Community MetaSteam | August 2021 - Openness Is Its Superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Grime is so disappointing. Even many of the positive reviews echo my sentiments and honestly, a lot of them should be negative reviews. The game has core design problems that were solved years ago. It feels like they didn't have any metroidvania fans or soulslike fans play the game from an outside perspective, because the initial reactions almost unanimously called this shit out.

Checkpoints are incredibly far apart - they've added some before I started playing and there are probably less than half of what I would consider "time consuming but OK". Fast travel may as well not exist even after they added more nodes. Dying isn't super costly but you have to redo so, so, so many rooms almost every time, including, on multiple occasions, redoing auto-scrolling segments or timed platforming cycles, including one time before a boss - no enemies, no actual danger, but over a minute of just walking and waiting each time, in a game designed to kill you while you learn.

I tried to push through and did get farther in it, almost 6 hours now. I would say 60-90 minutes of that is straight up just walking back to where I died, much of it without any challenge or legitimate reason for making you walk that far, and I honestly have not died that much.

I'll keep an eye on the patch notes but despite their early attempts to fix the complaints there's a ton of work they'd have to do and I don't know that they want to. If they doubled (or more) the number of checkpoints I'd consider at least completing the main story, if they let you fast travel using them then I might consider exploring it more. And then I could even live without the same dumb lack-of-map-until-you-find-it system that Hollow Knight had (which again, was one of the most common complaints and yet it is copied here). I could use cheat engine as a respec tool if they never add it to the game, it depends if they want to be more metroidvania-esque or souls-esque I guess.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
xdefiant looks good
it's like blops 2/4 with overwatch abilities and objectives which is exactly what I want in a shooter

and yeah I know the punk rock mohawk gang signs 'how do you do fellow kids' marketing was stupid but the actual game doesn't have any of that crap

I hope ubisoft puts this one in steam
They won't put any of the F2P games on Steam. Those games are major reason why they left Steam in the first place.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Xiaomi announces 1440p/165Hz IPS monitor
Me: Nice, Xiaomi has decent stuff at affordable prices
Xiaomi: It will cost 500€
Me: I guess this monitor i have is perfectly fine...

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Hm I got a $15 prepaid VISA credit card through a Microsoft Promotion. Wanted to buy FM7 on the Windows Store, but it says "The region where your payment method was issued and your Microsoft Store region need to match." From what I gathered, the card was issued in the US. Does that mean I would also be region switching when using the card on Steam? If yes, I might be able to activate some "forbidden" games again... hmmm... Would my Steam Wallet convert from € to $ then?

Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Oh, i thought Ubisoft were going to cash-in on the Dodgeball game thing that's getting started but nope it's mobile bomberman with ubi licenses.
I wonder how riddled with MTX it will be? It's got Just Dance 2021? Yeah, it'll get pulled after a year due to licensing.
At least they've put the "effort" in to make it Bomberman Royale with 99 players i suppose.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Oh, i thought Ubisoft were going to cash-in on the Dodgeball game thing that's getting started but nope it's mobile bomberman with ubi licenses.
I wonder how riddled with MTX it will be? It's got Just Dance 2021? Yeah, it'll get pulled after a year due to licensing.
At least they've put the "effort" in to make it Bomberman Royale with 99 players i suppose.
My guess of MTX would be character skins from different Ubisoft games and songs from Just Dance collection maybe?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
"Only 2750 UbiGems for 18 Rabbids Bombs! Make you friends laugh at the wacky faces on the bombs as you blow them up!"
You get 10 UbiCoins per match and need 14 UbiCoins to make 4 UbiGems or you can buy a bag of 2356 UbiGems for £3.50 or 4007 for £5.00

That's how they do it isn't it? Make none of the maths make sense so you have to keep buying more bags and stuff as none of it is divisible?

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force and C-Dub

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Thanks kafiend

But uhh unless I'm an idiot I have no idea where I'm supposed to use that code

I tried GOG & Steam

Check your PMs. Its always possible I might have bollixed something up with the code.

Edit:
Turns out I originally gave you a code that I was supposed to process into a Steam key through my BugByte account. Which was nice because that irrelevant bit of information was not particularly clear in the email.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Managed to get Jade Empire to run under Wine. The problem is, the culprit was PulseAudio, and disabling it means the game works but without sound. Not the outcome I was hoping for. Guess I need to work some more. The plus side is, since I'm using a separate Wine Launcher container for every game, once I manage to get one working, I can just copy the whole container to another PC/save it for later and never go through all the troubleshooting again.

FunnyJay