Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Mafia Remaster? Oh, they're calling it "Definitive Edition".

edit: Different Game.
Oh, i've heard about this game in PC Gamer mag. You do a run, then do time-stuff, then do another run etc. So they all interact together.
If it's the game i'm thinking of.

edit: meta got confused for a second there.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Struggling looks fun, I was worried when they announced it durign the Nintendo Partner Direct and I couldn't find info about the PC version.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Fingers Crossed for that Little Hope game. Looks spooky. and hope they do some interesting things with it.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Chorvs!

edit:
Wasteland 3 looked a little less serious than i thought it was in my head.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Just chiming in to say
Can we get a game where we kill neo nazis in modern setting instead of only killing them in WW2?

Reactions: Milena

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Hope it's good. I don't like having forearms in VR if it's not full arms, just cut them at the wrist instead, especially if the IK doesn't match your arms well enough.

It doesn't really give the vibe of the first few games despite the original creator's involvement. Still, I hope it's meaty and not very COD-like as it seems at times.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Oh cool, having Control removed from my account didn't reset my download progress. Glad I let the download run while I waited, picked right up where it was once I redeemed my new key. Almost done now!

edit: Also, what the fuck is up with this logo lol? Pretty sure it was smaller earlier, too.

Reactions: Nabs

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Bought control, hopefully i will be able to transfer the save file from my "EGS copy"

Still need a new GPU anyways.... any day now...

Reactions: Rogue Agent

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Turrican?!

edit: Looks like they're putting the band back together. Ohhhhh.

Now showing:
Des' Tiny Too: Stay, Sis!

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Wait, you what mate? Award for Best Playstation Game: One that isn't even out yet! Woooooo!
( Cyberpunk 2077 )

edit: Ratchet & Clank PS5 Gameplay stuff now.

Reactions: Cacher

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
It has been on EGS for a more than a year as open alpha/beta, its probably full EGS exclusive now.
Ahhh, no wonder it kinda fell off my radar a while ago. I barely pay any attention to EGS releases after a day or two. They just slip my mind.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Bought control, hopefully i will be able to transfer the save file from my "EGS copy"
Unfortunately no. Steam and Epic are using slightly different formats for whatever stupid reason.
You can move around files and renaming some of them will allow you to load into an old save game, but certain data will still be missing.
Certain parts of the maps will still be unexplored, control point unclaimed, the DLC doesn't seem to trigger etc.

• Sad
Reactions: Pommes

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
hoo boy, just got a very upset call from the ex about how star wars sims is no bueno and ea is messing up bad. 😆 i figured she'd be pleased as a star wars fan but i guess not.

• Toucan
Reactions: Pommes and Ge0force

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Ratchet looks pretty good, but nothing they showed can't be done on other platforms, the orange portals are just teleporters and the purple ones are just fancy loading screens.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
No loading screen, it's just the same background with Ratchet&co falling in...:face-savouring-delicious-food:
Looks good though, but the amount of cinematics and portals taking you off the gameplay segments could be really annoying.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Was ratchet always this much of an action/shooter? If it didn't have Pixar graphics it might have been a Gears of War clip. With Bioshock Infinite set piece rifts.

Reactions: Eferis

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
What "SSD" are you all making fun off?

edit: oh a PS5 game had a loading screen? I see.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
warp_ Have they tried it or are they just totally unimpressed at it's existance?
edit: ahh, you answered. Hah.

Line Yeah, too much of that jumping around would make it seem like a mini-game collection at times rathern than a full connected game. Hopefully they don't overuse it.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Unfortunately no. Steam and Epic are using slightly different formats for whatever stupid reason.
You can move around files and renaming some of them will allow you to load into an old save game, but certain data will still be missing.
Certain parts of the maps will still be unexplored, control point unclaimed, the DLC doesn't seem to trigger etc.
NO BUENO
MERDA DA SHIT
SCHEIßDRECK

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
warp_ Have they tried it or are they just totally unimpressed at it's existance?
not happy about the existence. i guess the sims community has been pressing ea for updates to existing things and less new worlds. she said stuff like "more hairstyles, better child interactions, expanded character options" for the worlds they have already and this is sorta the opposite.

i guess it's a "destination world" which means it's different than where their sims already are and no sims can live there, just visit. also new clothing and accessories can't be used to full effect because they are "goddamn star wars cosplay crap" (her words lol)

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Alextended I only played a few hours of a couple fo the games but yeah. They have Exploration bits, platforming and running around fighting stuff bits. They're pretty good games from what i remember but my PS2 started playing up and i didn't have a PS3 but apart from the exploration bits that segment looked like prime R&C to me.

Reactions: Alextended

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
This type of music is the soundtrack of my childhood. Does it count as chiptune?
I mean, it uses a chip (PAULA), but said chip allowed for PCM sample playback, which is what Turrican used.
So... no.
There was a bunch of music editors on Amiga which allowed for syntethized samples, TFMX didn't AFAIR
(It did allow for mixing 7 channels on a 4 channel chip, which Turrican 2 title screen uses).

• Love
Reactions: Alexandros
Status
Not open for further replies.