Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

undu

Mar 17, 2019

I wonder of he'll ever try a Deck and see that Windows is replaceable or keep hating on Canada

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I wanted to start a new hobby so I looked into old videogame consoles repair.

Grabbed two jank Super Famicom yesterday for less than 5 bucks. The first one works totally fine.

But the second one has graphical glitch.

Gonna start looking into it on the weekend.

Last edited:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
So is this one censored as well? Lol

Btw ORX is actually pretty fun I did the Demo for that when it was like Steam Next Fest
I don't like card games all that much (different topic) but I really like tower defense games so I was fighting with myself and decided to give it a try even though you know... card game

But similarly that's why I think Loop Hero is cool (also card game) it's not just the same mechanics used in literally every card based whatever that are so stupid

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Very disappointed with the pricing of Victoria 3 even though Paradox telegraphed their position on regional pricing a couple of weeks ago.

This looks so good. I haven't backed anything on Kickstarter in a long time, but this gives me serious Ultima VII vibes so I'm gonna do it.
This trailer looks really, really good.

Not sure about the Kickstarter though. Apparently it has been in full development for a year and they estimate it'll take another year to completion. So they're asking for $100,000 to fund a studio of 12 developers for one year to release this expansive RPG with single and multiplayer modes on 4 different platforms. There's no way they can do that with this amount of money can they?

Well, they put this at the end of the Kickstarter page;

They've had prior funding for the first half of development and they're looking at a potential publisher deal so this is one of those "gauging interest" Kickstarters they'll use to leverage further funding. They're going to reach their 100k target anyway and backers aren't the stakeholders (they never are, really) so I would just wait and get the game when it releases. You never know, maybe they decide to go with Epic Timmy as their publisher and the game vanishes onto the EGS.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Once again no dualshock prompts.
This annoys me so much. Should be a standard option to select which icons you want.
Currently playing Hitman 3 and it wont recognise my Dualsense as native so i have to use Steam input and have x box buttons.
Ive seen small indie games give you the option but i dont think any bigger titles do.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Very disappointed with the pricing of Victoria 3 even though Paradox telegraphed their position on regional pricing a couple of weeks ago.

This trailer looks really, really good.

Not sure about the Kickstarter though. Apparently it has been in full development for a year and they estimate it'll take another year to completion. So they're asking for $100,000 to fund a studio of 12 developers for one year to release this expansive RPG with single and multiplayer modes on 4 different platforms. There's no way they can do that with this amount of money can they?

Well, they put this at the end of the Kickstarter page;

They've had prior funding for the first half of development and they're looking at a potential publisher deal so this is one of those "gauging interest" Kickstarters they'll use to leverage further funding. They're going to reach their 100k target anyway and backers aren't the stakeholders (they never are, really) so I would just wait and get the game when it releases. You never know, maybe they decide to go with Epic Timmy as their publisher and the game vanishes onto the EGS.
I think the game looks awesome because it's like a "modernized" take on Ultima VII with some other games thrown in, there's a lot of games on kickstarter that do that kind of stuff which is part of why I stopped donating towards them (Which is realistically what you're doing)

I hope they succeed but 100k, assume they get like maybe 200k? I dont think theyll get that high but whatever kickstarter takes a cut so i dunno theyll get out with 180k or something which would be like salary for maybe a couple of months

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Looking over the Ryzen 7000 announcement. AMD please give me a vcached 12-16 core monster so I can replace my aging Xeon build and have CPU power for years for both gaming and virtualization.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Looking over the Ryzen 7000 announcement. AMD please give me a vcached 12-16 core monster so I can replace my aging Xeon build and have CPU power for years for both gaming and virtualization.
It will likely happen, it's just a matter of when.
Rumors that it may happen by the end of the year or early next year, and that there will be more models (not just 8 core), but for now those are still rumors.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
New rumors about Zen 4 X3D, according to these rumors 7950X3D, 7900X3D and 7800X3D will be announced in January, at CES.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Pretty sad VALKYRIE ELYSIUM releases on november 11th on Steam when PlayStation release date is this september 26th.
two month exclusive?
More like Square Enix has a very packed calendar and they do not know where to put it for PC which might or might not get another port that perhaps Playstation won't get (no, I'm not teasing anything, Triangle Strategy could release around October/November if it follows Bravely Deafult 2 timing)

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
Same day and date for PC and PS for Fromsoft stuff one would hope.
Kadokawa is still majority shareholder there’s not much to worry about exclusivity outside of games such as bloodborne, plus second biggest shareholder is not even Sony.
They’re also selling shares just to fund their publishing capacity, not selling the studio.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Very intrigued by Terminator. Heard great things about it on here but I probably shouldn't buy more games. 🤡

Also, very excited for Robocop. I love all these movies from the 80s and 90s: Terminator, Rambo, Predator, Robocop, Alien... best era before CGI.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Probably they just asked for more and MS said no
I would think you’d have to sign a contract with MS before officially announcing a game for Game Pass, though, Game isn’t my cup of tea anyway but what a weird situation; not aware of any precedent for it.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
This is the first time I can remember where a publisher backed out of a Game Pass deal. I have to wonder what happened behind the scenes as Microsoft said strategy games are a big deal for PC Game Pass.
Probably they just asked for more and MS said no
Or they didn't see a big conversion to DLC buyers, which is their main bread and butter.

Gamepass may be good for one-and-done games, but it doesn't look like a good fit for service games, which many of us pointed out before.

• Eyes

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
Or they didn't see a big conversion to DLC buyers, which is their main bread and butter.

Gamepass may be good for one-and-done games, but it doesn't look like a good fit for service games, which many of us pointed out before.
I mean that's why they said they probably asked for more? Iirc they said in an interview that gamepass doesn't pay per time played so my conclusion is that they either asked for more money or asked to change the business model of game pass for them (lol).
The latter seems naive and I doubt anyone that has half of brain would dare to suggest it to MS, so they probably asked for more.

Low DLC conversion is still better than none, the people that play the game once and drop it were not gonna buy the DLC anyway and they are likely playing the game just because it's on gamepass hence any money you can get is still more than zero
It's also probably better for smaller microtransaction, as in a pack of in-game currency in a game for $3 rather than a DLC for $29.99.

I kinda didn't articulate my answer more before buuuuut they probably just asked for more money

• Eyes

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I mean that's why they said they probably asked for more? Iirc they said in an interview that gamepass doesn't pay per time played so my conclusion is that they either asked for more money or asked to change the business model of game pass for them (lol).
The latter seems naive and I doubt anyone that has half of brain would dare to suggest it to MS, so they probably asked for more.

Low DLC conversion is still better than none, the people that play the game once and drop it were not gonna buy the DLC anyway and they are likely playing the game just because it's on gamepass hence any money you can get is still more than zero

I kinda didn't articulate my answer more before buuuuut they probably just asked for more money
I hear you.
In the end, it looks like Paradox didn't see the value in GamePass as it is currently run.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Well whatever it is, Paradox must have calculated the numbers and saw that it's not worth doing a game pass deal yet for Victoria 3. Maybe CK3 didn't do what they wanted it to do on game pass.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Satori
Status
Not open for further replies.