a game not to miss.

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I just watched gameplay of Captain Tsubasa and I dunno, I’m not feeling it

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I hope they add a function to ignore whole forum threads., like we can do here. I would so appreciate that... too many bloody threads like "there is a woman in my game, why" or like "egs is better than steam" or "this game is shit, will get at 5$" that I would love to see disappear from the community hub (for me at least, anyway)

It's pretty funny how Ancestors got two launches and got overshadowed both times by Control.
I honestly keep forgetting that game exist. But after this nonsense the director pulled (something along the lines that the critics just dont get his genius and therefore arent rating the game high enough), I lost all interest I mightve had a long time ago. It was on my Steam wishlist once, I think. Its probably on my ignore list now, but I honestly dont know. I will probably forget what I was even talking about by the end of this post.

I'd rather throw my money out of the window than giving it to a shitty company like 505.

Anyway, I'm happy that the many people looking forward to this game can finally play it. 😊
Oh yeah, I totally get that. Its one of very few ex-exclusives I was still looking forward to after the year passed. 505 being a shitty company is a different topic, true... its always a bit hard because so many video game companies are shitty. So many companies are shitty. Capitalism is shitty. Humanity is doomed, and rightfully so.
Sorry got sidetracked a bit there, what were we talking about?

;)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Ancestors being 50% off is good news. Hopefully it means Outer Worlds will be 50% off too.
Hopefully the DLC releases around the same time. I played the game on game pass, but no way in hell Im buying the DLC and the game there.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I just noticed that I am getting a very faint light horizontal line on my monitor. It's barely noticeable(and not at all most of the time). At first I thought it was just Tell Me Why, but it's not. I've taken screenshots, and it's definitely the monitor. Tried different refresh rates, checked cables, turned it off and on, reset, etc... but it's not fixing it. Hopefully I can ignore it or it will go away, cause this monitor was $800CAD when I bought it 2 years ago.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
It's finally Control day! It was a long year but I'm so hyped to finally play it.

Gonna have to wait a little longer though as I downloaded a third of it before realizing I could've saved 10 bucks by not buying directly from Steam. I usually know to check Humble first but I had just woken up so it slipped my mind. Already put in my refund request. Woops! Gives me more time to finish Alan Wake, so whatever. I waited until the last minute to start my replay so I still have 2 episodes left in the main game hahaha.

Also, I know it bombed on basically all platforms but I really hope the lower price makes this release the most successful version by a wide margin. If for no other reason than to make Timmy salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.