Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Alexandros That'll be "Tracker" music. Sampled instruments, sounds placed on "Tracks" with added effects such as stereo-pan, fade, speed-up etc. Probably the most famous apps were Pro-Tracker which like most Trackers had 4 Tracks and OctaMed which could handle 8 tracks.

Totally iconic to us old 16-bit peeps, lol!

Just a quick example i grabbed from the tube:
Used EXTENSIVELY in the Intro/Demo Scene with some astounding compositions being made.

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
That'll be "Tracker" music. Sampled instruments, sounds placed on "Tracks" with added effects such as stereo-pan, fade, speed-up etc. Probably the most famous apps were Pro-Tracker which like most Trackers had 4 Tracks OctaMed which could handle 8 tracks.
I was a famous trance producer when I was 16 thanks to Fast Tracker 😎

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea Gamescom ONL was kind of boring. Give credit to Keighley for putting wtvr he can together but kinda disappointing to not have Elden Ring news again :(

Next gen Dragon Age shaping up better and better but they need to start showing gameplay soon. They've been hyping it up for 2 years now with teasers and behind the scenes reels. I really hope it turns out to be good.

Medal of Honor VR looked fine but a bit choppy and not as polished as I thought it would be. The whole forearm sticking out like that in VR looked kinda bad tbh. Also Oculus exclusive is so dumb. Like EA doesn't have money to fund a VR game? Respawn has been killing it with Apex and Fallen Order. Why would you get in bed with FB? Or at least negotiate some type of deal that lets you release it on more platforms wtf.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Next gen Dragon Age shaping up better and better but they need to start showing gameplay soon. They've been hyping it up for 2 years now with teasers and behind the scenes reels. I really hope it turns out to be good.
I really want a sequel to Inquisition. Or rather, the real game : Trespasser.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Turrican is an Anthology release for PS4 & Switch.

Turrican Anthology Vol. 1

• [UWSL]Turrican (Amiga)[/UWSL]
  • [UWSL]Turrican 2 (Amiga)[/UWSL]
  • [UWSL]Super Turrican (SNES)[/UWSL]
  • [UWSL]Super Turrican Director’s Cut (SNES)[/UWSL]
  • [UWSL]Mega Turrican Score Attack (Mega Drive)[/UWSL]

Turrican Anthology Vol. 2

• Turrican 3 (Amiga)
  • Mega Turrican (Mega Drive)
  • Mega Turrican Director’s Cut (Mega Drive)
  • Super Turrican 2 (SNES)
  • Super Turrican 1 Score Attack (SNES)

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Is this Minecraft with smaller blocks?

And oof that fps.
It's gonna be intense. The game is fully software path traced (or at least some reasonable facsimile thereof), incredible sound dynamics. I've been watching it for a long long time (before it was a game). I think it's going to be the most advanced game when released in quite a few ways.

It's my #1 anticipated game.

Reactions: ISee

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Funny you folks should be talking about chiptunes. I had the first physical CD arrive in the post today from the 8 Bit Symphony Pro kickstarter. The thirst was still real for the music so from chips to an orchestra it went. Its also great!

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I got into module music in that period of time whereupon I got onto the Internet through when MP3s became a thing and downloading them became viable.

I had an amazing collection, but sadly I lost it all. I recorded all my favorite songs to 3 audiocasettes which I still have, and I've converted them to MP3s (irony). The more popular tunes I've re-discovered, but there's a bunch of more obscure ones I wish I could get the original mods / mp3 outputs of.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I've backed Eiyuuden Chronicle Kickstarter... probably against my better judgement. :dana_tense:
I did as well. I am too much of a sucker for the Suikoden games to not do it. The project seems big enough that they will get picked up by a publisher (505 probably like Bloodstained), and then eventually put out something. I dunno if it will be good or not, but I'm in to see them try.

Reactions: Kvik
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Seems Valve added region lock to Steam wallet cards.
Huh. Wonder why that is. They converted to your local currency anyway.

Note:

We have made some changes to how Steam Wallet Codes are redeemed on Steam, as part of our ongoing effort to reduce scams like the ones explained HERE. These changes should not impact regular customers who enjoy using Steam wallet codes they purchase at retail in their local currency.

Each Steam User Account is associated with a specific currency, which you can see in the top right corner of your Steam Client. Going forward, you may encounter an error if you try to activate a Steam Wallet Code issued in a different currency than the one of your Steam User Account.

If you have questions about your ability to redeem Steam Wallet Codes, please contact Steam Support. If you are concerned about the legitimacy of a Steam code you have purchased, you should ask your retailer.

Please visit our Where to buy Steam Wallet Codes article to find Valve-authorized retailers for genuine Steam Wallet Codes.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Played a little bit of Per Aspera Demo. I find it quite relaxing.

The topographical map style is neat but looks kinda sparse when zoomed in.
I did as well. I am too much of a sucker for the Suikoden games to not do it. The project seems big enough that they will get picked up by a publisher (505 probably like Bloodstained), and then eventually put out something. I dunno if it will be good or not, but I'm in to see them try.
I've asked them politely in the survey to stay away from 505 Games and EGS. Hopefully, it won't fall on deaf ears.

Reactions: QFNS and Cacher

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
So the jingoism of Call of Duty, and my dislike of the series hit a new level having just watched the trailer for the new game. They've always tried to paper over American interventions and imperialism as a bad thing to some degree with the plots since 4, but good god to use Ronald fucking Reagan, one of the US' worst presidents to make it seem moral and heroic to commit war crimes... Just disgusting.

Are there any other feeds or threads or youtube channels of just trailers i can watch? I need to bleach that shit from my mind before it bothers me more than writing this post. Anyone have any suggestions?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
One of my friends said he is looking forward to the new COD game since it continues off from Black Ops 1. I might give the game a go sometime in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.