Community MetaSteam | August 2023 - IT'S MECHA TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
i dont even understand the deal

You have to sacrifice a release on the defacto PC gaming platform (aswell as all other, minor platforms) for an additional 12% revenue on the EGS?

There is no planet on which that is a good deal even if games on the EGS would sell a lot better than they actually do.

Like money upfront is a deal i can understand to a degree but this? The fuck

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
i dont even understand the deal

You have to sacrifice a release on the defacto PC gaming platform (aswell as all other, minor platforms) for an additional 12% revenue on the EGS?

There is no planet on which that is a good deal even if games on the EGS would sell a lot better than they actually do.

Like money upfront is a deal i can understand to a degree but this? The fuck
It's a good deal for epic, that's what matter to them
Screw the rest

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Screw the rest
It's only a "good deal" for Epic on the surface because they potentially get exclusives for "free".
But it's actually not really a good deal because every halfway competent dev/publisher releasing on PC should know by now how much of an absolute marketing blackhole the EGS is and how few sales they can expect.

I was gonna make a Square Enix joke, but even they are probably not stupid enough to do an exclusive deal without an upfront money bag.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Taking the question of other forum

How much playtime per week you perceive as healthy and normal as working adults?
  • 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
Even without relationship or kids, I can barely must 8 hours per week. My job is really demanding...
How is it for y'all?
I'm trying to go for 2-2.5 hours daily, but half of that is just puzzle/VN games on Deck.
I can go higher if I don't have anything gripping to watch/read queued.
But most of it is after the rest of household has went to sleep (and rest during toilet breaks), so...

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

How much playtime per week you perceive as healthy and normal as working adults?
  • 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
Even without relationship or kids, I can barely must 8 hours per week. My job is really demanding...
How is it for y'all?
However long you're comfy with while maintaining physical and mental well-being. Gaming is my main free-time hobby, and i average 20-60 hours a week, depending on how engrossed i am in a current game.

I'll say being able to WFH has helped free up a lot of time for me. No commutes, and a lot less time spent on prepping myself to go out in public. My morning routine before work used to take like a whole hour, now I just get dressed, make a cup of coffee, have a smoke and get to it.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I just want to chime in to say that PureDark can fuck off with his onlyfans model of modding
Thats not what modding Is about and its the most disruptive thing the modding scene has seen in the last 20 years
There was a screenshot/post on reddit I forgot to save about someone complaining/explaining that his check thing breaks anyways on newly patched stuff anyways and requires you to pay again. So stuff that is new/frequently patches (AKA new games, Buggy as shit games COUGH COUGH BETHESDA)
Would require you to have to keep checking in to verify that you paid or not, so say they patch the first day then, then later in the day, then tomorrow, then 4 days later and great you're out like 40$ in verifying you bought his mod Lol

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
While Armored Core indeed looks excellent I will hold until the Winter Sale. I really need to play more stuff from the backlog, and I would rather buy more movies for the time being.

Reactions: lashman and Stevey

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Funny how desperate humble is for me to sub for choice, first I got an offer for 9€, so 90 cent reduction! Now got an offer for 8€. Come on keep going down, I can wait!
Those offers are actually cheaper than what the mail says.
Probably some currency conversion fuckups in the mail, but the 9€ offer is actually 7,50€ and I guess the 8€ offer is actually 6€.
(Also don't wait too long, cause the offer should expire before the Choice drops, just make sure to take a look at the date in the mail)

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
While Armored Core indeed looks excellent I will hold until the Winter Sale. I really need to play more stuff from the backlog, and I would rather buy more movies for the time being.
What do you mean? It's says right there that it's releasing for Yuzu/Ryujinx

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

• 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
How is it for y'all?
I am single and child-free, but even so I normally only spend an hour or two per day gaming, at most. Typically it's less than that. When I have a game that utterly consumes me(happens 1-2 per year if I am lucky), I can spend many, many more than that. I just finished playing BG3 for like 8 hours straight. My eyes are blurry.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Hey there's alot of fucking post apocalyptic fuckng cyberpunk shooter type games

developers.....are you trying to tell us something.....

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Screw the rest
Classic enshittification. Considering devs and publishers were always Epic’s primary customer, this move tracks.

The thing is, they’ve put the cart before the horse because to properly enshittify, you need a successful platform first.

• Toucan
Reactions: kio and lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Nvidia (NVDA) reported second quarter earnings after the bell Wednesday that blew away already sky high expectations for the graphics chip giant as the AI hype train keeps pushing markets forward.

The company reported revenue of $13.51 billion, a 101% jump from last year, while adjusted earnings came in at $2.70 per share, up 429% from last year. Analysts had expected revenue to come in at $11.04 billion with earnings per share totaled $2.07, according to data from Bloomberg.

Nvidia also issued current quarter revenue guidance of $16 billion, plus or minus 2%, far outpacing Wall Street's already lofty expectations for $12.5 billion in revenue.

Shares of the graphics chipmaker rose as much as 9% in after hours trading on Wednesday to a record high of $515 per share.

:suicide-blob:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Just means the crash down to earth will be longer and harder.

AI is just another bubble set to burst. Not saying the tech doesn’t have its uses, but once Techbro bosses realise they have to rehire all their staff because the customer service AI chatbot has started calling for the extermination of the Jews for the eighth time in a week, I suspect we’ll see a tempering of the tech.

It’s not a complete scam, like crypto, but a lot of the cryptogrifters have moved to AI with their hyperbole and false promises. Nvidia’s cashing in on that, and they’ll probably be one of the biggest victims when it crashes too.

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Figures, I was on a retro FPS kick earlier this year (Blood Fresh Supply, Dark Forces 1-2 and Redneck Rampage), and while DF1 was probably my least favorite of the bunch, it's still pretty decent. The Force Engine port of DF1 actually looks surprisingly close to the Nightdive remaster and was easy to get running. Would love to see Nightdive tackle DF2, Jedi Academy and Outcast since those were always my favorites.
On a side note, Blood has some of my favorite weapon designs from that era and the game seriously kicks ass.

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.